EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Tavern > Norrathian Homeshow
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-30-2009, 09:28 PM   #31
KerowynnKaotic

Tormentor of Fae

Haohmaru wrote:

*snipped*

I am SOOO freaking happy about the windows in Kelethin .. I was one of the several dozen people clapping maddly when it was announced during the Art Panel!  I totally lost track of who said what .. it's odd to finally see all these faces when all you've ever known was a forumname.   ( we have some ADORABLE devs, btw!! )  So, Thank you very much if it was you! 

But, I was wondering if it would be possible to add in a small enclosed patio for largest room houses, in Kelethin (the 5-6?)?  With a door instead coming from where the 'window' would have been out to a small 3' * 4' area with a built up wall of maybe 1' - 2' up and then the rest would be of "glass" material or even small squares representing tiny windows to cover the entire area.   'Of course the view would be of the similar nature to the 'windows' .. just on a larger scale.  

I'm sure that would take longer and while I'm not sure on anyone else .. I'm more than happy to wait another year for it.  Not like I am going anywhere, anyway.  SOE owns part of may soul and refuses to sell it back to me ...

--

In regards to the Wall/Floor Options ... Since I've heard the "no" on that soo many times, I've totally given up on that .. 

But, can we please get more Divider and Rug options, using the existing Q&FP wall/floor options as well as the various other cities House options?   We have Kelethin's walls as our very 1st Divider and that's nice but we don't have an matching Floor option (one in which you can see the same graphic from below as from the top, btw!). 

Be it Crafted (my personal choice), Quested or Live Event Purchase .. if you gave us the means of creating our own walls that harmonize with the existing walls as well as allow our own personal styles that would be one way around the whole wanting to create a wall/floor/trim system.  The only real bonus in the W/F/T system is in the fact that it doesn't take up an itemslot.  Because, even with the existing choices it's very limited, some rooms don't work & only so many options available per type/room/city, so giving us our own way to creating the system would be better, imo. *shrug*

KerowynnKaotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:27 PM   #32
Llieam

Loremaster

Just awesome news!  I wonder what Maj Dul will be like...

Llieam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:41 PM   #33
Karrane1

Tester

Wow Haohmaru!! Thank you so much for your post :o) I am sooo looking forward to seeing all the new changes =))) And thanks also for addressing the item count for us /HUGS!!!
Old 06-30-2009, 11:10 PM   #34
Haohmaru

Zombie Dev

Llieam wrote:

Maj'dul is an interesting beast. It never followed the conventions that Freeport/Qeynos informally started, hence their smaller size for one. The fact so many surfaces weren't setup to work well with the object placement system at the time only backs this up (I'm talking to you, sloped floor and angled walls).

Jumping forward... Maj'Dul should feel like another location to call home so it definitely needs to be more inline with the other homes created since launch. I'll tell you that on our to-do list is: improving their size by adding rooms, adding skylights and... oh man, those floors are sooo getting fixed so items aren't cut off around the room edges (this will cause some items to need readjustment if around the edges). Since the changes are more extensive, we're not giving a timeline on Maj'Dul just yet, but we're shooting for the same update.

Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:23 PM   #35
Hikinami
Server: Lucan DLere

Loremaster

Oh my gawd!!!!! Maj'dul is getting work done Soon (TM) holy crap yayGuess I need to beg for more dervish outfits in items and equipment or SC threads now.

Hikinami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:26 PM   #36
and0ra77

Loremaster

Hope item count goes up by at least 100 for these changes. Already need more space with so much quested house items.

and0ra77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:51 PM   #37
Beckah

Tester

Oh! My! Wow!

*huggles the devs* Thanks so very much!  I'm so very happy about all of these changes!  I'm clinging to my seat to see about the item counts, but just wow.

Looking forward to all of the changes!!! SMILEY

Beckah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:00 AM   #38
Writer Cal

Loremaster

Haohmaru wrote:

Llieam wrote:

Maj'dul is an interesting beast. It never followed the conventions that Freeport/Qeynos informally started, hence their smaller size for one. The fact so many surfaces weren't setup to work well with the object placement system at the time only backs this up (I'm talking to you, sloped floor and angled walls).

Jumping forward... Maj'Dul should feel like another location to call home so it definitely needs to be more inline with the other homes created since launch. I'll tell you that on our to-do list is: improving their size by adding rooms, adding skylights and... oh man, those floors are sooo getting fixed so items aren't cut off around the room edges (this will cause some items to need readjustment if around the edges). Since the changes are more extensive, we're not giving a timeline on Maj'Dul just yet, but we're shooting for the same update.

<3!  My hero!!!  Thank you!  I always loved Maj'dul, kept wanting to set up some character homes there, but kept getting frustrated with the above mentioned issues.  Woohoo!!

Member of the Tom Tobey Fan Club since 2010.

Homeshow Designs:

Deluxe Seaside Cottage

Reckoning Goes Corporate
Writer Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:19 AM   #39
Kamimura

Loremaster

Oh man, I'm so excited to hear about the coming changes to the homes in Maj'Dul. SMILEY I've always loved the city, but felt the homes were a little lacking, although still fun to play with.. Very much looking forward to seeing the changes here, and perhaps moving back more of my characters to the city. Another question, though.. is this expansion material, or something that will be coming out in one of the GUs leading up to it?

Kamimura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:26 AM   #40
Transen

Loremaster

I'm hesitent to say anything that might be taken negatively.  I really think the windows in kelethin are long over-due and I'm glad time is being taken to do them right.

...With that said, I think the color of the window frames doesn't fit well with the over-all look of the city.  Don't get me wrong, by themselves they look just fine.  I think a more natural finish would work better, something darker in either brown or green. 

Below are a couple variations on what I'm thinking towards but my skills with photoshop's color alteration options is very limited but this should give ya a basic idea of what I mean:

Old 07-01-2009, 01:42 AM   #41
Firecracker
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Knights of Qeynos

Loremaster

Haohmaru wrote:

I am curious though could you maybe put in inclosed patio with latis type walls in these along with the extra room too?

Also with the 5 room freeport houses I would like to see windows similar how they look on outside. I think they would be similar to the one that is upstairs going outside perhaps? I would like to have one in the room where the stairs are and one in the center room, a small one in the low roof room, and one in the room upstairs along? I always thought it was odd the 5 room houses only really has one big (bed)room upstairs when a house in RL would have more rooms without us adding them. I am not counting the open loft area as a room nor the open area by staircase to attic in the 5 room qeynos houses. So I am happy to hear we are getting extra rooms.

Old 07-01-2009, 01:46 AM   #42
Kamimura

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

...With that said, I think the color of the window frames doesn't fit well with the over-all look of the city.  Don't get me wrong, by themselves they look just fine.  I think a more natural finish would work better, something darker in either brown or green. 

I agree. I think the design is very beautiful and fits well with the city, but the color could use a bit of tweaking.. like that darker brown you show.

Kamimura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:58 AM   #43
DonVi

General

As for the item count:I already would be glad if only the status items would be counted. Meaning trophy's, HQ items, mannequins and the items on them, the stacked books you received fom quests, and all other non status items, would not be counted among the maximum allowed items.

Perhaps even counting only the status items that give the highest bonus. Now it's a HELL to find the items that give the lowest bonus and swap them, if you receive a new item with a lot of status.

And one other single thing would be great too. I'd really want to move from 5 Erollisi Lane to 2 or 4 Bayle court... as I'd enjoy the extra sellers spot... but I won't, because it's way too much work to redecorate such large houses.The annyoing thing is that both housings are exactly the same, except for the extra slot or possibly a higher item count. Why can't we chose to move between homes that are exactly the same without having to redecorate?

Of course, there definitely are a lot of people who like to redecorate, and I'd not mind too much either... if it weren't for those @#$%&* books... SMILEY they are such a pest to get into the book shelves...But a well stuffed library is a must for any self respecting at least moderately intelligent being!

Or are there plans to solve those book case issues too? That would be AWESOME! Maybe one could give items some optional sort of "magnetic", meaning that they snap into the spot you try to put it into by themselves, as soon as you are near the spot with the item, just like most painting programmes have as an option.

---

Zerzal Nephardyuel

Paladinesse of Mithaniel Marr

Knightesse of the venerable brotherhood of Saga

---

Server: Antonia Bayle
DonVi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 07:13 AM   #44
SilkenKidden

Loremaster

Wow.  I think SOE finally realized how great their housing is and how much better it can be.  Do you know how many people are decorating dinky homes in Yoville on Facebook?  SOE should shoot up some screen shots of EQ2 housing in the ads to the right of the Facebook homepages.  Or start up an EQ2 fansite there and give Yo Coins for members. It will make the Yo Yos eat their hearts out  Or come play here. 

Hmm. I think I'll put my Manor in SQ up in a Facebook Album

SilkenKidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 07:25 AM   #45
DonVi

General

SilkenKidden said: Hmm. I think I'll put my Manor in SQ up in a Facebook Album

GACK! What have you DONE!?Now you started it! ARGH! Gotta do that too...  

---

Zerzal Nephardyuel

Paladinesse of Mithaniel Marr

Knightesse of the venerable brotherhood of Saga

---

Server: Antonia Bayle
DonVi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 07:34 AM   #46
SilkenKidden

Loremaster

DonVito wrote:

LOL.  Maybe someone will start a EQ2 Norrathian Homeshow there.  Not me though.  

Old 07-01-2009, 08:46 AM   #47
Avanya
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Cohort Chalybeius

Loremaster

Wow, just wow.  I have been one of those annoying people making numerous posts practically begging for kelethin windows.   I am thrilled.  It's like Frostfell in July!  Last night, myself and another house lover were so excited, we were practically squealing with delight at the beginning of a raid LOL.  The window is just beautiful and the fact that it looks out over Gfay is more than I ever expected.  I thank you soooo much for hearing us on this one and doing such a great job.

The additional room is really cool except that I already have to block off rooms in my houses because I run out of item count   I would love for the item count to be raised.  I don't care if it's free, crafted, quested, faction item, even (Erollisi forbid) station cash at a reasonably low price (shhh I never said that ).  I'm sure that there's some work involved in raising the limit, but it would be greatly appreciated by home owners all over Norrath.

I don't know what else to say because I am in shock and so excited.  But thank you!  You guys do listen to us and you're awesome!

Oh, btw, I do agree with the poster who suggested a darker brown for the window.  It seems to blend in better with the walls.

Avanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:43 AM   #48
tkia

Tester

Haohmaru wrote:

While you're waging war on those sloped floors and angled walls and are doing a pass on the Qeynos and Freeport houses to add the new room any chance that you could find time to level off a few floors and walls there too?

I was trying to lay a lawn of grass squares in the upper garden of a freeport 5 room last week and I had to lift them up several small notches to avoid the corners disappearing into the gravel floor.  And there are several walls that swallow the edges of pictures.  Not to mention the surface on the good old Qeynos attic dirt patch and the basement walls.

tkia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:45 AM   #49
Karrane1

Tester

Just a thought about item count.... Ppl are suggesting gaining item count from making things like Lore and Legend rewards free count... I would agree except that because of item count, I took all those things out of my house a long time ago 8(.. so making them free will not effect my item count not at all. I am NOT saying not to make them free count!! I would love to bring all mine back. But to affect item count now, just making old items like that free count isnt going to help much, if at all.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:11 AM   #50
Beckah

Tester

[email protected] wrote:

DonVito wrote:

I'm not exactly sure how you create something like that, but I did make a norrathian homeshow page. lol Do you need to do anything special with it?

I created a group.  Just search "Norrathian Homeshow" and it shows up. lol

Beckah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:48 AM   #51
Aarchaangel

Loremaster

I already posted this earlier, BUT - will the rent in our homes change with the new room additions? For example, will status points or more gold be added to the cost?

Aarchaangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:34 AM   #52
Cyndaria

Lord

I have a question. What about guild halls? Is there any planned updates for them as well? Now that there is no amenity restrictions my guild probably won't move to a T3 hall anytime soon. However, current guild halls leave me lacking, I wish there was a small front yard before you go into the actual hall.

Thanks for any info!

--Cayrie

Leader of Leviathan of BB

Home Decorator
Cyndaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:37 AM   #53
cr0wangel

Loremaster

Haohmaru wrote:

What about Mara? Is there a chance we get houses at Mara one day? It could be similar houses from Qeynos (no need to design new houses) but doors at Mara will be nice.

cr0wangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:48 AM   #54
Bruji

Loremaster

OMG!!!!! Im so happy I cant wait!!!!! THANKS SOOOO MUCH! Would love patio areas if at all possible.
Bruji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:38 PM   #55
Anestacia

Loremaster

I have a suggestion about Item count.  As I understand it, the main reasoning for an item count in the first place is to counter performance issues.  I say do away with item count all together, or make it REALLY high and place a meter on the screen before you enter a home that gives you a warning if the house has alot of items that it may lag you out.  We will just use current counts; lets say you have 500 items in a house, the meter would be Green, but the next house has 850 so the meter may be yellow and then finally you go to another house (probably mine) and its got 1675 items then the meter would read Red.  I know it would never be exact but atleast it would give people with poor performing systems a heads up to enter at thier own risk.

Old 07-01-2009, 12:43 PM   #56
Arbreth

Loremaster

Maj'Dul luv?  Yeah!!  My SK will be so happy.

I 2nd any notion for patios anywhere!  (Give Drenear's Maj'Dul house another room and a patio area (which would make his space 5 'rooms'.) 

Thought on the windows...  What if we could make those, like we do the room dividers, and put them anywhere we want?  (Visions of a room circled entirely by those windows in Lesallen & Aurani's home. *drool* )  I know that would be a coding nightmare for 'see-through' desires, but...  I would love to be able to put a window where I want it.

2nd the notion for more dividers and placeable floor options (include the new grass in this, can we make it bigger?).  Floors that we can use to make more stories that are not see through and are solid?  You know they will end up as new ceilings too, and used on exisitng floors like rugs, right?  *grins*

I would prefer crafted for these (I will NEVER buy anything from SmedTrash), or something attached to Domino's new instances.  (Can we have more of those? LOL)  I would not even mind a repeatable Gnome Quest similar to the hungry Halfling in TS.

Yes, please, up the item counts!  L&L and HQ rewards as well as books should not count towards our limits, but as one poster has said, the base count simply needs increasing.

Arbreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:47 PM   #57
Rheem
Server: Blackburrow
Guild: Guardians of the Stars

Loremaster

I have I question conerning windows and exterior landscapes.

Now I'm not sure about the others, but the Qeynos Tier 2 Guild hall has four windows in it, that just peer out into sky, which would be fine if it were located in in the overrealm, but not in a city.

Are the any plans to perhaps fix this? I know its not on the top of the list, but I feel its something that needs to be done.

Old 07-01-2009, 01:09 PM   #58
SilkenKidden

Loremaster

Beckah wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

DonVito wrote:

I'm not exactly sure how you create something like that, but I did make a norrathian homeshow page. lol Do you need to do anything special with it?

I created a group.  Just search "Norrathian Homeshow" and it shows up. lol

I found it.  Everquest's Norrathian Homeshow.  I'm asking to be friend.    I'm not too sure about the difference between a FB group and an FB profile.  They seem to be the same from the member's end.  But you as admin can do a lot. 

LOL.  I don't know what to do with it.  I was suggesting someone else start something like that for EQ people, but if you don't have any idea of what to do with it, I sure don't.  Anyway, come by my page and look at my EQ album.  Now that I think about it, I should create a separate identity on FB for my main EQ character.  Then I won't have to worry about too much exposure there. 

Old 07-01-2009, 02:14 PM   #59
Domino

Loremaster

We do indeed plan to up the item count when the rooms are added.  Exact details are still being worked out, and subject to change still, but an additional 100 items is probably a reasonable expectation.

And yes, there is player housing planned for New Halas.  SMILEY

Domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:33 PM   #60
Eveningsong

Tester

So does that mean that the starter 1 room apartments will be 2 room? SMILEY  Awesome plans for housing, btw, you're making a lot of players very happy hehe.

Eveningsong is offline   Reply With Quote