EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Ranger
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-09-2008, 10:48 AM   #1
Effidian

Loremaster

My account runs out on the 19th, so I won't be able to post here anymore, after that.

These goodbye posts are silly, but since I have several of the sticky posts, I wanted to make sure you all felt free to copy the posts and replace mine with ones that someone can maintain.

Have fun.

Effidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:37 AM   #2
ChodeNode1

Loremaster

I'm probably not far behind you. I played Halo 3 a couple weeks ago, and it kinda made me realize how much playing this game seems like work.
ChodeNode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:34 PM   #3
Anekuh

Master

I know the feeling. I am still prettty upset with the lack of responses I still get from the Devs.

I'm still upset that RoK tier 1 gear is garbage.

I'm still upset that RoK tier 1 class sets are garbage.

I'm still upset that there is only 1 RoK raid tier 1 bow.

I'm still upset that 2% of the population are catered to while the rest of us get shafted.

I'm still upset that I still have to pay more money for arrows than any other class. Why SoE???

I'm still upset that certain CAs (like repeating arrows) are garbage or simply worthless. Or having Coverage not work half the time even though you have met the requirements. Or having Obfuscation line only work off Stealth or Spy and not Longstab.

/rant off

Good bye Effidian. You have been a big help to these boards. Shame SoE cannot see why they lose good people daily. I might be not far behind ya also. (

Ane 2
Anekuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 05:42 PM   #4
Malchore

Loremaster

I know the feeling. I left a few weeks after RoK was released because of my extreme disappointment with SOE and RoK (Itemisation for Rangers, but mostly the fact that levels 70 - 80 is solo, and I really hate solo play in a MMO.) Over the months I realized that EQ2 is better than TV (or all the chores my wife finds for me.) I re-subscribed about 2 weeks ago. I decided to get my ranger to 80 only so he can be my designated harvester and Provisioner, and decide which of my alts will become my main. Tough decision for me: 50 Zerker, 32 Mystic or 20 Coercer.
Malchore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:27 PM   #5
Gareorn

Loremaster

I agree Effidian, good-bye posts are pretty lame.  Normally I don't respond to them, but I think you deserve a pass after all the effort you put in to getting the class fixed -- all the raw data you provided, the well thought out analysis, and the sane solutions provided -- only to see all the effort get only a fleeting glance and "lateral" changes.

<--- It's easy enough to see the route I took.  I wish I'd done it 2-3 years ago, but better late than never.

Good luck.

Old 05-09-2008, 08:57 PM   #6
KnightOfTheWo

General

Sorry to see you go...first Jay42 (long time ago for you newcomers) now you. Best of luck out there and happy adventuring. SMILEY
Old 05-10-2008, 04:30 AM   #7
Walford

Loremaster

Safe travels!  

Thanks for giving your time to help us all be a bit better and more informed. 

Find your own fun!

Canul

Walford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 07:14 AM   #8
jarlaxle8

General

Take care Effidian. You did some great work with the Ranger number crunching. SMILEY
Old 05-14-2008, 01:27 PM   #9
EomerFarst

General

I take it that nothing has been fixed about the Ranger class ;/  I stopped playing a while ago but had hope untill I read that even the last 'fix' made things worse.

Good luck on your travels though SMILEY

EomerFarst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:29 PM   #10
Jay

General

KnightOfTheWord wrote:
Sorry to see you go...first Jay42 (long time ago for you newcomers) now you. Best of luck out there and happy adventuring. SMILEY

Haha, who said I'm gone?  SMILEY

I actually just updated the game yesterday and logged back in for the first time in 1.5 years. Since the free promotion thing was going, I figured I'd check it out and see what's changed back in Norrath. Unfortunately, it sounds like the ranger class nowadays is still struggling with the same issues we had back when I was active, 2-3 years ago now. (God, when I saw Four Year Veteran Rewards in my /claim screen last night, I about fainted. Did I really play this game THAT long ago??)

Anyway Aelanis, I have to admit that it's pretty cool to see that a few old-timers still remember me. (I know, ego much?) I do recognize a few names from back in the day and it's great that some of you guys are still around. Heh, last night I was just standing in Qeynos trying to remember how to open my friends list when I saw a comment come through on the WorldRanger channel. OMG, I'd totally forgotten! I responded saying that I was glad ppl still used it, and someone goes "of course we do, how long have you been gone?" I explained I'd been gone for almost two years, and mentioned that I'd been the one to create the WorldRanger channel way back in olden times. It's really cool to see that it lives on and is still helping the ranger community.

I'm sure Effidien won't see this, but he sounds like a great guy. Hopefully others can take up the mantle and keep helping the community.

Old 06-05-2008, 03:18 PM   #11
Alenna
Server: Guk
Guild: Defenders of the Light

Loremaster

Effidian thank you for helping this newbie get a better understanding of the class she hopes to be able to play to it's fullest.  Fro answering her silly questions about AA points, and for the help with the respec I am having more fun with my half-elf Ranger/woodworker then I would have with the old set up. (I"m almost done with the double shot line in the Ranger tree. IIRC next should be extension starting with the focus aim.) Wish I could have gotten to know you better.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:14 PM   #12
TaleraRis

Loremaster

Sorry to derail your thread, Eff, but OMG JAY!
Najena

Morgasand Ka'Bael
54 Roswellian Mind Scrambler
87 Shield Polisher
Najena
TaleraRis is offline   Reply With Quote