EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-24-2015, 02:51 AM   #121
Mandarava

Neither of the toons I copied yesterday morning are there.....I think the Maj'Dul toons are getting screwed up...sigh..hope they are there by this weekend...
Old 10-24-2015, 03:15 AM   #122
Alexic

Going on 31 hours since I added Alexic to the que.... still have yet to see him. Ive logged out of game several times rebooted computer three times hell even took computer out to dinner and gave it a massage and still no Alexic so must be the server Tongue
Can we get word on whats going on with this?
Old 10-24-2015, 04:04 AM   #123
Alenna

I agree it is 28+ hours since I copied oaxaca from Guk and a new character from test i want to test things out but not if it means you won't get feed back from me based on what my characters on live are equipped with.
Alenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 05:20 AM   #124
Jaelissa

I copied a set at 12pm pst yesterday from Madjul then since i was in gh with first set did another at at bout 12am out side of gh. neither set have come thru. something definately must be borked with the Madjul copies.
Jaelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 05:26 AM   #125
Wards

nothing special about majdul ... i copied toons from valor and nuthin since like 35h now ... hopefully they arrive till 26th
Old 10-24-2015, 06:49 AM   #126
Kuulei

AB copies are not through yet and were put in the queue 37 hours ago.
Kuulei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 07:17 AM   #127
azcn2503

Hehe, I put in my request from Splitpaw within 30 minutes of the announcement that the /beta command was live, but no characters have copied yet.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:31 AM   #128
Beee

36h passed - this is booring Eek
Beee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 08:06 AM   #129
Kuulei

Over 26 hours So we recopy again and go to the back of the queue or wait... and wait... and wait... and wait...
Kuulei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 08:26 AM   #130
Xuma

I created a new character in Beta, I deleted a character in Beta, I validated game assets. Still no copied toons in Beta. I;m well over 24 hours now since I did my /beta copy/s. Could we get some feedback on what we are supposed to do here please?
Xuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 08:42 AM   #131
Elinea

I copied 4 characters from my account, all in a row. Just logged in, typed /beta, logged out. The first two toons I did copied over to beta in about 2 hours. The other two never showed up. Something, somewhere has to be borked. Is there a problem with copying characters from the new Maj'dul server and that's holding up everyone who copied after that?
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 08:46 AM   #132
Spindle

Yeah, neither of my Beta copies worked either. It's been over 24 hours. It's gotta be a pain for the team to be working all the tweaks for merge, beta, ftp, tle, etc. etc. etc

Think I'll just garden in RL till Monday ))
Old 10-24-2015, 09:12 AM   #133
Sadbast2

Same here on Splitpaw - I expected some issues but 36 hours later and nothing is disappointing to say the least. I do have a created toon running about but it's just not the same...
Old 10-24-2015, 09:43 AM   #134
Therein

29 hours here and still nothing. Getting a little frustrated. Hard to give proper feedback when I can't even test how my character performs. I know my baseline on my current character, don't really want to spend the time getting the same data from a lesser toon when I already have it.
Old 10-24-2015, 10:16 AM   #135
Elowith

40 hours here and counting.
Elowith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 10:56 AM   #136
Maachilie

Daybreak, where do you left my Betacopys ?

More than 40 h waiting für our Betacopys, what happened ?
Why we did not get any informations about ?

Eek......,
Eek...........,
Eek...............

what are you doing with our pretty toons, a Swingerparty.... ??? Roll Eyes
Maachilie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 12:10 PM   #137
Lucus

do we really need another thread on this?
Lucus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 12:28 PM   #138
Deveryn

It's definitely not the same. There's so much still missing from a buffed toon and everything is new, so you get all the quest feathers, all the emails. If you're a tradeskiller, you don't have all your usual resources.
Deveryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 01:05 PM   #139
azcn2503

Absolutely; I forgot how slow harvesting is without all of these wonderful perks from the various tradeskill timelines!
Old 10-24-2015, 02:13 PM   #140
Alenna

Same here 40 hours do you want us to beta test?
Old 10-24-2015, 02:15 PM   #141
Alenna

40 hours from do not have either of my copies from Test or Guk and i still have a couple on Guk i need to copy but nit till my 1st guk one gets there that is my crafting house come on daybreak fix this
Old 10-24-2015, 02:29 PM   #142
Alenna

40 hours my test and guk toons have not shown up I refuse to test anymore with were standard buffed toons you are leaving me with give me my copies it will not be a propare test with out our harvesting cloaks all nine of myu crafters have harvesting cloaks as do some of my 100 adventures 3 of my 100 crafters have the coldain shawl all 9 of my 100 level crafters has the upgraded pony. all i'm going on beta is log on and take the harvest from the pony and goblin of the 3 low standard buffed toons until I have my copies i hope they show up before the end of beta it is looking that they aren't going to show up till then.

I wouldn't be so frustrated if you'd communicate with us telling us that the copies will go through. or whether we need to try again.
Old 10-24-2015, 02:44 PM   #143
Ellys

I am with Alenna. I'm out of Guk, and had one char over in AB. I copied on Thursday several characters that were in and out of houses/guild halls. I recopied 1 as a test Friday. Then as an additional test I copied the L20 AB character. Guess who showed up? The least prepared character from AB.

People relax more if they know what is going on, if there is an issue or even a pat on the head with a cookie that "be patient, we have to hand move each character and it take time". If there IS a problem then tell us. We can deal with news, even bad news, so long as we know what is going on. And even if you don't know, a public announcement "we apologize but there are problems moving certain characters from their home server over to Beta".

While I have made a beta character and found the tradeskill timeline so far to be engaging and interesting, I have also seen and heard enough to know that pursuing the adventure side could be problematic without better geared toons. I mean for Pete's sake, we don't even have adornments!

But TALK to us please, please, pretty please!!
Old 10-24-2015, 03:11 PM   #144
azcn2503

Hmm, maybe I will have more luck if I do another /beta? Or will that reset my position in the queue? Is there any way to find out our position in the queue?
Old 10-24-2015, 03:44 PM   #145
Alenna

I'd do it with another character which is what I plan i have a level 100 adventure that is not one of my crafters I'm going to try.
Old 10-24-2015, 03:49 PM   #146
Raveen

Woke up this morning and now my illy is on beta from AB. Just giving updates Smile just to let peeps know that toons are getting transferred its just a bit slow. I didn't recopy mine I copied around the time they opend it up for copies. I hope the rest of you all get in today I know beta buff toons are just not the same for testing.
Raveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 06:24 PM   #147
Spindle

I noticed some updates to betaserver files when I launched this am. My original copies from 2 days ago still do not show when I switched over to Beta.

Going to take Alenna's recommendation and copy over a character who has never been to beta land. She is mid level everything and will attempt the beta buffer if she is successful on her journey ))

Oh, right, gotta give that girl some money and harvests lol

PS Off Topic: If any one knows a nice way to over winter scented geraniums (pelargoniums) I'd be grateful for advice. 13 of 20 survived last winter, but it was mild. The drought claimed another 5 this summer, boo hoo, so I'd like to keep the remaining 8 safe. Thanks in advance )
Old 10-24-2015, 07:14 PM   #148
Mrmacky

If only Martin Luther King were still alive, he too would have a dream of playing a beta copied toon on the beta.
Mrmacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 07:18 PM   #149
Spindle

Thanks Raveen!
Old 10-24-2015, 07:49 PM   #150
Xuma

Over 48 hours - still no copied toons in Beta from either of my accounts. Its sad, that's all; just sad. And what are we supposed to do? Play beta buffed new toons the entire Beta?
Xuma is offline   Reply With Quote