EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chaos Descending Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-09-2018, 05:25 AM   #1
Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr

Excuse me Please:

First off, I have been quite thoroughly impressed with the willingness of Developers to directly and in some cases, immediately assist players during the Beta, and even their responsiveness in the forums on non-Beta subjects.

Quite encouraging to me actually BigGrin

I am have recently learned something of the upcoming expansion, and would hope a Developer might assist me in understanding something:

My mystic [ https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/463858803496 ] has long since been served well by the following Purple Runes, and by extension, every group they have been in has been equally served well by having the healer thus protected:

Purple adornments
Adamant Defiance (Makes caster immune to Stun effects) [Ranged]
Blinding Gleam (Makes caster immune to Fear effects) [Primary]
Reification (Dispels 120 levels of any hostile effects on target) [Secondary]

Recently replaced Purple with a Yellow:
Adamant Resolve (Makes caster immune to Stifle effects) [Waist]

Might I receive assistance in understanding the reasoning behind the removal(s) and what options are/will be available to maintain the four listed Rune protections, at the same time. I do not understand why with the CD expansion, all purple runes are going to be stripped off, and casters are only going to be left with ONE choice, their waist, for the above listed protections.

Thank you kindly Developers, for the time taken to assist me in my lack of understanding,...
Old 11-09-2018, 06:36 AM   #2
Mermut

They stated in the early beta notes that control effect adorns will only go in the waist slot.

A note on Reification: There are some fights (heroic, not just raid) where curing a det causes death, so cures that you don't have control of will be 'bad' anyway.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 04:51 PM   #3
Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr

Thank you Mermut, I was not aware you were apart of the Development/Programming team, your tag only indicates "Well-known Member." Confused
Additionally, the posed questions still remain unanswered, spokes-Kerra's response notwithstanding.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:05 PM   #4
Mermut

I passed on information given to us. I've never suggested I was more than a player.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:39 PM   #5
Redlight

Mermut was only trying to be helpful no real need to be so rude, while your waiting for a DEV reply I looked at your link are all your spells really journeyman?
Old 11-09-2018, 09:11 PM   #6
Sounson

Yeah you're done here. You don't get to be cheeky to established players like Mermut, and I don't think you get to whine about mechanics when your EQ2U profile clearly shows you don't understand the game in the first place.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:19 PM   #7
Revanu

How’s alaska? I ran out of kielex memes ...
Old 11-09-2018, 09:32 PM   #8
Holyduke

Wise you would be to listen to Mermut. Strong in the EQ2 force this one is.
Holyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 12:22 AM   #9
The Fonz

You seem to be an xpac behind, so I don’t think you will have much of any issues.
Old 11-10-2018, 02:47 AM   #10
Sounson

It's so cold and a moose ate the last of the leaves on my tree today. Good news though: I'm starting to settle into my new job a tad and raid again (weekend mornings only though).

For old times:
[IMG]
Old 11-11-2018, 05:22 AM   #11
Mercychalice

You very well will likely not get a response by a developer for such general information as this that could readily be answered by more understanding members of the community. You posted this in general discussion, where this could be answered by anyone with such knowledge, and likely could receive good information, if you know when to listen. Don't discount your peers on the forums just because they aren't developers. It's rude, and condescending to those trying to answer your questions with good, valid information. Mermut's information is good. Also, purple adornments are being completely phased out this expansion. It's to return you back to being a healer, who has to pay attention to do his job. There are other options now, that are better. Your current adornments are terrible. You need to go browsing around on wire and research other players if you wish to actually play your mystic in groups. Even if you wish to solo, upgrades would still be most helpful to you. And, upgrade your spells. They'll do you no good at such a low level.
Mercychalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:14 PM   #12
Zeddicious

You might need to slot these in too while you're at it OP:

https://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/2150713243

aITEM -2144254053 488634743:Incandescent Adornment of Elemental Resilience (Superior)/a

..might help with the heat damage from the burns.