EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Guide Events
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-23-2011, 08:46 PM   #31
Mystfit

Loremaster

I just noticed this forum and the updates within. I've been having piles of fun on the AB server with my first taste of guides and my main is looking ever so foreward to them here on Freeport. Her master, however, is sick as a pup with a cold and will be in bed within the hour and unable to partake of the later festivities...unless the nyquil wears off. If I miss it, I want to say, yay for guides and I look foreward to meeing more of you in the future~

Old 12-23-2011, 09:03 PM   #32
Squeecha

Senior Guide

Riddle Me This

Does fun with quests seem your thing?Then joyous news do I bring.Today at 5 in Kelethin,A Riddle Contest will begin.

Or, for those less rhymatically inclined, today (12/23) at about 5 Pacific, if you are interested, there will be a young Halfling challenging adventurers to a riddle contest. He will be in the city of Kelethin, but at a location that should be available for those of.. less stellar alignments.

Everyone who participates will get a prize, but the winner gets the main prize.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:40 PM   #33
Katttara

Lord

thank you for the rounds of riddlin...twas fun...hope ya do it more!  =)

Kat :@
Katttara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:59 PM   #34
Andemon

Loremaster

There's an unannounced aether race in TS right now, but I finished in 126 seconds (fastest on server so far) and got no prize. Did someone trigger it accidentally? SMILEY

Andemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:14 PM   #35
Mystfit

Loremaster

One of them is triggered by doing it 5 times I think? 

Old 12-26-2011, 10:47 PM   #36
Andemon

Loremaster

Still active, ran it six times. Nothing.I wonder if this has anything to do with the crash that we had today, it's been active since then.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:52 AM   #37
Squeecha

Senior Guide

No, the Aether Race is not related to the other.

That was triggered yesterday by me. And it was announced on the server and when it went up and when it went down later.

As for the prize mention, if you got a prize from it previously, I don't "think" you get it again. Of course, I coulds be wrong. It's morning yet.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:23 PM   #38
Isulith

Community Relations

We will be continuing the round of Frostfell guide quests this week starting today: December 27, 2011. I (Isulith) will be on hand starting at around 8:30 PM PST. We will then have someone from our Community team there tomorrow, December 28, 2011 at 11:00 AM PST and I will be around again at 8:30 PM PST. Merry Frostfell everyone!

Isulith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:42 PM   #39
Squeecha

Senior Guide

Also, this evening (12/27) at around 5 PM Pacific time, those in the vicinity of the entrance to Neriak might keep their eyes open for a tiny Gnome needing help to win the affections of his lady love.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:04 AM   #40
Andemon

Loremaster

Squeecha wrote:

No, the Aether Race is not related to the other.

That was triggered yesterday by me. And it was announced on the server and when it went up and when it went down later.

As for the prize mention, if you got a prize from it previously, I don't "think" you get it again. Of course, I coulds be wrong. It's morning yet.

I ran it with a new alt who hadn't got any disks yet. Fastest time on the server but no prize...also asked a couple of other racers about it, they didn't get one either.

Ah well, at least it was worth some xp.

Old 12-28-2011, 01:18 PM   #41
Squeecha

Senior Guide

As far as I knows, the only prize is the one Crash Pad.

Old 12-28-2011, 05:40 PM   #42
Arcturys

Lord

Isulith wrote:

For Thursday, December 22, 2011, Charbon will be on Freeport at 12:00 PM PST and Brasse will be on at 7:30 PM PST to offer out a few more Frostfell quests.

NOOOOOoooooo......!!!

I was the one pushing for this and I missed it! SMILEY

I had a busy pre-Christmas week, and when I got around to checking my other thread where you announced the guide program would be starting for Freeport, it was too late. Well nuts. Thank you for getting this going at least.

Is there any other word on more appearances with only 1 week of Frostfell left? Would still really like to do the "Lost Frostfell Gifts."

Speaking of that though, one of my alts was wandering around in West Freeport and suddenly the quest just popped up in my face. I didn't speak to anyone, and there were no guides around either. Did you guys implement that? And is it only for Freeport (the city I mean)?

ZAM says it's repeatable, but when I tried to do it on my other main, I wandered around in Qeynos Harbor for a while but he never got the quest pop-up. I don't know if it just isn't working for Qeynos Harbor, or if the quest just isn't repeatable. I guess I'll try on some other alts to see what happens.

Arcturys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:53 PM   #43
Squeecha

Senior Guide

No, it isn't repeatable really.

As for it popping up, that sounds a bit odd, but it's possible there was someone there. The characters that hand it out don't have the "Guide" title, so if you were just looking  for that you wouldn't have seen them. That may have been when one of the Community folks was around doing it.

However, yes, it should be running at least once or so more before the fun ends.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:26 PM   #44
shots01

Lord

Squeecha wrote:

Hush bug.

Ha!! I'm not the only one that calls them bugs!!!

So says Justabug SMILEY

shots01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:27 PM   #45
shots01

Lord

Squeecha wrote:

As for it popping up, that sounds a bit odd, but it's possible there was someone there. The characters that hand it out don't have the "Guide" title, so if you were just looking  for that you wouldn't have seen them. That may have been when one of the Community folks was around doing it.

However, yes, it should be running at least once or so more before the fun ends.

Oh I hope so.  I really like the Lost Frostfell gift quest.

So when I see the message pop up about a commotion at the frostfell tree I should make a run for qeynos harbor??

Old 12-28-2011, 07:29 PM   #46
shots01

Lord

Lunie wrote:

I been waiting at the Frostfell Tree to find out the disturbance that was felt world wide near it.  Now, I hear there's a guide in Freeport.  Kinda sucks that I'm a Qeynosian, and still heard that red-blurb about the disturbance, but can't get to it. 

This is what I am talking about.  Oh I see so your message said specifically in west freeport?  Last night the message did not say where.  Just a disturbance at the tree.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:31 PM   #47
Mystfit

Loremaster

I attended one of the ones yesterday that popped up a server wide message that happened to be in Q. You're right, it doesn't specificy which tree SMILEY

Old 12-28-2011, 07:32 PM   #48
shots01

Lord

Isulith wrote:

We will be continuing the round of Frostfell guide quests this week starting today: December 27, 2011. I (Isulith) will be on hand starting at around 8:30 PM PST. We will then have someone from our Community team there tomorrow, December 28, 2011 at 11:00 AM PST and I will be around again at 8:30 PM PST. Merry Frostfell everyone!

That is today.  Where do i go?  Qeynos harbor?? I so don't want to miss this!

Old 12-28-2011, 07:49 PM   #49
Squeecha

Senior Guide

It doesn't specify which tree because it's an oops that it's going out to everyone everywhere. It's only "supposed" to be going out in the one zone.

As for which city they'll be doing it in this evening.. THAT I don't know. Maybe Isulith will illuminate us.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:53 PM   #50
shots01

Lord

Squeecha wrote:

It doesn't specify which tree because it's an oops that it's going out to everyone everywhere. It's only "supposed" to be going out in the one zone.

As for which city they'll be doing it in this evening.. THAT I don't know. Maybe Isulith will illuminate us.

power of cheese?

cheese?  yer not Furious, he has his own name here doesn't he?

Cheese!! YUMMM

Old 12-29-2011, 02:42 PM   #51
Arcturys

Lord

shots01 wrote:

So when I see the message pop up about a commotion at the frostfell tree I should make a run for qeynos harbor??

Wait... THAT's what that was?! I saw that yesterday for the city of Freeport, but I have also been there for the "commotion" that turned out to be the execution. So I ignored it, thinking it was that again. Ugh...

I don't suppose you guys can come up with a different announcement to differentiate it? Also, it wasn't announced anywhere else (not even here), and if you happened to miss/ignore that message in game, you'd never know that the quest was there.

Old 12-29-2011, 02:47 PM   #52
Arcturys

Lord

Squeecha wrote:

Okay I didn't think so. Was pretty sure ZAM was wrong on that part. But also, I took my guardian to Qeynos because he's good and wouldn't survive two seconds in Freeport with the new uber guards Lucan brought back with him. But yeah, I hailed some NPC called the Doombringer I think it was. And Aimee. She just said the same thing as last time about wanting to dye her fur black. So I ran around and around and suddenly the quest popped up on my screen. Obviously I accepted, but I have no idea how I got the quest in the first place.

Thank goodness it will be run some more. Yay!

But please can someone give us some good forewarning? If it's only once more, I don't want to miss it. It's still a bit of a bummer because I still have 7 toons I wanted to run through this quest, and obviously Freeport server has missed out on having this quest for nearly 3/4 of the Frostfell event. Squeezing an extra couple or so in would be greatly appreciated!

Squeecha wrote:

Maybe I should read everything before replying. Okay that's very problematic. If we don't know ahead of time which city, and the announcement is only supposed to be going out in the city, not the whole server, then most people will never know it even happened. Basically, if it's working the way you suggest it *should* be working, then we'd never know! SMILEY

Old 12-29-2011, 03:24 PM   #53
shots01

Lord

Arcturys wrote:

Squeecha wrote:

Okay I didn't think so. Was pretty sure ZAM was wrong on that part. But also, I took my guardian to Qeynos because he's good and wouldn't survive two seconds in Freeport with the new uber guards Lucan brought back with him. But yeah, I hailed some NPC called the Doombringer I think it was. And Aimee. She just said the same thing as last time about wanting to dye her fur black. So I ran around and around and suddenly the quest popped up on my screen. Obviously I accepted, but I have no idea how I got the quest in the first place.

Thank goodness it will be run some more. Yay!

But please can someone give us some good forewarning? If it's only once more, I don't want to miss it. It's still a bit of a bummer because I still have 7 toons I wanted to run through this quest, and obviously Freeport server has missed out on having this quest for nearly 3/4 of the Frostfell event. Squeezing an extra couple or so in would be greatly appreciated!

Squeecha wrote:

Maybe I should read everything before replying. Okay that's very problematic. If we don't know ahead of time which city, and the announcement is only supposed to be going out in the city, not the whole server, then most people will never know it even happened. Basically, if it's working the way you suggest it *should* be working, then we'd never know!

^^What he said LOL.

I was on line last night at 8:30 pm PDT and never saw any message to report to a tree.  So if something happened last night, I totally missed out on it.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:20 PM   #54
Arcturys

Lord

shots01 wrote:

^^What he said LOL.

I was on line last night at 8:30 pm PDT and never saw any message to report to a tree.  So if something happened last night, I totally missed out on it.

Yeah they just ran it again today a little while ago. No announcement here; no other way to know about it other than to be logged in. And if Squeecha is right, even then we wouldn't have known about it except for the "oops" that is still sending the message out to the whole server. But now it's a generic "commotion at the Frostfell tree" with no other info. I spent 15-20 minutes running around every single city (took 2 different toons obviously) trying to find the quest giver and never did. I'm guessing I missed it because it took so long to search and the quest giver didn't stay long (althoug it didn't help that I was looking for a green name, and the quest giver turned out to be essentially a normal NPC in a costume - even with my EQ1 Guide experience I never would've expected that). Fortunately they came back a little while later and (after I figured out who they were) I managed to find them this time and alerted people in the public channels.

I dunno. I don't want to sound ungrateful because until now we didn't even have access to this quest, but this isn't as fun as I had envisioned. It pops up for 10-15 minutes at a random day and hour, in a random zone, with no announcement. How likely is it people will benefit from that? Only if you just happen to be in the right city at the right time on the right day.

Please keep in mind that the majority of Freeport players aren't even watching for it, nor do they even know what the announcements mean. We've never had guides on this server, so for almost 2 years these players that haven't played EQ1 or been on an EQ2 Live server before are clueless. We need an MOTD or launchpad notice or something. I and a few others have been trying to spread the word, but I am seeing a lot of "What's a guide quest?" I've been doing my best to keep people informed of this Frostfell quest if and when I know it's up. Still I'm just one person.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:12 PM   #55
Mystfit

Loremaster

I agree that it's very confusing to just have to *run across* guides with lttle or no info, but consdier this. The guide program is amping up on Freeport. Alot of people who wouldn't usually be running guides quests  (Brasse and Isulith are community peeps, not guide peeps) are stepping up to make sure we got chances at the quests and I think ti's great they are adding to what is likely full days OR holiday time to help out. I imagine when the guide program gets established and rolling, it'll be alot less confusing.

I also play on ab and as a rule, guide events are announced on hte forums with a zone (though not always what part of the zone) and times. Sometimes, they say something in level 1-9 chat.

For future references, there are two types of guide quests, one with a clearly marked guide name and a green quest feather. The other is more like a role playing NPC and also usually has a green feather, althugh not always. If you can figure out what zone it's in, jsut look for te large cluster of people standing in a circle around some poor soul SMILEY

Old 12-29-2011, 08:37 PM   #56
Isulith

Community Relations

Hey everyone! We had one of our awesome Community members on around 11:00 AM PST again to give out the gift quest. I will be on later at around 8:30 PM PST. Since I was in Freeport yesterday, I will be in Kelethin this evening. Tomorrow we will also have one of our Community team members on around 11:00 AM PST again. I will then also be on again around 8:30 PM PST in Neriak. We've had a lot of fun hanging out with you so thank you for coming and hanging out with us!

Isulith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:44 PM   #57
Karilee

Lord

Arcturys wrote:

I spent 15-20 minutes running around every single city (took 2 different toons obviously) trying to find the quest giver and never did.

Just as an aside, typing /who all guide will show you which zone the event giver is in, or at least it has for me in the handful of events that I've caught in the past week.  No need to run around blindly.

Karilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:00 AM   #58
Arcturys

Lord

Mystfit wrote:

but consdier this. The guide program is amping up on Freeport. Alot of people who wouldn't usually be running guides quests  (Brasse and Isulith are community peeps, not guide peeps) are stepping up to make sure we got chances at the quests and I think ti's great they are adding to what is likely full days OR holiday time to help out.

Yes that's a good point, and like I said I really didn't want to come across as sounding ungrateful. Without them we wouldn't have this quest *at all.* I definitely do thank them. It's just been a bit frustrating considering how difficult it is to track them down. Lots of folks today on the Freeport server missed out because by the time we tracked the quest giver down and folks made their way over, it was already done.

Isulith wrote:

Hey everyone! We had one of our awesome Community members on around 11:00 AM PST again to give out the gift quest. I will be on later at around 8:30 PM PST. Since I was in Freeport yesterday, I will be in Kelethin this evening. Tomorrow we will also have one of our Community team members on around 11:00 AM PST again. I will then also be on again around 8:30 PM PST in Neriak. We've had a lot of fun hanging out with you so thank you for coming and hanging out with us!

Thank you very much for the heads up! I'll spread the word in game as well!

Karilee wrote:

Arcturys wrote:

I spent 15-20 minutes running around every single city (took 2 different toons obviously) trying to find the quest giver and never did.

Just as an aside, typing /who all guide will show you which zone the event giver is in, or at least it has for me in the handful of events that I've caught in the past week.  No need to run around blindly.

Problem is it's not guides doing this atm. In every way (except one) they appear to be normal players: blue name like all other players, no titles or tags to distinguish them from others. They only stand out because they (today anyway) are using a Santa Glug illusion, which of course I've never heard of being in the game. That's the only way I guessed it. From all other appearances, they look like a normal player. You could walk right by them without realizing it's a guide (and I did a couple times until I figured it out hehe).

Old 12-30-2011, 02:34 AM   #59
Karilee

Lord

Arcturys wrote:

Karilee wrote:

Arcturys wrote:

Problem is it's not guides doing this atm. In every way (except one) they appear to be normal players: blue name like all other players, no titles or tags to distinguish them from others. They only stand out because they (today anyway) are using a Santa Glug illusion, which of course I've never heard of being in the game. That's the only way I guessed it. From all other appearances, they look like a normal player. You could walk right by them without realizing it's a guide (and I did a couple times until I figured it out hehe).

True, but it eliminates the need to check multiple cities, which was the point I was trying to make.  (And the community relations people who have been kind enough to run these events for us DO show up under that "/who all guide" parameter, even if they aren't technically guides.)  It also yields a name to look for within that city, or to /target if there are a zillion people around.  With that narrowed down the rest is just a matter of following the context clues provided (in this case, the hint about the Frostfell tree).  It's really not as difficult as people are making it out to be.

Karilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 02:41 AM   #60
Conner_McCrea

Lord

I felt bad for poor Brasse the other day, she was wearing the Santa Glug suit and was so tiny compared to most everyone that she was constantly getting stepped on and nobody could see her. If nothing else, I'd recommend Guides get ahold of the super growth potion and scale themselves up 3 times the size or more, so they can see everyone and be seen as well. In a former game I played, whenever the Devs appeared for a function, they scaled up to what was equal to the giant sized mobs in the game and everyone knew exactly where to go (or run AWAY from if they were playing a hostile character at the time) to find the action.

As far as notification goes, maybe have just a general message appear worldwide stating that something is happening in the area of (insert zone name here) and when players arrive at that zone, another more specific message that displays only within that region pops up.

Conner_McCrea is offline   Reply With Quote