EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > Class Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-04-2017, 03:47 PM   #31
Daytona

Thank you Taiyla. I am in the same position as you. They play me in raid because I have been playing several years in the same guild and always show up, but am already being replaced on many of the progression fights. The reason there aren't many dirges left in game is because most raiding guilds don't run them anymore. It really needs to be addressed if we are to become a feasible raid class again. I have already been asked about swapping to a different class, but there isn't anyway I would do that having to start all over again on a different toon.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:14 PM   #32
olleran

Assassin training level 105.

One of the options is Apply Poison, but we already get a group version which is better through AA.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:50 PM   #33
Earar

I guess I know the answer .. why don't u then betray ?

(I say that but wouldn't betray from bruiser to monk nor warden to fury ^^)

and yeah some classes became obsolete due to how the game changed.

And EQ2 devs always do work half. Like u stop making melee important .. but u don't change melee buffers

like changing stat buffs but not changing stat debuffs (and making stat buffs as % boost that dont change with better spell quality .. making sometimes an old tier GM better than a new tier expert)

they need really to change those stuffs, those buffs, those classes. because more and more people betray to be able to play.
Old 11-09-2017, 03:21 AM   #34
Taiyla

Still wondering if this is bug? Two spells that basically do the same thing.......
Taiyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:43 AM   #35
Earar

it's a bug.
Fierce combat is the proc in oration of sacrifice.
Old 11-09-2017, 03:46 PM   #36
Succulent

I know i have already posted this once, but since its been over 2 weeks with no fix i will repost it: Brig lvl104 Dispatch is still acting as a group mitigation buff instead of a debuff and lvl 109 Daring Advance expert recipe is still showing usable by all scouts with no spell effects to it. I would really like to be able to test both of these out and i know there have been other more pressing issues to deal with but i want to repost this in case it was missed overlooked or jut forgotten about
Succulent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 05:13 PM   #37
Daytona

I actually have a troub on my account, which to be honest I never liked playing, and is why I play the dirge instead. I have a total of 18 toons on my account, although admittedly I haven't played them all for the most part since ToV, and only a few in ToT, but the dirge is the one that I used to enjoy playing, so it wouldn't make any sense for me to betray to a class I have never enjoyed.

The dirge used to be one of the best classes to play imo, but with nerf after nerf after nerf, the class has been pretty much destroyed. Since the implementation of the diety wheel in ToT it made no sense to spend time on alts since your main always needed more points, to use for miracles during raids and of course to improve stats, and those points have become ridiculously time consuming to get since the contested nerf. They added in the Yunzi quest so people could get caught up in potency to some degree, however that still means none of your alts are going to be up to par in crit bonus/stamina, and of course ascensions as well which are such rare drops and so overly expensive it would never make sense to use them on an alt. To play any alt you would be starting from scratch with a ridiculous amount of non stop grinding, dbc and in game plat to bring the toon up to the point where it can effectively group/raid, which I believe is a big part of the reason so many people have left game. The only way around this that I can see at the current rate of researching ascension upgrades would be to make the ascension upgrades account wide as well, or else increase the drop rates dramatically so that they are not so ridiculously rare people don't want to put them on their alts. If the deity wheel and ascensions were account wide it would take some of the load off and would make it more feasible to play alts again, but until that time I can't imagine doing that myself.

Most people I know that play dirges have already left the game because it is easier to start from scratch in another game where you can get caught up and make your toon feasible in a month or so than it is to play a class in everquest 2 where you might be able to gain enough diety points and ascensions to group/raid by the end of an expac if you play 6 hours a day. Anymore it's not even how well you play your class in EQ2, it is more about how many diety points you have and the level of your ascensions.

Most people actually have a life outside of EQ2...Smile
Old 11-12-2017, 11:43 AM   #38
Earar

dispatch bug

[IMG]

the worst/best part is that it effectivelly increases mitigation when cast BigGrin
Old 11-13-2017, 03:46 PM   #39
Taiyla

[IMG]

Still haven't heard from a Dev as to whether this is a bug or intended and no changes have been made to these two spells. Honestly, why another "healing" spell for Dirges? We need something to make us more viable for raids and groups and this isn't it. I don't want to betray to a Troub.... I already have one. I'd just like Dirges to be needed again and able to keep up with the Troubs. Make Dirges great again, please.
Old 11-13-2017, 04:49 PM   #40
Nero

1. You state that one of the reasons to have a dirge in the MT group is because they have a raid wide buff. Why does it matter what group they are in if it's raid wide?

2. If the rez should be bringing people up with full power and is not, that should definitely be fixed! *bonks Devs*

3. Stone skins are still relevant regardless of how much HP we have. If I am sitting at 100 mil, and the stone skin saves me from getting 1 shotted for some reason, then it's worth it.

4. I dont think you "transfer" hate, as much as give the tank aggression correct, which as far as I am aware of does not "cap"? I do think that aggression is still a relevant stat for us, just not in the quantities that are given by a dirge. I don't remember how much you give, but the 20 or so compared to the 1k+ I have doesn't really get me excited.

I almost feel like this post is 3 years too late. Melee classes saw their DPS slide sometime in AoM, when the WDB stat was capped. This just continued getting worse and worse until Ascensions were introduced, and since then, most classes have adjusted to maximize their other caster stats to rely less and less on auto attack. Nowadays, you can just max everything out I guess.

I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say "melee nerf to combat arts". Most combat arts received a significant boost at the start of KA did they not?

For the "most" part, a lot of the troub buffs have now become obsolete as well, and honestly, the only thing that differentiates the classes anymore is the troub UT, and Abhorrent Verse... Dirges have their raid buff and other stuff to offset the UT, and I just wonder why even bother have 2 bard classes at all if you are going to suggest combining the only thing that differentiates them?
Old 11-13-2017, 05:22 PM   #41
Earar

don't forget jester's cap. (gravitas or fierce combat don't come close to jester's cap AA proc)
also the troubs works with both mages and melees .. dirges work less with mages (CoB (not sure) and dead calm work on melee hit, while maestro and aria now work on spells. And some CAs are considered as spells, they can double cast and stuff) Aria has also way better proc chance than dead calm.
troubs give -40 hate ... to the group
troubs have 9 fervor buff .. dirges have uncontested parry.

troubs are good in any group u place them. dirges a more limited, tank group or a pure scout group, but a troub would be just as fine
Old 11-14-2017, 08:37 AM   #42
Dzir

About beastlord
Warder's Ferocity good idea, but without warder we can't use Feral Advanteges = can't increase savagery and use our feral primals
I think idea about this abilly = remove warder but give overcap?
Old 11-14-2017, 08:41 AM   #43
Dzir

---
and everything is still not settled about stelth feral primals, we didn't have long stealth (assassin for exp.) or our epic not removed demands on stealth CA
Old 11-14-2017, 08:44 AM   #44
Nero

Definitely agree on JCap. It still does a considerable amount of damage, and u can maintain it 100% on yourself +1 other.

Everything else is meh. Aria of Magic is a non factor, even when it triggers off of spells and CB and does increased damage with the orange rune.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:03 AM   #45
Wgrace

[Beastlord's "Warder's Ferocity"]
When using "Warder's Ferocity" (both apprentice and GM ranks are affected), the effect cancels itself whenever I use a macro with several abilities in it. I tested each individual ability from my macro to see if there was a singular culprit, but none of them cancel the effect when being cast on their own. Only when being used in a macro with a list of abilities does this occur.

[Edit]: I've tried with other combination of abilities in macros and sometimes it cancels the effect, and some combination of abilities in the macro do not. /shrug.

Someone in discord #scouts mentioned WF cancelling itself while casting random CAs as well.

PS: This was all on a test dummy.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:14 PM   #46
maxximum

I can't give an answer about those skills, but I would advise you to not rush into switching to troub just yet. I've run a bunch of heroics in beta, and my dirge was often the difference between the group wiping and killing the mob just from rezzes alone. That said, I wouldn't want the devs to think I'm happy with the troub/dirge balance, because I'm not, and I've considered switching to troub for the first time ever just because I'm bored stupid with rezzing people and it seems like the troub life is an easier life. Some kind of meaningful power regen would be nice though.
Old 11-15-2017, 03:06 PM   #47
Taiyla

Thanks Frannk I'm not in a hurry to betray. I've been kept in raid this expac in the MT group. I also have a Troub I raid with on our off nights. I wouldn't say a Troub has it easier although they don't have rezzes, they do have AV which is called for often and Jcap to maintain on 2 people. Love the idea of a meaningful power regen for Dirges though, that would be awesome.

I would like to note that Fierce Combat hasn't disappeared from the spells and it doesn't have any upgrades available to be crafted. No Journeyman, Adept or Experts of Fierce Combat appear in the Jewelers books.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:19 PM   #48
RomanSergeevich

Interestingly,all did the access conversion after 3-4 AA,and bards 9...where is the justice?..(
Now the conversion is available after 6 points,and will be after 9...this is what will fix it?
Old 11-16-2017, 02:35 AM   #49
Daytona

1. No, I stated that there were four main reasons to have a dirge in THE tank groupS in a raid, the first of which is provide a raid wide temp buff, CoB, which when alternated between two dirges can be up almost full time for the entire raid. Dirge buffs tend to be better for tank, such as increases in strength, agi and CAs, increased procs on dirge buffs etc.

2. Yes the dirge rez used to bring people up with full health and power when spec'd for it. Now that spec is useless, probably due to the increases in player power amounts over the last few years without ever increasing the amount on the rez.

3. Yes, the stone skin can still save you on a one shot IF it procs at that time, which can be a big IF, but for the most part the tanks rely on the shammy wards, which even though nerfed with the bleed through are still much more reliable.

4. Dirges have never had a hate transfer, we provide a tank buff that gives 37 hate/aggression, which with the advent of the ethereal cloaks is no longer a worthwhile buff, as you yourself pointed out in conversations I have had with you Nero. Yes I agree, 37 to hate/aggression is worthless since tanks now have more than 1k aggression. The only way to get more hate now is through a hate transfer from either a swash or an assassin.

Melee classes were still valid up through the current xpac, KA, but at the beginning of this xpac they nerfed it so badly that it is in effect a useless ability, and yes I have all of my abilities at the hard cap. They nerfed the WDB, they nerfed the dps, and they nerfed MA. The battle cry buff has been modified so that now, as well as it's original buff stats, it also gives a 25% pot increase to whoever it is put on based on the MA, but this buff has traditionally been for the T1-2 scout in the group, and they would have to spec to have roughly 4k in MA to get a 1k pot buff from it. Troubs on the other have have always been traditionally for caster groups, and their buffs are designed that way. Whereas a dirge is for melee/disease, the troub is more of a caster class, with their buffs designed for other caster classes. They do primarily arcane damage and always have. Troubs do not have stone skins, they do not have CoB or rezzes, and are designed primarily to give buffs that caster classes want/need. Troubs also have a raidwide buff as well called Perfection of the Maestro. So the hate/dehate is not the only difference between the two classes, however with current content, the dirge tank buff is completely useless. I am simply suggesting that the two buffs be merged into a single bard buff for expediency and it would probably be the easiest thing to do from a programming standpoint.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:28 AM   #50
Redlight

I cant wait for class mergers instead of doing any meaningful actual class balancing, i will be a Swashonjuror and have a giant pet parrot to DPS!! Make happen, make it happen now!!!
Old 11-16-2017, 10:43 AM   #51
Earar

or maybe you'll be the parrot, pet of the conjuror !!

well .. no .. just a swarm pet .. Smile
Old 11-16-2017, 11:48 AM   #52
Redlight

Earar I saw what did there and it made cry little Gnome tears because its true
Old 11-18-2017, 02:21 AM   #53
Kaladz

Any chance we can get Dashing Swathe VIII as one of the Swashbuckler lvl 105 grandmaster choices instead of devious blade? Dashing Swathe is normally one of the options for swashbuckler class training spells.
Kaladz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 09:07 PM   #54
duckster

Predator Off stances appear to be missing some form of buffage in place of the def stance having it .

Can we at least have the same stats applied to both assassin & ranger respective offensive stances? You will find it hard to come across using def stance except in very rare circumstances.
duckster is offline   Reply With Quote