EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Coercer
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2005, 10:50 PM   #1
Scally W

 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 86
Default

Hey Nibbles,
  Don't know if you saw in the dev tracker today that Beghn (a dev) was posting replies to broken priest and enchanters spells... Might be a good time to repost our broken spell list as it appears they are searching the forums at the moment to include fixes for LU #7.  I know they are addressing alot for priests and enchanters in this coming patch, so now seems to be the time to post like mad again.  The responses actually gave me a ray of hope.   I would go so far as to suggest you PM him once you repost our list for this week.  Seeing as we compromise only 1% of the server population (see my other thread), it might be awhile before we get attention again.  We've been too quiet lately, let's get our issues out there (politely folks) while they are looking our way. 
 
Scally W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 12:01 AM   #2
Azmode

General
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 213
Default

Well, this may be bad news, but im not sure if the Mage DPS is going in in #7 or not. 

 

Because significant changes to combat will be arriving on the Test server with our next update, we have decided to delay Priest balancing and changes to Summoner pets until we are confident the combat system is where we want it to be. While this will disappoint some of you, we feel it's best to have our mechanics team focused on the new combat changes rather than spreading them out across multiple systems.
 
Please note that the changes to combat will be watched closely. We may or may not deliver them to the live servers with Live Update #7; we want this to be done right, and we are not going to rush anything. Though nobody likes delays when they're looking forward to something, ultimately it's better if we take longer to ensure it's stable and fun.
 
Combat and healing are naturally intertwined, and it doesn't make sense to introduce healilng changes until the fundamentals of combat are sound and stable. Once the combat system is ready, the healing changes will be on the way.

===========================
Moorgard
EverQuest II Community Guy

Azmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 01:06 AM   #3
Scally W

 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 86
Default



Azmodeus wrote:

Well, this may be bad news, but im not sure if the Mage DPS is going in in #7 or not. 

 

Because significant changes to combat will be arriving on the Test server with our next update, we have decided to delay Priest balancing and changes to Summoner pets until we are confident the combat system is where we want it to be. While this will disappoint some of you, we feel it's best to have our mechanics team focused on the new combat changes rather than spreading them out across multiple systems.
 
Please note that the changes to combat will be watched closely. We may or may not deliver them to the live servers with Live Update #7; we want this to be done right, and we are not going to rush anything. Though nobody likes delays when they're looking forward to something, ultimately it's better if we take longer to ensure it's stable and fun.
 
Combat and healing are naturally intertwined, and it doesn't make sense to introduce healilng changes until the fundamentals of combat are sound and stable. Once the combat system is ready, the healing changes will be on the way.

===========================
Moorgard
EverQuest II Community Guy




I think we are safe because we don't have much for any melee component.  The only troublesome thing would be Beguile tweaks and for the moment they are leaving bad enough alone.  Wouldn't hurt for us to bang some pots and sing some songs again.
Scally W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 01:42 AM   #4
Tanatus

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,003
Default

Major problem that Dev team dont have single lvl 40+ coercer to play with spells so they as usual "just guess"
Tanatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 04:51 AM   #5
Nibbl

 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 83
Default

I have traded a few PMs with Blackguard and they have the latest list of what we have posted on the main board so we should be good to go at this time. Here is hoping it makes it in on LU #7 though
Nibbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 05:45 AM   #6
TeveLeezardba

General
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 26
Default

I really hope so.  I'm tired of sitting around.
TeveLeezardba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 03:00 PM   #7
Scally W

 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 86
Default



Nibbles wrote:
I have traded a few PMs with Blackguard and they have the latest list of what we have posted on the main board so we should be good to go at this time. Here is hoping it makes it in on LU #7 though



Thanks Nibbles!  Unfortunately what they've posted so far (7am EST) the Test Server patch notes for LU #7 don't contain much of anything for us.  Well there is a perplexity fix and unfortunately a gift of magi nerf.  So it's a sum zero so far... Hope there are more patch notes coming.  If not I'm going to be pretty PO'd.
Scally W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 04:56 PM   #8
Nerj

 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 254
Default



Scally Wag wrote:


Nibbles wrote:
I have traded a few PMs with Blackguard and they have the latest list of what we have posted on the main board so we should be good to go at this time. Here is hoping it makes it in on LU #7 though



Thanks Nibbles!  Unfortunately what they've posted so far (7am EST) the Test Server patch notes for LU #7 don't contain much of anything for us.  Well there is a perplexity fix and unfortunately a gift of magi nerf.  So it's a sum zero so far... Hope there are more patch notes coming.  If not I'm going to be pretty PO'd.


Don't forget that charm -- maybe fixed. However, we will die faster now due to armor changes. Instead of two hits it will take just one now.
__________________

Lockeye wrote:
I've watched coercers who solo higher con heroics using 2 unbreakable roots while keeping 2 separate encounters locked down at the same time (no other class could pull off such a heroic feat). That is called Crowd Control. What Enchanter's are supposed to do.
Nerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 05:41 PM   #9
Signal9

Loremaster
Signal9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 583
Default

I'm not holding my breath, unfortunately.
 
If LU7 is combat updates, and LU8 are Froggy quests, we may not get anything changed of significance until LU9.
 
I'm sure there's a stacking issue (that benefits us) to be fixed in each, though.
__________________
Signal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 05:53 PM   #10
Nibbl

 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 83
Default

Coercer changes:

- Perplexity can no longer be interrupted and its casting time has been reduced.

- The Power of Suggestion line of spells no longer stacks with Gift of the Magi, as they are upgrades to this spell.

 
 
The Power of Suggestion piece was something that was pointed out to devs a few weeks back. It shouldn't have stacked and in reality it did not... you just had both icons showing instead so that shuold not be seen as a strike against us at this time
 
Perplexity was a fix in the direction
 
And as for the rest of our damage spells, they will make it into LU #7 if tehy can nail down regular combat 1st. If not, then look to LU #8.
Nibbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 07:03 PM   #11
Tanatus

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,003
Default

So correct me is I wrong ....

Whole DPS correction thing for echanters ended up casting time reduction on Perplexity?? ROFLMAO

Tanatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 07:39 PM   #12
Scally W

 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 86
Default



Tanatus wrote:

So correct me is I wrong ....

Whole DPS correction thing for echanters ended up casting time reduction on Perplexity?? ROFLMAO




I think that fix is a sideline item... they pretty much threw our changes out the door so they could screw up the combat system.
Scally W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 11:03 PM   #13
shwig

General
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 46
Default

If perplexity acts like good old stupefy after the patch that would be fantastic.  As of right now it's almost totally useless.
__________________
Shwiggy Glaze
60 Coercer - 60 Woodworker
Guk
shwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 11:31 PM   #14
Tanatus

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,003
Default

ye right now its 3.0s casting time instead of 4.0s ....
Tanatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 12:52 AM   #15
Zansh

 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 16
Default

Why not bewilder in addition to perplexity?  They both have the same issues... they both need the same fix.

Insidious 37 Coercer

Butcherblock

 

Zansh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:46 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.