EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > Tradeskill Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-08-2017, 04:26 PM   #1
Gerak

While checking out the recipes in PoP, I noticed the lack of recipes for Backpack (Tailor) and Strongbox (Carpenter). This will be the first tier without a new Backpack/strongbox. There have been expansions with level cap raise before but it was only a partial tier cap raise.
No TS Quests.
No new bags.
No Harvesting help.

Insert expletive here _______________!
Old 11-08-2017, 04:44 PM   #2
Jhen Ro

It's beta, maybe they aren't in yet.

Because having 11 tiers of new bags and then none for 12 is.... Yeah.
Old 11-08-2017, 04:58 PM   #3
Mermut

To be honest, I don't expect they plan on ever giving more bags or boxes. They've mentioned how extra inventory makes character files bigger and bigger, making load times longer and longer.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 05:28 PM   #4
Alenna

I can understand that so ok no larger bags and boxes for carpenters which leaves them for decorators I guess.
Alenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 05:47 PM   #5
knine

They sell 66 slot bags on marketplace. They could give the option to Crafter’s to make at least 60 slot bags/boxes.
knine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 05:51 PM   #6
Jhen Ro

+1 to this. If having 60 slot bags was an issue, we wouldn't have the 66'ers on the marketplace.
Old 11-08-2017, 06:02 PM   #7
Mermut

Most people aren't going to spend 999 dbc for every slot on every toon
If they're craftable that is 6 (inventory) + 6 (house vault) + 12 (personal bank) and then 8 for shared bank.

I won't object if they do make them, but since the last time they gave us new craftable containers was back in Withered Lands combined with the far back seat tradeskilling is taking this expac, I'm making an educated guess.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:54 AM   #8
knine

I doubt everyone will fill up every slot either. There are people that buy lots of stuff from station cash and I wouldn’t put it past some to buy all 6 slots as it is.
Old 11-09-2017, 04:33 PM   #9
Cyrrena

And there are still people with tons of DBC from the triple Station Cash Sales in the past. I know at least 3 people that could buy 20 of the 66 slot bags and still have DBC left over. I am not one of them but that is alright, I get by with what I have available.

Cyrrena
Old 11-12-2017, 03:49 PM   #10
Heck62

They can sell bags for dbc,hence we get no new bags.
Old 11-12-2017, 03:53 PM   #11
Mermut

Again.. there is a huge difference in database space between a few people.. buying a full set of bags (even just for inventory) and nearly every toon on most accounts getting a full set for inventory, personal bank, shared bank, house vaults and perhaps broker boxes as well.
It's not to say that I wouldn't LIKE new craftable bags, but I think people are being overly cynical about the reasons for their decision not to give us bigger craftable bags.
Old 11-12-2017, 06:49 PM   #12
knine

Tinkered Backpack (66), Rallic Pack (64), Gardeners Back pack (64), Box of endless loyalty (52), Spotted Leather backpack (44). Those are all in game that I've earned. Velious Explorers backpack (DBC). I didn't pre-order TOT but I'm sure a lot of people did and got the 88 Slot bag as well. There is already 3 bags at least that I know of, oh yea the guide bag (66) bag you can get in Phantom sea, so 4 that most people already have. There is no reason that 60 slot bags couldn't be introduced. Most people have over 4 60 slot bags/boxes as is tbh.
Old 11-12-2017, 07:00 PM   #13
Mermut

Again, there is a big difference between a few toons having a few bags over 50.. and EVERY toon having EVERY bag slot (inventory, banks, house vaults, broker boxes) with over 50 slots.
I don't like the decision, but it is 100% understandable.. especially given load times with the current inventory load our toons have.
Old 11-12-2017, 07:11 PM   #14
knine

The first 4 bags I listed are obtainable in game for free and most people have them. Make bank slots only hold 40 slot bags then. Can put a restraint in place for bank slots and what not.
Old 11-12-2017, 07:20 PM   #15
Mermut

Personally, I would NOT want them to restrict the size of containers in banks.. especially since bags are already over 40 slots. I would find a shruken shared bank capacity much MORE of an annoyance then an increase in toon carrying capacity would be a boon.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:05 PM   #16
Mysstie

They also want folks to use the Wardrobe system and buy extra slots, which I have a number of times.
Mysstie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:55 AM   #17
knine

yea buy its okay, but put into the game of something to standardize on everyone, not so much. I personally don't use wardrobe, never found a need to, either. Now that we'll be out harvesting, that extra bag space would be nice. I hate to have to put my harvesting bag, which is another large slot bag, back on just to harvest lol. Man just give us 60 slot bags. Its not like the options aren't out there to get to that point anyway, whether we think 1% of the population does it or not. Probably more than you think has multiple bags 50 slots plus already.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:59 AM   #18
Mermut

You realize you can use the bag sorting options to turn any pack into a 'harvesting bag'? You don't have to swap in a smaller bag that won't take anything except harvests...
Old 11-13-2017, 10:08 AM   #19
knine

Yep, yes I do, but then it auto-sorts all my other stuff as well, unless there is one for single bags only that's I'm missing or just haven't looked for.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:10 AM   #20
Mermut

You don't hit the sort button...
Right click on the bag you want to use for harvests... it works best if it's in a 'later' bag slot... 5 or 6.
Uncheck 'all items' and choose harvests. All harvests will then get 'sorted' directly into that bag when you gather them.
I do the same for shiny bag myself.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:15 PM   #21
Alenna

you can set the bag you don't want sorted to skip then it won't auto sort that bag.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:59 AM   #22
Cuelaen

Please reconsider..Hasn't it been a few years since we've had new bags? Or at the least, increase the stack size of some of the items?
Old 11-14-2017, 02:21 AM   #23
Caith

Developer

As some players have pointed out, inventory (bag) space will not be increased for technical/performance reasons. Whenever a call is made to that checks an item or your inventory, which happens commonly, the game wrold has to iterate over every item in your inventory, bank, shared bank, house vault, broker, buyback, undelete list, and probably some I am not remembering right now.

Stack size doesn't impact the check I mentioned above, on the contrary single stacks are better because that is a single item with a count in the DB, so we are much more amendable to increasing that number if there isn't another reason to keep it where it is. Are there items in particular are you thinking about?
Caith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:07 AM   #24
Cuelaen

Oh, ok. That makes sense, thank you for explaining. The items in particular, that I was thinking of are some of the 200 stack items, like fuel, ammo, mats, etc, that might be able to be made stackable to 1k , but also, maybe make the housing tiles stackable. I have characters with bags and bags of tiles, from the Moonlight enchantment rewards tiles, to the city festival/live event tiles. In fact, many of the housing items would be great if they could be stacked. One house, I was making a dwarven tavern, and had all these chairs, barstools, casks, etc. I realize this may not be important to some-maybe even most, unless you're a hoarder like I am, lol.

At any rate, whatever you can do is appreciated, and I wanted to say thank you for doing such an amazing job with PoP! While it's disappointing the crafting sig is being postponed, I completely understand not wanting to rush it, and am very grateful that you folks care enough to hold on to it till its right.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:27 AM   #25
knine

Can we remove the 66 slot bags from Marketplace then.. The driving model for the past 2 expacs is Pay To Win and this just keeps with the program. I understand performance as well already have tons of lag to deal with, but if we're going to say this is the problem then simply remove anything above 60 slot bags currently in the game and help reduce what is the problem.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:33 AM   #26
Quillyne

Tinkered items! Overclocked manastones, heart-stoppers, crafting stations, divining rod, etc! Any change towards being able to stack the tinky stuff would be lovely.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:38 AM   #27
Mermut

None of those items are stackable. They're single items with a set number of charges.
Old 11-14-2017, 04:16 AM   #28
knine

This would be nice then as well.. Would definitely conserve lots of room.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:09 PM   #29
Xyza

Would be nice for harvestable stack size to increase
Old 11-14-2017, 03:34 PM   #30
Alenna

+ 1 on this.