EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Quests and Live Events
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-31-2011, 02:51 PM   #1
Carryne

Loremaster

Did the solo primal velium shard quest make it into GU60.  It was the only thing in this update that I was looking forward to as a solo/small group player but I didn't see it in the update notes.  It seems that this update was for heroic/raid/PVP only.

Carryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:29 PM   #2
Gninja

The Dev Gnome

A solo shard quest is included in GU60 you can find a Coldain dwarf in Thurgadin Harbor by the name of Bas that can point you in the right direction. He does require you to gain some faction with Thurgadin before he will let you help him.

Gninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:13 PM   #3
Carryne

Loremaster

Thanks very much !!

Carryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:21 PM   #4
Cusashorn

Loremaster

I thought these were suppose to be solo QUESTS, not solo MISSIONS. I liked doing the solo mark quest in Sentinel's Fate because the quests were actually QUESTS- that I could choose to not accept the XP from upon completion if I wanted to or not...

Looks like I'm gonna be stuck gathering shards from the treasure chests of instances still.

Cusashorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:37 PM   #5
Anestacia

Loremaster

Cusashorn wrote:

I thought these were suppose to be solo QUESTS, not solo MISSIONS. I liked doing the solo mark quest in Sentinel's Fate because the quests were actually QUESTS- that I could choose to not accept the XP from upon completion if I wanted to or not...

Looks like I'm gonna be stuck gathering shards from the treasure chests of instances still.

Here we go again.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:46 PM   #6
PotatoeGuru

Loremaster

I realize someone put effort into this, but frankly the quest has zero fun factor to me and a HUGE disappoitment for me after the SF solo ones.

While those were a timesinks as well (and I'm sure there are those who dislike them as much as I dislike these) , but at least it didn't involve standing around waiting for mobs to path away from us so we could run to another area .... to stand around waiting for mobs to path away from us.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:50 PM   #7
Gninja

The Dev Gnome

Noone says you can't just go into the zone guns a blazing and get your shard and be done. You can just get addition rewards if you want to take your time and dodge mobs etc. As long as you finish the quest you get teh shard no matter what.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:51 PM   #8
Gninja

The Dev Gnome

Cusashorn wrote:

Why would you want to turn exp off on these, out of curiosity?

Old 05-31-2011, 09:55 PM   #9
Ahlana

Loremaster

Gninja wrote:

Cusashorn wrote:

Don't ask Gninja... ... easier to search Cusa's other thread than to bring it up agian lol

And to add

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=496252

There you go.. the answer

Old 05-31-2011, 10:22 PM   #10
Anestacia

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I realize someone put effort into this, but frankly the quest has zero fun factor to me and a HUGE disappoitment for me after the SF solo ones.

While those were a timesinks as well (and I'm sure there are those who dislike them as much as I dislike these) , but at least it didn't involve standing around waiting for mobs to path away from us so we could run to another area .... to stand around waiting for mobs to path away from us.

I ran it tonight and I have to admit I like the way it was done alot.  The SF one was so utterly boring to me and it was the same exact quest every single day.   I will most likely rush the zone and not care about the 50g or cloudy shard but I am glad the option is there.  The Velium shard is the real prize to me anyway.  I like that the quest will be different every 3 days or so and i love that its an instance.  I hated fighting others for contested spawns out in Toxxulia Forest.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:28 PM   #11
Cusashorn

Loremaster

Gninja wrote:

Cusashorn wrote:

Simply put, I like to restrict myself when leveling up. If I just reach level 90/300, then what left is there to do? Any quest I would complete, it's XP would go to waste, which is why I prefer to challenge myself to get to 300 only by quest XP, Discovery XP, Collections, Named Mobs, and Treasures. I turn off combat XP, I turn off quest XP for any repeatable quest after the first time I've completed it, and... well.. I don't enjoy having mission XP FORCED upon me. I'm not given any choice in the matter of accepting it, which I don't like. If I could turn it off, I wouldn't have any issues with doing missions.

I don't think it's anything unreasonable to ask for the ability to turn off mission XP. All you developers have to do is say whether it's possible or not. If it's not a feature you can look into and actually change, then just say so, and I'll stop asking and just accept the missions as they are.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:22 AM   #12
Loendar

Loremaster

By the by - am I missing a repeatable Thurgadin quest somewhere?

It says I need 10k faction to do this quest and I've done (I believe) all the standard Thurg quests (and one Ascent instance) and sit at 9700 faction.

Do I have to actually do instances to get high enough faction to do a solo shard quest?  It seems a little silly to me.  If I had a consistent instance group I wouldn't NEED to do the solo shard quest.

So, I'm assuming I am missing something.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:32 AM   #13
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

[email protected] wrote:

It says I need 10k faction to do this quest and I've done (I believe) all the standard Thurg quests (and one Ascent instance) and sit at 9700 faction.

Do I have to actually do instances to get high enough faction to do a solo shard quest?  It seems a little silly to me.  If I had a consistent instance group I wouldn't NEED to do the solo shard quest.

I'm not sure, I thought the normal coldain quests were enough for 10k but I admit I haven't re-run the Thurgadin line since beta. SMILEY

There's a guy on the docks that you can sell your Cloudy Velium Jewels to for +500 each, so one of those would get you the 10k you need. He's near the faction merchants.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:39 AM   #14
Loendar

Loremaster

Ah - I haven't gotten up to using those for Thurg faction yet.  That might do it.

Thanks.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:02 AM   #15
Barx
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Mayhem

Loremaster

Mission is perfectly appropriate for it. If someone wants to impose additional rules on the game for themselves like Cusa that's on them. I see why one would want to completely disable their XP sometimes and if you can't do that with the mission bonus then that is an issue that should be fixed but the quest being a mission is not. Something you run repeatedly for the same reward is pretty much the definition of a mission quest in EQ2.

They just need to treat mission XP like quest XP in terms of disabling it.

Barx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:15 PM   #16
Cusashorn

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Mission is perfectly appropriate for it. If someone wants to impose additional rules on the game for themselves like Cusa that's on them. I see why one would want to completely disable their XP sometimes and if you can't do that with the mission bonus then that is an issue that should be fixed but the quest being a mission is not. Something you run repeatedly for the same reward is pretty much the definition of a mission quest in EQ2.

They just need to treat mission XP like quest XP in terms of disabling it.

It's really all I'm asking for. It's my choice to turn it off, so it's not like it would affect anyone else unless they also want to turn it off. getting Achievement XP every day for doing the same quest over and over again feels like cheating to me.

Old 06-05-2011, 03:58 PM   #17
Maroger

Loremaster

Gninja wrote:

Noone says you can't just go into the zone guns a blazing and get your shard and be done. You can just get addition rewards if you want to take your time and dodge mobs etc. As long as you finish the quest you get teh shard no matter what.

I go in with all guns blazing - not worth the time to sneak around and watch pathing. I only need the shard. I got my cloudy velium jewels with the PQ and have ally faction with all of the groupd and 300 AA. ALl guns blazing makes it go quicker.

Personally I still think the first shard quest in Lavasstorm was the best of all - only about 10 minutes to do and you were done. After all the shard is what most players are after -- so it should be done as quick as possible.

Maroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:04 PM   #18
Wurm

Loremaster

Plenty of things to do if you are maxed out Cusa.

I stopped worrying about it ages ago since I only play one toon.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:48 AM   #19
Zabjade

Loremaster

I know I still have problems getting by the guards on the cul de sac rooms...I tried Hugging the wall, no-joy and they see through invis...I'm hopefully mising something. (Know about the horn to get the fianl two guards to move)

Old 06-06-2011, 10:54 AM   #20
Rainmare
Server: Oasis
Guild: Pillage

Loremaster

knocking over a spear in the bar moves two of them, and moving the coldain spirits to blow up the forge moves the other two. I have to jump up on the 'ledge' on the wall and they don't aggro on me.

Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:04 PM   #21
jrt66

Lord

Cyliena wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I'm not sure, I thought the normal coldain quests were enough for 10k but I admit I haven't re-run the Thurgadin line since beta.

There's a guy on the docks that you can sell your Cloudy Velium Jewels to for +500 each, so one of those would get you the 10k you need. He's near the faction merchants.

I'm afraid I may be missing something as well.  I've done all the quests that I can find as well and I'm at 9400.  I haven't done any instances or PQ's, so no jewels to sell.  It would appear that you can't solo your way to enough faction for the solo quest.

jrt66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:25 PM   #22
Meirril

Loremaster

jrt66 wrote:

Cyliena wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I'm not sure, I thought the normal coldain quests were enough for 10k but I admit I haven't re-run the Thurgadin line since beta.

I'm afraid I may be missing something as well.  I've done all the quests that I can find as well and I'm at 9400.  I haven't done any instances or PQ's, so no jewels to sell.  It would appear that you can't solo your way to enough faction for the solo quest.

One or two PQs and you'll have enough gems to get the faction.

Meirril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:14 PM   #23
Cusashorn

Loremaster

jrt66 wrote:

Cyliena wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

No, you can't. PQ gems are a required part to getting enough faction.

Old 06-07-2011, 04:13 AM   #24
SOE-MOD-02

Community Moderator

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=49996...post_id=5565672 Please remember that we all play this game for different reasons. Be respectful to each other please SMILEY