EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chaos Descending Beta > Class Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-16-2018, 11:27 AM   #31
Dolgrin

These number is false.
Extra damage is reduced by 50% and normal damage is 1/3 of Live-Server damage according to tooltip.
Dolgrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 04:45 PM   #32
Earar

potency lowered

u cannot just compare tooltip coz u don't have the same stats
Old 10-17-2018, 04:26 AM   #33
Pheidra

Shadowknight Abilities:
Chaotic Blade: Please consider raising the max level it can dispel from 117 to 118
Zealous Smite: Please consider raising the max level it can dispel from 117 to 118
Dark Blade: Please consider having the SK 2.0 ability that removes the negatives of the offensive remove the additional 10% bleedthrough effects we would take in offensive stance re: the new bleedthrough mechanics, to keep the SK epic 2.0 ability relevant!
Old 10-20-2018, 02:00 AM   #34
Chimay

Bruiser:

Our right side of our prestige tree needs to be beefed up for DPS purposes.

Reading through this thread, what adjustments can we expect for the Bruiser? As it stands right now, we have less DPS and less defense abilities than the Monk.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:23 PM   #35
Suzze/Barshen/Baratroub

Looking over the MC Armor for Tanks.. No Mit on any of it? Not sure why or how this one got missed, But could use some Mitigation on the MC.. Preferably on the Evasion since it has Block.
Old 10-20-2018, 03:30 PM   #36
Ingerimm

@Daybreak Team ...

To 1. and 2.:
Thanks for reducing the mana required for Bulwark of Order ability to 7360, but I'm afraid that's just not enough.

Because it's not about whether the ability uses much or little mana, but manadrain mobs often has the problem that one has 0 mana and then the ability can not be used.

There is also no big tollerance window for the cast, the ability is not cast when the mob requests it, the group or the raid is dead.

And the same is true when the tank is under control effects.

You want to check if a tank is there and if it is accordingly attentive, but you do not want to check whether a tank has mana or is it under a cureable or nonecurable control effect. Or am I wrong?

The fact that a tank sometimes dies and the ability can not be cast, or gone is not even considered. But you could still live with that.

But that one wants to use the ability as a tank and is also attentive when and then you can not apply this, because of the reasons given above is just frustrating.

Neither is this meaningful nor will people accept it that way.You get the predictable trouble for no reason in the house.
Ingerimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 01:43 AM   #37
Earar

Maybe they remove mit gear and all mit will come from buffs ? I wouldn’t mind. Would make some buffs more usefull and dps classes would have a harder time getting too tankiy

And yeah what is coming on bruiser ? So few still playing we have a hard time making ourselves heard. How to differentiate us from monks ? Giving us something monks are weak on maybe ?
Old 10-21-2018, 01:48 AM   #38
Earar

Yep should be just part of our stance. And that’s it
Old 10-21-2018, 01:58 AM   #39
Mermut

The combination of the 'every heroic group must,absolutely, have a tank to have any chance of success' combined with the 'all gems are completely no-trade' is going to be brutal. Playing an alt tank so people can run a group means your main gets... nothing... It's also likely to lead to a bunch of people not being able to get any groups due to lack of an available tank Frown
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 05:41 AM   #40
Suzze/Barshen/Baratroub

Ok, Academic Plate Armor of Endurance has Mit.
Old 10-21-2018, 09:22 AM   #41
Earar

Doesn’t change from ladt year mermut
Old 10-21-2018, 08:02 PM   #42
Ingerimm

I found out in the yesterday "Heroic" testing that the Bulwark of Order ability is now castable under control effects, although this is not explicitly described in the ability.

The problem of having too little mana was also much lower, but still present as feared.

The amount of damage will still be adjusted if the ability was not cast, again it was less critical this time.
Here you just have to wait and see what the final result looks like.

The application of the ability is rather unproblematic with a little practice.

When does the mob say from the beginning on by emotes.Which one can use for acoustic trigger if you do not want to read the chat all the time. Our playing style, you have to adjust accordingly, then there is no problem.

As far as integration in buffs is concerned, which some would like or the ability to convert in a buff, this is not intended.It's not about the people sticking a tank at the end to run the inis, but that's why we have to play our tanks actively. So it's more of a kind of anti-botting function.
Ingerimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 03:39 PM   #43
Sigrdrifa

I just crafted up one of every piece of Academic MC plate, and half has mitigation, max health, and block, often two of those three. They're all on the broker, so take a look.
Old 10-22-2018, 06:30 PM   #44
Mermut

Yes, it does. There were some mobs in PoP that would do a periodic check and kill their target if it wasn't a tank. This mechanic has the mobs doing a periodic check and if the buff isn't up, it wipes the group...
The target being one-shot is significantly different then the group being one-shot. Especially since this mechanic requires the tank to notice the emote and get the art off in time. If the tank is out of power or under a control effect? Wipe.
And this is happening at the same time they're making healing in heroics a complete black box where healers have no clue what any of their heals are actually going to do because the debuff seems to deal with every single ability for every single class on a case by case basis.
The tank buff and the massive convoluted healer debuff both confuse me. The combination of the two... I just don't understand how this is supposed to make groups better, more fun or even more likely to come together. Frown
Old 10-22-2018, 06:36 PM   #45
Mathafern

Even with good ACT triggers, this is going to get old, fast.

I definitely prefer the "kill the target not the group" mechanic.
Mathafern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 07:41 PM   #46
Earar

won't change that stone are no-trade in PoP too

but patterns are tradeable; and the unlock account wide
Old 10-22-2018, 10:03 PM   #47
Sigrdrifa

I want the gems made HEIRLOOM so we can trade with alts. Some days I need to play my mystic in raid, some days conjy. I'd much rather have one pool of gems, because I have two toons needing to use 'em.
Old 10-23-2018, 08:26 AM   #48
Mermut

I'm not expecting them to make the stones tradeable, but the fact that they aren't is a problem.
Example: If raid armor works like it did last expac (we have no idea how it is going to work, I realize), you need the no-trade gems.. on the toon that made the raid kill. But if you're alting a tank so there are any heriocs for ANYBODY, your raid toon won't have the gems to get the raid armor and your tank with the gems, won't have the raid kill to unlock them either...

When the expac first comes out, we're going to need tanks for heroics anyway. This means we'll always need tanks, no matter how trivial the zone is.. no tank = no heroic run = people logging of. It just doesn't seem like a decision that is going to help the health of the game Frown
Old 10-23-2018, 12:46 PM   #49
Earar

no, you need to give the pattern to the alt that has the stones and he will get the armor and then u can buy the armor on your other toons.
Old 10-23-2018, 02:49 PM   #50
Golum

Bulwark of Order, few things...

1) This being an AoE, wonderful!
2) The ability to cast this under a control spell, wonderful!
3) The power that it takes to cast and constantly having no power, no bueno!

Folks catching the tells from the bad guys before they cast their death spell (Trident and such)? It seems to differ from zone to zone. We need to make a list and some triggers.

Please add MIT to the SIG line shield reward.

Power, we need power! Want me to mail logs?
Old 10-23-2018, 04:37 PM   #51
Mermut

At least for raid patterns, you need the kill to open the pattern. Alts w/o the kill couldn't get the armor with the pattern.
Old 10-23-2018, 04:59 PM   #52
Sigrdrifa

I hauled my mystic to the armor vendor and got, before stepping foot into a single raid, T2 and T3 armor. I was able to fill the same slots that my conjy had.
Old 10-23-2018, 05:13 PM   #53
Mermut

After you unlock the armor, yes. But with just the pattern, before you've purchased any armor, you needed the mob unlocks.
Old 10-23-2018, 06:43 PM   #54
Earar

nooo I'm telling you. U need the pattern, maybe the mob unlock stuff is account wide but you could buy first pattern through an alt that never set foot in raid

why are u so stubborn ?
Old 10-25-2018, 01:42 PM   #55
XustinuS

can some1 pls test and past logs for taunting abilities with same char, AA, items, consumables and same mob?
Since pot to fervor conversion will be done in CD and taunts dont use fervor if we can post some logs maybe/hopefully we can get some general increase on the taunting abilities b4 expac goes live...
Old 10-25-2018, 02:11 PM   #56
Vogie

Are tanks having issues with aggro on Beta? I have to say I'm a bit surprised if they are. I tanked 3 zones on my Sk last night and had zero issues holding aggro.
Old 10-25-2018, 02:43 PM   #57
Priority

Had zero issues so far. I tried NOT to tank with -68% hate gain and couldn't NOT rip. I was burning abilities on cooldown to reduce threat as well. At least for SK, agro isn't a problem. Can't speak for any other tank class.
Old 10-25-2018, 02:56 PM   #58
Revanu

There are absolutely 0 tanking issues associated with the potency to fervor conversion adjustments. Any issue whatsoever with tanking or aggro management is 100% on the side of the player and ZERO application to game mechanics and adjustments. Even in the non reformable beta gear and with negative % hate mod, tanking and control are a non issue. Much like live, and affiliated with every other class, it’s the person behind the screen and not the program on the screen.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:09 PM   #59
XustinuS

thats good to hear. hadnt a chance to go heroic zones as RL doesnt let me finish sig line...
Old 10-29-2018, 10:19 PM   #60
Rebelde

The new spell Bulwark of Order... can be a until cancelled buff? It's annoying cast it and with the powerdrain useless, you can't cast it. And it doesn't protect the tank. Can you please change that?
Thank you
Rebelde is offline   Reply With Quote