EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-31-2012, 10:12 AM   #31
Darq

Loremaster

thephantomposter wrote:

Kill BGs

Kill WFs

Get rid of fast travel.

That forces people to get their pvp kick in the open world.

That forces people to adventure in the open world.

Right now, people will do WFs. When WFs are not up they are in BGs.

If they quest, they get to where they want to be in one shot and call home.

Just my 2 cents

people would adventure if there was something to adventure for, solo questing is the most boring aspect of eq2

- remove toughness and lethality- add loot to contested mobs that is better than instanced loot- allow levellocking from level 10 on, not 30- disable BGs- disallow dungeon maker or visiting decorated houses for 5 mins after a pvp fight- fix mage dps or survivability (not both)- do NOT remove AA slider- add faction fortresses which could also be claimed by guilds (shamelessly stolen from daoc)

Darq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:02 AM   #32
Winter12345

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

You guys don't understand what's really killing open world pvp. It isn't BGs, and it isn't warfields either. It's the aa slider, and the fact that people are able to grind AA + levels in CLOSED instances rather than getting those achievement points and levels in OPEN zones.

The solution is simple; REMOVE the AA slider and make people get AA ONLY FROM QUESTS. If people are forced to get AA only from quests, they will HAVE to go out into OPEN PVP ZONES and quest obviously! Anyhow, they're called ACHIEVEMENT points, so they should be challenging to recieve.

In summary. REMOVE THE AA SLIDER and make achievement experience come from quests ONLY. This will surely stimulate open world pvp because people will be forced to go out into the open to twink their toon. You can still have level locking, but just make it where AA is ONLY from quests or nameds!!! Then, REMOVE warfields so pvp is not centered to just 3 zones.

Please give me feedback on the idea!

No, this is a pointless idea as I already mentioned in the other thread you made.

And also, that's not the reason why there is no open PVP.

You have in no way proved why this is a pointless idea. None of your reasons made the slightest sense in my other thread (which I responded to) and you've failed to give a reason to why the idea wouldn't work.

I see your opposition to the idea more out of laziness than anything else. Boo hoo, you have to actually WORK for your AA, not just spend 1 hour grinding it in a dungeon. Prove me wrong?

Winter12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:19 AM   #33
Peak
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Slice of Life

Loremaster

The reason why open PVP is dead is because people want instant gratification, and guaranteed rewards.

Battlegrounds meet both of those requirements. Warfields meet both of those requirements.

It doesn't matter if you win or lose either of those, because you'll still get rewarded.

People don't want to go and hunt for PVP when they're guaranteed to find it if they go to location X, Y, and Z.

Also, to further add to this - there are no places where people are going to quest or get gear in DOV part 2. Everything is in instances, and furthermore it's all in SS. You can instantly teleport to SS and immediately zone in with no risk of PVP. That's counterproductive to encouraging open world PVP.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:29 AM   #34
Winter12345

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

The reason why open PVP is dead is because people want instant gratification, and guaranteed rewards.

Battlegrounds meet both of those requirements. Warfields meet both of those requirements.

It doesn't matter if you win or lose either of those, because you'll still get rewarded.

People don't want to go and hunt for PVP when they're guaranteed to find it if they go to location X, Y, and Z.

Also, to further add to this - there are no places where people are going to quest or get gear in DOV part 2. Everything is in instances, and furthermore it's all in SS. You can instantly teleport to SS and immediately zone in with no risk of PVP. That's counterproductive to encouraging open world PVP.

So your solution to open world pvp is to have never ending warfields? How does that even fix open world pvp? All that would do is contain pvp to 3 zones. Antonica, Enchanted Lands, or Kylong Plains.

Winter12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:56 AM   #35
Peak
Guild: Slice of Life

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

So your solution to open world pvp is to have never ending warfields? How does that even fix open world pvp? All that would do is contain pvp to 3 zones. Antonica, Enchanted Lands, or Kylong Plains.

Go find Exur's post about open world PVP being dead.

The type of gameplay people are dreaming about is long gone.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:23 AM   #36
ysslik

Loremaster

Make open pvp gear better then bg gear make it like pve gear vs pvp gear is now both good but both are better in thier own enviroment.

Its been said many times that healthy pvp enviroment needs  heathy pve enviroment.So the i ilke the long quest lines that involve no instances.

more contested names in the open But they need to drop stuff people whant.

I think open pvp should have  a double token weekend.Since bgs just had one.

WF good concept on paper but just doesnt realy work in reality.basically its a zerg And i had more fun in the kp zerg trying to get to the writ giver or trying to block the writ giver from the other factions.2 reasons 

1) it was something all factions needed and didnt want the other too get it.

2) the most important it wasnt scripted players decided to do it 

We need something like that. 

ysslik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:03 AM   #37
Daalilama
Guild: Illuminati

Loremaster

The old TG/DL zerg in kp was tbh better pvp then it is today.  The battles to get the the writ giver at TG was at its basis organized chaos and there would be hours of non stop large scale battles not sure why SOE decided to carebear open world pvp and add the warfields...as a side benefit the lag at the zerg was funny enough 1/10th if that of todays current warfields....

Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:53 PM   #38
Vlahkmaak
Server: Venekor
Guild: Opus Dei

Loremaster

We saw an increase in open world PVP in SS at at opening zone quest givers with the release of the SS content.  Had the PVP/BG armor upgrade been availible at the start I think everyone would have been alot happier.  Next lvl cap change/ or major pve armor upgrade SOE must release a pvp/bg update at the same time to corespond with the pve update to keep the pvp/e game married.

Vlahkmaak 92 Troll Guardian Nagafen

Dwyrm 92 Dwarf Paladin Nagafen

Shoofaug 92 Iksar bruiser Nagafen

Vlah 92 Troll Inqy Nagafen

Vlahk 50 SK Nagafen

Glavlahnus 92 Woodelf Ranger, betrayed and back again

Cructik 92 TROLL BL Nagafen
Vlahkmaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:01 PM   #39
Balrok

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

We saw an increase in open world PVP in SS at at opening zone quest givers with the release of the SS content.  Had the PVP/BG armor upgrade been availible at the start I think everyone would have been alot happier.  Next lvl cap change/ or major pve armor upgrade SOE must release a pvp/bg update at the same time to corespond with the pve update to keep the pvp/e game married.

Dev flat out told me this mistake would not happen again.  He wasn't around for DoV release and apologized for missing this with SkyShrine.  We'll see... but at least he owned up-to-it.  The PvP dev is also the proc dev... so he said all future procs would be evaluated for PvP before releasing.  He promised. 

Olihin

Balrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:01 PM   #40
Twinbladed
Guild: Illuminati

Loremaster

I love the assumption that bg's are this huge factor in the lack nagafen.

1. Amp up the player's confidence

2. Learn how to play the class you have

3. Stop making excuses why you failed, and start thinking of how to fix the flaws you noticed

If I were to put anything as a finger point as to why people lost all of the above, I would put it on WF's, not BG's. What made it ok to die over and over without a loss or penalty in a mindless pvp mindset that people still go on today to do? Why is it, you can't go any place and find someone to kill, why does the clock have to strike every two hours for people to come out and fight??? What made people think that the only hope they have of getting any place in pvp was only being inside of a group hold? PvP was lost when it became completely mindless. I know someone has taken the time to actually think about how player's were before they came, and how they are now. You adapt to a enviroment so long that you forget about what it was like before, yet you feel the need to have what used to be back. You got to learn how to play like you did before. Playing for title's was a fail, playing for gear was a fail, playing for tokens was a fail. I remember when playing for fun was the win.

Twinbladed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:27 PM   #41
thephantomposter

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I love the assumption that bg's are this huge factor in the lack nagafen.

No assumption, fact. WFs trained people to pvp during a certain time, taking away from open world pvp. Then came BGs, this trained people to get their pvp kick in a seperate zone, which is not a part of open world pvp. There was a huge amount of pvp and now its all divided up. To many options, so little accounts.

I know someone has taken the time to actually think about how player's were before they came, and how they are now. You adapt to a enviroment so long that you forget about what it was like before, yet you feel the need to have what used to be back.

I could agree with this except for the fact that open world declined DURING WFs and was killed DURING BGs. The are other factors like speedy travel too. I played during all of this and before, I know what I experienced.

I guess I am in the minority. Shame, was one of the most exciting games to play before. I have a feeling I will be on permafrost from now on.

thephantomposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:44 AM   #42
Kagink

Historian

1. Create gear called artifacts. This gear comes from contested zones.
  2. The gear called artifacts have a player holding life of 7 days. This life can be extended bye killing players of the opostite faction which feeds the artifact. one kill will equal 12 hours only in open field pvp. (if a player gains an artifact and dosent kill anyone or die in open world pvp the item dissapears and goes back to the boss it came from)
  3. although there maybe 100 artifacts if the artifact expires it will tell everyone who is in the game or logs into the game that the artifact will respawn on a certain boss at such time.
  4. If a player with an artifact is killed it is automatically dropped and lootable.
  5. All players  carrying an artifact will be querable with the command /arti or /relic
  6. Artifacts can be used in bgs but not "fed" by praticipating or killing in bgs nor is it lootable in bgs.
  7. artifacts are very powerful items whether being armor or weapons they are the best of the best gear.

Thats what i would do if i had any input.

ps. make more zones if not all zones on nag contested.

Peace!

Kagink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:26 PM   #43
japanfour

Loremaster

I dont think BGs or warfields train people to do anything. They are just the logical choices to choose if you want to earn pvp gear the fastest way, the hotzones they recently introduced are flopping, no one wants to go out there for the extra 2 marks per kill( wow instead of 3-5 marks i get 6-8 marks per standard kill, you guys realise how much this gear costs? Pro tip: 10 looks alot bigger than 9, a dollar looks more than 99 cents, do you understand what logic I am getting at?).

We need more options in world pvp, or none at all so we are forced to just do it the old way. The one option we have is kind of forcing us to do the same thing at once, which results in lag, bugged out warfields, etc.

japanfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #44
japanfour

Loremaster

EDIT: my pc sucks and makes a post whenever I press enter.

japanfour is offline   Reply With Quote