EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-15-2012, 02:00 AM   #1
Jaezah

Loremaster

Dear SOE,

With all the upcoming new content, I think my two requests can be squeezed in.  I believe they are entirely reasonable and easily created.  

First, we need a bell on the Thurgadin docks!  I AM LAZY!  HEAR ME ROAR!  Is there an iceburg flotilla out there blocking the ships' passage?  I have perused the area aerially and observed nothing that should stand in the way of even the Titanic. 

Second, once upon a time we had guild hall researchers.  You took them away!  I demand a replacement.  Oh yes, i have a specific NPC in mind.  It's high time we received GUILD HALL CHRONOMANCERS!?  Can I get a hail yeah?

If these demands are not met within a reasonable timeframe, i will stage protests in Qeynos Harbor.  ..Better increase the level on those grey guards.  I am on Oasis and Unrest, if anyone would like to join my pursuit I gladly bring you aboard.. hopefully aboard a ship to Thurg Docks!!!!

Most sincerely,

Jaezah of Oasis SMILEY

Jaezah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 02:57 AM   #2
Foretold
Server: Unrest_old
Guild: Rage

Loremaster

I'm on Unrest, and I can't wait to see your protests... SMILEY

Although a bell to Thurgadin makes 100% sense.

Foretold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:04 AM   #3
Cloudrat

Tester

Sounds like a good cause to me!  I think I am an sk on unrest to I would be happy to assist you in your endeavor should the need arise.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:28 AM   #4
Novusod

Loremaster

Yes please time for a Bell to Thurgadin.

Old 09-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #5
Deago

Loremaster

Yeah that bell needs to be there...the way you get there now is just zzzzzz... and the "new" is gone so I see no reason why not.

Old 09-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #6
Rahatmattata

Loremaster

This is silly; they should put in a 20 minute boat ride to Thurgadin docks just to spite you.

A Cure For Cancer
Rahatmattata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:07 PM   #7
LadyMist

Loremaster

I am surprised they havent placed a bell at thurg harbor yet myself +1 great ideah!

how about activating a druid ring in withered lands =P

Old 09-15-2012, 03:39 PM   #8
Jrral

Loremaster

Right now there's already a druid ring in Great Divide (right next to a mount station), and a spire portal in Eastern Wastes (a quick run away from the Ry'gorr fortress mount station), so a bell on the Thurg docks certainly wouldn't majorly affect travel times. I can't see why it shouldn't be put in.

As for Withered Lands, my guess is since it's current content they won't be adding anything there for a while. Especially since you can take the banner in a guild hall up to Skyshrine and take the drake straight down to Alivan (which is also a shortcut for getting the mount stations, you can take the Alivan mount station and go to the Combine camp and it'll take you past every mount station in the zone (save one that requires a quest to open), just jump off at each one in turn to get it and then continue on).

Jrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:28 PM   #9
Thalangolier

Loremaster

it been awhile now i agree we need a Bell to Thug docks now i remember there wasnt a bell to Kylong docks for awhile and there one there now. So it not hard to put a bell there to code it in wont be hard either just put the bell in. Now i 2nd the guild hall Chronomancers these well over due for the halls. Now for them adding a ring in WL will not happen if anything it would be a wizard spire since there is one in Alivan but who knows there could be a ring out there too i vote yes for all of this

Thalangolier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:46 PM   #10
Jaezah

Loremaster

My darling guildmate has suggested we do topless protests in Qeynos.  Those goody-two-shoes will flip!  Muwhahhah.  I think she's on to something though, this will gather much more attention than a regular protest.  

WHAT DO WE WANT?  A BELL AT THURG HARBOR!  A CHRONOMANCER FOR OUR GUILD HALLS!

WHEN DO WE WANT IT!  NAAAOOO!!!!  

Old 09-15-2012, 05:55 PM   #11
Dreyco

Archive of Ik

Yes to the bell.  100% agree.

No to the chronomancers.  I want to see more people in the cities, not less.

Grand Historian of The Archive of Ik
Dreyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:40 PM   #12
Ulrichvon

Loremaster

Dreyco wrote:

Cause me spending more time zoning, than time in the city to chronomance is somehow a rewarding player experience.

*edit*

In an attempt to make this less snarky, if you actually want the cities to be more populated, they need to made hubs to raid and group instances.  Other than that, I don't see anything really pulling us in them.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:09 PM   #13
Jaezah

Loremaster

Then Freeport and Qey shouldn't be so laggy 

Old 09-16-2012, 01:08 PM   #14
Oxie

Loremaster

Add reforgers for guild halls to the list, too.

Oxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:04 PM   #15
Avirodar
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

[email protected]_old wrote:

After adding a reforger amenity, perhaps SOE could provide an encounter spawner for Guild Halls. The benefits would be profound.1) We never have to zone for anything.2) We would not have to compete for mobs. Everyone can spawn what ever they want when ever they want.3) We could make it so we never see or hear from players outside of our guild.4) The lag in cities would be so much less.Moving around in an MMO, and seeing other players, is so last year. Why bother with the inconvenience? Make the entire game occur within guild halls.

Old 09-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #16
Jaezah

Loremaster

As part of the protests, i plan to strip Avirodar down to his skivvies, hang him by his wrists from a tree limb (there's a nice area in the Harbour for doing this is memory serves correctly) and hand out free feathers to all protestors.  

Old 09-16-2012, 03:42 PM   #17
Avirodar
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

Jaezah wrote:

As part of the protests, i plan to strip Avirodar down to his skivvies, hang him by his wrists from a tree limb (there's a nice area in the Harbour for doing this is memory serves correctly) and hand out free feathers to all protestors.

I normally charge extra for that, just FYI.

Old 09-16-2012, 08:20 PM   #18
Oxie

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected]_old wrote:

After adding a reforger amenity, perhaps SOE could provide an encounter spawner for Guild Halls. The benefits would be profound.1) We never have to zone for anything.2) We would not have to compete for mobs. Everyone can spawn what ever they want when ever they want.3) We could make it so we never see or hear from players outside of our guild.4) The lag in cities would be so much less.Moving around in an MMO, and seeing other players, is so last year. Why bother with the inconvenience? Make the entire game occur within guild halls.

I log in to raid and then stand AFK in the guild hall to wait for the next expansion/content to happen. Once the new expansion/content happens, I go out and do quests on my main and level up my 6 crafters. I would also pester Zehl, but she can't be bothered to play anymore.

Oxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:31 PM   #19
Juggercap

Elder

It's hard to argue against a set of Thurg bells. I'd rather see less than more, but clearly less insn't going to happen.

They didn't take away your researchers. They gave them to you for free. Any other option is a replacement.

Even so, these are 2 of the silliest demands I've ever seen. Get a guild flag. Use it...or this far in, why don't you have constant access to skyshrine yet?

Run away! Run away!
Juggercap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #20
yohann koldheart

Loremaster

Juggercap wrote:

It's hard to argue against a set of Thurg bells. I'd rather see less than more, but clearly less insn't going to happen.

thurg bells arent really needed. if you have dov every one of your toons gets a painting to port you directly to thurg.

yohann koldheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #21
desaril11

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Jaezah wrote:

I normally charge extra for that, just FYI.

*waves a dollar bill* OoOo Can I be first in line?!?! LOL

Old 09-16-2012, 08:52 PM   #22
desaril11

Loremaster

yohann koldheart wrote:

Juggercap wrote:

thurg bells arent really needed. if you have dov every one of your toons gets a painting to port you directly to thurg.

And by thurg bells I think they are talking about a bell on Thurg docks, to make travel easier, not just the bell that takes you to WL.

Old 09-17-2012, 01:10 AM   #23
Calthine

ZAM EQII

[email protected] wrote:

This is silly; they should put in a 20 minute boat ride to Thurgadin docks just to spite you.

*snort*  You made me inhale coffee!

I agree, we should be able to get a bell installed.  On the other hand, the whole inconvenience is walking 10 feet and an extra click.

Please visit my non-gaming Blog! or follow me on Twitter!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:26 AM   #24
Masako
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Vigilance

Loremaster

Another +1 for a bell on Thurg docks! As for the rest I surprisingly don't mind either way. I set my city bind point to right by the reforgers so that's easy to get to, and the chronomancers aren't far away at all. If I had a call for Great Divide I'd just do this also to solve the problem of extra travel time just to grab an adornment (since that's really all I do in the DoV zones now) but since I can't well... bell please!

-| Master Carpenter and Decorator |-

Olisha - Necromancer - Crushbone | Nari - Illusionist - Crushbone | Xailah - Dirge - AB

Masako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:44 AM   #25
Mohee

Lord

Dreyco wrote:

zone to Kelethin, chrono, zone out.

might as well put chronomancer in guild halls. No need for the extra zoning just for the chance to see me in a city for 5-10 seconds. 

Same with reforger... there's no other reason to go into any cities at all. The game has already added in so many options to  void the cities of any players, may as well give people the rest of the amenities they want.

Want to bring the players back into the cities? I think the only way to do that is remove guild halls, and i don't ever see that happening.

EQ'ing since 1999
Mohee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:33 AM   #26
Levatino

Loremaster

Jaezah wrote:

Then Freeport and Qey shouldn't be so laggy 

it wasn't before the change.. yet now it's 1 (or 2, Qeynos) zone(s) and wham lag..

Old 09-17-2012, 10:33 AM   #27
Juggercap

Elder

Mohee wrote:

Dreyco wrote:

zone to Kelethin, chrono, zone out.

might as well put chronomancer in guild halls. No need for the extra zoning just for the chance to see me in a city for 5-10 seconds. 

Same with reforger... there's no other reason to go into any cities at all. The game has already added in so many options to  void the cities of any players, may as well give people the rest of the amenities they want.

Want to bring the players back into the cities? I think the only way to do that is remove guild halls, and i don't ever see that happening.

Chronomancers bring people to the cities...but since people don't actually start in them anymore, it's a useless perk to "see people" in the cities. The cities are dead despite people running an afternoons worth of quests in them or visiting the chronomancer. They are dead until they are a starting place again. They've said that's not going to happen, so they might as well offer chrono as a perk for guild halls.

Run away! Run away!
Juggercap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:46 PM   #28
Koleg
Server: Unrest_old

Lord

While you're at it; ask for something that is actually fun and beneficial at the same time.

Tinkered Repair bots return 25% of all collected repair costs back to the caster... Boom!

Koleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:05 PM   #29
decator666

Champion

Dreyco wrote:

The cities are laggy and confusing especially Quenos.

Zoning crashes my computer often.

Less zoning please.

92 Carpenter

92 Weaponsmith

92 Woodworker

92 Tailor

92 Armorsmith

92 Scribe
decator666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:32 PM   #30
Cronyn

Dwarven Dev

No.  No bells in Thurgadin.  No.  Can you imagine having some adventurer ringing bells every five seconds while you're surrounded by ice and snow?  You're just hanging out there, being a Coldain, drinking some frosty ale, and OH LOOK ANOTHER AVALANCHE THANKS ELF WIZARD LADY!  Think of the children!!!

Actually, this is something we want to do.  I can't promise EXACTLY when, but yes, we'd like to see a bell on the docks.

Don't come crying to me if the Coldain give you dirty looks every time you use it, though.