EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chaos Descending Beta > Class Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-26-2018, 01:43 PM   #61
Vogie

From what I seen last night Makeshift Arrows is still very very good. It is early in Beta testing however and I was unable to compare stats between myself and the Ranger(he was in glory land wrecking everyone on the parse).
Old 10-26-2018, 11:39 PM   #62
Trabu

so do they have some sort of additional hidden debuff/potency mitigation. I ran Doomfire: the Enkindled tower last night with my guild mates and our dps was awful. We were using the beta scaling gear.

Now I can understand a drop in dps but I was struggling to break 300m dps on my Brig. take Blinding Dust ability for example in Shard of Hate herd mode I ran on tuesday it averaged 654m dps. In doomfire last night night it did 15m.

My Fervor was 270 and my potency was around 54k for the run. Now some abilities like Dagger storm did not seem as heavily affected 1.1B in SoH and 185m in Doom.
Old 10-27-2018, 05:38 AM   #63
Kojacke

Vogie, using him as your idea of where rangers are at is a very bad idea. Plus beta buffed stats are too out of whack to be a viable test as it is right now. I’m pretty sure there’s no way that when expansion goes live we will all be sitting around 300 fervor. The disparity in crit bonus is also an issue. The more beta gear you wore it seemed the less crit bonus you would have. The same goes for potency but the opposite direction. (Potency having a much lesser effect on overall damage compared to crit bonus).
Tl;dr: beta gear makes it impossible to truly test.
Old 10-27-2018, 12:11 PM   #64
Keyy

Yeah don't use me as a measurement. I changed my rotation to make up for the loss of Makeshift. I will eat my words and say this, It wasn't as bad overall to the parse as i anticipated but a loss of 12% over all dps was felt.
Old 10-30-2018, 01:17 PM   #65
Primitive

BEASTLORD

Potency to fervor changes have made the BL uncompetitive and boring to play.

Before you had to do chains of ascention and primals with Truespirit's Ferocity and Dragon Claws and try and line everything up best you could with a celestial proc, Now it doesn't matter as potency is static and fervor is abundant. Just mashing buttons is tedious.

Truespirit's Ferocity 10.8 Fervor for 10 seconds is completely pointless, This needs changed.

I would suggest a lower % potency proc. It was 20%, could possibly run with 5% now and still be useful.

Or just remove it completely and give us a ranger equivalent proc. We could call it Makeshift Ferocity Smile Although this would also be boring.

Something needs changed, BL were poor compared to other DPS classes last expansion. Do we want another expansion where people change class away from the class.

The whole point of a BL is damage spikes, you build savagery and boom you blow **** up. Can you please give BL's the tools to do what they were originally designed to do.
Old 10-30-2018, 01:46 PM   #66
Struts

I completely agree with Primitive. We need to get back to a point where Primal's are important.

BL received no increase in base primal damage last expansion and a minimal amount this one. When you consider the level increases to spells and CA's from 100 to 110 and the availability of Ancients to upgrade, BL Primals have been left way behind.

A base increase on 50% would not be an unreasonable request and would help address the ineffectual savagery chains.
Old 10-30-2018, 02:27 PM   #67
Uncle

what was your spell double at?? it also effects things like dagger storm on top of the lower Potency
Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 12:52 PM   #68
duckster

Can we review dragonwraith ability to be more inline with the mage aa(self ut). It is something that directly affects ascension therefore impacts balance. Would be swell to have an outdated/small dmg ability be looked at and changed.
duckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 03:23 PM   #69
Primitive

[IMG][IMG][IMG]

BEASTLORD

Our two end lines on the BL Prestige tree are as follows:-

Left Hand Side - Ralissk's Perception and Truespirit's Understanding

Right Hand Side - Feral Intensity (Feral Fangs) and Truespirit's Ferocity (10 fervor increments)

ALL OF WHICH are now truly Underwhelming. Endlines should be decent, but with the changes both sides are poor.

Our pets savage ally also need some love.
Old 11-04-2018, 03:31 PM   #70
Primitive

[IMG][IMG]

BEASTLORD RALISSK'S PERCEPTION

I agree that the power regen probably needed adjusted but its gone too far. Both damage and power regen need to be doubled at least.
Old 11-05-2018, 06:13 PM   #71
Vipersx

Nice to see some update notes that included Assassins Smile Thank you.

• Enhance: Honed Reflexes will grant Fervor to the caster, if the caster is over level 100.
  • Concealment will grant Crit Bonus to the caster, if the caster is over level 100.
  • Deadly Focus will grant Crit Bonus to the caster, if the caster is over level 100.
I like the fact that you are trying to make our temp buffs useful again which is great. Although I have a few suggestions.

First, most assassins no longer use concealment, because we get a better version through AA called "In Plain Sight". Concealment and In Plain Sight use the same timer and can not be used together. Therefore, If you could attach the new crit bonus part of the buff to In Plain Sight that would be great. Even with the crit bonus buff to concealment, no assassin is going to use concealment over In Plain Sight. Concealment tends to break stealth very often which leads to broken Stealth Chains.

Crit Bonus being added to some of our less useful buffs is a nice direction, but i am worried that it could be short lived. As we get better geared, and move closer to the Crit Bonus Cap, these buffs could become near useless again. I have always thought that if potency is not capped either should Crit Bonus... That would help with a lot of the disparity that has happened between Melee classes and Casters. Although I do not see you guys reversing path at this current point. Therefore, the least i can ask for is that these buffs also be given equal Crit Bonus Overcap for the Crit bonus that they give. This way, no matter if you are at the Crit Bonus Cap, you will always get the benefit of the Crit Bonus in the Buff. Personally I think all temp buffs for all classes should work this way when there are Caps to Stats.

I was a bit disappointing that it does not appear that Assassins have been given a straight percent increase to their abillities like many other melee classes.

I would like to end by saying the state of the assassin, and melee T1 DPS is still in need of great overhaul. When it comes to named encounters in both group zones and Raids, you guys have been always comming up with new ways for encounters to be PITAs for melee LOL. There are many fights where the raid force has to stand a a certain distance, run around in circles, joust, and other things that tend to make melee dps useless in an encounter. Meanwhile, the Range Caster DPS just stand still and go Pew Pew and rack up huge DPS parses. That is why melee dps had amazing auto attack dps at the beginning of this game. Because we had to make up for the times that we had to run around in circles or stand back out of range of all of our good abilities. Casters had fallen back a bit in DPS and Spell Double attack conversion from spell haste was increased to help them keep up with the T1 Melee DPS. Then the auto attack dps was ripped out from under the Melee DPS... thous leaving us lacking when it comes to ranged T1 DPS classes.

Without bringing back melee DPS, some drastic changes are needed to bring Melee DPS back up to T1 DPS. It should never be at a point where a guild would be better off leaving the melee DPS back at the guild hall because they are useless in many of the encounters.
One last thing... mana drains have been horrible over the past expansion and appear to continue into this new expansion. I personally would prefer that mana drains had no effect on melee DPS, but i know that is not going to happen LOL. Although most mage classes have ways to regain their Mana. Scout DPS used to have a great way to keep mana up... it was called poisons. Yet over the years, the Mental Breach Line of poisons have become ineffective. They could use a boost to the amount of mana that is recovered each time they proc.
Old 11-05-2018, 06:14 PM   #72
Karsa

Spiritshoud grants an increase in crit bonus but it has no duration as soon you unstealth the bonus is gone. Is that intended or does it need a duration?
Karsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 08:13 AM   #73
doit

Agree that even if damage poisons are no longer on the list of upgrades, that new mental breach power poisons get implemented, or at least to old ones be allowed to affected by potency ( currently only a straight 720 power which is nothing nowadays)
doit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 01:02 AM   #74
Kaladz

Lie Low which is a stealth effect granted by Shadow Slip IV ( Rogue ability ) doesn't appear to grant Crit Bonus like the other stealth abilities.
Kaladz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 04:50 AM   #75
Darchon6

I just conducted a test of the makeshift arrows reduction:

Live: 751 triggers in 6:15 against 4 epic training dummies
Beta: 60 triggers in 6:15 against 4 epic training dummies

That represents a 92% reduction in the number of triggers / dps.
Old 11-07-2018, 06:58 PM   #76
Korucuu

Indeed, it now seems true to its description, so quite the reduction. I do think once every 4-6 seconds is a bit harsh personally.

Old 11-07-2018, 09:38 PM   #77
Beastlord

Beastlord:
NINJA NERF or BUG? -_-

Why the Ninja Nerf to the Beastlords "Hawk Eyes"? Or is it a BUG?
-4.5% Crit Bonus & -4.5% Potency
BETA:
[IMG]

LIVE:
[IMG]
Old 11-08-2018, 12:34 AM   #78
Darchon6

If what Bord mentioned is true, it's the result of the missing 30% buff to CAs, buffs, and debuffs done at the beginning of ToT. 15 * 1.30 = 19.5.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:51 AM   #79
Kojacke

After a long look at assassin V ranger, the assassin still needs a great deal of love to compare, despite the makeshift nerf. Makeshift is a much smaller % of the damage a ranger does but the potential for DPS is still much higher on the ranger. For assassin the amount of work required for the damage given pales greatly in comparison to the ranger's, push a certain set of buttons in no particular order, you'll be okay. FFU doesn't hit nearly hard enough imo with full beta testing gear to keep up with the ranger.
A fight tonight for example
ranger makeshift arrows was only 8% of the ranger's parse but did 551mil DPS
assassin FFU requires a full chain to function, hits hardly near the number of times, was 13% of the assassin's parse but only did 256mil DPS.
Both FFU and Makeshift arrows were the tops of these respective parses, it's beta, same gear, similar setup.
My suggestion is to either increase the damage potential of FFU, or increase the damage potential of abilities the assassin has outside of the FFU chain.
(CAs used to cast FFU are left out of this because they were so negligible DPS on their own that it would hardly be worth mentioning. Assassinate was below Shadow Step for outgoing damage, for example.)
Old 11-08-2018, 04:08 AM   #80
Vipersx

I agree with this completely. I may be biased, but assassin DPS is one of the harder DPS classes to master. Getting temp buffs just right and getting a good FFU chain takes time to build up to. It used to be that all the abilities that we used to do the FFU chain were some of our top damaging abilities... yet somewhere along the line they have just become a means to an end. We have to use the stealth attacks to build up to FFU chain. I agree that FFU should have its damage increased and that all our the abilities that are part of the chain should be brought up to par with other classes top damage abilities. It used to be that Assassins were the top burst DPS... no a days we are far from the top burst DPS. Long duration fights used to often go to the casters because they had quicker recast on a lot of their top abilities... So now we are not the best at short duration fights nor are we the best at long duration fights. Assassins Roles have been lost. They need their abilities brought back up to par.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:35 AM   #81
Kojacke

Right there. There's the problem that seems to be plaguing the class. These abilities used to run right under FFU in the breakdown, if not directly under, then very close. FFU barely being able to stay ahead of ethershadow assassin is a shame. Assassinate not doing anywhere near the damage of sniper shot (these are the two abilities that correspond to one another) is a serious issue.
Then there's the issue of the fact that assassins were supposed to be poison masters but since the changes to how poisons work, outside of the debuff poisons it's impossible to notice if they aren't running or not because they have that little of an impact on your outgoing dps.
Doing 3-6 billion, poisons not working, lose maybe 1 million? If even?
I'd like to get to a point here, and that is, nerfing rangers is not how to fix assassins. The nerf that makeshift received has brought them to below the potential of warlocks and conjurors, and didnt make assassins any better.
The "buffs" that assassins received were negligible at best. Without a boost to the absolute damage the class is capable of putting out, temp buffs to fervor (which I was capped on in beta anyway????) and CB, did such an unnoticeable amount that it might as well have not even happened.
Old 11-12-2018, 08:23 PM   #82
Bhayar

Having poisons (that truly did something) would be nice for all scouts. I can remember when C.O.B. for dirges was nice to have. Now, it's almost useless with the gear available, because haste is something you reforge out of. As a dev, I'm surprised more of them haven't started sucking on the end of a pistol, because frankly, I don't know where you'd start trying to make classes relevant to the game that's being played now. AAs are outdated, spells/CAs are dysfunctional, spells/CAs haven't kept pace with mob levels--you know what I'm talking about if you're playing on a regular basis and trying to understand game mechanics. The major problem is trying to adapt to an ever changing game environment with tools that are no longer functional.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:54 PM   #83
Beastlord

Beastlord:

I found a good change to the Beastlord today!!! That makes me a little happier now, good to see we were NOT just ignored!! . Note: Still not happy about the 1.6% - 2.9% power nerf.
[IMG]
Old 11-12-2018, 10:25 PM   #84
Beastlord

BUG: (1 of them needs to be fixed)
[IMG]
Old 11-12-2018, 11:38 PM   #85
Kaladz

Here is an image of the abilities. Looks like they still don't grant Crit Bonus and not sure if that is intended.

[IMG]
Kaladz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 12:45 AM   #86
Earar

Tooltip of infused blood is just wrong. In pop hp debuffs have been changed to % bonus damage.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:49 AM   #87
Primitive

[IMG][IMG]

Can we please look at this ability again as in its current format it massive reduction to BL dps and now pretty useless. Before change BL received a 5% increase of their base potency and crit bonus. On live currently that increases my Potency by around 5k. 1.3 fervor and 4.5% Crit bonus overcap is very poor comparison.
Old 11-13-2018, 03:03 AM   #88
Beastlord

More Power Feed NERF's or BUG?
Why would you take away the Power To Caster part?

Live:
[IMG]

Beta:
[IMG]
Old 11-13-2018, 03:19 AM   #89
Beastlord

Beastlord:
BUG: ( One of our Epic 2.0 Pet Buffs No Longer Work )
[IMG]
Old 11-13-2018, 03:27 AM   #90
Beastlord

Well that was a Quick Fix! Thanks!