EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chaos Descending Beta > Class Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-06-2018, 07:59 AM   #91
Ashandra

Sry Arieva see it now its vaguely worded now shares ferv but the sharing % of main stats hasn’t been said at least I didn’t see it if next expac has the same mechanics as this one
Old 11-06-2018, 12:50 PM   #92
Beee

Sumoner pet fervor does NOT work correct
It's not so easy to test because i can only change fervor for 49 point without changing a lot of other stats too, but here is a comparison about an hour just primary pet with 93 Fervor and 142 Fervor.
I would expect a rise of 25 % (1+1,42 / 1+0,93) DPS output but plansewalker only does 10% more dps
Thats the problem. And it does not help to bring a 13,5 planar pet mastery fervor. It's a basic mechanic problem. Fervor is not transfered 1:1 to the pets

In my opinion the reason is caused in an old patch https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/update-notes-tuesday-may-10-2016.569840/

Maybe soneone should test this with swarmpets too, but i guess it's the same problem or even worse.

We will get CD next week and with the knowledge of some beta heroic instances a summoner output is worlds below a lot of other classes.
Beee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 01:45 PM   #93
Aiglo

I agree with Beee.
The summoner issue is much worse now on Beta than on live.
On live we parse around 40-70% of Warlocks, Beastlords, Monks and Rangers depending on fights.
And of them we see boosts now to Rangers and Beastlord abilities on Beta, what about us summoners who have waited all of PoP for a boost?
Now on Beta after the "All pet share stats buff patch" after doing heroics with the same people the issue is just worse.
We summoners have said this a long time, we even was promised some help in the balancing that was supposed to have happened summer 2018 but now when things got even worse and we see Scouts and tanks complain on that they feel low on DPS on Beta and they are already outparsing us by miles on live and on Beta we need to speak up.
Devs, we are a few summoners in Top 5 guilds that can send you parses or help with testing if you just give us the chance to help fix this so we are not behind one more expac. And I need to give a little love to Swashys also even they have Daggerstorm they are suffering hard compared to other DPS just like us summoners.
Big issue is our major class abilities isnt even working. (Long CD big impact) Planeshift and Lifeburn. We have nothing to boost, so our last thing we had was that we could boost Potency so we used Ascensions to maximize DPS, now on Chaos that is gone. 30% potency vs 20fervor at 250-350fervor isnt really anything of a boost.
Dont get me wrong, potency inflation was wild, and the spiky nature of damage was bad for the overall game eperience. So Chaos expansion is in a really good direction on dealing with that potency problem. But the classes that was far behind on class abilities fall even further behind now.
Old 11-06-2018, 01:57 PM   #94
Beee

Found another way to rise testingfervor up to 172 (forgot HBSmile ) .. this should be a dps rise by 40% of the original value

What's the result of 30 min planeswaker test: Additional small %rise so overall instead of an expected plus 40% only plus 14% when changing fervor from 93 => 172
Old 11-06-2018, 03:22 PM   #95
Fistpower

Shows you how many people play this game. One of the more iconic mage spells gets changed but doesn't work and only two guys seem to notice. Hilarous, or sad.. Dunno Tongue

Also changing it to a damage proc is awful and ruins the tiny bit of class flavor left in this game. They should have increased the damage cap instead.
Old 11-06-2018, 03:50 PM   #96
Beee

One hour later testing Aqueous Swarm VII Ancient
Fervor 93 => 172 .. the dps of the spell went up (guess how much) … plus 14 % instead of the expected 40%
same percentage as planeswalker
Old 11-06-2018, 04:55 PM   #97
Sigrdrifa

"Supposedly" being the key word here. My conjuror isn't seeing it.
Old 11-06-2018, 05:56 PM   #98
Arieva

A couple points to keep in mind on the summoner front and someone can try and correct me if they are sure I'm wrong but Ive been playing the class and kept up with this stuff for 10 years.

1- The primary pet has always supposedly shared stats fully since they made shared stats a thing. It lost some of the trasparency when they chose to remove the stat on the pet tab but no patch note to date that I recall implies they ever lowered that percentage.

2- What they did lower was swarm pet sharing in a patch that followed up the one posted above. I remember the few months it stayed at full sharing. It was a little like being a warlock in this expac i imagine..press 2-3 buttons and those were your I win buttons.

3- I havent had much of a chance to get in and test swarm pets response past seeing the mastery rune isnt working. If full main pet sharing was working and fine before and now shows same gains as swarms with increased fervor it might imply the sharing is working fine.

4- The lack of increase to pet damage as fervor increases is odd but i have seen it mentioned that above 100.. fervor increases to damage are wierd and not what youd expect. Have tou tried testing one of your own spells at the fervor changes you mentioned?

5- This is where the spreadsheet geeks need to step in but there may also be issue with scaling based purely on spell quality on swarm pets. It was widely known in PoP that upgrading swarms to an ancient level showed very little gain compared to other Ancients. Being too cheap to ancient out much i cant attest personally to much as far as how much damage gain your average ancient spell contributes over grandmaster in actual combat. If swarms are for one reason or another below the norm it should be addressed..specially with new spell tiers

6- some transparancy on the pet page would be greatly appreciated if full stat sharing is the goal (and i think most the summoner community agrees it is the preferred solution)
Arieva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 07:09 PM   #99
SgtPmpkn

Wizard AA Fiery Blast - Not thrilled about it being changed to a Fervor/dmg proc. It was a good spell before and wish it could have been fixed. If it is to stay this way the text in the AA window needs to be adjusted to reflect the new properties of the spell.
SgtPmpkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 02:00 AM   #100
Arieva

ABILITIES
Reduced the amount of benefit swarm pets gain from potency, crit bonus, and fervor buffs.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/update-notes-thursday-july-7-2016.571033/
Please know the patch notes before you argue what I say is incorrect.

Oh and I get the impression several of you summoner types might want to reread here:
https://eq2wire.com/2011/08/24/shared-pet-stats-and-buffs-clarified/

What we don't know is whether what was changed on beta was specifically to give full stat sharing back to swarms. Even with stats displaying in pet window this is extremely hard to quantify because as swarms have no tooltip to display the damage, we have just the random testing numbers which can vary widely in consistancy.

If full stat sharing is in effect and swarms are underperforming as they upgrade spell tier..then that's a problem with the spell's base as it upgrades. Or all the other classes that are still stomping summoners are either more skilled than said summoner or still have abilities that may need to be adjusted down perhaps? As I expressed in another thread I'm hoping class balance will continue to be a primary concern over the first few months of this xpac now that we're all on level playing field gearwise.

As a summoner this expac when I looked at my parse I never saw profession abilities (outside of the primary pet) doing more than around 10-15% and that was on a good day for communion,most well below that. The pie graphs that show 20-25% of a classes damage coming from a particular profession spell may be the issue here and based on adjustments down to these abilities I'm thinking they aren't wanting any one ability doing that much.

I'm going to wait and see come launch. Would love to see the Mage mastery rune working properly before then however..if at all possible. And if it could somehow apply to both primary and swarm pets..bonus.
Old 11-07-2018, 02:48 AM   #101
Ashandra

Thank you for the date correction I still read it as the stats are not set at 100% . I can remember the rough numbers posted before on one off multiple sites used by daybreak/Sony some one in red writing if the full stats share at 100% the the pet needed to be toned down which was done by adjusting the % of stats down , I have had my input , maybe I’ve played summoner to long as well I guess we will all just have wait and see I am free to give input as are you just stop quoting all the time and give yr input so we can read there’s enough bleed of players in this game going on over the years any input is good .
Old 11-07-2018, 08:15 AM   #102
Ashandra

If the abilities of ferv / main stats where adjusted down as of the patch notes they do not share at 100% thus we get hit hard with the new and increasing stats’s and pot mit requirements

Since last patch notes referring to summoner is may 10th 2016 can we at least get the true pets stats displayed in its window or posted in patch notes.

I don’t go to discord this is the official site pls if you would be so kind to post the actual values it would let us see what is going on as there is definitely a problem there you see it as you go up in stats particularly with the stat bloat now in game since 2016.
Old 11-07-2018, 04:38 PM   #103
Beee

With todays beta patch for summoners it looks much better (even without getting actual patchnotes) - thx Caith
In a fast test it seems fervor now shares correct
Old 11-07-2018, 06:09 PM   #104
Azrael's Tear

What changes were made for Summoners?
Old 11-07-2018, 09:08 PM   #105
Sigrdrifa

I can't tell about Fervor, or dubmbfires, but I seem to be doing much better damage, more along the lines of what I'd expect. Standing inside Doomfire: The Enkindled Towers [Solo], here's my conjy and her Planeswalker, sharing three stats correctly. Not sure why more stats aren't shared, but hey, it's a start.

[IMG]
Old 11-07-2018, 09:12 PM   #106
Enigma

Would be nice if our pets had the same amount of hp as well.
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 12:43 AM   #107
Sigrdrifa

Standing in Vegarlson Overland, my conjy's HP = 123,283,357; pet HP = 29,559,948. I.e., the pet has less than 25% of my HP.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:01 PM   #108
Rondo9

So fiery blast now crits (thank you) but the damage output of this ability is somewhat underwhelming. As seen below it only does 4-5 hits per cast which is less then 2 second per trigger, does about the damage of World Ablaze, procs even do more damage. Could you please look at boosting this as for an end line ability and something that was broken for so many years its really not doing much more damage then when it was broken.

[IMG]
Old 11-08-2018, 03:46 PM   #109
Fistpower

That's pretty awful. Barely parses better than Ice Lash.

I dont understand why they cant just increase the damage limit and keep some unique class flavor.
Old 11-09-2018, 01:52 AM   #110
Talduke

I would like to think the initial damage amount was set this way to make sure the new ability works as intended. Then proc amounts can be adjusted to proper levels, then damage. That way its not a wtf op ability that everyone cries nerf on.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:31 AM   #111
Adoninilol

The ability should be good, it used to be around 10-15% of a zonewide, it should be placed around there.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:00 AM   #112
Scrappyz

agreed as it's a class defining ability. Just as Lifeburn used to be for necros.. now if that ever got fixed, I might just have a heart attack
Old 11-09-2018, 05:37 PM   #113
Jokirr

The thing with Lifeburn is that it isn't broken. It functions just fine.
We should be using proper terminology here and say that LB needs to adjusted, because that's it's issue not that it doesn't work.

Figured I would point this out after reading the start of the Beta discord... Mr. Caith was so kind to state that adjustments to skills and fixes to skills are on 2 different lists of things to tackle. Each with their own level of priorities.
So if we keep asking for a fix to a spell that isn't actually broken, we'll never see changes.

That all said, I would like to see the new Fiery Blast's damage adjusted as it's currently way to low. The warlock's epic spell "Draw from the Void" hits roughly 15 times harder per proc, has 3 times the duration per cast however is on a 4min 20 second recast vs a 1 min 15 second recast.

Being that Fiery Blast is an AA endline it really should have more impact compared to an epic spell. And yes I understand it's two different classes as well but they are both Sorcerers at the end of it all and they tend to share common lines with regards to their spells.

I also would like to see Lifeburn's damage adjusted too! Currently the HP to Damage ratio is to low for it to be a DPS gain, which should it's main selling point as it drops your HP quickly as a trade off.
I'm not a Necro player so I'm not sure on the current ratio but I recall it was in ToV that it was last adjusted. At most the ratio would need to be doubled for it to become a DPS gain, but I'll default to the Necro players to confirm it that would make it worth casting.
Jokirr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 06:25 PM   #114
Scrappyz

ToV was when the mysterious "cap" was put on LB, when hit points started to soar. It really hasn't been good since before that expansion, which was what, CoE?

My bad with the terminology, I know it's not "broken" per say. But with as long as we necros have gone without having our class defining ability as a viable dps option, it sure feels like it's broken. I still use it from time to time, yes all you other necros can now start shaming me I really don't care, but I know many people that don't even take the AA anymore, which is sad. I am unable to play beta right now so I can't say if they have done anything to it, and based on the update notes so far I see they haven't, but if they have, then great. But if not, then it really needs to be looked at as it's something we've been asking for years now.
Old 11-11-2018, 11:06 AM   #115
Arieva

Planar Pet Mastery seems to persist fine through a single zone now, but falls off the primary pet upon zoning
Old 11-12-2018, 11:27 AM   #116
Arieva

Another weirdness I'm seeing in regards to planar pet mastery..it seems to be applying to group member. I was running a second account (a scout) and saw the buff pop up on the scouts effects when in range of my conji. Buff still dropping on zone.