EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > Forum Help and Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-13-2007, 05:06 PM   #1
Hammerfel

Developer

1. We're going to change it so you keep your post count and creation date no matter which persona you post under. (yay!)
  2. Adding links to make it easier to find your own public profile
  3. Adding a "Switch Personas" link to the links along the top to make that easier to access. FYI - you can switch personas only once per day. This is to prevent people from having "me too!" conversations with themselves. SMILEY
  4. We're going to allow users to set their handle to the same name as their Station account. Please be aware this is a security risk if you happen to do this. It makes it easier for people to guess your login. If you do choose to do this, don't post about it. SMILEY
  5. Adding some text to the Persona Privacy Management screen to make it more obvious what those checkboxes are for (they are for making particular games or characters visible on your public profile. Don't check them if you want to keep your Alts secret)
Sony Online Entertainment
www.EQ2Players.com
Hammerfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 05:09 PM   #2
Matia

Loremaster

Those will help some Hammerfel, thanks.
Matia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 05:11 PM   #3
Xadius

Loremaster

Awesome, thanks for the updates.
Xadius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 05:41 PM   #4
thedu

General

This is probably nitpicking but can some kind of box or lines be put around "quotes".  The current look is difficult to follow at times. Especially in quote's within quote's.
thedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 05:48 PM   #5
Fringe

Loremaster

thedump wrote:
This is probably nitpicking but can some kind of box or lines be put around "quotes".  The current look is difficult to follow at times. Especially in quote's within quote's.

I was having the same problem with Quotes. It's not a solution but in the meantime you can use the Bold feature to highlight the quote and the Insert Horizontal Ruler to separate them from the rest of your post.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:15 PM   #6
CyraDUS

Loremaster

I am liking those changes!!
Old 02-13-2007, 06:18 PM   #7
SilkenKidden

Loremaster

Hammerfel wrote:
  1. We're going to change it so you keep your post count and creation date no matter which persona you post under. (yay!)
  2. Adding links to make it easier to find your own public profile
  3. Adding a "Switch Personas" link to the links along the top to make that easier to access. FYI - you can switch personas only once per day. This is to prevent people from having "me too!" conversations with themselves. SMILEY
  4. We're going to allow users to set their handle to the same name as their Station account. Please be aware this is a security risk if you happen to do this. It makes it easier for people to guess your login. If you do choose to do this, don't post about it. SMILEY
  5. Adding some text to the Persona Privacy Management screen to make it more obvious what those checkboxes are for (they are for making particular games or characters visible on your public profile. Don't check them if you want to keep your Alts secret)

I COULD NOT SET MY HANDLE TO STATION ID AND I AM VERY ANNOYED AT NOT BE ABLE TO DO SO.  I AM ANNOYED AT BEING MADE TO JUMP THROUGH HOOPS JUST TO POST A MESSAGE HERE AFTER TWO YEARS IN THE GAME. 

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT.  YOU NERFED IT.  NOW YOU NEED TO FIX IT.

SilkenKidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 06:20 PM   #8
ArivenGemini

Loremaster

Hammerfel wrote:
  1. We're going to allow users to set their handle to the same name as their Station account. Please be aware this is a security risk if you happen to do this. It makes it easier for people to guess your login. If you do choose to do this, don't post about it. SMILEY
Can we go back and do this after we are already registered?
Old 02-13-2007, 06:21 PM   #9
ArivenGemini

Loremaster

thedump wrote:
Hopefully they will make this change soon..  I ended up using an add-on with firefox to give blockquotes a box around them.. SMILEY  but SOE can add one line to a css file and do the same for everyone. 
Old 02-13-2007, 06:28 PM   #10
Caliga

Loremaster

Please give us the ability to float threads and forums to the top.  That is how I kept up with which threads I was following and since notification doesn't work its nearly impossible for me to know if anyone has responded to what I've said. Edit: Glad to see we have the edit button now.  If floaties are out of the question can we at least have a different icon for posts we've responded to?  That would help greatly in keeping conversations going.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:46 PM   #11
Sassums

Loremaster

Will these changes affect all the forums? I know the same log in as display name information made it over to the SWG boards and its not to say, the best thing over there. Also how do you have more then 1 "persona"? For the life of me I cant figure it out.
Sassums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 07:55 PM   #12
Toredorf

Loremaster

What about the Zone and Population forum? lots of people want it back.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:13 PM   #13
Shailas

Loremaster

Hammerfel...any update on when/if we will be able to float or bookmark threads?
Shailas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 03:13 AM   #14
Nuhus

Loremaster

FYI mine seems to rendomly switch between Nuhus and [email protected] Bayle when posting for some reason.

Also future request: When you type something like ( 58 ) - with no spaces it ends out as (5SMILEY is there a way that could be set so if something preceeds the 8 ) that it won't convert to a smiley?

Nuhus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 03:34 AM   #15
Nemissis

Lord

Sounds great! Any chance you are able to include the old station smily faces i miss them lol or does it not allow you to do that hehe =) o btw had a horrible time locating things at the begining but maby you guys could do a temp forum with a screen shot and were to find me of everything =P took me forever to login lol =P  lol may be a lil late tho =P love the new forum! only thing i miss is those dam smily faces =D lol
Nemissis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 06:52 AM   #16
DaLurk

General

No RSS Feed planed ? SMILEY I missed them.

Leks V`Ghera - Mistmoore
DaLurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 03:19 PM   #17
Runewind

Fansite Staff

Are we going to be able to see our forum title? As it stands now pretty much everyone is "Forum User"
Old 02-15-2007, 08:08 AM   #18
Selfea

Loremaster

thedump wrote:

*points at box* ^^ edit: aw now I'm sad. There's a box around it in the reply box, but it's not there on the post SMILEY

edit2: yay! now there's a box! it's like magic!

Old 02-16-2007, 06:29 PM   #19
Surroth
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Church of Steel

Lord

Would it be possible to add back the "Previous" and "Next" thread links.  It is slow to go back to main room to drill down to the thread you want to view.

Thanks,

Surroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 06:40 PM   #20
Nacoa

Loremaster

Colored Text appears to be working in new posts, but does not work when editing old posts.
Nacoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 07:40 PM   #21
Captain_Xpendab

General

The biggest thing for me is not having the ability to jump to the first unread post.  It irritates me that this seems to have been overlooked as I consider this to be a core standard feature that should be expected of any forum put out these days.

It's been nice working with you GIR, now self destruct.

FINALLY!!!HEhehehehehehehe *BOOM*

"One foozlebit short of a fwinger"
Captain_Xpendab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 08:46 PM   #22
Spider

Loremaster

how about the small issue of posts showing as read when there are infact new unread posts in the thread ?

this happens about 80% of the time  SMILEY it makes me sad

Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 04:16 AM   #23
-Sentinel-

Loremaster

Spider wrote:

how about the small issue of posts showing as read when there are infact new unread posts in the thread ?

this happens about 80% of the time  SMILEY it makes me sad

Spider, Can you give me more specific details of when and where you see this?  Are you logged in at the time?  Does it say Logout [Spider] at the top next to the Private Messages link?  Are you running a browser that supports cookies (and cookies are enabled)?  Basically when you aren't logged in, all threads will appear as read.  When you are logged in, it will track read/unread messages  for your account. Thanks, Sentinel
-Sentinel- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:57 PM   #24
Jahiah

Loremaster

are there any plans to 'tweak' the search function?  at current, there is no way to 'sort by' the search.  if i search for 'commands' i get messages randomly dated from 2004 to current time but no way to sort it by date, forum, etc at all.

would also LOVE the column that shows the exact number of new posts to that forum since you last read them

Old 02-20-2007, 04:54 AM   #25
tebion

Loremaster

Captain_Xpendable wrote:
The biggest thing for me is not having the ability to jump to the first unread post.  It irritates me that this seems to have been overlooked as I consider this to be a core standard feature that should be expected of any forum put out these days.
QFE that and i am really missing the column in the overview that shows me how many unread posts  are in that thread. And i really prefered that bold/non bold difference of thread-subject (in the overview again) that showed me if a thread has unread posts or not.

small and proud of it
tebion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:50 PM   #26
Shailas

Loremaster

I really...really miss board float/bookmark and the ability to jump to the last unread post.  SMILEY
Shailas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:52 PM   #27
dawy

Loremaster

I miss the email notification of new posts :/
dawy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:27 PM   #28
-Sentinel-

Loremaster

dawy wrote:
Are you talking about being able to watch an entire forum for new topics being created?  Because email notification of replies to posts you are watching should work. Sentinel
-Sentinel- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:42 PM   #29
Fringe

Loremaster

-Sentinel- wrote:
dawy wrote:
Are you talking about being able to watch an entire forum for new topics being created?  Because email notification of replies to posts you are watching should work. Sentinel

But it doesn't and hasn't since day one. I've been logged in & out several times. I've checked my email address. I've double checked to make sure that I have marked the thread as Watched yet never once gotten any email notifications for threads or PMs. As a matter of fact, there's no indication of a new PM what so ever unless you go to the PM section.

Also, any updated list on what we can expect over the next several weeks. There are a lot of outstanding issues that have been discussed but we just don't know where they stand in the grand scheme of things. Any insight would be highly appreciated. Thank you kindly.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:25 PM   #30
selch

Lord

Any planned changes that this board can be slightly better?

No word on programming, but whoever designed interface, however designed CSS failed miserably...