EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > Station Cash
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-10-2008, 01:37 PM   #91
789mkii

Loremaster

It might be good to propose the strategy of the financing to us.I want SOE to think a little more about.

789mkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:43 PM   #92
Finbar

Lord

BUY your own n00blet.

Finbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:54 PM   #93
Eldooberino
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Guardian Angels

Guardian

[email protected] wrote:

Can I have your suff? :o

These are the kinds of people that will be left here after the rest of us are gone...people who don't even want to work for what they get - just get it the easiest way possible, as long as you can have it. Well, you CAN have it...if you get SOE to GIVE it to you...because I'm sure unless you buy it or get it the easy way, You'll never have it.

Cancelled Account X2 Yesterday - no way I'm paying to play and having an Item Mall to boot...

Old 12-10-2008, 02:50 PM   #94
Doggi

Loremaster

lol "these kinds of people" I play this game since launch, heck I even played EQ1 and every single item I got was hard work! I leveled all of my characters of my own, harvested every rare for spells and armor or killed mobs for loot. I go to raids and actually DO work for the items I get. You have no idea and claim that I just want it the easy way? lol you shouldn't judge other people because of a sarcastic statement. But well... these are the people that are overreacting... guess... it's good not to see ya again? But this kinda gets offtopic and offending...

Old 12-10-2008, 03:53 PM   #95
Kigneer

Loremaster

[email protected] DLere wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

These are the kinds of people that will be left here after the rest of us are gone...people who don't even want to work for what they get - just get it the easiest way possible, as long as you can have it. Well, you CAN have it...if you get SOE to GIVE it to you...because I'm sure unless you buy it or get it the easy way, You'll never have it.

Cancelled Account X2 Yesterday - no way I'm paying to play and having an Item Mall to boot...

Have about 900 rares, plus 24 plat on my character. Hope these "can I have your suff?" (Suff???) types can just weep at all that "lewtz" going nowhere, but down the drain.

Better wasted that way than freeloaders gaining one red cent.

The "have nots" will always point what the "haves" have.

Harmony is reached when both sides have their needs met.
Kigneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 04:51 PM   #96
Eldooberino
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Guardian Angels

Guardian

[email protected] wrote:

lol "these kinds of people" I play this game since launch, heck I even played EQ1 and every single item I got was hard work! I leveled all of my characters of my own, harvested every rare for spells and armor or killed mobs for loot. I go to raids and actually DO work for the items I get. You have no idea and claim that I just want it the easy way? lol you shouldn't judge other people because of a sarcastic statement. But well... these are the people that are overreacting... guess... it's good not to see ya again? But this kinda gets offtopic and offending...

We have a saying in my little part of USA, Kentucky - it goes "Don't poke the bear". It means you shouldn't try to antagonize someone when you know they are already provoked. So I don't mean to say that you are lazy and won't go out and do things for yourself. I was not trying to judge you, although it may have came across that way here. I can see that you HAVE earned a LOT of things on your own, and I commend you for that. I guess the joke just wasn't clear to me, as it is now. I meant no offense, and if you stay I wish you nothing but Safe Journeys and Great Rewards! I hate it that some corporate big-wig sitting in their ivory tower somewhere even gets the fun they must have watching us bicker amongst ourselves, instead of sending them countless emails, and placing the aggression where it clearly belongs.

So, in the interest of fair play and players getting along, as they usually do in this game, I apologize for that comment, since I can see where you could take it personally. I wasn't talking about you in particular, just the attitude that some players DO have.

Have Fun!!

Eldooberino

Old 12-10-2008, 06:40 PM   #97
Grumble69

Loremaster

Skunkjuice wrote:

I read this all yesterday and had to go home to see for myself before making any real judgment on this. After taking a look at it with my own eyes it's apparent that a lot of you must have nothing else do other than complain about something extremely inconsequential. You’re upset that a person can buy a pet pile of goo? Are you joking? If somebody wants to pay $10 for a suit of armor that has absolutely no stats on it then let them. The idea that the XP potions affect game play is probably the worst argument that I’ve really seen. EVERYTHING affects game play. I’m sure none of you have ever boxed before. ..right?? In that case you’re leveraging additional financial assets that you have to level a toon a LOT faster than any potion would help with. It’s not like they are selling void shards or set patterns. Even if they were to sell void shards I’ll bet they would sell thousands a day and all the people buying them would be the people complaining about it. Anybody here who also says they wouldn’t pay $25-$50 for very rare masters is lying too. Please just don’t click on the menu option if you hate this so much. Regardless of the comments in this thread there are a LOT of people that spent a LOT of money on LON. (well into the thousands) I’m sure people will do the same with the new system. If you really want to quit the game over this then you’ve wanted to quit for a long time and are just using this as an excuse.

It's not so much the current state.  It's where we're headed.  SOE definitely intends to make money above & beyond the current subscription.  I honestly doubt they'll be satisfied with the occasional $10 purchase on some potion or rinky-dink set of armor.  They put some time & energy into this.  And if folks aren't buying the current crap, they'll just inch things up with better items until they do.

Also, it's a slap in the face to crafters.  Tailors & armor crafters have been longing to make customizable items for a long time now.  They could have implemented it in a really cool way--rare drop patterns with a limited number of runs.  But no, if you want to [Removed for Content] your character in a specific way, you're likely going to have to pay real money to do it. 

I'm not quitting the game over this.  But I am keeping an eye on it.  If the day ever comes where I'm at a disadvantage for not having purchased an item, that will be the day I cancel.  (not talking xp potions here per se; more like special abilities)

Grumble69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:01 PM   #98
Leonai_art

OGR Goodness

http://www.businessweek.com/globalb...ws+%2B+analysis

http://www.variety.com/index.asp?la...yid=10&cs=1

Anyone corrolating with current times and a move like this?  It was the first thought that came to mind when I heard about this being implemented into the game.  Companies are laying off people, some of which are having numbers anywhere from 2%-7% and often that means thousands and thousands of people.  From what I've seen and heard over the last 8+ years of playing SOE games, their staff are pretty conservative as far as the amount of people hired to do the job, and they've always seemed very conscious of the people - that they are people, not just numbers. 

Quite possibly, this is something that the developers may not have really had a major decision in, and instead, is an attempt to keep the game alive instead of it having the plug pulled on it due to cost cuts and is possibly saving the jobs of the many men and women who are working on this game and others. 

Budgets are tight - companies are going to try whatever they can to stay in business.  If that means bringing in a little bit of that shiny that some companies out there have been doing - against the EULA might I add - then I'd like to support the decision.  I personally won't use it, and I know a whole HECK of a lot of people who also have no plans on using the service, however, I'd bet there are thousands out there who will, and for those people, this service will benefit them, benefit SOE, and the developers, designers, deviners, PR, and marketing teams - keeping them paid so they can continue to do what they do daily.

Sometimes when looking at 2 evils - one has to chose between them.  It may seem a bit dramatic, but with so many companies closing shop, filing bankrupcy, and laying off people as if those people were lemmings and not actual living breathing people - I can see why this "evil" was chosen.

Leonai_art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:01 PM   #99
Spyderbite
Server: Venekor
Guild: Dark Vengeance

Loremaster

[email protected] DLere wrote:

Keep in mind that many of us are not jumping off the cliff just quite yet. We're sitting by and waiting to see how this all pans out while those of you pulling the Martyr card are cancelling accounts with visions of Mythicals for Sale dancing in your heads.

Kick back.. relax.. and see where it goes. As of right now there is nothing for sale that is game breaking. Exp is already silly easy to get.. with or without potions.. 

Spyderbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:27 PM   #100
Aalilu

Loremaster

Well I feel some needs to be said about countless points made here. I will try to do this as unbiased as possible. First, let me start with this debate about smedy and the flaming going on. Did he spread falsehoods? Yes. Though probably like any corporation, his statements are prepped by both marketing and public relations. That does not make it right, but it probably isn't directly his fault. Next, everyone is crying doomsday about the items and what not. Relax. Take a deep breath and settle for a moment. I have looked through all the items and they are nothing game changing. People are complaining that new people can just log on and pass them after all the time they have put in. Think about it. The exp potions range up to 25% extra exp at most right now. The price may enable people to pop one or two but I doubt anyone is going to be chugging them anytime soon of course that is still an advantage right? But soe also offers those vet rewards. People who have played longer get higher bonuses that usually come with multiple potions of each type and have a higher bonus. Mister rich noob isn't looking that hot anymore is he? Ontop of that you usually get some nice items. And while given time they can earn it as well, you will be on better ones. Then on to the items, two sets of armor. Both have no stats so it isn't even competing with newbie crafted armor. As for a status piece, first off it looks like armor a nameless guard recruit would be wearing, nothing ornate about it. If they are trying to flaunt that they are the kind of person who not only has the money to spend on stuff like that but also needs everyone to know it to feel good about herself then that is a joke in itself. If it truly bothers you that much think about the armor you are flaunting, showing the hard work and effort you put in to get it. Stop being so insecure, you are a great person lol. And finally the pets... They are pets! Let's just give our feedback and put our foot down on what we want, not up sony's butt. If they do release game destroying things let's complain then not now. For now let's just let them know what we do not want them to see. I hope this helps people calm a bit as well as give constructive feedback instead of jumping ship because there is smoke coming from the kitchen.
Aalilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:13 PM   #101
quiarrah

Loremaster

Aalilu wrote:

Well I feel some needs to be said about countless points made here. I will try to do this as unbiased as possible. First, let me start with this debate about smedy and the flaming going on. Did he spread falsehoods? Yes. Though probably like any corporation, his statements are prepped by both marketing and public relations. That does not make it right, but it probably isn't directly his fault. Next, everyone is crying doomsday about the items and what not. Relax. Take a deep breath and settle for a moment. I have looked through all the items and they are nothing game changing. People are complaining that new people can just log on and pass them after all the time they have put in. Think about it. The exp potions range up to 25% extra exp at most right now. The price may enable people to pop one or two but I doubt anyone is going to be chugging them anytime soon of course that is still an advantage right? But soe also offers those vet rewards. People who have played longer get higher bonuses that usually come with multiple potions of each type and have a higher bonus. Mister rich noob isn't looking that hot anymore is he? Ontop of that you usually get some nice items. And while given time they can earn it as well, you will be on better ones. Then on to the items, two sets of armor. Both have no stats so it isn't even competing with newbie crafted armor. As for a status piece, first off it looks like armor a nameless guard recruit would be wearing, nothing ornate about it. If they are trying to flaunt that they are the kind of person who not only has the money to spend on stuff like that but also needs everyone to know it to feel good about herself then that is a joke in itself. If it truly bothers you that much think about the armor you are flaunting, showing the hard work and effort you put in to get it. Stop being so insecure, you are a great person lol. And finally the pets... They are pets! Let's just give our feedback and put our foot down on what we want, not up sony's butt. If they do release game destroying things let's complain then not now. For now let's just let them know what we do not want them to see. I hope this helps people calm a bit as well as give constructive feedback instead of jumping ship because there is smoke coming from the kitchen.

Hear. .Hear. . . .

Basically what I said. . . I'm glad there are still a few voices of reason in the world.  It isn't hurting the economy yet. . . so just relax.  One would hope that Sony isn't stupid enough to go the way of Lineage. . . The day I can't buy something on the broker because it costs 4 arms and 6 legs. . . THAT will be the day I tell them where to stuff it and go play WoW. . . until then? . . . maybe I'll get that little blue jelly pet and put him in a bowl on my table. . it sure does look like Blueberry Jello to me!

Old 12-10-2008, 08:30 PM   #102
Sassy

Loremaster

My issue stems from the fact that there was no announcement, and while there are FAQ's and explanations on how to use the features - there are no why's.  Be upfront and give us a tiny bit of respect SOE... then maybe I'll look at this change with some objectivity.  Right now, I feel like I'm being swindled.

IMO, the silence is damning.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:59 PM   #103
Nuhus

Loremaster

Dear Valued Player,

Based on feedback we have received from various player surveys, we are thrilled to present Station Cash™. As part of our ongoing efforts to respond to our players’ requests as we continue to evolve the EverQuest® franchise.

Station Cash is a new virtual currency from SOE that has been created to allow for the purchase of premium in-game items within EverQuest and EverQuest® II.

As a faithful subscriber we want you to be among the first to enjoy this amazing new game enhancement. With that in mind, we are funding your in-game wallet with 150SC so that you can jump right in and experience item sales now.

To get started, all you need to do is simply access the “Marketplace” from the “Main Menu” within the game. You will be able to select items to purchase or click on the “Add Funds” button to purchase more Station Cash to fund your wallet.

For more information on Station Cash (including the applicable terms and conditions) and to see a sample of items currently available for purchase, go to the Station Cash Web page at: www.station.sony.com/stationcash/.

Thank you for your continued support of the EverQuest franchise, and enjoy in-game shopping with your free Station Cash!

Sincerely,Sony Online Entertainment

----------------------------------------

The email I recieved annoyed me. I filled out the recent survey (the ONLY one since SE and PVP surveys - they had nothing to do with an option like that)

I think it's very coincidental that a cash cow came from the "surveys".

Ok, well what about the other options in those surveys that were checked. Heck, I don't really remember an option like that in the survey, maybe there was.  But they certainly jumped on the most lucritive to them.

Nuhus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:29 PM   #104
Kasar

Loremaster

Leonai_art wrote:

Anyone corrolating with current times and a move like this?

No.  Players have also been complaining about the lack of marketing this game's had since shortly after launch.

I should ANNOUNCE that I did find a retail copy of TSO at a Best Buy today.  One.  I almost bought it just for the rarity.

I'm one who fully expects this to be merely a first step towards a whole new revenue stream for them as they add more and more functional gear, rather than making those craftable or otherwise available through the existing game, they'll just be for sale.

I can understand the bean counters seeing potential, but it's just another instance of company executives not understanding their market and who their customers are.

Kasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:37 PM   #105
Uncaged

Loremaster

SkunkerAG wrote:

Uncaged wrote:

LadyGalasya wrote:

I dont understand this. This option was put live without any sort of warning, without testing. Honestly, we all know what comes of things that dont get test. Heck the stuff that DOES get tested is bad enough. SoE is GOING to loose customers over this, and likely a lot of them. People are LIVID.

Who exactly is livid? I could see if there were game unbalancing changes made. But it all looks like fluff to me. Also, even if you could purchase worth while equiptment..........SO WHAT! If it is worth it to you to gather up a Raid force and kill several hours grinding epic level zones, quest chains , etc. good for you. If some lazy bum wants to buy up his equipt and keep this game financially afloat, good for him/her. 

Honestly, that is not even the case here. If pep's want to buy up some flavor items for cold, hard, cash ....Great. I , after looking at the items , could really care less to spend my money on them. However, who exactly does it hurt to buy unique flavor items? And seriously, who is livid about it? What is to test? It is all fluff. Some people need to take a step back and breathe a bit. Think before you post.

The only moneygrubbing thing that would likely get me to quit was if I started seeing Pepsi banners in Qeynos or something. Other then that , let the game live on however SOE can get it payed for.

I am.  

Why am I not playing some "mmo-free-to-play" game? 

Buying ingame items like usefull armor & weapons for money is the last thing that i need in a mmorpg, and reason for me and nearly my whole guild to quit. .. yes I asked them.

I guess I know SOE enough to say that these XP potions and AXP potions ..may be only the beginning. Better think before  programming stuff in, from which they know that a lot of people will be upset.

Or what do you think was the reason for SOE that they did not anounce it? 

Uncaged wrote:

Another benefit to this direction of selling is to trivialize the plat farmers and sellers. If there are items in game that can only be accessed by paying SOE directly, then they have out foxed the plat farmers at last. I say cheers, good move SOE. Now add some equiptment I can use.

no comment.

The single most unbalancing thing in an MMO and Rich get richer problem with them is Plat sellers! Period , end of story. Some of the people complaining on here are the very ones whose guild runs people through there mythical for plat. Do none of you see the problem with this?

SOE ,and quite frankely any MMO company, has very few options to combat Plat farmers/sellers. They made some items no trade/no value but still as I say people in game are willing to level you, get items for you , etc. for plat. This route is pretty much the only final answer to killing plat sellers. Mitigating them at least. If none of you can honestly look at this that way then I guess the plat sellers will rage on forever ruining our beloved MMO's. Plat selling is the real evil here.

I know there are folks who think SOE is just a greedy lot of business types. Perhaps they are, perhaps they are all not. Simple fact is have any of you see the light of day or read a news headline in years? That is indeed what businesses are in business for. SOE has shareholders as most any company. They have been getting screwed by plat sellers stealing there intellectual property in game for years. Now that they are beginning to test ways to combat it you all cry foul. It seems to me that you complainers to a large degree are the ones who are not seeking fairness. If someone stole thousands of dollars of your property over the years you would do your best to recover it / stop the theft too.

BTW, I am no fanboi. Nor am I a SOE employee. They do plenty of changes in game that [Removed for Content] my off. However, nothing that would send me to WoW or AoC , Vanguard etc. There are things about those games I find even worse. Relax people and think beyond your limited trepidations. Look at the bigger picture here.

Old 12-10-2008, 11:26 PM   #106
quiarrah

Loremaster

"A long time ago in a galaxy far far away there was a Game called Lineage. It was a really neat game with cute little clothes and cute little dances and cute little elves and cute little . ,. ,things.

Then one day the Bots and gold sellers invaded the game. . .the economy skyrocketed making it impossible for anyone to be able to afford to buy even the simplest thing.

There were fields of gold to be had but no one could pick up enough to even afford a days worth of bread.

Lineage has now been swallowed up by their own greed"

. . .DO NOT let the Greed monsters swallow up Norrath

Old 12-11-2008, 02:46 PM   #107
VericSauvari

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

No but he can sell it to you for station cash.

Oh and can I see this survey that apparently was given out that SOE gathered all this feedback stating a demand for RMT?

(boycott pay-2-pwn (RMT) !
VericSauvari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:50 PM   #108
Yohann
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Severed Alliance

Loremaster

I will probably never see an answer for this question but anyway

Mr Smedly,

Why have you lied to the people that help make you money? Are you a freaking [Removed for Content]? Why was this not announced prior? Are you literally trying to screw yourself and SoE out of money? Yes you will have some people buy your items, most likely snot nosed tweens that can't hack playing a game without cheating or having even the slightest advantage.

Furthermore, you're word now means nothing to most of your subscribers and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if you're quarterly doesn't bottom out and you get canned. Also the nerve of you sneaking in this change is in insult to every person playing these games, what did you expect to happen? people would like it and not say a word to you? D'uh why don't you and your team try something. I know it will be new and scarry at time but try the following technech when dealing with the thousands of people PAYING you money to play a game. Here it is are you ready......LISTEN TO YOUR COSTOMERS. There was a phrase that most companies use to abid by and it rang true then and even truer now. The costomer is always right, learn it, memorize it, and start freaking using it or you will ruin your namesake games just like you did SWG.

yours truely and soon to be giving some other company my money

ps yes I will probably be banned for this, yes I'll probably get flamed by the snot nosed tweens, and yes I truely dont give a hairy rats behind if i do because that will just prove my point even more that SoE is so corrupt and dishonest it truely doesn't care about it's costomers. 

Yohann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:33 PM   #109
TSR-DanielH

Customer Service

Greetings everyone,

I realize that everyone has their opinions about Station Cash and I want to encourage you to express them.  That said, this forum is for technical assistance and I can't guarantee that the posts in here will be read by the Devs.  I have been informed by our management that the Developers WILL be reading the following thread that was created specifically for Station Cash feedback:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=438341

If you are looking to have your opinion heard then that is the ideal thread to express it in. I'll still be reading threads in this forum but keep in mind that I am here for technical issues and don't have the ability to make policy changes.

Thanks

Technical Support Representative

Sony Online Entertainment
TSR-DanielH is offline   Reply With Quote