EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > Station Cash
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #1
Jovie
Server: Guk

Can't decide...
Jovie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 880
Default

Any chance we can see some of the items for sale be entered into game either as quest rewards or rare drops?

There are plenty of us who just don't have the cash to blow on stuff like this, but we do like the fluf items of the world.

Please and thank you.

Jovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:28 PM   #2
Kordran

Loremaster
Kordran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,484
Default

That would pretty much defeat the purpose of Station Cash, wouldn't it? You have the cash, they want some of it. At least they've resisted on putting in items that would fundamentally alter game balance and, aside from a few potions, are all fluff items.

__________________
Kordran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:31 PM   #3
Guy De Alsace

Loremaster
Guy De Alsace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: England
Posts: 1,902
Default

Some of the armour bits use the same graphic as items on SC. Unfortunately the big drawback to both LoN and SC is that many items that appear on there will never appear in the game (as loot/quest rewards etc). All that art wasted...real shame.

Guy De Alsace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:34 PM   #4
Spyderbite
Server: Venekor
Guild: Dark Vengeance
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Spyderbite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,262
Default

Guy De Alsace wrote:

All that art wasted...real shame.

Why wasted? I suspect its paid for itself 1000x faster than the small percentage of subscriptions that go towards the other artwork.

Spyderbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:35 PM   #5
Jovie
Server: Guk

Can't decide...
Jovie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 880
Default

well one of my concerns the last time i left the sony ship was the fact that fluf stuff would disappear or dry up for the most part. I wasn't ever really concerned about game affecting stuff being introduced.

I and many others like me dig the fluff stuff.

But with the dow as low as it is and the unemployment in michigan hitting an all time high, i sure as hell am not going to waste extra money besides the subscription.

So, as i said, can you please make them possible to get via non cash methods, even if it is either ultra rare drop or a really really long quest.

Please and thank you again.

Jovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:39 PM   #6
Guy De Alsace

Loremaster
Guy De Alsace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: England
Posts: 1,902
Default

Wasted as in u wont see loot with the same art in the game. After so long putting up with the one universal model for chain helms (condom hat) it would be nice to see some variety without everyone having to pay for it.

Guy De Alsace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:46 PM   #7
Spyderbite
Server: Venekor
Guild: Dark Vengeance
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Spyderbite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,262
Default

[email protected] wrote:

So, as i said, can you please make them possible to get via non cash methods, even if it is either ultra rare drop or a really really long quest.

While I realize that times are tough for many people. Many others aren't suffering as badly as others. Offering them via a non-payment would all but cease future purchases of those items. Which defeats the purpose of the sales all together. You're asking them to sell exclusively to the truly lazy audience. Which is probably a pretty small minority.

Besides.. how do they compensate the people who have already purchased said items now that they're available for free? I personally dropped around $200 on a few outfits and potions which I certainly would have quested for instead if it were an option. How do I get compensated for my purchases now that they are offered for free?

Spyderbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:47 PM   #8
Spyderbite
Server: Venekor
Guild: Dark Vengeance
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Spyderbite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,262
Default

Guy De Alsace wrote:

Wasted as in u wont see loot with the same art in the game. After so long putting up with the one universal model for chain helms (condom hat) it would be nice to see some variety without everyone having to pay for it.

If everyone paid for it, then it would be the same art seen all over the game wouldn't it? And, vice versa.

Spyderbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:51 PM   #9
Zorastiz
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Dressed To Kill
Rank: Prince of Darkness

Loremaster
Zorastiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 955
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

So, as i said, can you please make them possible to get via non cash methods, even if it is either ultra rare drop or a really really long quest.

While I realize that times are tough for many people. Many others aren't suffering as badly as others. Offering them via a non-payment would all but cease future purchases of those items. Which defeats the purpose of the sales all together. You're asking them to sell exclusively to the truly lazy audience. Which is probably a pretty small minority.

Besides.. how do they compensate the people who have already purchased said items now that they're available for free? I personally dropped around $200 on a few outfits and potions which I certainly would have quested for instead if it were an option. How do I get compensated for my purchases now that they are offered for free?

And Spyder completely alienates yet another person on the forum with his arrogance and his condescending manner.

Not everyone can spend $200.00 RL dollars on SC Spy, glad yer well off rub it in a little more, and I think you called the guy lazy too.

Way to go dude, you never cease to amaze me.

__________________


Zorastiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:55 PM   #10
Gaige

Loremaster
Gaige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,500
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

And Spyder completely alienates yet another person on the forum with his arrogance and his condescending manner.

Not everyone can spend $200.00 RL dollars on SC Spy, glad yer well off rub it in a little more, and I think you called the guy lazy too.

Way to go dude, you never cease to amaze me.

Allakhazam only employs the best!

__________________
Gaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:59 PM   #11
Guy De Alsace

Loremaster
Guy De Alsace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: England
Posts: 1,902
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Guy De Alsace wrote:

Wasted as in u wont see loot with the same art in the game. After so long putting up with the one universal model for chain helms (condom hat) it would be nice to see some variety without everyone having to pay for it.

If everyone paid for it, then it would be the same art seen all over the game wouldn't it? And, vice versa.

sigh /facepalm, I give up....

Guy De Alsace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:05 PM   #12
Armawk
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Nos Es Rutilus
Rank: Tirones

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,240
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Guy De Alsace wrote:

Wasted as in u wont see loot with the same art in the game. After so long putting up with the one universal model for chain helms (condom hat) it would be nice to see some variety without everyone having to pay for it.

If everyone paid for it, then it would be the same art seen all over the game wouldn't it? And, vice versa.

Dont be any sillier than you have to. People would like to see awesome new helmet models, for example, used for a new expansions rewards (which they PAY FOR) but we get almost wholly the same old chain/leather/cloth caps that everyone has hated since the original launch.. Suggesting that putting fresh new art in the mainstream parts of the game would instantly make them stale and old is ridiculous. It would make the mainstream art of the game more interesting and vibrant is what it would do. (I actually find it shocking that ANY drops and rewards in the TSO zones are based on the oldest art. Its been too damned long for that. And you know, someone cant even be bothered to add new variants of the treasure chest dropped armour in TSO, I keep dropping kunark sets of skyfire etc in TSO zones. Not even new names let alone new art. Plenty of time for whole new meshes for extra cash and loN though eh?)

I love this idea that paying for the game/packs and a monthly subscription is some kind of 'freeloader' option. It isnt, its a lot of money in fact. Playing EQ2 is a relatively expensive gaming choice, one we choose to make, but Ill be damned if I will see myself as a second class citizen for a monthly fee so that you can stroke your ego about how much you spent.

I cheerfully spend money on the playstation store, because PSN is free. EQ2 costs money, I dont spend money in the EQ2 store. Get it? Sell me the game and sell extras or sell me the game and charge a subscription. Ya cant have it all ways.

Armawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:10 PM   #13
Spyderbite
Server: Venekor
Guild: Dark Vengeance
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Spyderbite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,262
Default

shaunfletcher wrote:

Dont be any sillier than you have to.

Ok.. then this stuff must be a figment of my silly imagination. SMILEY

Spyderbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:13 PM   #14
Spyderbite
Server: Venekor
Guild: Dark Vengeance
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Spyderbite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,262
Default

shaunfletcher wrote:

I cheerfully spend money on the playstation store, because PSN is free. EQ2 costs money, I dont spend money in the EQ2 store. Get it? Sell me the game and sell extras or sell me the game and charge a subscription. Ya cant have it all ways.

Ahhhh.. if that is the argument. Well in that case, this thread needs to be locked. I was under the impression that this thread was about introducing SC items for free in to the game.

Not whether SC is right or wrong in general. There is already a thread here for feedback.

Spyderbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:23 PM   #15
Armawk
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Nos Es Rutilus
Rank: Tirones

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,240
Default

[email protected] wrote:

shaunfletcher wrote:

I cheerfully spend money on the playstation store, because PSN is free. EQ2 costs money, I dont spend money in the EQ2 store. Get it? Sell me the game and sell extras or sell me the game and charge a subscription. Ya cant have it all ways.

Ahhhh.. if that is the argument. Well in that case, this thread needs to be locked. I was under the impression that this thread was about introducing SC items for free in to the game.

Not whether SC is right or wrong in general. There is already a thread here for feedback.

No, my post was a response  to your comment HERE that "If everyone paid for it, then it would be the same art seen all over the game wouldn't it?" I mean yes, of course it would be the case that putting something all over the game would mean it being all over the game.. Im not sure what information you intended to convey with that though, apart from the odd impression that making something available to the peons makes it dull.

And yes, there are some new bits trickled into the main game here and there (void armour and special event stuff for the most part). recently it seems mostly shoulder pads for some reason but its still a good thing. However the vast bulk of gear received as rewards and drops is not at all new in art terms, Im sure you would accept that.

Armawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:40 PM   #16
Vain

Lord
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 190
Default

Spyderbite's employers need to put a tighter leash on him.

Vain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:58 PM   #17
Tuppen

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 394
Default

I think Station Cash would sell a lot more stuff and, most likely, make more profit overall if they simply halved the prices on most items.

And before someone who has already spent money on items at the current price whines--I think that they should give you Station Cash "credit" for items previously purchased so that you don't feel "cheated" for having spent $200 that would have been better saved in case you lose your job in the recession.

There's no way I would spend 5 dollars on a helm that I will get bored with in a month...$2.00? 

Probably.

Tuppen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:22 PM   #18
Oh

General
Oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,516
Default

[email protected] DLere wrote:

I think Station Cash would sell a lot more stuff and, most likely, make more profit overall if they simply halved the prices on most items.

/agree, although I am so cheap it still wouldn't change my mind on buying stuff (yes I can easly afford to buy stuff that's not the point)

Back more to this thread. Would I like to see more fluff stuff added to the game? yes. I also do think that it is a good model for SoE to folow thou that "some" of the fluff is only available via LoN and SC. You might not like it but it does make good sense. Basically it gives an incentive for folks that want it to get it via their alternate revenu streams.

__________________
Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:25 PM   #19
Eveningsong

Tester
Eveningsong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 3,844
Default

Why?  He's not posting on their behalf.  He has as much right to post as anyone else does.  If he exceeds the forum code of conduct, report his posts.  But there's nothing wrong with having another point of view.

Personally, I had concerns that all the new and cool items would go to SC, but that hasn't happened (yet).  I've been very happy with the number of new and interesting items/graphics being added through quests and live events lately.  And as a decorating addict, I make sure I have multiples of every one!  I have only spent a minimal amount of SC so far, but mostly that's because there hasn't been anything that I actually wanted.  I bought the bear cub to support Child's Play and have a small balance left that I'll spend when something catches my eye that I can't live without.  There is always going to be content that not everyone can have.  There are rewards from live events that happened during the time I took a break away from EQ2 that I would love to have, but those are unique rewards and are no longer available.  I'm ok with that -- it makes the items that are in game all the more interesting and makes me happy when I am able to get something that I know may not be offered again.

Eveningsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:35 PM   #20
liveja

General
liveja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends
Posts: 4,793
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

So, as i said, can you please make them possible to get via non cash methods, even if it is either ultra rare drop or a really really long quest.

While I realize that times are tough for many people. Many others aren't suffering as badly as others. Offering them via a non-payment would all but cease future purchases of those items. Which defeats the purpose of the sales all together. You're asking them to sell exclusively to the truly lazy audience. Which is probably a pretty small minority.

Besides.. how do they compensate the people who have already purchased said items now that they're available for free? I personally dropped around $200 on a few outfits and potions which I certainly would have quested for instead if it were an option. How do I get compensated for my purchases now that they are offered for free?

And Spyder completely alienates yet another person on the forum with his arrogance and his condescending manner.

Not everyone can spend $200.00 RL dollars on SC Spy, glad yer well off rub it in a little more, and I think you called the guy lazy too..

Whether Spyder is arrogant or condescending or what-have-you is beside the point. Everything he posted is probably true.

Beyond that, he didn't call anyone "lazy" -- he said that if stuff currently available in the SC Marketplace was also available in-game, then the only people who would buy from the Marketplace would be the truly lazy. You know -- the same people who buy plats, because they're too lazy to go out & earn it themselves. That may or may not be true, but it's not at all the same as him calling someone "lazy."

Relevant text bolded, colored, & supersized for convenience.

__________________
liveja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:58 PM   #21
Zorastiz
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Dressed To Kill
Rank: Prince of Darkness

Loremaster
Zorastiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 955
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

So, as i said, can you please make them possible to get via non cash methods, even if it is either ultra rare drop or a really really long quest.

While I realize that times are tough for many people. Many others aren't suffering as badly as others. Offering them via a non-payment would all but cease future purchases of those items. Which defeats the purpose of the sales all together. You're asking them to sell exclusively to the truly lazy audience. Which is probably a pretty small minority.

Besides.. how do they compensate the people who have already purchased said items now that they're available for free? I personally dropped around $200 on a few outfits and potions which I certainly would have quested for instead if it were an option. How do I get compensated for my purchases now that they are offered for free?

And Spyder completely alienates yet another person on the forum with his arrogance and his condescending manner.

Not everyone can spend $200.00 RL dollars on SC Spy, glad yer well off rub it in a little more, and I think you called the guy lazy too..

Whether Spyder is arrogant or condescending or what-have-you is beside the point. Everything he posted is probably true.

Beyond that, he didn't call anyone "lazy" -- he said that if stuff currently available in the SC Marketplace was also available in-game, then the only people who would buy from the Marketplace would be the truly lazy. You know -- the same people who buy plats, because they're too lazy to go out & earn it themselves. That may or may not be true, but it's not at all the same as him calling someone "lazy."

Relevant text bolded, colored, & supersized for convenience.

Don't take it personally when I hate on Spyder he deserves it based on how he treats people on these forums. And thanks I have plenty of conveniences in my life I don't need your help.

__________________


Zorastiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:07 PM   #22
Zarador

Loremaster
Zarador's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,194
Default

[email protected] DLere wrote:

I think Station Cash would sell a lot more stuff and, most likely, make more profit overall if they simply halved the prices on most items.

And before someone who has already spent money on items at the current price whines--I think that they should give you Station Cash "credit" for items previously purchased so that you don't feel "cheated" for having spent $200 that would have been better saved in case you lose your job in the recession.

There's no way I would spend 5 dollars on a helm that I will get bored with in a month...$2.00? 

Probably.

Think about what you said seriously.  Some people paid full price with no qualms for whatever SC items they purchased. Why would they then reduce the price of an item from $5.00 to $2.00 in order to lure in a few more sales while refunding $3.00 to those who already willing forked out the $5.00 for the item?

Lets say they sold 1,000 of the item in question.  That's $5,000 in gross sales.   So refund $3,000 and hope to sell 1,500 more of the item to get back up to $5,000 in sales?

Now, when the next items come out the people who were refunded either wait for the price to come down on the new items or simply avoid any more purchases. Why?  Because uncommen and rather pricy items that are now commen and cheap lack appeal to them.  Lets face it, even looking at the LoN 3rd party sites, their not buying a rare mount for $500 for the stats, many are buying it to be somewhat unique.

Zarador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:44 PM   #23
Spyderbite
Server: Venekor
Guild: Dark Vengeance
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Spyderbite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,262
Default

shaunfletcher wrote:

And yes, there are some new bits trickled into the main game here and there (void armour and special event stuff for the most part). recently it seems mostly shoulder pads for some reason but its still a good thing. However the vast bulk of gear received as rewards and drops is not at all new in art terms, Im sure you would accept that.

Absolutely. And, I'm quite content with the way it is now and look forward to new models later. I liked one of the outfits on Station Cash so I bought it for one of my characters.

What is being proposed in this thread is that after it has already been introduced for cash only and purchased by many people.. it should now be available for free. That's not right.

Future appearance items? Sure.. make them available for $10 or $20 on SC.. and then drop with the same rate as Loot Cards from LoN. I'm fine with that. $15/month equates to about 300+ hours of gameplay. $10 = about 200 hours of game play = the cost of the armor = the average amount of time or chance to loot the same item.

Spyderbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:55 PM   #24
Armawk
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Nos Es Rutilus
Rank: Tirones

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,240
Default

[email protected] wrote:

been introduced for cash only and purchased by many people.. it should now be available for free. That's not right.

You are in for a dissapointment then, because you can feel sure that in coming months those items (with minor recolours) will pop up as event items and in various in game places. They may not become standard treasured or whatever items as I would like (I would LOVE for cloth helmet drops to be one of half a dozen looks instead of almost always one of one), but they WILL come up. And no you will not get a refund. that is the absolute way of the commercial world.

Armawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:10 PM   #25
Stvengeance

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 33
Default

Some of my friends can afford big screen tv's and some can not :shrug:

Stvengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:38 AM   #26
Zarador

Loremaster
Zarador's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,194
Default

Respectfully, what gets me in so many of these arguments is the inability for many gamers to accept the game as a business model.  Everyone should have everything for the same price per month? It's a business and just how many businesses do that?

You pay $15 a month for a basic plan, you get basic.  Want add in's like LoN or SC, they cost you extra money. Indirectly though, those addional revenues help maintain a healthier bottom line that supports the "Basic" service.

Not willing to pay extra money for LoN or SC?  That means the items are not worth extra money to you or you can't afford them. If their not worth the money, then don't buy them or complain that you can't have them for free.  If you can't afford them, then be glad that the game is raising additional funding through these services instead of raising the "Basic" subscription fee which you might not be able to swing in your budget.

When you log into the game you log into a "Fantasy World".  When your account is billed for the month your paying a real business for a service they provide in a real, not virtual world.  You get what you pay for and when they add in additional revenue (Pay-Per-View) services, they cost you extra.  You can elect to not utilize those services, but that's where you choice ends and their choice takes over.

I have a choice to order the "Value Meal" at the local fast food place.  I can't order the meal and ask for all the extras explaining that they made enough profit off my purchase and I deserve more.  Now I can choose not to go there if I find the "Value Meal" does not have enough "Value" to it.  I can't however point to the guy next to me and say " I wan't the super-sized premium quadrupple bonus meal for the same price since I pay to eat here just like him".  Yes, you both paid to eat there, but he was willing/able to spend more on what he wanted and they were willing to provide more for his extra dollars.

Zarador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:48 AM   #27
Stvengeance

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 33
Default

Zarador wrote:

  If you can't afford them, then be glad that the game is raising additional funding through these services instead of raising the "Basic" subscription fee which you might not be able to swing in your budget.

This

Stvengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:15 AM   #28
Armawk
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Nos Es Rutilus
Rank: Tirones

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,240
Default

Zarador wrote:

Respectfully, what gets me in so many of these arguments is the inability for many gamers to accept the game as a business model.  Everyone should have everything for the same price per month? It's a business and just how many businesses do that?

People joined a game that offers a flat playing field based on subscription. It has been for 4 years a subscription model. It is being CHANGED in a fundamental way to a microtransaction model, but with the subscription retained (an almost unique achievement by the way, skimming people at both ends is hard). People therefore can have a legitimate objection to that change. If they joined a game that was running a combined subscription/microtransaction model then complained you would be correct.

I dont buy for a second the 'this is to avoid prices going up' argument. There is precisely zero evidence of that as reasoning. Its a long term strategy experiement, as has been stated.. part of a program of moving to what are seen as long term more profitable business models. The game makes money based on subscription only, and noone has ever said it doesnt, in fact they explicitly say it does. They would just like to make some more money.

Armawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:32 AM   #29
Nighrbringer

Loremaster
Nighrbringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 184
Default

Zarador wrote:

Respectfully, what gets me in so many of these arguments is the inability for many gamers to accept the game as a business model.  Everyone should have everything for the same price per month? It's a business and just how many businesses do that?

You pay $15 a month for a basic plan, you get basic.  Want add in's like LoN or SC, they cost you extra money. Indirectly though, those addional revenues help maintain a healthier bottom line that supports the "Basic" service.

Not willing to pay extra money for LoN or SC?  That means the items are not worth extra money to you or you can't afford them. If their not worth the money, then don't buy them or complain that you can't have them for free.  If you can't afford them, then be glad that the game is raising additional funding through these services instead of raising the "Basic" subscription fee which you might not be able to swing in your budget.

When you log into the game you log into a "Fantasy World".  When your account is billed for the month your paying a real business for a service they provide in a real, not virtual world.  You get what you pay for and when they add in additional revenue (Pay-Per-View) services, they cost you extra.  You can elect to not utilize those services, but that's where you choice ends and their choice takes over.

I have a choice to order the "Value Meal" at the local fast food place.  I can't order the meal and ask for all the extras explaining that they made enough profit off my purchase and I deserve more.  Now I can choose not to go there if I find the "Value Meal" does not have enough "Value" to it.  I can't however point to the guy next to me and say " I wan't the super-sized premium quadrupple bonus meal for the same price since I pay to eat here just like him".  Yes, you both paid to eat there, but he was willing/able to spend more on what he wanted and they were willing to provide more for his extra dollars.

The day I feel compelled to use SC to play my character or am made to feel like a second class citizen because I refuse to use this service is the day I cancell ALL of my Sony accounts. There are plenty of other games out there and I AM NOT afraid to vote with my wallet. My family and I have been perfectly happy in the past playing games by other companies and would not even blink at making the move.

Just the existence of RMT in this game, starting with LoN, already upsets me to no end.

__________________
Nighrbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:01 AM   #30
Oh

General
Oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,516
Default

[email protected] wrote:

The day I feel compelled to use SC to play my character or am made to feel like a second class citizen because I refuse to use this service is the day I cancell ALL of my Sony accounts. There are plenty of other games out there and I AM NOT afraid to vote with my wallet. My family and I have been perfectly happy in the past playing games by other companies and would not even blink at making the move.

Just the existence of RMT in this game, starting with LoN, already upsets me to no end.

Same opinion mentioned many times by many folks on these boards. I am fine with them offering fluff, it's just if (or as some folks would say when) that changes then well guess what it changes and there will be a reaction. Odds are the reaction won't be positive but hey who am I, just one account.. ONE could even say once they introduced SC there was a reaction as "some"(I assume since i have no real numbers to say really) took that as an action and choose to leave. Heck any action has a reaction, kind of common sense i would think.

__________________
Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:58 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.