EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Coercer
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-13-2005, 10:50 PM   #1
Scally W

Hey Nibbles,
  Don't know if you saw in the dev tracker today that Beghn (a dev) was posting replies to broken priest and enchanters spells... Might be a good time to repost our broken spell list as it appears they are searching the forums at the moment to include fixes for LU #7.  I know they are addressing alot for priests and enchanters in this coming patch, so now seems to be the time to post like mad again.  The responses actually gave me a ray of hope.   I would go so far as to suggest you PM him once you repost our list for this week.  Seeing as we compromise only 1% of the server population (see my other thread), it might be awhile before we get attention again.  We've been too quiet lately, let's get our issues out there (politely folks) while they are looking our way. 

Scally W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 12:01 AM   #2
Azmode

General

Well, this may be bad news, but im not sure if the Mage DPS is going in in #7 or not. 

Because significant changes to combat will be arriving on the Test server with our next update, we have decided to delay Priest balancing and changes to Summoner pets until we are confident the combat system is where we want it to be. While this will disappoint some of you, we feel it's best to have our mechanics team focused on the new combat changes rather than spreading them out across multiple systems.

Please note that the changes to combat will be watched closely. We may or may not deliver them to the live servers with Live Update #7; we want this to be done right, and we are not going to rush anything. Though nobody likes delays when they're looking forward to something, ultimately it's better if we take longer to ensure it's stable and fun.

Combat and healing are naturally intertwined, and it doesn't make sense to introduce healilng changes until the fundamentals of combat are sound and stable. Once the combat system is ready, the healing changes will be on the way.

===========================
Moorgard
EverQuest II Community Guy

Azmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 01:06 AM   #3
Scally W

Azmodeus wrote:

Well, this may be bad news, but im not sure if the Mage DPS is going in in #7 or not. 

Because significant changes to combat will be arriving on the Test server with our next update, we have decided to delay Priest balancing and changes to Summoner pets until we are confident the combat system is where we want it to be. While this will disappoint some of you, we feel it's best to have our mechanics team focused on the new combat changes rather than spreading them out across multiple systems.

Please note that the changes to combat will be watched closely. We may or may not deliver them to the live servers with Live Update #7; we want this to be done right, and we are not going to rush anything. Though nobody likes delays when they're looking forward to something, ultimately it's better if we take longer to ensure it's stable and fun.

Combat and healing are naturally intertwined, and it doesn't make sense to introduce healilng changes until the fundamentals of combat are sound and stable. Once the combat system is ready, the healing changes will be on the way.

===========================
Moorgard
EverQuest II Community Guy

I think we are safe because we don't have much for any melee component.  The only troublesome thing would be Beguile tweaks and for the moment they are leaving bad enough alone.  Wouldn't hurt for us to bang some pots and sing some songs again.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:42 AM   #4
Tanatus

Loremaster

Major problem that Dev team dont have single lvl 40+ coercer to play with spells so they as usual "just guess"
Tanatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 04:51 AM   #5
Nibbl

I have traded a few PMs with Blackguard and they have the latest list of what we have posted on the main board so we should be good to go at this time. Here is hoping it makes it in on LU #7 though
Nibbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 05:45 AM   #6
TeveLeezardba

General

I really hope so.  I'm tired of sitting around.
TeveLeezardba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 03:00 PM   #7
Scally W

Nibbles wrote:
I have traded a few PMs with Blackguard and they have the latest list of what we have posted on the main board so we should be good to go at this time. Here is hoping it makes it in on LU #7 though

Thanks Nibbles!  Unfortunately what they've posted so far (7am EST) the Test Server patch notes for LU #7 don't contain much of anything for us.  Well there is a perplexity fix and unfortunately a gift of magi nerf.  So it's a sum zero so far... Hope there are more patch notes coming.  If not I'm going to be pretty PO'd.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:56 PM   #8
Nerj

Scally Wag wrote:

Nibbles wrote:

Thanks Nibbles!  Unfortunately what they've posted so far (7am EST) the Test Server patch notes for LU #7 don't contain much of anything for us.  Well there is a perplexity fix and unfortunately a gift of magi nerf.  So it's a sum zero so far... Hope there are more patch notes coming.  If not I'm going to be pretty PO'd.

Don't forget that charm -- maybe fixed. However, we will die faster now due to armor changes. Instead of two hits it will take just one now.

Lockeye wrote:
I've watched coercers who solo higher con heroics using 2 unbreakable roots while keeping 2 separate encounters locked down at the same time (no other class could pull off such a heroic feat). That is called Crowd Control. What Enchanter's are supposed to do.
Nerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 05:41 PM   #9
Signal9

Loremaster

I'm not holding my breath, unfortunately.

If LU7 is combat updates, and LU8 are Froggy quests, we may not get anything changed of significance until LU9.

I'm sure there's a stacking issue (that benefits us) to be fixed in each, though.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:53 PM   #10
Nibbl

Coercer changes:

- Perplexity can no longer be interrupted and its casting time has been reduced.

- The Power of Suggestion line of spells no longer stacks with Gift of the Magi, as they are upgrades to this spell.

The Power of Suggestion piece was something that was pointed out to devs a few weeks back. It shouldn't have stacked and in reality it did not... you just had both icons showing instead so that shuold not be seen as a strike against us at this time

Perplexity was a fix in the direction

And as for the rest of our damage spells, they will make it into LU #7 if tehy can nail down regular combat 1st. If not, then look to LU #8.
Nibbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 07:03 PM   #11
Tanatus

Loremaster

So correct me is I wrong ....

Whole DPS correction thing for echanters ended up casting time reduction on Perplexity?? ROFLMAO

Old 04-14-2005, 07:39 PM   #12
Scally W

Tanatus wrote:

So correct me is I wrong ....

Whole DPS correction thing for echanters ended up casting time reduction on Perplexity?? ROFLMAO

I think that fix is a sideline item... they pretty much threw our changes out the door so they could screw up the combat system.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:03 PM   #13
shwig

General

If perplexity acts like good old stupefy after the patch that would be fantastic.  As of right now it's almost totally useless.
shwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 11:31 PM   #14
Tanatus

Loremaster

ye right now its 3.0s casting time instead of 4.0s ....
Old 04-15-2005, 12:52 AM   #15
Zansh

Why not bewilder in addition to perplexity?  They both have the same issues... they both need the same fix.

Insidious 37 Coercer

Butcherblock

Zansh is offline   Reply With Quote