EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-01-2012, 03:21 PM   #31
Tyrus Dracofire

Loremaster

i agreed, it is too expensive, it should be cost 29.95 for standard and 39.95 for collector edition.

that expansion is no bigger than the size of Feerrott, i feel it is rip-offf to be priced at 49.95 and 59.95.

no excuses if attempting to say "Slpit-up Packs" like you did with DoV.

CoE and AoD are both the smalliest expansion.

now we the players knows what the next expansion will be, another smaller expansion and overpriced, that is nearly a "straw" the broke the camel., they are to be a major hold out or refusing, or possible "Boycotting" until you get back to original vision and good size of new places to explore.

devs are cutting the corners in my view.

Tyrus Dracofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:53 PM   #32
yohann koldheart

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

that expansion is no bigger than the size of Feerrott, i feel it is rip-offf to be priced at 49.95 and 59.95.

you have no clue what your talking about, the first overland zone is the size of ferrott.

then there is another overland zone and instances scattered around norath TSO style.

yohann koldheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:32 PM   #33
Dreamclouds

Loremaster

In times when entire games can be bought for 59.99 with no monthly fees, the exp are really expensive. You can counter with the movie night expense, or dinner out...

but really what should be compared is the other gaming available in the industry today. Perhaps the most compelling post I have seen was what EQ1 got with their exp packs, so much more than EQ2 is being offered.

It is true that the these prices are consistant with what SOE has charged in the past. But that was really before several other games moved the industry foreward with their "buy the game, play with no monthly " pricing.

I think that lots are thinking that for the price of one expansion, they could buy an entire new game and never have to pay monthlies or exp prices again. So many of our guildies have made this choice already.

I love the commercial for the samsung phone thats out now, where everyone is standing in line waiting for the iphone..listening to snarky and funny reasons that the samsung is a better product, someone even holding a place for their parents in the line... I kinda feel like I am in the Iphone line. And trust me, I really really want to love the product I have...however....

Dreamclouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:48 PM   #34
Mohee

Lord

yohann koldheart wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

you have no clue what your talking about, the first overland zone is the size of ferrott.

then there is another overland zone and instances scattered around norath TSO style.

"New" zones with reused zone assets of the old zones. Maybe some different textures, a tree or building here and there... Playing beta, I dont really feel like much of it is "new" ....

A big example is the new Chelsith instance... wow... it looks so similar to the old chelsith, just a slighty different texture here and there, change the layout a little bit, and they call it new...

The new loping plains? and Feerrott? these zones actually felt so much like the original zones to me, that I am pretty dissapointed...

But then again, I guess they're supposed to?

$40 bucks for mostly copy and pasted world from old stuff? Its not about "do I have enough money" its about "Do we think this is worth it?" ..... So far the answer is no. But most people who play the game are addicts, and like addicts, we will shell out the money for the expansion wether or not we like the product or even need it. 

EQ'ing since 1999
Mohee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:01 PM   #35
Malvin
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Felwithe Freedom Fighters

Loremaster

Brigh wrote:

[email protected] DLere wrote:

Don't forget the other 40 you have to thrown down if you didn't get AoD.  80 bucks just to come back to the game, lol

AoD is not required to play the game.

If you want mercs and want to use the CE merc, then you must get AoD.

Actually, it is required.  If you don't have reforging or the extra 20 AA you can kiss raiding goodbye.  For me to come back to the game I have to pay 80 f'ing dollars for each account.  That is rediculous.  I don't mind that the new expansion is 40 bucks, but having to pay another 40 on top of that is unacceptable.

Malvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:48 PM   #36
Helmarf

Loremaster

Brigh wrote:

Don't forget the other 40 you have to thrown down if you didn't get AoD.  80 bucks just to come back to the game, lol

AoD is not required to play the game.

If you want mercs and want to use the CE merc, then you must get AoD.

Actually, it is required.  If you don't have reforging or the extra 20 AA you can kiss raiding goodbye.  For me to come back to the game I have to pay 80 f'ing dollars for each account.  That is rediculous.  I don't mind that the new expansion is 40 bucks, but having to pay another 40 on top of that is unacceptable.

Another good point as most people raid nowdays in one way or another, i say it again, krono krono krono FTW 

Helmarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:31 AM   #37
General_Info

Lord

you might have a better shot of getting your point through if you went into detail why not having 20 aa and reforging is such a handicap and 'required'.

not being able to spend 20 points on adventure aa isnt a big deal i run around with 300 in adventure and the last 20 in tradeskill merely because any remaining adventure aa boxes are lackluster ones.

as for reforging i'd like you to present me some examples of raid guilds that wont tolerate you not having reforging.

In the end players with reforging will have a stat flexability advantage over you which they paid for and you did not.

Put up the money or stop complaining about a service you have not bought the entitlements to.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:06 AM   #38
Wingrider01

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

yohann koldheart wrote:

Jolemai wrote:

Helmarf, what would you spend 40$ on that you will spend the same amount of time (and possibly enjoyment) on that you would/will on CoE?

this ^

you cant even go to a movie for 2 for 40 bucks.

Uh yes you can, and no I don't go to matinees.

really - where? Taking my daughter to see the Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 for getting straight A's -

2 tickets @ 16.00 = 32.00

1 Large popcorn @ 6.00

2 large sodas @ 5.25 = 10.50

total price 48.50

Yes Jim, the user has experienced the dreaded PICNIC error

Wingrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:38 AM   #39
Rutaq

Loremaster

Dreamclouds wrote:

In times when entire games can be bought for 59.99 with no monthly fees, the exp are really expensive. You can counter with the movie night expense, or dinner out...

but really what should be compared is the other gaming available in the industry today. Perhaps the most compelling post I have seen was what EQ1 got with their exp packs, so much more than EQ2 is being offered.

It is true that the these prices are consistant with what SOE has charged in the past. But that was really before several other games moved the industry foreward with their "buy the game, play with no monthly " pricing.

I think that lots are thinking that for the price of one expansion, they could buy an entire new game and never have to pay monthlies or exp prices again. So many of our guildies have made this choice already.

I love the commercial for the samsung phone thats out now, where everyone is standing in line waiting for the iphone..listening to snarky and funny reasons that the samsung is a better product, someone even holding a place for their parents in the line... I kinda feel like I am in the Iphone line. And trust me, I really really want to love the product I have...however....

As a long time MMO players,  I can assure you that the FTP and B2P games don't match up well.  the most recent B2P MMO has so little content and limted character options that most of my friends left after 1 month and came back to their REAL MMOs like EQ2.

Who knows what the future may bring but at the moment there aren't any B2P MMOs that have any decent amount of content.

At the end of the day, games / content take thousands of man hours to create.  The people don't work for free so the content must be funded and I prefer that everyone pay's their fair share and buy the expansion versus subsidizing content on the backs of players that purchase items on the Marketplace.

Rutaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:22 AM   #40
Helmarf

Loremaster

General_Info wrote:

you might have a better shot of getting your point through if you went into detail why not having 20 aa and reforging is such a handicap and 'required'.

not being able to spend 20 points on adventure aa isnt a big deal i run around with 300 in adventure and the last 20 in tradeskill merely because any remaining adventure aa boxes are lackluster ones.

as for reforging i'd like you to present me some examples of raid guilds that wont tolerate you not having reforging.

In the end players with reforging will have a stat flexability advantage over you which they paid for and you did not.

Put up the money or stop complaining about a service you have not bought the entitlements to.

I yet havent seen a raider not using reforging so im not sure what you are on about as  "this is a most have" for a raider! 20 AA's, every litlle extra counts.

But i think you miss the point here, introduce the option to pay for the expansion with kronos the same way people use them for monthly subs.

Old 11-02-2012, 01:49 PM   #41
Mohee

Lord

nevermind... lol

EQ'ing since 1999
Mohee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:44 AM   #42
Wirewhisker
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Collateral Damage

Loremaster

General_Info wrote:

Meanwhile, CCP still releases expansions for Eve-Online for free.

^^^^ This

EVE is a pure pvp game. EQ2 is a mixed pve/pvp that makes a difference in expansion costs, i bet if soe made enough money from subs to make expansions they would.

That's a bunch of rot, there is a very extensive PVE community in E-O that never activates their weapons in anger at another person, not to mention a very robust tradeskill community.

Wirewhisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:00 PM   #43
Freejazzlive

Loremaster

I don't think COE is "too expensive," I just think that there are other things on which I'd much rather spend that money.

Golgi Apparati, Swashbuckler of Freeport

Aheedi Adaephon, Warlock of Freeport
Freejazzlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #44
Cratoh

Loremaster

Rather than CoE being too expensive, what we might be looking at is the fact that charging the same price as a whole new game AND then expecting people to pay $15 every month as well is a bit much for the meagre amount of content on offer is comparison to said new title.

People would be alot happier I am sure with paying for a sub and getting free content, or not having to pay membership and coughing up $60 per annum for an expac. At this stage in EQ2 asking for both seems... meh.

Forum - 1. a meeting or assembly for the open discussion of subjects of public interest

Censorship - deleting parts of publications or correspondence.

"Where there is official censorship it is a sign that speech is serious"
Cratoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #45
Tylia
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Test of Time

Loremaster

Geothe wrote:

Its an expansion.Expansions are always $40 when they first come out./shrug

Now what is a VALID complaint is the cost of the Collectors Edition with the majority of the "collector" bonuses just being SC trash.  That is shady IMO

Exactly.  It's the same price as past expansions when released.  So many people are clamoring to get everything for nothing now days.  It does cost money to create and implement this game.  It isn't done for free so the money has to come from somewhere to pay the bills.

Also, they have added items to the CE that help make it more "worth" the price.  SMILEY

Tylia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:37 PM   #46
Helmarf

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Geothe wrote:

Its an expansion.Expansions are always $40 when they first come out./shrug

Now what is a VALID complaint is the cost of the Collectors Edition with the majority of the "collector" bonuses just being SC trash.  That is shady IMO

Exactly.  It's the same price as past expansions when released.  So many people are clamoring to get everything for nothing now days.  It does cost money to create and implement this game.  It isn't done for free so the money has to come from somewhere to pay the bills.

Also, they have added items to the CE that help make it more "worth" the price. 

Ya maybe the price have gone up lately on the 0 and 1, but the point is "again" we could pay for it with kronos 

Old 11-03-2012, 08:08 PM   #47
Regolas

Loremaster

I don't think it's that expensive. When you have more than one account it stings a bit, but $40 once a year is not excessive.
Regolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:22 AM   #48
Morrias
Guild: Dynasty Reborn

Loremaster

The expansions now (DoV and CoE) are a lot smaller than the expansions before them with a lot less GU content, but $40 is still a decent price especially in comparison to what other MMOs offer.

AoD really should be included though, not sure why it's not, first time since KoS that a previous expansion wasn't included in the new expansion. Guess SoE wants to milk money from it for mercs still. :

Morrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:00 PM   #49
Freejazzlive

Loremaster

Wingrider01 wrote:

really - where? Taking my daughter to see the Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 for getting straight A's -

1 Large popcorn @ 6.00

total price 48.50

The last movie I saw was Prometheus. My older brother & I paid a total of $36 between us: 2 tickets at $14 each, 2 sodas for $4 each. We got a nearly brand-new 3D screen with brand-new 3D glasses. It helps, a great deal, to simply avoid the garbage popcorn -- but even if we'd got some, we still would have paid substantially less than $48. FWIW, I live in the San Francisco Bay Area.

As for the CoE itself, I've seen nothing about it that interests me, & as a non-raider I'm very glad I didn't spend $40 on AoD -- someone else bought it for me, & I honestly wish she hadn't done so, as IMO the only part that was worth anything at all is the mercenaries, & they're so freekin' overpowered as to make the game mostly dull. Instead, my gaming money is being spent on the Baldur's Gate re-do, & stuff I need for my miniatures wargaming.

Golgi Apparati, Swashbuckler of Freeport

Aheedi Adaephon, Warlock of Freeport
Freejazzlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:43 PM   #50
Wingrider01

Loremaster

Freejazzlive wrote:

Wingrider01 wrote:

1 Large popcorn @ 6.00

total price 48.50

The last movie I saw was Prometheus. My older brother & I paid a total of $36 between us: 2 tickets at $14 each, 2 sodas for $4 each. We got a nearly brand-new 3D screen with brand-new 3D glasses. It helps, a great deal, to simply avoid the garbage popcorn -- but even if we'd got some, we still would have paid substantially less than $48. FWIW, I live in the San Francisco Bay Area.

As for the CoE itself, I've seen nothing about it that interests me, & as a non-raider I'm very glad I didn't spend $40 on AoD -- someone else bought it for me, & I honestly wish she hadn't done so, as IMO the only part that was worth anything at all is the mercenaries, & they're so freekin' overpowered as to make the game mostly dull. Instead, my gaming money is being spent on the Baldur's Gate re-do, & stuff I need for my miniatures wargaming.

the prices quoted are pretty much the standard in this locality, some are even higher for Imax and other perks (by the way the theatre is one of the few left that actually have popcorn poppers on site and does not use pre-popped. You missed the 40.00 mark by 4 bucks for a 3 hour entertainment period that is over and done with, but you are not willing to spend 4 bucks more for something that is ever changing.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:21 PM   #51
HadleysHope

Loremaster

If you guys actually met the people that put this together and realise how much of their blood sweat and tears go into making this, honestly, $40 is not much.  In this day and age when you get SO little for $40 this to me seems like a bargain.

HH

HadleysHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:24 PM   #52
Ulrichvon

Loremaster

My only complaint is $40 should include AoD.

Having to buy 2 xpacs to return to this game is way too much $$$.

Old 11-06-2012, 03:50 AM   #53
d1anaw

Loremaster

Wingrider01 wrote:

1 Large popcorn @ 6.00

total price 48.50

We don't buy refreshments when we go, mostly cuz I don't want to miss the movie running to the bathroom. But if you go to an IMAX, I believe it is like $17 just for the ticket. We just got back from San Diego for the weekend and I don't think we spent much less than $40 for any of our dinners the entire time we were there. Plus each tank of gas was another $40. Admission to the Ren Faire was $17 a piece. And then there was the cost of the hotel. And while I'd rather have spent the weekend in San Diego, making it worth the cost, the fact is, all that is done and that was a LOT Of money. I can replay this game as long as the service is still up and running. As I said, it's all relative. Now, I would not see a thing wrong with lowering the price. But when you are comparing whether something is worth it, you have to look at the big picture. As for the CE, do the math. Add up the SC cost of those items and see if it adds up before proclaiming "it's sc crap". Yeah it is, but what's the better deal?

d1anaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:16 AM   #54
Zergosch

Loremaster

I´m still disapointed, that it was promissed, that content comes with GUs and should be free. But some extra features, we  had to pay ^^ that´s one reason i bought AoD oX.

Well i did pre ordered, but i still dislike that european have to pay more (thats why i say, its to expensive ^^). Perhaps i got some accounts..... might be a reason too.... perhaps SoE should include a gold recuring edition.

Zergosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:35 AM   #55
Zorastiz
Guild: Dressed To Kill

Loremaster

Wingrider01 wrote:

yohann koldheart wrote:

Jolemai wrote:

Helmarf, what would you spend 40$ on that you will spend the same amount of time (and possibly enjoyment) on that you would/will on CoE?

this ^

1 Large popcorn @ 6.00

total price 48.50

Tickets are $8.00 here, I don't buy the food or drink at the theater, that truly is a rip off, anyways we can go to a new movie for $16.00 total.

Zorastiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #56
Wingrider01

Loremaster

Ulrichvon wrote:

My only complaint is $40 should include AoD.

Having to buy 2 xpacs to return to this game is way too much $$$.

the other popular game that just released a expansion does not include ANY of their previous expansions, so technically you are still ahead, if you where two behind on that game you need 80 to update - and you can;t skip expansions, to start anwer will run you close to 100 or more

Old 11-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #57
Wingrider01

Loremaster

Wingrider01 wrote:

yohann koldheart wrote:

Jolemai wrote:

this ^

1 Large popcorn @ 6.00

total price 48.50

Tickets are $8.00 here, I don't buy the food or drink at the theater, that truly is a rip off, anyways we can go to a new movie for $16.00 total.

moot point, but you don;t go with kids do you? that is what it will cost me to take my daughter to see the movie she wants to see, that is what I will pay, just like 40.00 is what I will pay of rthe expansion. Don;t really care about the toys that are included, still have not claimed any from previous expansions, personally don;t need gimmicks. Paid 40 for the other games expansions and got nothing at all except for the license key with it

Done with this line, ticket prices like gas prices vary greatly depending on the location, the popularity of the movie and the extras that are purchased, have taken the kids to a special that only cost me 5 bucks to get all of us in because of the outside temperature.

40 is the price, if you don;t like it then don;t spend it is what it boils down to.

Old 11-06-2012, 12:54 PM   #58
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster

$40/$60 is far too much for another 3 levels of grinding in Chelsith.  Over scripted group zones, stair step gear reqs (instead of a steady slope).  Server populations so low only crafters talk in public channels.

4 accounts/pre-orders canceled.

Thought i would be here til the lights got turned off, tbh.  They turned a vibrant living breathing world into PAC-MAN.

No you can't have my plat.  Enjoy your game.

CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #59
The-Plethora

Loremaster

I have 2 accounts but will cancel the pre-order one one account till I can afford it. I would rather grind the money to get Krono and let someone else buy it really.

'Collectors Edition' did make me laugh, what am I collecting? it is an entirely virtual product and you can't even buy a boxed copy of the expansion. No nice printed maps, no cool EQ2 coin or anything like that, needless to say I will go for the standard edition only. Sony needs to stop treating this game as a test bed for EQ next and decide on a pricing structure / approach and stick with it.

The-Plethora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #60
Zorastiz
Guild: Dressed To Kill

Loremaster

Wingrider01 wrote:

Wingrider01 wrote:

yohann koldheart wrote:

Jolemai wrote:

this ^

1 Large popcorn @ 6.00

total price 48.50

moot point, but you don;t go with kids do you? that is what it will cost me to take my daughter to see the movie she wants to see, that is what I will pay, just like 40.00 is what I will pay of rthe expansion. Don;t really care about the toys that are included, still have not claimed any from previous expansions, personally don;t need gimmicks. Paid 40 for the other games expansions and got nothing at all except for the license key with it

Done with this line, ticket prices like gas prices vary greatly depending on the location, the popularity of the movie and the extras that are purchased, have taken the kids to a special that only cost me 5 bucks to get all of us in because of the outside temperature.

40 is the price, if you don;t like it then don;t spend it is what it boils down to.

I don't have kids, never wanted any, we have dogs and they don't like to go to the movies with us so I just go with my wife.

I have the $40 bucks for the regular version and I have the $60 bucks for the CE, I just haven't decided to buy this expansion yet.

Zorastiz is offline   Reply With Quote