EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-23-2011, 11:03 PM   #91
Remi

Lord

The problem isn't crafters charging...the problem is crafters charging 10p-20p+ per piece for freaking lvl 12 and 22 MC gear. Most people who could use it could never buy it.

Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:12 PM   #92
Peogia

Loremaster

Senvares wrote:

i wanna see the level mastercrafted armor and weapons back on the SC store i liked having that around.

I would love to see mythical armor and weapons in SC for a premium price this would be about the only gear I would be willing to pay money for unlocks

The FBI is encouraging users to visit a website run by its security partner, http://www.dcwg.org , that will inform them whether they're infected and explain how to fix the problem. After July 9, infected users won't be able to connect to the Internet.
Peogia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:14 PM   #93
Peogia

Loremaster

Remi wrote:

The problem isn't crafters charging...the problem is crafters charging 10p-20p+ per piece for freaking lvl 12 and 22 MC gear. Most people who could use it could never buy it.

and this is another reason why no one plays or gears up in lower tiers its easier cheaper faster to just power level and forget about gear and spells until 90

The FBI is encouraging users to visit a website run by its security partner, http://www.dcwg.org , that will inform them whether they're infected and explain how to fix the problem. After July 9, infected users won't be able to connect to the Internet.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:45 PM   #94
Gaftep
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Blind Guardians

Loremaster

Remi wrote:

In my years, I have rarely seen people charging to make items, above the simple fuel costs...as long as you provide a rare. On Everfrost at least, you have to FIGHT with people sometimes to even tip them, as most established crafters are willing to do combines/updates/crafts (spell and armor) at no charge barring those two things ingrediants.

Tips are usually welcome, not mandatory.

Old 12-24-2011, 03:38 AM   #95
Destria
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Saints and Sinners

Loremaster

Remi wrote:

I know on AB, atleast, that problem only exists on the broker, but if you kindly ask in the crafting channel, 95% of crafters will do it for, get this...a tip.  Novel idea, I know, but they do.

Old 12-24-2011, 05:06 AM   #96
Raknid

Loremaster

Obviously Remi and Peogia did not care to read the thread, do not comprehend what a convenience fee is, just want to troll, or just want to continue b'ing a moaning about a problem that only exists when they create it for themselves by being too lazy to take the actions necessary to keep the goods cost effective.

You are not entitled to goods at a price you think is fair. You are not the arbiter of the value of another persons time.

What is hliarious is that they obviously think their time is so valuable that they do not want to spend it gathering rares, leveling a crafter, or seeking out a crafter, yet they belittle others time by complaining about what others charge for theirs.

If you don't like the situation get up off your butts and do something about it. You have that capacity you know. Or do you think things should just basically be handed to you? Because that is sure what it seems.

Whaaaa....stuff is too expensive.

It takes too long to gather the rares.

It takes too long to level a crafter.

I don't want to have to try to find somebody and then meet them.

I can't....

I can't...

I won't...

That is all I hear from you all.

Raknid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:31 AM   #97
pppp

Lord

I lack a like button

pppp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:36 AM   #98
Khurghan

Loremaster

Most people who have been playing this game won't bat an eye-lid at dropping 10k+ plat on a twink but its not about that - its about trying to actually keep new players interested and involved in the game especially ones coming in via the free-to-play channel (don't forget even at level 90 silver players have a cap of 18 plat).

Being able to buy rares from sc (I assume they are heirloom, if not they should be) would allow players to get gear commissioned (heirloom) from tradeskillers.

This shouldn't be the normal route - buying or harvesting should be, but this mitigates the effects of berkeley hunts (like myself) buying up all the rares at a particular level and price gouging players.

Khurghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:33 PM   #99
WeatherMan

Loremaster

Harvesting is something everyone can do.  Absolutely everyone.  In addition, the crafting tutorials in New Halas for second tier crafters, and Butcherblock for third tier, take only a little bit of time, and net you several rares for your gear.  You are not dependent on groups, raids, or anything else, nor are you at the mercy of some dope who's judging your gear score or whatever.  It's all you, all the time.

The best way I have seen it work is: Level to 12, slide the AA slider to 100% AA, then craft your way up the ladder doing all the crafting tutorials, to level 19 (or 20).  It gives you access to the advanced recipes, the aforementioned rares, and maybe you'll harvest a few additional ones along the way.  Craft your tier 2 gear, earn at least 150 AA's -with- that tier 2 gear, set the slider back to 50/50, and it's pretty much a guarantee you can sail along on treasured drops/rewards all the way to the cap.

This lets you ignore rares as something you need to buy until you hit 80+, and presumably, you'll want better than Mastercrafted by that time, anyways.

- Charles De Gaulle
WeatherMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 02:05 PM   #100
Rijacki

Tester

WeatherMan wrote:

Harvesting is something everyone can do.  Absolutely everyone.  In addition, the crafting tutorials in New Halas for second tier crafters, and Butcherblock for third tier, take only a little bit of time, and net you several rares for your gear.  You are not dependent on groups, raids, or anything else, nor are you at the mercy of some dope who's judging your gear score or whatever.  It's all you, all the time.

Additionally, those quests also give you the opportunity to buy the advanced books (where the recipes for the Mastercrafted are) up to level 39 from an NPC for rather low cost. Making your own 'leveler armor' just takes a bit of effort. It has never been easier to do so.

Old 12-24-2011, 05:11 PM   #101
Griffildur
Guild: First Lords

Loremaster

Peogia wrote:

Senvares wrote:

i wanna see the level mastercrafted armor and weapons back on the SC store i liked having that around.

I would love to see mythical armor and weapons in SC for a premium price this would be about the only gear I would be willing to pay money for unlocks

Why don't you go play wow or something ? I have a feeling you'd fit right in that game.

Old 12-24-2011, 05:24 PM   #102
BtilTheMage

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Peogia wrote:

Senvares wrote:

Why don't you go play wow or something ? I have a feeling you'd fit right in that game.

A supremely stupid statement considering EQ2, not WoW, is the cash shop game nowadays.  I love seeing the WoW bashing for things WoW is not guilty of.  It helps to highlight the idiocy of this community.

BtilTheMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:59 PM   #103
Citadelli

Loremaster

I've played here for many years, since beta infact.  The biggest problem I see is what instant gratification can do to a game. 

The game is supposed to be about the journey and the struggle.  Making friends that help you out, finding rares or crafting your own equipment.  Winning loot with lucky rolls while you defeat monsters.  Those are the good times.

Once the game becomes too easy, which from what I've seen is mostly gear based it becomes boring unless youre raiding.  Well you can't just log in at any moment and start raiding hard tier stuff when you happen to have a couple of hours to burn.  And even that becomes repetative.  Everything else in the game becomes extremely lack-luster.  

A game is by definition a challenge mixed with chance, if you take that away you have no real reason to be here; why be here?

Enjoy your mates, enjoy the great quests and discoveries, enjoy the spoils of victory as you defeat mobs and rob ur buds of gear with good rolls.  Just enjoy playing.

If you want it you can have it, it's not that hard - might even be fun SMILEY  If you're handed everything at once then what do you have to look forward to on your next login?

Citadelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:08 PM   #104
Griffildur

Loremaster

BtilTheMage wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Peogia wrote:

Senvares wrote:

A supremely stupid statement considering EQ2, not WoW, is the cash shop game nowadays.  I love seeing the WoW bashing for things WoW is not guilty of.  It helps to highlight the idiocy of this community.

Wow is the game which keeps most idiots away from other games. If, for once you'd use that thing you have a little bit above your shoulders mayb you'd understand what I am saying and also who is guilty of above mentioned idiocy.

Old 12-24-2011, 06:09 PM   #105
Griffildur

Loremaster

Citadelli wrote:

I've played here for many years, since beta infact.  The biggest problem I see is what instant gratification can do to a game. 

The game is supposed to be about the journey and the struggle.  Making friends that help you out, finding rares or crafting your own equipment.  Winning loot with lucky rolls while you defeat monsters.  Those are the good times.

Once the game becomes too easy, which from what I've seen is mostly gear based it becomes boring unless youre raiding.  Well you can't just log in at any moment and start raiding hard tier stuff when you happen to have a couple of hours to burn.  And even that becomes repetative.  Everything else in the game becomes extremely lack-luster.  

A game is by definition a challenge mixed with chance, if you take that away you have no real reason to be here; why be here?

Enjoy your mates, enjoy the great quests and discoveries, enjoy the spoils of victory as you defeat mobs and rob ur buds of gear with good rolls.  Just enjoy playing.

If you want it you can have it, it's not that hard - might even be fun  If you're handed everything at once then what do you have to look forward to on your next login?

Some people don't work to work for anything and just have everything handed to them or simply pay to get it. I just hope they never get their way.

Old 12-24-2011, 07:10 PM   #106
Jrral

Loremaster

Tatwi wrote:

You're not taking into account the 5g or 20g per level cap that free2play players have available to them. Seems your time is worth a lot more than theirs, especially when charging them for something your guild gave to you and is not likely to ask you to pay back...

My guild gave me? Sorry, no. The guild went and harvested or bought those raws. You think I get to just use them up without replacing them or doing something else to make up for the drain? Please. And yes, I do adjust the charge if the customer's willing to provide the raws as well as the rare. You'd be surprised how few even know what they need to supply, let alone offer to supply them.

Jrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 07:23 PM   #107
Wolfmyth

Loremaster

Citadelli wrote:

Yeah, make Freeport the largest server of all. Sure as hell they screwed up...

Wolfmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 07:36 PM   #108
Gaftep

Loremaster

Wolfmyth wrote:

Citadelli wrote:

Largest server, does not = best server.

Just saying.

Old 12-26-2011, 12:06 AM   #109
Avirodar
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Wolfmyth wrote:

Citadelli wrote:

Just saying.

Exactly that.The "Freeport Server" was the sole recipient of the FTP surge in EQ2, anyone wanting to try the game was intensively hustled to Freeport. The Freeport server was made an even greater focus for new blood because SOE removed the trial account options that were available in the past for live servers. It was a very one-track persuit from SOE, nothing subtle about it.And how did it all go?If anything, the fact that the FTP surge did not warrant a 2nd server (SOE was not brave enough to try it), and that a server packed full of (edited) barely topped the subscription based server of Antonia Bayle, is absolute epic fail.  The Freeport server, and EQ2x, are both flops. Not even a shadow of what they should have been.

Old 12-26-2011, 03:30 AM   #110
Elomort

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Wolfmyth wrote:

Citadelli wrote:

You should actually roll a toon here and see just what a nice server it is. That above all is what makes people love it.

Just sayin'

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
Elomort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 04:38 AM   #111
Wolfmyth

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

If anything, the fact that the FTP surge did not warrant a 2nd server (SOE was not brave enough to try it), and that a server packed full of (edited) barely topped the subscription based server of Antonia Bayle, is absolute epic fail.  The  Freeport server, and EQ2x, are both flops. Not even a shadow of what they should have been.

What a load of rubbish. So it was such a big flop Sony decided to base their whole model after it. Even the devs saying what a success it was? And I'm supposed to believe what YOU wrote? Right.....

EQ2 is not a new game, you have to relize that also, however Freeport was a massive success and mostly was a really fun place to play in, and still is. FYI I used to play on AB however I could never get into it until Freeport. There's plenty of times I saw all server on low and Freeport in the red.

I do think they screwed up by trying to make all servers like Freeport while also removing MC armor/weapons and crafting rares. This made Freeport what it was, a place for people with jobs to log in for a few hours and have fun. They didn't need to worry about spending all the time harvesting and could just buy their leveling gear and play a game.

Wolfmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 06:48 AM   #112
Odys
Server: Storms
Guild: Eternitalis

Loremaster

Wolfmyth wrote:

I do think they screwed up by trying to make all servers like Freeport while also removing MC armor/weapons and crafting rares. This made Freeport what it was, a place for people with jobs to log in for a few hours and have fun. They didn't need to worry about spending all the time harvesting and could just buy their leveling gear and play a game.

I cannot agree, when people actually played the game (when i started) you were not level 80 in a day adn while exploring and leveling slowly a huge world you had much time to get your rares. You would invest on an armor that you would use days (10 or 20 levels). You would visit any instance and do most of the heritage quests.

The only peoples who were bypassing this nice trip were veterans players, after leveling 1 or 2 toon their last one was usally leveling like people today, in a rush. They had enough money to twink them and knew the game will enough to level really fast.

Today players are very different, they get to 90 in a week, join a raid which is farming, get their raiding suit instantly, hit the current raid lock get disgusted after too wipes and leave the game.

Old 12-26-2011, 04:10 PM   #113
Gaftep

Loremaster

Elomort wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Wolfmyth wrote:

Citadelli wrote:

You should actually roll a toon here and see just what a nice server it is. That above all is what makes people love it.

Just sayin'

I did...when it opened. I stand by my statement.

Old 12-26-2011, 05:03 PM   #114
bohohoboprobono

Augur

[email protected] wrote:

As it is now, what is the point of crafting?

Collosal Reactant gear, which is currently better than most accessible raid loot.

bohohoboprobono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 05:30 PM   #115
Avirodar
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

Wolfmyth wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

If anything, the fact that the FTP surge did not warrant a 2nd server (SOE was not brave enough to try it), and that a server packed full of (edited) barely topped the subscription based server of Antonia Bayle, is absolute epic fail.  The Freeport server, and EQ2x, are both flops. Not even a shadow of what they should have been.

What a load of rubbish. So it was such a big flop Sony decided to base their whole model after it. Even the devs saying what a success it was? And I'm supposed to believe what YOU wrote? Right.....

EQ2 is not a new game, you have to relize that also, however Freeport was a massive success and mostly was a really fun place to play in, and still is. FYI I used to play on AB however I could never get into it until Freeport. There's plenty of times I saw all server on low and Freeport in the red.

Yes, such a huge flop that SOE went against their word of keeping EQ2x seperate to the Legacy/Live servers. SOE realised that the existing playerbase was their best chance to gouge money, and that the FTP uptake of EQ2 was a failed persuit due to less than 10% of them engaging in MarketPlace purchases (figures provided by SOE Devs).Server load is also relative to server hardware. AB has the best hardware of all servers, and still does. Freeport had, for quite some time, rather "bleh" hardware. So while Freeport may have had enough freeloaders to make a server load indicator turn red,  SOE devs have said that only about 10% of them will ever buy anything off the cash shop. This means the REAL population of Freeport is not even 10% of what server loads indicate, which means the Freeport server counts for as much as the Bazaar did.As I said, EQ2x was an absolutely pathetic, dismal failure. Compared to other games introducing FTP, this was nothing short of a flop, especially when you factor in how much exclusive focus SOE put upon it.Also, you do not play a game via purchasing your progression with your credit card. I am absolutely fascinated by your warped mentality that the game is only fun if you have pulled out your credit card to bypass participation of game content. You are not PLAYing the game when you do this, you are PAYing to skip the game. I hope you're seriously not trying to claim that harvesting and tradeskilling is not playing the game?

Old 12-27-2011, 01:50 AM   #116
Michayla
Server: Najena
Guild: Valhallas Guard

Loremaster

Wolfmyth wrote:

Excuse you, but I am employed full-time as a veterinary technician. I also do pet sitting and at-home medication administration on the side to earn a little extra, under-the-table income, and I still find the time to harvest my own rares, or farm the plat to buy them.

So tell me, Mr. I-Have-A-Job-Just-Like-A-Lot-Of-Other-People, what's your real excuse? Because I can tell you, coming from someone who is ALSO employed, the whole "I have a job" argument doesn't cut it, ESPECIALLY after the devs have totally transformed the game to cater to people with jobs/families/real life.

Michayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:41 AM   #117
bks6721

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Wolfmyth wrote:

Citadelli wrote:

Just saying.

Exactly that.The "Freeport Server" was the sole recipient of the FTP surge in EQ2, anyone wanting to try the game was intensively hustled to Freeport. The Freeport server was made an even greater focus for new blood because SOE removed the trial account options that were available in the past for live servers. It was a very one-track persuit from SOE, nothing subtle about it.And how did it all go?If anything, the fact that the FTP surge did not warrant a 2nd server (SOE was not brave enough to try it), and that a server packed full of (edited) barely topped the subscription based server of Antonia Bayle, is absolute epic fail.  The Freeport server, and EQ2x, are both flops. Not even a shadow of what they should have been.

how did it go?   Hmm it's 1:30am here on a Monday night and we are still under a heavy load.  Should i zone to NH 1,2,3 or maybe Great Divide 1 or 2..    

There was no need for a 2nd server because they knew all along the would be converting all live servers to F2P.  Most players where just to dumb to see it coming.

bks6721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:56 AM   #118
Peogia

Loremaster

Senvares wrote:

It would be cool if we could buy a potion from SC store that when used put our crafting level instantly to 90

Old 12-27-2011, 08:03 AM   #119
Banedon_Toran

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

how did it go?   Hmm it's 1:30am here on a Monday night and we are still under a heavy load.  Should i zone to NH 1,2,3 or maybe Great Divide 1 or 2..    

There was no need for a 2nd server because they knew all along the would be converting all live servers to F2P.  Most players where just to dumb to see it coming.

Freeport runs on ex-Vanguard server hardware and is actually designed to cope with higher populations and more instances than what the 'regular' servers would cope with.  At it's peak before (SOE was hacked) you'd have 6+ instances of Frostfang Sea and 3+ instances of Great Divide, which is amazing if you believe certain people on these forums who seem to think that nobody on Freeport server would have DoV access because they are all "freeloaders".

As regards the original topic of conversation, the "leveler armor" isn't needed on the store.  Crafters will usually be happy to make any item as long as you have the materials and fuels required for nothing more than a "tip", this I have found on AB, Freeport and Splitpaw servers so I would be surprised if it is different elsewhere.

With regards to getting rares, if you complete the Halas tradeskill quest line, or complete Quo's quest and spend time harvesting you will get a number of rares and can via either buy/sell or exchange swap these for the ones you really want.

I know this may shock some people, but harvesting is actually part of the game, which pretty much nullifies any argument about having limited time to play the game.  If you just want to grind dungeons all day I suspect that EverQuest II isn't the game for you.  No other MMO has such a large diversity in things you can do, tradeskills, harvesting, decorating, collecting... these are all integral parts of the game.

Banedon_Toran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:42 AM   #120
Griffildur

Loremaster

Peogia wrote:

Senvares wrote:

It would be cool if we could buy a potion from SC store that when used put our crafting level instantly to 90

It would be even cooler if you'd realise just what idiocies you keep posting. You want something ? Here's some news flash for you, go play the game and get it ...