EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chaos Descending Beta > Tradeskill Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-14-2018, 05:02 PM   #31
Sigrdrifa

Quest: The Scrivener's Tale: In Preparation for Anything
It doesn't make sense to get the recipe books as we finish harvesting. The quest dialog suggests we should get the recipes immediately before we go to harvest, immediately after speaking with Ramyn:

aNPC 5296187 Ramyn Matrick:Ramyn Matrick/a says to you, "You will need to collect some components. Here, take these recipes, create them and return them to the me, so I can apply them to the books behind me. The list of components should be in the recipe for you."

Making us go and harvest TWICE is just annoying, especially as I had harvested plenty for both combines when I went out the first time. At the end of the dialog quoted above, we should receive both recipe books, and if you really want the harvesting to be in the quest steps, set it up so that it looks like:
  • Collect components needed to create a Time Suspension Scroll
  • Collect components needed to create a Protective Coating
  • Create a Time Suspension Scroll for Ramyn to use on the books in his absence.
  • Create a Protective Coating for Ramyn to use on the books in his absence.

Also, there's typos in the quest journal text. It should be "absence":

[IMG]
Old 10-14-2018, 05:20 PM   #32
Sigrdrifa

Quest: The Scrivener's Tale: The Notion of a Potion
The quest text seems to be missing a step, since you should craft the potions BEFORE you go to Doomfire:
  • Seek out Ghida and find out what she needs.
    • I have returned to Ghida.
    • I have found Mourndax V'Zeaar
    • I have crafted the Thermal Dissipation Potion.
    • Travel to Doomfire, the Burning Lands.
Old 10-14-2018, 05:43 PM   #33
Poetic_Justice

Quest: The Scrivener's Tale: Cause for Alarm & Pathosis Less Traveled
Issue: Wondering why two npc are running on the same course of the same subject..Both are talking about the illness in the library..
Old 10-14-2018, 07:19 PM   #34
Sigrdrifa

I crafted a bunch of portable workstations and dropped them on the beta broker cheap. They're much easier to use than the ones you self-summon.
Old 10-14-2018, 09:56 PM   #35
Poetic_Justice

Yep, It just happened to me. I crafted it at the station and then click the portal and it gave me another recipe after I already clicked the book who gave me one, and it wants me to craft it again. I try clicking on the Offering and right examine and nothing happens.

UPDATE:When I recrafted the Offering near the teleport, it updated but this part from before is still a bug. Just wanted to note an update.
Old 10-14-2018, 09:59 PM   #36
Mezaka

Scrivener's Tale: The Reach of Ivy
When I used a Portable Work Bench (level 30), upon the completion of one combine, I got credit for doing two combines.
Old 10-14-2018, 11:25 PM   #37
Niami DenMother

The Scrivener's Tale: A Crafter's Plea, "place the offering to Xegony at the marked location" There is a Nilborien Windraker that spawns too closely to the spot where the offering needs to be placed, and non-combat crafters won't be able to place it without being attacked.
Niami DenMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 12:15 AM   #38
Poetic_Justice

Quest: The Scriverner's Tale
Step: Return to Mounrndax
Issue: I went to Doomfire: Burning Lands and he says I need to return the shards to him.

Going to see if he in another zone?

UPDATE: Journal says Myris. Crafters gallery. Check.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:36 AM   #39
teylaa

"The Proof of Power" where is the great nest the tome spoke of... I have looked every where ... died... had to make the illusion again...
Old 10-15-2018, 01:14 AM   #40
Niami DenMother

I just flung you a tell in game with the loc. Smile It is on the underside of the Aerie.
Old 10-15-2018, 01:16 AM   #41
Niami DenMother

[feedback] I don't recall seeing Yrag except when I am on the right step of the crafting line. If I haven't timed my circling right, and he poofs after you're done speeding him up, is there a version of him (or that model, and another snail schlumphing about), is it possible to let him be visible all the time? He adds some fun flavor to Myrist (if that doesn't add more lag than is reasonable, that is)
Old 10-15-2018, 01:34 AM   #42
Niami DenMother

Protip: Watch your quest helper carefully. If it says "harvest ____" you have to go out and harvest. However, if it says "collect ___" you can harvest, pull out of a depot, pull off the broker, get from Oliver, etc
Old 10-15-2018, 02:19 AM   #43
Elinea

Quick question: I know that it was stated at the beginning of this thread that the reward at the end of the quest line wasn't in yet, so not to bug it...but I didn't get any confirmation that I finished the quest line at all, so I wondered if that was normal too, or is that included in the "quest rewards aren't in yet"? I didn't expect to see what the reward will be on live, but I did expect to see "you finished the quest line for beta, check your claim on live".

Edit: I did log in to live servers, and there was nothing in claim to indicate that I'd actually finished the quest line.
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 02:22 AM   #44
Pheidra

1) This questline is phenomenal. It's one of the best tradeskill lines in the last few years. You feel like you're doing good, it tells a story, and it looks like it's going to be friendly to lower level adventuring crafters.
2) Thank you so much, in the Book's story, for making the adventurer a woman and the baker a male. It's still rare to see these gender shifts, but it is definitely noticed and appreciated! I liked being able to show the example to my daughter.
3) One quick feedback on The Scrivener's Tale: Seeding the Tale. A Zephryn Skycleaver goes all the way up to Ajekz the Hungry in his route. While you could wait to avoid him, it may nab some unsuspecting lower-level adventuring crafters, so I'm not sure if you'd be interested in having him stop further down the trail.
Old 10-15-2018, 02:59 AM   #45
Niami DenMother

Did you do the final quest for The Scrivener and Ghida? Or did you assume you were done with Wind because mail doesn't deliver until you zone? The final, final quest is from email.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:00 AM   #46
Niami DenMother

Thanks for posting this! I keep forgetting about that one. IF you angle around, you can land behind Ajekz and be safe, I've found, but it still is a bit dicey for the squishies.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:39 AM   #47
Elinea

I did the final quest after getting mail saying to meet with The Scrivener in person, and Ghida was there to translate. I ran around to the 4 key NPCs that I helped to get their approval and Ghida was last. The quest journal said I'd be rewarded with EQ2 beta tradeskill completion reward, but at the end....there was just a handful of status and nothing else.

[IMG]
Old 10-15-2018, 04:09 AM   #48
Niami DenMother

There should have been a quick popup saying that you'd earned the reward on your live server, and the reward will be under the Beta Rewards category of /claim, not the Chaos Descending category.

The rest of the rewards aren't tied into the TS line yet.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:01 AM   #49
Poetic_Justice

Also please put a firepit to craft the Roguefurt Cheese Sandwhich in Dertoxx to update within that zone.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:20 AM   #50
Sigrdrifa

Quest: The Scrivener's Tale: Animating the Inanimate

I received the recipe scroll as expected, scribed it, and it disappeared from my inventory. I've run around and done some other quests in the meantime (all in one long session playing this morning, no logouts), then I see in my inventory:

aITEM -91871256 -1670996366 0 0 0:[Recipe Scroll: Myrist Trunk]/a

It says it's been scribed. I dunno when it popped back into my packs. I scrolled back through Gullveig's logfiles and only see it being given to me once.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:26 AM   #51
Anoushka

Scrivener's Tale: A Crafters Plea
After zoning to Eryslai and talking to the book "Recipes for Adventure", you can hail the book again and receive the recipe for the offering to Xegony. If you make the offering and click the pedestal where the offering is to be placed, you get another recipe book and have to make the offering again.

Same thing happens for the next quests from the book as well.
Old 10-15-2018, 04:38 PM   #52
morrdd

The Scrivener's Tale - Animating the Inanimate... I crafted and placed the trunk.. but there is no spell to cast.. not sure if I missed something here, but there was a glowy object next to the quest giver and when I placed the trunk it disappeared
Old 10-15-2018, 06:04 PM   #53
Gninja

Developer

The glowy location you saw was just there to show you where to place the trunk. You should also have a black book looking object in your inventory that can be used to cast the spell on the trunk.
Gninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:22 PM   #54
Elinea

Hmm, that pop-up never happened.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:10 PM   #55
Niami DenMother

It is a little thing, but when folks are talking to The Scrivener for the final quest, the entire zone gets to listen to him spam "The Scrivener says, "..." " over and over and over.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:28 PM   #56
Xianthia

Sometimes it is about the little things!

Quest: Animating the Inanimate
Once you log the quest, you can immediately purchase the Prepared Malachite Shards from Oleene. Having it in inventory won't update quest once you are on that step. It only costs 12p so won't be much of an issue to most(guessing).

Also obviously I've already run the quest so knew that step was coming and figured "hey lemme check what happens if..." .
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:34 PM   #57
Breanna

Ran into a problem yesterday, finishing up the quest. Not so much a problem as a it shouldn't do that. But when I went to the hive to place the traps I popped one of my crafting stations, and it said you need to be near a stove to do that, but it did let me continue on and make the traps. Then when I went down and went to make the illusion I again popped one of my crafting stations, and it said you must be near a work bench to do that, but again it let me make the illusions and I finished the quest line. Not sure if this is because I used the crafting stations from the tradeskill line that it did this or not.

In the above from Elinea I did get the pop up for completing the tradeskill I haven't checked on live yet to see if I actually got it or not, but I did get the message.
Old 10-16-2018, 12:40 AM   #58
Elinea

I wonder if it had anything to do with the fact that in Doomfire I couldn't find the strange bag from The Scrivener's Tale: Difficulties Delivering, so I bought the one that the npc Krevat was selling for 120p. It did update the quest, but I wonder if it broke something by not finding the one on the ground?
Old 10-16-2018, 12:49 AM   #59
Xianthia

I really like the option to purchase the bag rather than hunting it. 120p makes you think whether to purchase or hunt it down. The option is right on the mark for me.
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 03:18 AM   #60
Sigrdrifa

Quest:The Scrivener's Tale: Difficulties Delivering
The quest text reads, "Obtain an unscorchable bag from within the cinder courts area". However, it's not in the part of the zone called Cinder Courts (372, 111, 385). The bag is actually around the wasps' nests in the area called Cinder Nests. This is probably causing a bunch of the confusion we're seeing.