EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Class Discussion (AoM Beta) > Priests
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-12-2014, 09:03 PM   #1
Hammdaddy

So templars, this class at the moment is in a pretty dumb state.
This class is by far the best healer class simply because they can get every tank piece in game and put shield ally on a tank and a monk which basically receives 3 hits in a 10 minute fight will now receive none.
The Divine Waters is an amazing ability, it puts templars in an even better state.
Still would be cool if our CA's received a boost but its not a big deal.
Please delete the templar myth cloak from game because most templars use it for some unknown reason.
Discuss any other templar stuff below
Hammdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:00 PM   #2
Daalilama

sounds like a thinly veiled attempt at a swipe at the class...and if you need to be explained why Templars would still use the myth cloak...well that's a problem.
Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:33 PM   #3
Buffrat

Templars shouldn't be using the myth cloak. That's the fun part. But yeah if Tshell isn't an end-all mechanic next xpac, Templars will wreck. Especially since it sounds like HP is going to scale higher than dps stats again, making Divine Light even more trolls. Guess we'll see in a couple weeks.
Buffrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 11:17 PM   #4
Hammdaddy

Server: Nagafen
Also reading is hard.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:20 PM   #5
Daalilama

What does Nagafen have to do with this Ham?
Old 10-15-2014, 02:28 AM   #6
Hammdaddy

Well obviously you have no idea how basic mechanics work and you just so happen to be from nagafen, those two are commonly associated is all~
Old 10-15-2014, 02:33 AM   #7
Darkon

Templar myth cloak is unwearably bad.
Darkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 04:37 AM   #8
Daalilama

Ham discounting the desire of some Templars to use the myth cloak to get a group version of their stoneskin to provide an element of more survivability to their group is not bad mechanics...maybe not a play style you prefer or the next person but its understandable...to do likewise comes off as somewhat elitist. As for the swipe at me that was just plain weak.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:43 AM   #9
Hammdaddy

Do. You. Not. *******. Understand. The myth cloak does NOTHING for your group survivability because the stoneskin can only trigger when a mob goes to melee you, in other words its targeting you. Grats on maybe getting 1 trigger of it in 3 months. It has nothing to do with being elitist, its understanding how a buff works in a game you play. And you're proving my swipe by still thinking this cloak is good.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:34 PM   #10
Daalilama

Ham where exactly did I say the cloak was good or bad for that matter? I simply stated as in the first response that you are ignoring the desire of some Templars who may want that extra buff on the group which you tried to discount end of story. That makes them neither good or bad players. And you proved nothing plain and simple except that unless players play their classes according to your edict they are guilty of "bad mechanics" which is garbage and that by its very definition is quite elitist.
Old 10-17-2014, 01:05 AM   #11
Samo

I miss having 2 tanks in my group.

As for feedback, please itemize priest shields with decent block chance since they will effectively be nerfed with the upcoming change to equipping lower level items. And for the love of all that's holy, please fix the hit rates on our debuffs requiring the ordination skill. Very irritating having resists when trying to land them early on un-debuffed mobs.
Samo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 04:25 AM   #12
Daalilama

Agreed Samo....the hit rates of our debuffs are kinda weaksauce atm.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:13 PM   #13
Samo

It would be nice if healer skills were added to priest/caster jewellery, or even just priest jewellery. For example: Prismatic Ring of Reliance - this healer-only ring has the following:
Disruption
Subjugation
Focus
Weapon Skills

All of these cool and welcome, but where is the Ministration and Ordination? In order to get these stats up (Ordination specifically, since I believe all Ministration does is reduce the power cost of spells) we can use Astral Adornment of Magical Skill, but in some cases there are more desirable adornment choices for those slots.

Just a small rant, but something that's bothered me for a while.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:56 PM   #14
Daalilama

Yeah the omission of Ministration and Ordination from the rest of the magical skills on items did always seem a bit odd.
Old 10-18-2014, 04:11 PM   #15
Hammdaddy

Doesn't matter if they add those two stats, they don't do much and frankly every piece of jewlery is irrelevant except for practiced/uplifting/challenge duo.
Old 10-18-2014, 04:35 PM   #16
Samo

I agree with you on the second point, but disagree on the first. If I swap magical adorns for something else, debuffs get resisted much more often. The difference is felt mostly on newly spawned adds, but it's definitely there. In any case, I see no reason why all magical skills shouldn't be added to all Mage/priest gear - do you?