EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-25-2012, 09:32 AM   #1
Thulia
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Kindred

Loremaster

i have all 10 hotbars maxed out on several of my toons, now with all the new spells we getting from the new prestige points and all the new things from the tradeskill prestige points i have no space to put them anywhere, can you pls add at least 2 more hotbars

Thulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:43 AM   #2
General_Info

Lord

It's not SOE's problem that you have an inablity to prioritize what you really need on toolbars. i fail to see why anyone should need to fill all their hotbars with abilities, all the highest level combat skills you possess can fit on 2-3 bars.

Anything not used for combat can be accessed from your knowlege book and any buffs can fit on a fourth bar not displayed onscreen configured to snap to and back to the primary hotkey bank from two configured hotkeys.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:20 AM   #3
Koleg
Server: Unrest_old

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

i have all 10 hotbars maxed out on several of my toons, now with all the new spells we getting from the new prestige points and all the new things from the tradeskill prestige points i have no space to put them anywhere, can you pls add at least 2 more hotbars

#1 ... learn how to use Macros which are supported in the game now, they will free up a huge amount of space.

#2 ... learn how to use the keyboard layout and maybe save off a Tradeskill and adventuring setup to swap back and forth.

Koleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:54 AM   #4
Zergosch

Loremaster

#3 Let the player choose how many hotbars he needs?

Sure, this is not a solution, but i know the problem..... there is much more you can, have to put in SMILEY far beyond spells, cas, macros ^^

Well, i dont think any red will response to this anyhow ^^

Zergosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:13 AM   #5
Thulia
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Kindred

Loremaster

looks like you never played a raiding healer, potions and signets are 1 hotbar alone, i have 2 hotbars full just with buffs, 1 hotbar with spells another one with melee version of it, debuffs other clickies and what not,  i know lots of people that are maxed out, if you don't need more thats great for you nobody said you have to have all of them open so stop telling others how to play

Thulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #6
daray

Loremaster

I remember asking a dev about this a while ago, and being told "no" due to performance reasons. If I had to guess, that's probably still going to be the case.

daray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:24 AM   #7
Koleg
Server: Unrest_old

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

looks like you never played a raiding healer, potions and signets are 1 hotbar alone, i have 2 hotbars full just with buffs, 1 hotbar with spells another one with melee version of it, debuffs other clickies and what not,  i know lots of people that are maxed out, if you don't need more thats great for you nobody said you have to have all of them open so stop telling others how to play

You have 120 hotbars positions without 3rd party UI additions in the current mode and thats before you even think about getting creative macros.  Most other games with give you 24 at best and even though that is not an argument it is a prespective.  EQ2 has lots of options and one of those options is to be ignorant on how to best use those options.

Koleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #8
Rainmare
Server: Oasis
Guild: Pillage

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

okay let me get this right. you are a healing class..one that can spec for melee, obviously.

I know my mystic only gets 4 abilities that convert to melee abilites.

why woudl a healer carry any potion besides mana potions and maybe the cures? what signets do you carry? I never saw a raiding healer that carried signets. pretty much everything there's a signent for, other then maybe the mass rez one, an actual class does better.

right now on my 90 mystic, I got 5 visible hotbars. and everything I have any need for is on those 5. all his heals, cures, rezzes, dmg spells, the melee version of the 4 spells that convert, aa abilties (granted he only has 200 aa I beleive, maybe a little less) buffs, antideaths, emergencies...all on 5 hotbars that show, and I still got room to put things like the manastone, which is pretty much the only clicky item I have ever put on any toons hotbars.

the last one I flip down one notch, adn there are my gate spells. so out of 10 pissble hotbars, I got everything I ever use on half of them. granted I may do some rearranging later, like remoing some o fthe like 4 rezzes to put in other abilities.

I just cannot see for the life of me needing all 10 hotbars of actual combat needed stuff. even as a healer...unless you loading it with '1 in 100k odds of needing it' items.

hell my 92 paladin has a hotbar with 7 different macros just for switching appearance armor sets and I STILL have hotbars I haven't even touched.

Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:55 AM   #9
Leawyn

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

okay let me get this right. you are a healing class..one that can spec for melee, obviously.

why woudl a healer carry any potion besides mana potions and maybe the cures? what signets do you carry? I never saw a raiding healer that carried signets. pretty much everything there's a signent for, other then maybe the mass rez one, an actual class does better.

Stun and stifle break pots and signets, fear break pots and signets, AE avoid signet, mana regen signets, power root, hearts, shards, manastone, tinkered mana stone. Those alone take up 1 1/2 hotbars for me (I have 2 of each kind of signet). And that's just on my mystic. My non-healer classes fill up the other half of that hotbar with cure potions as well.

I have a full hotbar of buffs, plus 3 others. I don't want to macro them because stuff occasionally gets dispelled and its easier for me to notice the hotbutton lit up rather than noticing the buff missing out of my maintained bar.

Hotkeys to swap in and click my solstice earring and my shared pain earring. Hotkeys to swap between my 2h weapon and my 1h+sheild. At least 3 different clicky hotkeys for some scripts.

Three full hotbars of abilities that I use in 90% of combat. Having stuff that you might only click once in a while doesn't make the hotkey any less valuable.

Now all that being said, I am not asking for more hotbars. I take off stuff when needed (usually old item clickies from old scripts we no longer do) but I can easily see how you can fill all 12 hotbars. I  have on several characters.

Maelani | Maelya | Maerie | Maehymn | Maewyn | Maekita | Maelynne
Leawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:17 PM   #10
Tylia
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Test of Time

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

right now on my 90 mystic, I got 5 visible hotbars. and everything I have any need for is on those 5. all his heals, cures, rezzes, dmg spells, the melee version of the 4 spells that convert, aa abilties (granted he only has 200 aa I beleive, maybe a little less) buffs, antideaths, emergencies...all on 5 hotbars that show, and I still got room to put things like the manastone, which is pretty much the only clicky item I have ever put on any toons hotbars.

the last one I flip down one notch, adn there are my gate spells. so out of 10 pissble hotbars, I got everything I ever use on half of them. granted I may do some rearranging later, like remoing some o fthe like 4 rezzes to put in other abilities.

I just cannot see for the life of me needing all 10 hotbars of actual combat needed stuff. even as a healer...unless you loading it with '1 in 100k odds of needing it' items.

hell my 92 paladin has a hotbar with 7 different macros just for switching appearance armor sets and I STILL have hotbars I haven't even touched.

Well, since you asked.. on my Mystic I carry Freedom of Action, Freedom of Mind, Robust potions of Piety, Constitution, and Clarity.  Signet of Replenishment, Signet of Greater Replinishment, Redemption of Failure, Greater Redemption of Failure, tinkered manastones, regular manastone, and a power root.. each of which occupies a slot on a hotbar.  I also have a slot for a power root, one for hearts and one for shards.  Those are just things I carry that I put on my hotbars.  (And I must be missing something because I can only find 3 spells that convert to melee versions.. Chilling Strike, Plagueish Strike, and Glacial Strike.)

Besides the typical heals, wards, cures, rezzs, buffs, temp buffs, death prevent, deaggro, pet call and bite, emergency heal and wards, mob debuffs, and fighting spells and hits, I also have macro's for a few different things on my hotbars.  I also have my calls, mount call, and slots for totems I regularly use.  Now I've got empty slots scattered through out my hotbars so I'm only actually "using" 11 but another hotbar or two would still be welcomed.  My fury on the other hand, has no extra room at all.

And yay for you that you can use so few hotbars.  What I don't understand is why the aggression towards someone who is simply asking for something that would improve their game playstyle and have absolutely no effect on you what so ever?

Tylia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:28 PM   #11
Kraeref

Champion

Sorry for jumping in but may i ask a question? Why so many power items. Doesn't your raid includes at least one coercer? If you have one at least two groups won't have any issues with not having power. And lets be honest... I play fury btw too in purs only and coer in regular raids with my guild... pretty much to avoid the nasty power drains in major cases is precure dots... you i am very sure know without me... coer and pre curing would already save you few hotkeys... plz don't take it wrong... i am not trying to be nusty or insult anybody here... it's just my two cents
Old 10-25-2012, 01:38 PM   #12
Kraeref

Champion

@OP: knowing kindred from everfrost you probably already gotten either a belt or a charm with a red slot. Adorn it with vellium cipher. It's a nice power replenishment solution without taking a hotkey
Old 10-26-2012, 12:04 PM   #13
Tylia

Loremaster

Kraeref wrote:

Sorry for jumping in but may i ask a question? Why so many power items. Doesn't your raid includes at least one coercer? If you have one at least two groups won't have any issues with not having power. And lets be honest... I play fury btw too in purs only and coer in regular raids with my guild... pretty much to avoid the nasty power drains in major cases is precure dots... you i am very sure know without me... coer and pre curing would already save you few hotkeys... plz don't take it wrong... i am not trying to be nusty or insult anybody here... it's just my two cents

It's called being prepared for any situation.  Yes, we usually have at least one coercer.  Sometimes we even have an Illy.  What does that have to do with anything?   Sure, they are power regen, but why should I not take some of my own responsibility for power regen instead of completely relying on the chanter in the raid?  I also play solo a lot as raiding is not my entire game life.  The tools are out there and available to anyone, why not use them? 

And just as an aside.. there are times when pre-curing will not completely solve your power issue. 

Edit to add: As an afterthought, the chanter has taken a dirt nap.  My power is gone and the group needs a heal now.  What do I do?  I saved a few hotkeys and took all my power regen off my hotbars.  Wait a sec.. let me open my bags and find my tinkered manastone.. hang on.. Ok.. got it.  Wha... you're all dead.  I'm sorry.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:25 PM   #14
Rainmare
Guild: Pillage

Loremaster

even in your example, all I would need is clarity potion/manastone. more then enough power for a group heal and probably even a rez. having 8 different mana restorers is like a hoarder complex. or how about emergency group ward or heal/rez signet the chanter and zap we have power again. I just can't see how you'd be going through that much power even on a raid unless your like attempting a hard mode mob with a force that is woefully undergeared or prepared for it.

and if your soloing and eatting up that much power...your either doing it wrong, or your doing something like let me see if i can kill that 3 levels higher then me triple up named mob there. I mean my mystic soloing throuh WL in DoV quest gear has never once gone below like 70% power

but that aside. my concern with your reasoning in particular, is if they gave you 5 more hotbars, you'd be back here in 3 days asking for more because you would have loaded them up with all the damage signets 'just in case I need that little extra damage someday.'

you just have to prioritize. remove things from your hotbars that you only use once in a blue moon. for something you actually use consistantly.

Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:09 PM   #15
Mermut

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

even in your example, all I would need is clarity potion/manastone. more then enough power for a group heal and probably even a rez. having 8 different mana restorers is like a hoarder complex. or how about emergency group ward or heal/rez signet the chanter and zap we have power again. I just can't see how you'd be going through that much power even on a raid unless your like attempting a hard mode mob with a force that is woefully undergeared or prepared for it.

and if your soloing and eatting up that much power...your either doing it wrong, or your doing something like let me see if i can kill that 3 levels higher then me triple up named mob there. I mean my mystic soloing throuh WL in DoV quest gear has never once gone below like 70% power

but that aside. my concern with your reasoning in particular, is if they gave you 5 more hotbars, you'd be back here in 3 days asking for more because you would have loaded them up with all the damage signets 'just in case I need that little extra damage someday.'

you just have to prioritize. remove things from your hotbars that you only use once in a blue moon. for something you actually use consistantly.

You've never done some of the massive power drain raids with only 1-2 chanters, I gather. There have been fights where even my warden, with the power proc on my own heals, cannot keep powered without just potion and multiple manastones. Even with a mystic in my group using spirit tap to good effect.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #16
Tylia

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

It's not "hoarding" at all.  Each of the power items has a cool down, and heavy power draining fights do not allow you to wait for the power item you just used to refresh.  The quested manastone gives a pitiful amount of power, and the clarity potions are weak as well when compared to current power pools.  While it's true that they may give you enough power to cast a spell or two, if another power draining AoE hits and all you've had time to do is cast your little manastone and clarity potion, then zap.. you are out of power again.  Now the stone and potion are down.. the chanter is power feeding another group.. what are you going to do?  How about.. clicking on that tinkered manastone on your hotbar.. oh wait.. it's not on your hotbar because you only use it "once in a blue moon".  It's not "hoarding".  It's taking personal responsibility.

Now as far as soloing goes, I can solo on my Mystic as well and never have power problems, but have you ever played a power hungry, fast casting Fury?  True, it would have to be a long fight for her to run out of power, but she is not afraid of ^^^ names 3 levels higher than her and she has lots of power items on her hotbars to help sustain her through the long fight.  SMILEY

I still haven't figured out why  you are so against someone asking for more hotbars.  It wouldn't affect your game play at all and would just make somone else's a bit more enjoyable.  SMILEY

Old 10-26-2012, 03:39 PM   #17
Hennyo

Loremaster

There is a very simple solution for everyone out there running into issues with running out of hotbar space. See there is this in game command out there that goes like this "/savehotkeys name", and "/loadhotkeys name". Basically what I am saying is this, while it is easy to fill all 10 hotbar with all the various things you can put on hotbars for various things in the game, I have never seen a single case where someone needed more than the full 120 buttons a single activity. So what I do, and others can do as well, I have a single button on my hotbars that has a macro that switches between 3 different hotbar configurations depending on what I am doing. I can continue to add as many configurations as I need to, if the demand for more hotbar buttons so arises. People being poor at using the games built in management tools is not something SOE should have to bend over backwards to hold their hand and fix. I would like to say tho, this isn't to say there are not many things in the UI that shouldn't be improved, I just feel that this certainly isn't one of them.
Hennyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:59 PM   #18
Ulrichvon

Loremaster

Hennyo wrote:

There is a very simple solution for everyone out there running into issues with running out of hotbar space. See there is this in game command out there that goes like this "/savehotkeys name", and "/loadhotkeys name". Basically what I am saying is this, while it is easy to fill all 10 hotbar with all the various things you can put on hotbars for various things in the game, I have never seen a single case where someone needed more than the full 120 buttons a single activity. So what I do, and others can do as well, I have a single button on my hotbars that has a macro that switches between 3 different hotbar configurations depending on what I am doing. I can continue to add as many configurations as I need to, if the demand for more hotbar buttons so arises. People being poor at using the games built in management tools is not something SOE should have to bend over backwards to hold their hand and fix. I would like to say tho, this isn't to say there are not many things in the UI that shouldn't be improved, I just feel that this certainly isn't one of them.

Pretty much this.

I use a similar setup where that toggle button in set1 loads set2.  The toggle on set2 loads set3, and the toggle on set3 returns to set1.  So I just cycle thru them depending on what I might be doing.  They are loosely raid/heroic/solo, and the only reason I need these is encounter specific macros I've setup that make me lazy == happy.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:24 PM   #19
Rahatmattata

Loremaster

People are actually against this request? How could the option to open more hotbars possibly be seen as a bad thing? Some people like to argue on the web too much.

A Cure For Cancer
Rahatmattata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:16 AM   #20
Jaezah

Loremaster

Seriously, can we all not accept that everyone plays differently?  The OP wants 10 hotbars.  If you aren't going to use 10 hotbars, don't tell them how to play.  Just go away.  

Luv too how the lvl 90 mystic is telling the raid healers what they should & shouldn't have on their hotbar.  I'm hoping they typo'd and meant 92.  Geez...

Jaezah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:41 AM   #21
Frijoles
Guild: Destined for Glory

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

(...)

And yay for you that you can use so few hotbars.  What I don't understand is why the aggression towards someone who is simply asking for something that would improve their game playstyle and have absolutely no effect on you what so ever?

+1

Frijoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:35 PM   #22
Helmarf

Loremaster

I was just about to ask for the same, i simply need more hotbars. The nay sayers have probably never played a raid healer and have absolutely no clue how much space you need 

Helmarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #23
Regolas

Loremaster

I use 4 hotbars for everything I need during a fight on all my 92's. I find 5+ hotbars take up too much screen real estate. But I rarely raid, rarely use pots and have not spent the time to configure lots of fancy macros. After reading this, I may look into it (pots and macros that is). But I'll always try to limit my hotbars to 4 on screen. 5 at a push.
Regolas is offline   Reply With Quote