EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > Class Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-15-2017, 05:16 PM   #61
Nero

It has always depended on the AA. Some of them modify the base reuse times, which are them modified by your reuse and recovery. Some dont. Some say they do and actually dont. So really you just have to do it yourself and figure out which ones work and which ones dont.

Ill post a monk version of this when I have a few hours to compile a list.
Old 11-15-2017, 05:19 PM   #62
Earar

I know that thanks .. and I checked most and they don't work.

but from what ingerimm says, they changed something in Beta on the paladin spells at least

yeah .. on bruiser, all the reuse enhance AAs still don't work.

enhance : ignore pain --> (before increase healing by 3%/point) reduce reuse by 10 sec (went from 45 sec to 40 sec recast)

only thing that has been changed. Well at least the AA does something now
Old 11-15-2017, 06:52 PM   #63
Ingerimm

@Earar

As already written since the patch today on the beta I mentioned the AA Improvements, which had not worked (on paladin), now in function again.

For the sake of this, some have been changed.

Once at 5 AA points, the base reuse was lowered by 5 seconds.

So if the spell has a reuse of 60 seconds it will become 55 seconds, with a 100% normal reuse this will be 27.5 seconds.

If you do not give out the 5 AA points, you have 60 seconds without a reuse and 30 seconds with a 100% reuse.

Thus, the 5 AA points only yield a gain of 2.5 seconds, ie 0.5 seconds per AA point in this chase.
Ingerimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 05:18 AM   #64
Ingerimm

At 100% normal reuse speed:
So, holy aid reuses 27.520 seconds instead of 30 22,5 seconds (5 AA points for 2,5 sec)

Thats my fault, i make a typo, but the situation stays the same.

Old 11-16-2017, 05:24 AM   #65
Ingerimm

I do not know if it is a bug, but the final AA Point in this AA improvement (Allied Prayers) gives you 2% instaed from 1% for the ward amount, so you reach 6% as max percent instead from 5%, for me ok, but if it should be so, only know the devs.

At least with the green text in the spell description.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:39 AM   #66
Nero

Monk AA Part 1

Focus: Mend the 45 second recast reduction doesnt work with 100% reuse.It does work when your reuse is basically 0, which is basically no one.

Focus: Crescent Strike the 10 second reuse also does not work if your reuse is at 100%. The 10% damage increase is also definitely not applying correctly. it's closer to 1%

Focus: Inner Focus same as above. the reuse reduction does nothing at 100% reuse.

Focus: Bob and Weave reuse reduction does nothing at 100% reuse.

Focus: Hidden Openings 15% base damage increase does basically nothing. less than 0.25% actual increase.

Focus: Rising Dragon reuse reduction does nothing at 100% reuse. 25% damage increase does almost nothing. actual damage increase is closer to 0.01%
Old 11-16-2017, 06:16 AM   #67
Nero

Here are few random AAs in the Monk tree that do not work:

Enhance: Mend rank 5 states that reuse is decreased by 15 seconds. in reality, reuse is decreased by 7 seconds.

Enhance: Outward Calm At rank 5, reuse should be reduced by 25 seconds, and duration increased by 15. The duration parks works. the reuse is not affected at all.

Enhance: Dragonfire Reuse portion does not work at all, radius is however increased.

Enhance: Will of Heavens Recast time is not decreased by 30 seconds at rank 3.

Enhance: Tsunami You guessed it! Reuse speed is not being applied!

Enhance: Taunts reuse speed reduction does nothing. In addition, at rank 5, the taunt amount of Challenge should improve by 20%, it does not even come close. actual increase is less than 1%

Enhance: Crescent Strike reuse speed reduction does not work.

Outward Tranquility Supposed to improve base ward amount by 20%, it only improves base ward amount by less than 0.01%

Dragon's Rage it does add an aditional hate component to Dragonflame, however it's horribly horribly under powered and under scaled. For example, Drogonfire IV does about a mil in tooltip damage with an additional 600k every second. the threat added by Dragon's Rage only does 28k!!! Needs to scale by about a factor of 20x

This is not an all inclusive list of things in the Monk Tree, just the ones that I know are important off the top of my head.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:37 AM   #68
Bigstomp

Old 11-17-2017, 06:05 PM   #69
Ingerimm

Sorry Dev's

I do not know exactly what you did in the last patch, but since then the AA improvement from paladin in the paladin tree "Devout Faith" is not working anymore.

You can do it skill but it's like before, it has absolutely no effect on the ward amount anymore.

Actually, it should improve the ward amount "Demonstration of Faith", at 5 points selected, by 20%, before the last patch, this also newly worked.

I've tried everything , clear skills, to skill new, relogging, in other order to skill, it just has no impact anymore.

So please look again why this does now not work anymore.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:21 PM   #70
Ingerimm

It could be because of how I have finally come to know that the AAs from the entire class tree (paladin) no longer work.
Not a single one.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:27 PM   #71
Earar

Some AAs check up for the brawler bruiser trees.

Brawler tree :

Deflecting Pincers, monkey dodge and eagle's talon don't add anything in either mitigation or defense. The skill upgrade is so low, that is doesn't add anything. (respectively +34.6 deflect, +26.6 defense +30 parry)

pressure point - could there be a little combat mitigation debuff added to the mitigation debuff of that skill ?? (on last point ??)

Mantis star : useable with crossbow please ?

Bruiser tree

Aggressive beatdown : Add 27k - 33k threat to beatdown (way too low)
Old 11-18-2017, 03:23 AM   #72
Nero

Ok you guys, you definitely broke something....

Was just testing a few abilities and realized that Reprimand (Monk AA Tree, Expertise row) now shows in tool tip that is should do 10M-15M threat, but on a training dummy it does 0. it hits, but does nothing at all. its easily one of the higher threat generating abilities for us. so this one is crucial to get fixed please. While we ar eon the subject, several other abilities that should be generating threat, are not doing anything:

Rescue did absolutely no threat out, even though it should.
Peel III did absolutely no threat out, even though it should.

In addition, on the same training dummy parse, on the threat out, notice how low Dragonfire IV is hitting... A threat component is added to Dragonfire via the Monk Tree AA, Sentinel's Fate row, however it absolutely does not scale at all. Really wish this would get a meaningful boost as its one of the very few blue AEs a monk has.

Lastly, lvl 80 spell Perfect Serenity has a damage component on it that does not scale with Potency/CB and does next to no damage. It would be great if we could either get an upgraded version of the spell or please please please look at making the damage portion of it scale better. Also in the screenshot below of outgoing damage (Serene Strike).

https://imgur.com/WbeDh6x

https://imgur.com/ySuPxSI

https://imgur.com/aLaL5x1
Old 11-18-2017, 10:05 AM   #73
Earar

none of the epic repercussion spells procs scale.

The bruiser one has a damage and threat component on it .. and it's meaningless. would be good indeed if it scaled
Old 11-18-2017, 12:11 PM   #74
Borzikar

The SK ability Divine Aura seems to no longer work with the epic buff Gravebound in offensive stance (Dark Blade IX). It is still working on live and was working on beta up until a couple days ago. I sent in a feedback as well but this is a rather major issue.
Old 11-18-2017, 12:12 PM   #75
Borzikar

Just found out that Bloodletter is not castable in offensive stance as well.
Old 11-18-2017, 01:05 PM   #76
Borzikar

When you equip the Death's Advance ethereal SK cloak rune, the On the March proc from Death March loses it's 15% base threat and 10% group wide dmg reduction on the tooltip. Also when I hit death march, my threat abilities do not reflect the 15% threat increase.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:13 PM   #77
Ingerimm

No update so far, since problem with the no longer working paladin AA class tree persists.

Maybe something will be revised here, unfortunately, we have no info, so it could also be an unwanted error. There are still 7 days to addon release, it would be nice if the problem would be resolved until the addon start.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:38 AM   #78
Ingerimm

• The paladin prestige ability "Faith" does not work anymore. It still blocks the damage, but it no longer reflects damage. Also the new way of working of the incomming back damage proc "Shock of Faith" does not work.
  • The estimated amount of damage of about 30,000,000 damage from "Shock of Faith" seems more than ridiculous for a 100% incomming damage reflection, if it would work at all.
  • Furthermore, the extension does not work on the ability "Faith" => "Faithful Retaliation", at least visually there is nowhere to be seen that there is a 6 trigger damage shield.
  • The tooltip description of the ability "Faith" belief and its explained functioning is still the old one.
  • The display of mana required for the paladin "Manawall" ability is broken again, showing utopian mana values of x billion mana required.
  • The new operation of "Legionnaires Conviction", with the back damage proc "Shock of Conviction" is relatively ridiculous in the amount of damage, about 3,000,000 damage per hit in this day and age is not really effective or?
Old 11-22-2017, 06:55 AM   #79
Ingerimm

The paladin AA tree is now back in function. But ...

The paladin AA ability in this AA tree "Devout Faith", which should increase the ward amount of "Demonstration of Faith", at 5 points invested, by 20%, still does not work.

=> It increases the ward amount by 0,038% at the moment.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:47 AM   #80
Ingerimm

I'm trying to summarize the issues with the paladin prestige ability Faith.

First, the main ability "Faith":

=> formerly 3 seconds 100% all damage reflect up to 3 times max HP of the paladin, with a 100% damage reduction.
  • now a 3 second 100% damage reduction with a receive damage proc "Shock of Faith" with approx. 1.600.000 to 1.800.000 damage before crit (with my solo stats) {will not be triggered at the moment} <= That is certainly a bug !!!
1. Extension of Faith, "Divine Faith"

=> equal to earlier
  • 1st point => Cast time -0.25 seconds, duration +0.33 seconds
  • 2nd point => Cast time -0.25 seconds, duration +0.33 seconds
  • 3rd point => Cast time -0.25 seconds, duration +0.33 seconds
2. Extension of Faith, "Faithful Retaliation"

=> earlier 3 damage triggers with 90% of the reflect damage from Faith for each group member
  • now, receive a hostile spell only damage proc with 2,000,000 to 2,450,000 damage before crit (with my solo stats) [almost always runs out, triggered only by received spells] {hits your opponents at the moment they trigger the triggers even after critical apply with only 45,000 to 55,000 damage} <= That is certainly a bug !!!
  • 1st point effect activation with 3 triggers for each in the Group
  • 2nd and 3rd point according to the tooltip the trigger quantity and the damage are to be increased per point at 3 points to 6 triggers, but the triggers remain at 3, only the damage increases slightly.
3. Extension of Faith, "Faith's Aura"
=> earlier a damage reduction for non fighter of the group 8% per point with the same high reflect.
  • now damage reduction for the non fighters of the group 8% per point with 6 triggers receive damage proc "Shock of Faith" with approx. 1.600.000 to 1.800.000 damage before crit (with my solo stats) {hit the opponent in the moment after critical apply with approximately 30,000,000 to 40,000,000 damage per triggered trigger} ... runs only 8 seconds to use the triggers, so mostly, on none tanks, them runs out
Old 11-22-2017, 02:05 PM   #81
Dolgrin

Some Monk testing:
1. complete naked without any equip and no passive effect 14.7 CB and 71,5 pot, and 100 sta from diety.
2. Full equip: around 34.5 k pot and 1,1M Ab Mod.
3. Full equip 101% recast

1. Focus: Mend 10% heal amount works now, 45s recast -> no effect

2. Crestent strike cast base cast 30s with 100% resuse 15s
enhance crestent: strike resuse component -> no effect
focus crestent: strike resuse component -> no effect

3. Enhance Mend resue 3s instead of increase heal amount by 3%. (This is a bad dev joke, isn't it?)
Base cast time 3 Min, so max should be 1:30.
1 point 3s breaking rule of reuse, 1:29
5 point 15s breaking rule of reuse, 1:23
Shadow: Mending Spirit -> no effect

4. Enhance Taunts
1pt should increase 4%
Naked: 13091 -> 13394, increase: 102,314 %
Full: 2.607.708 -> 2.608.030, increase: 100,012 %

5pt should increase 20%
Naked: 13091 -> 14609 -> increase 111,59 %
Full: 2.607.708 -> 2.609.320 -> increase 100,06 %

adding Tranquil Forewaring (should increase 15%)
14609 -> 15.748 -> increase 107,79 %
2.609.320 -> 2.610.530 -> increase 100,05 %

5. Calm Tranquil got an overpowered group / raid increase of 0.2 Ability Double Cast

There are maybe more changes, but without any patchnotes they are hard to track.
Futher testing this stuff should be a job of the QA -Department.
Dolgrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 02:05 PM   #82
Dolgrin

Dolgrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 04:33 PM   #83
Nero

Making the % increase a little more reader friendly for people here in the US.

Note to whoever is looking at this so that it can be fixed: I already have a comprehensive list that includes all of these and more already posted on the previous page.
Old 11-22-2017, 04:42 PM   #84
Nero

Here is my honest suggestion:

Clearly, all of the AAs that are "increasing the base damage by ___%" are just adding a minuscule amount of potency to these abilities.

You have already proven that you can code fervor to be applied to certain abilities (See examples in orange runes)

Just replace the potency increase in the AA trees with Ability specific fervor increases. Dont even need to change the values, if the AA read "increases the base damage of XXX Ability by 20%" make it "Increases Fervor of XXX Ability by 20%"

I know its not inflation proof, but its better then having an entire tree of AAs do nothing.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:19 PM   #85
Meshuggahx

No idea if someone said it already, but the sk epic 2.0 effect gravebond does not stack with the offensive stance dark blade and can't cast death saves or stoneskins at the moment.
Meshuggahx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 07:25 PM   #86
duckster

Is this after the change they made? I know previously you had to cast gravebond first then off stance. I mentioned it to gninja a week ago in discord that it causes issues on Trak when ported as fighter.
duckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 08:09 PM   #87
Xavion

all the stat based nodes in the heroic tab need a boost they are honestly worthless when crit bonus gives 10% pot gives 10% abilmod gives 360 and the stats aswell are super low with 10 points in them please buff these amounts maybe make pot and crit bonus give 50% per point the stats give 10x whatever it is per poitn and abilmod 1000x per point that way wed have like 500% pot and critbonus at 10 points and a total of 360k abil mod for 10 points in that and idk what teh stats wer ebut if the total on that were atleast over 1k itd be good the ability reuse speed probly could be buffed by 10x also
Old 11-22-2017, 08:12 PM   #88
Xavion

• SK should get a buff to the middle stamina bonus and boost it from 300 to maybe 400 or something similar to what monks have but maybe a lil less?
  • buff the % life gains on reaver and maybe remove the hp req so when you die it doesn't get removed on death
  • buff any mitigation % buff nodes.
  • Do something for harm touch buff nodes so it also affects leech touch because all those node that affect harm touch are never used when leech touch is a direct upgrade and harm touch is never used maybe make a harm touch node where it removes the shared cooldown from leech touch so its its on spell to be cast?
Old 11-22-2017, 08:27 PM   #89
Ingerimm

• Since the patch a few minutes ago, the extension of the paladin ability "Faith" => "Faith Retaliation" is now triggered when Faith expires. But only with 3 triggers instead of the estimated 6 triggers, if you invest 3 points in this ability.
    There should be 3 triggers for one point invested and 6 triggers for 3 points invested.
  • In addition, according to the description trigger the triggers only on received spells and not on receiving any damage, as it should be.
  • And on the third, the damage done is the wrong size, in my tests in the solo instances, "Faith Retaliation" hits the opponents with 45,000 to 55,000 damage and nothing more.
  • "Shock of Faith" is still not triggered.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:20 PM   #90
Meshuggahx

It's from today and it didn't change which order i was casting the buffs it just didn't stick. Gonna check again anyway.
Update: still bugged.
Meshuggahx is offline   Reply With Quote