EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Mystic
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-07-2010, 05:40 PM   #31
Hess
Server: Oasis
Guild: Ka Tet of Honour

General

great walk through!  got my fabled just 8 hours after turning 80 cus of you guys.  one quick question though do i need to do any access quests or anthing like that before i can enter those raid zones?  thanks for the info

Hess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:38 AM   #32
Banditman

Loremaster

Honestly, if you are talking about the raid zones to get your Mythical epic, I wouldn't bother.  Simply level up to 90 and do the quest to turn your Epic into a self buff.  It doesn't care whether you have the Mythical or Fabled version, the spell you get is exactly the same.

Old 02-10-2010, 06:39 PM   #33
Hess

General

i get what your saying but i just want to get it to say i got it, and i doubt they will have a better weapon to grind form 80-90 with.  i hear i have to raid Levi to get access to VP is this true?  and what about the other zone for Venril Sathir?   i just dont want to find a raid and get slammed for not having access.  thanks for the info

Old 02-10-2010, 07:14 PM   #34
Banditman

Loremaster

For a Mystic, you need the following raids (minimum):

Execution Throne Room (Pawbuster)

Venril Sathir's Lair (Venril Sathir)

Chamber of Destiny (Leviathan)

Veeshan's Peak (Hoshkar {wing two boss})

Getting to 90 will not be any faster with your Mythical than it will with the Fabled.  If you are grouping, the Fabled is more than adequate to your needs.  If you are solo'ing, a long delay 2 hander will serve you far, far better than either the Mythical or the Fabled epic weapon.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:17 PM   #35
Eveningsong

Tester

There is no longer any prerequisite raid for access to kill Venril Sethir, just Leviathan for VP access.

Eveningsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:47 PM   #36
AziBam

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

i get what your saying but i just want to get it to say i got it, and i doubt they will have a better weapon to grind form 80-90 with. 

You might want to look into running the Thex Mallet HQ.  It rewards a good 2-hander and the quest isn't really that bad as HQs go.

AziBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:18 PM   #37
Hess

General

thanks for the info guys.

Old 02-13-2010, 07:50 AM   #38
Anadorn

Loremaster

Leveling solo or or with a group that's not in instance zone no I would say you won't need your myth'd version and you'll most likely want to use a 2 hander (Thex hammer like mentioned is good as is the hammer that drops in DF) however there are some shard zones that I'll likely still run for a little change of pace and pop an xp potion and there are a handful of them that most groups won't even let you go without it.

What's the deal on the quest to make it a spell as well?  I've heard that you can get the quest at 80 but it's a lvl 85 quest and I've also heard you can't get it until 90.  So do people with fabled version have to wait until they reach new cap or can they convert soon as the expansion is released?

Anadorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:47 AM   #39
Thunderthyze

Loremaster

Banditman wrote:

For a Mystic, you need the following raids (minimum):

Execution Throne Room (Pawbuster)

Venril Sathir's Lair (Venril Sathir)

Chamber of Destiny (Leviathan)

Veeshan's Peak (Hoshkar {wing two boss})

Getting to 90 will not be any faster with your Mythical than it will with the Fabled.  If you are grouping, the Fabled is more than adequate to your needs.  If you are solo'ing, a long delay 2 hander will serve you far, far better than either the Mythical or the Fabled epic weapon.

Bear in mind the raid mobs have been made far easier over the last year. PB can be a x2 for the difficulty it presents. VS no longer has the fail conditions it once did and VP can now be cleared in any order you like, you no longer need to clear wing 1 to progress to wing 2 etc. Heck you could even clear it by working backwards from the Trakanon zone in.

Thunderthyze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:59 PM   #40
Hess

General

I just wanted to stop in and thank you guys for the info and the great post.  Got my mythical today after a month or so waiting on a raid to get to Hoshkar in VP.  Was about 45 min. late to work today to get it but it was worth it in my opinion and I cant wait to get home and try it out.  Thanks again...

Old 09-15-2010, 03:13 PM   #41
naMessiah

Loremaster

Has anyone done the Defiled Tomb of Valor lately and know if it's bugged? Or know why I can't zone in there?

Tried solo (I'm lvl 80). Nothing happend. No message.

Tried with me and 2 guildies (lvl 89 and 90). Also with both of 'em mentoring me. Nothing.

naMessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:07 PM   #42
xedo2

Augur

Is harvesting (mining/gathering/foresting) still needed for the mystic epic or did the change that?

xedo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:54 AM   #43
Banditman

Loremaster

To my knowledge, this quest has not changed in years.  The only difference between now and the initial release remains that there is no need to do the raid portion in order to get the mythical effects.

Old 12-17-2010, 03:38 AM   #44
Gahnand
Server: Unrest
Guild: Equilibrium

Loremaster

why not just go to eq2.wikia.com where all the answers to your questing questions can be found ESPECIALLY the epic quests