EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Ranger
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-02-2008, 11:27 AM   #1
BigChiefJJ

Loremaster

Are any of the melee classes getting a weapon that would replace / upgrade their Fabled Epic prior to the mythical from raid instances prior to clearing VP?  If the answer is yes then there should be a bow upgrade that is better than the Fabled ET, if the answer is no then the fabled ET should be the second best bow in the game behind the mythical ET.

All other scout classes get the benefit of upgrading their ‘off hand' attack damage through raid dropped weapons, however Rangers do not have that luxury.  My proposal to this is let's implement something new that would actually allow rangers to upgrade their bow damage from that second hand slot since all other scouts get to use it to increase their damage.  Put in an item (weapon, doll, secondary, ‘stick of the bigger bow attack' or whatever you want to call it), that is only equitable in your secondary slot, has only STR and INT (no AGI or STA) that gives several bow benefits - +5 double attack, +5 ranged crit, +10% to hit bonus, +10% bow attack damage, -1 second to bow attack delay, an added proc of damage that could proc from ranged attacks.

There should be several items (legendary and fabled) like this that are obtainable at the different levels of the game where other scouts get an upgraded weapon - legendary ones from T8 instances, rare fabled drop from COA ,  regular upgraded fabled drops in Protectors Realm, etc.

What does everyone think of the idea?  Any thoughts on other effects that would be nice to have?

BigChiefJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:21 AM   #2
Computer MAn

Loremaster

The idea is terrible because a lot of scouts don't even use their fabled epic either.
Computer MAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 05:35 AM   #3
KniteShayd

Loremaster

I think we should be an only class that benefits from an implemented stat bonus for quivers. Like maybe a boost to DPS or a cast/recast reducer for ranged.
KniteShayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 06:16 AM   #4
Krakelkr

General

Computer MAn wrote:
The idea is terrible because a lot of scouts don't even use their fabled epic either.
Why? Because there are better weapons? If so then the OP is right you know.
Krakelkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:21 AM   #5
Effidian

Loremaster

I don't think this is 100% accurate.  But more a problem with quantity.  There are a lot of melee classes, so there are always going to be more 1 handed weapons than other specialty items that we'd want to use.

In T7  Maestro's Flame and Buckler of the Howler were both upgrades for us from epic mobs.

In T8, here are a couple items we might consider:

I haven't found any others (not to say there aren't) and if you already have the T7 items, some of these may not be upgrades.  If they added stats to a couple items with Rangers in mind or added a few items with Rangers in mind, that'd be great.

There are quite a few primary/secondary items from outside of raids that help us.  (Take a look at the gear thread for some of them, Voracious Shield of Striking for example.) 

Effidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:32 PM   #6
Anekuh

Master

I would rather have melee items proc from ranged like Fayguard Bladecatcher.

Ane 2
Anekuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:32 PM   #7
Giland

Tester

with melee CAs getting a bump in damage and ranged auto attack taking a hit, you are going to need good melee weapons to make up the damage you are losing from ranged (Some ranged CAs are getting boosted also).
Giland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:56 PM   #8
Effidian

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
with melee CAs getting a bump in damage and ranged auto attack taking a hit, you are going to need good melee weapons to make up the damage you are losing from ranged (Some ranged CAs are getting boosted also).

Using your melee CAs doesn't mean you have to use your melee weapons.  With that said, the 20% reduction to bow damage could mean that using melee weapons would be preferrable when Focus Aim is not up, *if* we can hit the mobs.  I'm not sure we will be able to hit mobs using melee weapons (we aren't really geared for it).

Of course, if we start using melee weapons, we should probably just betray and get it over with... SMILEY

Effidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:27 PM   #9
Ranja

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
Melee CAs have nothing to do with the weapon you are carrying. Melee CAs hit for the amount that the CA is listed at and do not take into account the weapon at all. The day I have to melee AA is the day I quit playing my ranger because that means they have completely turned the class around and made it into a poor mans assassin.

Thoghmor, 70 Troll Bruiser

Rotir, 90 Dark Elf Swash

Terrano, 82 Dark Elf Dirge

Aymon, 90, Barbarian Shadowknight

The Destroyer of Worlds:

http://s7.gladiatus.com/game/c.php?uid=84341
Ranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:51 PM   #10
Computer MAn

Loremaster

Anekuh wrote:
Thank you, this has been bug reported by the Assassin channel.
Computer MAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:19 AM   #11
Gareorn

Loremaster

Computer MAn wrote:
Anekuh wrote:
LOL, you crack me up.  Reported by the Assassin channel?  If you are going to hang out in the Ranger forums, you should be honest with them.  You report/bug every little thing that might give Rangers a slight advantage.  You have your nose so far up Aeralik's rear-end you have to use toilet paper to blow your nose.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:26 PM   #12
Barakuz

Loremaster

Yeah, I have also realized over the whole LU44 debacle that Cochy loves to troll!!!

Barakuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:02 PM   #13
Anekuh

Master

Gareorn wrote:
Computer MAn wrote:
Anekuh wrote:
LOL, you crack me up.  Reported by the Assassin channel?  If you are going to hang out in the Ranger forums, you should be honest with them.  You report/bug every little thing that might give Rangers a slight advantage.  You have your nose so far up Aeralik's rear-end you have to use toilet paper to blow your nose.

ROFL.

If Cochy think Fayguard does proc from range, then he just got PWNED.

Never thunk someone would actually believe me.

Ane 2
Anekuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:50 PM   #14
Drodin
Server: Blackburrow
Guild: Rapture

Loremaster

Maestro's Flame and Buckler of the Howler are debatable as the 2 best non-avatar items available but are from T7, and the Plaguebringer shank is better than that bard dagger, its got 5DA on it but also an avatar weapon, but both Melee weapon's shouldn't proc on ranged attacks, but why there arent mini-versions of the +ranged crit/+ranged DA weapons in raid zones I cant say, also cant figure out why there are no upgrades to the Maestro or Buckler of the Howler, the 2 scout roundshields in VP leave something to be desired. Our best hope is for either the VP shields to get a little upgrade, some item gets a proc on combat art use (either small but every time like Maestro or large spike with a 2.0 proc chance) or the quiver idea could be a good solution too.  I would love to see Domino add a tailor recipie for a stat quiver from faction or raid dropped - class limited or not. and I'm sure cochy is as diligent in reporting any unfair advantage melee get.  I bet his reporting is what got the STR ring and COB changed to proc on ranged to be fairSMILEY  !
Drodin is offline   Reply With Quote