EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Expansions and Adventure Packs
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-20-2012, 11:11 AM   #1
Viago

Philosopher

This would make a lot of people's lives a lot easier. Bringing back the SC option would allow people to make ther purchase of xpacks without a credit card. Please think about it.

Thanks.

Viago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #2
Ulrichvon

Loremaster

Doubt its coming back.  Granted I'm not happy about it, as its the only reason I bought SC, and my accounts all have a pile of SC on them just for that purpose.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:48 PM   #3
Abrez

Loremaster

Ya how funny we were told the reson why they discontinued this practice was so they could run special SC bonuses. Yet we have seen non beyond what they were already doing before. Making their statement full of bull. They did this as a money grab plain and simple. Then lied about the reasons why. Either way they were getting paid.

I myself would like to see it come back since they changed nothing. I would have belived the statement if they were running tripple or quadrouple SC bonuses. But double was always the norm. Tripple was well Ethereal level and quadrouple has never happened yet making it mythical...

Anyways /rant off

Old 09-28-2012, 02:52 PM   #4
LordPazuzu

Loremaster

Abrez wrote:

Ya how funny we were told the reson why they discontinued this practice was so they could run special SC bonuses. Yet we have seen non beyond what they were already doing before. Making their statement full of bull. They did this as a money grab plain and simple. Then lied about the reasons why. Either way they were getting paid.

I myself would like to see it come back since they changed nothing. I would have belived the statement if they were running tripple or quadrouple SC bonuses. But double was always the norm. Tripple was well Ethereal level and quadrouple has never happened yet making it mythical...

Anyways /rant off

People would stock up during bonus weekends to buy xpacs and year subs at a fraction of the cost.  SOE was losing profits on the deal so it was discontinued.   Of course we haven't seen any more bonus specials than we saw before.  The termination of SC subs and expacs wasn't to allow for MORE specials, it was to allow for any specials PERIOD.  Their statement wasn't bull, you're expectations were simply not realistic.

LordPazuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:55 PM   #5
V1per

Loremaster

Viago wrote:

This would make a lot of people's lives a lot easier. Bringing back the SC option would allow people to make ther purchase of xpacks without a credit card. Please think about it.

Thanks.

How many more of these posts are we going to have to see.  If you can't afford to go out and get a pre-paid credit card you can load up with cash and use that or use the existing payment options maybe you shouldn't be online.

Keep it as it is...game is free to play to 90 and you get to see alot of content.  If you want the expansion, pay for it using available options, stop asking SOE to put themselves back in a position to offer content for sale at a loss which is what they were doing with the whole SC option for expansions in the first place.

V1per is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #6
Senvilan

Loremaster

V1per wrote:

Viago wrote:

Thanks.

How many more of these posts are we going to have to see.  If you can't afford to go out and get a pre-paid credit card you can load up with cash and use that or use the existing payment options maybe you shouldn't be online.

Keep it as it is...game is free to play to 90 and you get to see alot of content.  If you want the expansion, pay for it using available options, stop asking SOE to put themselves back in a position to offer content for sale at a loss which is what they were doing with the whole SC option for expansions in the first place.

You don't want to see posts like this, yet you necroed one from close to 3 weeks ago. Yeah, that makes sense.

Senvilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:48 AM   #7
HotRod

Loremaster

Viago wrote:

Thanks.

This was why I bought SC, specifically to pay subs and paks.  Now SOE says I have to buy different virtual money (Krono) it is a cash grab and a scam.  SC is supposed to be CASH, STATION CASH making it useless for anything but appearance items and market crap ought to entitle me to a refund of what I paid for my SC.

HR

HotRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:44 AM   #8
Tyrus Dracofire

Loremaster

i think you could buy old outdated expansions with SC if SOE allow it.

that is my opinion.

Tyrus Dracofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:53 AM   #9
Zergosch

Loremaster

The day, where you cant buy xpacs (im recuring gold, so playtime didnt bother, even they was that cheap), was the day i stop buying sc SMILEY

Well my wife still spending some sc, for the fluff stuff ^^

Zergosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:00 AM   #10
Gravy

Lord

Because of Station Cash promotions the value of SC is so low and inconsistent that it makes buying a expac impossible.

Let's say that a expac costs $40.00. Normally that would be 4000 SC right?

But if you bought your SC during a 3x promotion then you can get 4000 SC for $13.34.

So instead of getting $40 for the expac, SoE onlly gets $13.34.

And that is why buying expansions and memberships with SC was removed.

I personally bought over a year's worth of membership for less than $3 per month before it was removed. I used Walmart's 1500+5 cards and redeemed them during a 3x promotion then bought the yearly sub on the Marketplace.

Its not difficult to go to Walmart and get a prepaid credit card and load it with just enough to get the expansion.

Gravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:00 PM   #11
General_Info

Lord

Gravy wrote:

So instead of getting $40 for the expac, SoE onlly gets $13.34.

And that is why buying expansions and memberships with SC was removed.

I personally bought over a year's worth of membership for less than $3 per month before it was removed. I used Walmart's 1500+5 cards and redeemed them during a 3x promotion then bought the yearly sub on the Marketplace.

Its not difficult to go to Walmart and get a prepaid credit card and load it with just enough to get the expansion.

This anyone that complains about security should already be aware that they can take some extra effort and get a pre-paid CC on one hand for them it's fine for SOE to take the effort on our behalf for security but it's another 'epic' effort for someone to drive down to a retailer and spend a whole five mins to get a prepaid CC card.

Personally i dont see why some people keep a grudge over it they fixed an exploit of the system that let people get unintended minor to large discounts on expansions and subs.