EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Class Discussion (AoM Beta) > Priests
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-10-2014, 03:45 PM   #121
Gaealiege

Well you know how it is. Doing 30% more on the heal parse is certainly balanced with the druid doing 500%+ more dps plus their utility. Don't forget you can cast your 8 debuffs though in between needing to chain heal to keep up unlike druids. Soul Shackle really needed that additional 300% increase in reuse.
Gaealiege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 03:51 PM   #122
Arieste

I was doing 900k heals (fury at 500) and outparsing the same fury in DPS in a heroic yesterday. I've also not had any issues keeping up with curing ever since our base reuse AA was added. Does that mean i'm OP and all is well? I thought HPS didn't matter yet here you are quoting it. Point is, i kept the group up just find and we could have done without the fury at all.

This has been your experience in beta? Because it hasn't been mine.

And i'm actually seeing people saying they want to run 4 shamans now - which hadn't happened EVER in my 10 years raiding on one (even back when shamans were amazing, no one wanted 4). My guild has 2 FT shamans and we're recruiting a 3rd for AoM. (We're still keeping our 3 druids too, but it certainly seems more balanced.)

And from my testing, i woudl say that our capaity is much increased compared to other healers versus what it is on live. I'm still trying to get you to post the specific examples from YOUR testing that show otherwise. I'm extremely concerned about shaman viability. Most of those posts about shamans falilng behind last expac were either written or contributed to by me. If you post some testing facts taht we can quote for the developers, we can potentially get improvements. I'm just not seeing any from you.
Arieste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 04:09 PM   #123
Chewie915

posting parses is not necessary as the parse will show what it always shows..wards absorbed first tallied higher.. you will see more in your own raid when the shaman is solo healing mage group 1 and the druid is doing mage group2...bet you didnt see that last expansion. good luck living. this xpac maybe, with critting wards and the SS life jacket. you may have posted a lot last expansion but you sure dont seem to care if this class gets and KEEPS the much needed attention from 12 months ago.
Chewie915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 04:10 PM   #124
Chewie915

great..most of that didnt make it in Frown
Old 11-10-2014, 04:15 PM   #125
Chewie915

Old 11-10-2014, 04:18 PM   #126
Arieste

i didn't ask for parses. i asked for experiences. like: what zone did you do where you as a shaman couldn't keep up while a druid had an easy time? what raid encounters did you do that were significantly easier with 4 druids? I've done about 10 different raid mobs in AoM (and some only partially) - but none of them looked to require 4 druids.

When you say "good luck living with shaman healing mage group", what encounter are you basing this observation on?

And lol at "you don't care" as coming from someone that has 9 posts and hasn't posted a single shred of factual information that can be confirmed by others and acted on. At this point, i honestly get the sense that you're just trolling and haven't even done any testing.

I'm also done responding to you until you post any specific testing-related info.
Old 11-10-2014, 04:36 PM   #127
Denzello

This.

do mystics can get the healing job done? seems so but thats not the actual point!
its like comparing the fun factor between a construction worker and a test pilot...which of those jobs would you prefer? yeah thought so..
Im giving up arguing for this and that, the devs heard all our points and they know what needs to be changed, I myself will roll a templar and have fun with something I spend time for.
also keep in mind not everybody is a pro endgame raider who knows every single mechanic of the game, the regalar John Q out there will happen to join fail group setups alot and realize what a ****** class the mystic is.
Denzello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 04:51 PM   #128
Chewie915

i played and raided end game content for the last 5 years so im not referring to anything easy mode, so yes i know what im talking about. my have fun solo healing the mage group for fights like...the anamorphous drake, cruror and tarinax plus any of maw. not that that setup is ideal...but when ppl dont make raids..you do what you have to do. so i can easily say there is a difference when shaman vs druid.
i didnt say 'REQUIRE' druid i said prefer. raids prefer druids, they will take a shaman if nothing is available.
I believe i said this was my first post due to all the shaman bashing by people who could care less if the people who actually play them enjoy it and receive over due attention to the class.
but yes im done with you as well.. im sure you will be happy if soe reduces the base of all shaman wards by 50%, double the reuse and set them back to only effect physical damage. i mean we've had to go the last 12 months with 1 hand tied behind our back compared to other healers..why not tie the other hand, add a blindfold and stand in quicksand.
Old 11-10-2014, 04:58 PM   #129
Kiry

(1415157562)[Wed Nov 05 13:49:22 2014] xxxxxxxx's Spirit of Druidism absorbs 205612 points of damage from being done to XXXXX.
(1415157562)[Wed Nov 05 13:49:22 2014] xxxxxxxx's Spirit of Druidism absorbs 191278 points of damage from being done to XXXXXX.
(1415157562)[Wed Nov 05 13:49:22 2014] xxxxxxxx's Spirit of Druidism absorbs 205612 points of damage from being done to XXXXX.
(1415157562)[Wed Nov 05 13:49:22 2014] xxxxxxxx's Spirit of Druidism absorbs 205612 points of damage from being done to XXXXXXXX.
(1415157562)[Wed Nov 05 13:49:22 2014] xxxxxxxx's Spirit of Druidism absorbs 257014 points of damage from being done to XXXXX.
(1415157562)[Wed Nov 05 13:49:22 2014] xxxxxxxx's Spirit of Druidism absorbs 257014 points of damage from being done to XXXXXX.

Oh here's a good one:
(1415158208)[Wed Nov 05 14:00:08 2014] xxxxxxxx's Spirit of Druidism absorbs 551423 points of damage from being done to XXXXXX.

Druids can now passively regeneratively ward for more than shamans, that is totally balanced.

And 7mil Repent's from Templars??? Booyah! That's just win! I wish I had a ST ward that warded for even 1/3 of that, infact I'd be happy with a group ward that did 1/3!

I sense a healing holiday coming on.
Kiry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 05:11 PM   #130
Kiry

I couldn't give less of a **** about soul shackle, remove the GD ability from shamans alltogether and give us back the 15% to SL for all I care that's how dumb the ability is, does it parse well? Yes. Is it useful No.
Kiry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 05:22 PM   #131
Arieste

Ok, I understand now. I fully agree with your evaluation of shamans during ToV. I've posted pretty much exactly waht you have all through ToV. Have fun in DT, I'm sure DEVs appreciate the extra feedback on that zone.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:36 AM   #132
Neiloch

Balancing healing versus pretty much anything really doesn't work when you are talking about nerfing heals. Not having 'enough' DPS or buffs just makes things move slowly or less reliably. Not having enough healing power means people just drop dead. Healing isn't some extra feature that's nice to have but isn't needed.

More than anything a problem that still exists from the HP pool change is 'quality of life', pure power really hasn't been the issue. Its how shamans PLAY that have been an a huge issue, especially in comparison to other priests. Sure a shaman can put up good numbers, have buffs and utility but they have to push a boulder up hill to do it while others healers can do the same with a fraction of the effort. This would be interesting if shamans could easily dwarf other healers if played properly, kind of like a healer class for expert players but this is no where near the case. They have to to play top shelf to meet par in most cases.

Or to put it in simpler DPS-like terms, other priests have much more power in 'passive healing' than shamans do. I mean if part of shamans is supposed to be utility, shouldn't their healing be a bit lower while being stupid easy then? As it is its detestably lower while being the hardest by a far margin.
Neiloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:59 AM   #133
Hammdaddy

I said that spirit of druidism is bonkers, the kicker is spirit of druidism isn't a shared ward so rip shamans even more. Not to mention furies can do soooo much more damage than mystics.
Hammdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 03:14 AM   #134
Buffrat

SoD only triggers off the druid's damage. SL triggers off anyone in the group's damage, taking damage, or killing blow. It's been broken since SF, and still functions that way on beta.

Soul Shackle reuse nerf is mostly irrelevant, you rotated SS/SA before, you still do so now. You just get less/no overlap, and less uptime of the potency debuff/mod buff.

Soul Shackle is incredibly useful. How could you even say it's not.

Furies have high dps but little-no relevant utility. I didn't get to play a Defiler on beta (played Mystic instead) but if a Defiler can put numbers up anywhere near a Fury (probably only remotely possible on a single target), a solo healed Defiler mage group is going to be better than a solo healed Fury mage group.

Yes, Templars are strong. No, 7m Repents on not the norm. Was probably a mythical crit. But they've been strong for years now.
Buffrat is offline   Reply With Quote