EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Dungeon Maker
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-28-2012, 02:23 AM   #1
Knowitall

Loremaster

I cant seem to find any teams to do DM. I want to buy a green nightmare pegasus....but im gettin no where. I sit sometimes for hours with no team. SMILEY Are there any groups out there that regularly do these? or maybe a channel for it?

Thanks

Old 10-28-2012, 07:14 PM   #2
Afista

Loremaster

IMO it's better to run solo or with only 1 other. (either a mercenary or another player) You just have to find solo-friendly dungeons.

When you have 3+ people in DM, the difficulty of the mobs rise. Something seems out of whack when you get a group of people trying to run dungeons. A lot of mobs are overpowered in full groups. So yeah, you probablly won't ever see people forming groups to run these for this reason and also because the rewards for doing so are pretty minimal.

Click Image for link to decorating consolidated works website

Consolidated Works Fourm Thread
Afista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:00 PM   #3
Ulrichvon

Loremaster

Afista wrote:

IMO it's better to run solo or with only 1 other. (either a mercenary or another player) You just have to find solo-friendly dungeons.

When you have 3+ people in DM, the difficulty of the mobs rise. Something seems out of whack when you get a group of people trying to run dungeons. A lot of mobs are overpowered in full groups. So yeah, you probablly won't ever see people forming groups to run these for this reason and also because the rewards for doing so are pretty minimal.

I would say overall my toon is grossly underpowered in DM, and the more people I add the more grossly underpowered it becomes.

Makes the entire experience very borring.  It should not take 30s to kill a borring tripple down trash mob.  In fact, anything more than one swing for a tripple down is excessive.