EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #1
airwolf699

Loremaster

okay sins the new update eq2 is lagging realy bad  you cant do any thing and i have comcast internet so it is on yopur end fix it fast you keep messing up stuff get rid of thwe web cam thing and that will speed the servers up

airwolf699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:17 PM   #2
Freejazzlive

Loremaster

airwolf699 wrote:

okay sins the new update eq2 is lagging realy bad  you cant do any thing and i have comcast internet so it is on yopur end fix it fast you keep messing up stuff get rid of thwe web cam thing and that will speed the servers up

I don't have any such issues, despite my AT&T wireless connection being unreliable, & my PC running WinXP & 5-year-old technology.

Golgi Apparati, Swashbuckler of Freeport

Aheedi Adaephon, Warlock of Freeport
Freejazzlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:05 AM   #3
Rogue4Life

Lord

Make sure your Launch Pad hasn't switched itself to streaming.  If it has, you'll see "preloading assets" info in teeny print just above the long loading bar on the Launch Pad screen where you click Play.

If it IS streaming, click the little crossed hammers or whatever is on the button on the left above the loading bar, and go to "Game Version".  If you have a checkbox available that says "Full Download", then make sure there's a check in it.  The launcher then downloads (or did with my husband's) certain files or converts them or something, and then you're okay.

Also, when you get to the character selection screen, click Options (on the bottom to the left of your character's feet) and if you see a menu item called Streaming (mine doesn't have this, hubby's does for some reason), make sure the box that says something about background downloading is unchecked.

For some unknown reason, my husband's launcher switches him to streaming every couple of weeks lately.  When it does that, the game lags horribly, and often freezes up when he zones.  Perhaps that bug bit you, too?