EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-01-2009, 04:33 PM   #1
Biliob

The Quiet Type
Biliob's Avatar

My girlfriend and I still havent recived the In-Game item yet. Wondering whats going on with that.

Biliob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:16 PM   #2
Trueflight_Silverwing

The Quiet Type

I think it was said at Fan Faie that it may take 2 to 3 weeks to get the item in game.

Trueflight_Silverwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:27 PM   #3
Raijinn

Community Relations
Raijinn's Avatar

Yep it'll be a little bit but you should hear an announcement from us regarding when you'll see your in-game item for attending Fan Faire 2009.

Thanks!

Raijinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:42 PM   #4
Biliob

The Quiet Type
Biliob's Avatar

Koo thanks

Biliob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 06:05 AM   #5
Ryks

Newbie

I play Vanguard, SWG and EQ2 - on two different accounts, both of which registered for Fan Faire.  Yeah, I AM that sad.

Anyway, I received the SWG in game item on one account (but not the VG or EQ2) and the EQ2 on the other account (but not the SWG or VG).  Any chance I will ever receive the missing items?  I really want my VG mount.....

Ryks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 01:36 PM   #6
Calthine

SOE Community Council
Calthine's Avatar

Rykshi wrote:

I play Vanguard, SWG and EQ2 - on two different accounts, both of which registered for Fan Faire.  Yeah, I AM that sad.

Anyway, I received the SWG in game item on one account (but not the VG or EQ2) and the EQ2 on the other account (but not the SWG or VG).  Any chance I will ever receive the missing items?  I really want my VG mount.....

I seem to recall that you can only get the items on the account with which you registered for Fan Faire.  Maybe you can get some CS help with it.

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 06:04 PM   #7
Irish

Journeyman
Irish's Avatar

No, this year you get them for every game. Some havent been given out yet and some are done manually so it might take a few days to hit all the accounts in  a game .If one of your accounts got and another didnt , If you don't have in a couple days , then petition.Also the Eq2 item should be per char not one total so thats a bug that needs fixing too. I know I am still waiting on claims for a few of the games. I have gotten the Eq2 and Free realms one so far . Waiting on the Eq1, Star Wars , Eqoa, the Fanfaire only scenario for LON that rewards 5 packs of new expansion,the planetside item and the Vanguard item.

Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:01 PM   #8
Aeryn

Newbie

OK, I am confused.  I registered two accounts for Fan Faire, both having three active game subscriptions (VG, SWG, and EQ2), specifically because of this:

Aeryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:05 PM   #9
Aeryn

Newbie

Bah - apparently pasting does not work here...

Clicky this and you will see:

There's still time to register for Fan Faire 2009!

We'll be giving folks in-game items this year, like we have in the past. What's new, though? Attendees will get in-game items for every game they have an account for! So no more having to choose between your EQ and EQII character getting the goods. Have a SWG account and a Vanguard account? They can both claim the Fan Faire item!

But according to the email I got in response to my petition, I got this:

Hi there,

You only get items for the single primary game you registered with. Please refer to the reward sheet handed out during Fan Faire.

Thanks!

Ummm, hello?  Left hand meet right hand?  As it turns out, I was unable to attend but having paid for TWO registrations, I at least expect to receive the in-game items promised by SOE in their own advertisements.  Am I the only one in this boat?

Aeryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 05:38 AM   #10
Shailas

Happy Camper
Shailas's Avatar

No, you're not the only person that exected an item from each game.  I'd like a final answer, too.  I'm an avid player of EQ2, Planetside, and occasionally SWG.

Shailas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:36 PM   #11
Aeryn

Newbie

OK, hopefully persistance is paying off:

From: Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 9:36 AMTo: FanFaireSubject: In-game items

Please consider the following facts:

1.  You advertised that Fan Faire registrants would receive an in-game item in every game registered to their account.

http://forums.station.sony.com/stat..._id=11500013844

There's still time to register for Fan Faire 2009!

We'll be giving folks in-game items this year, like we have in the past. What's new, though? For every game they have an active account in, attendees will get an in-game item! So now there is no need to choose between your EQ and EQII character getting the goods. Have a SWG account and a Vanguard account? They can both claim the Fan Faire item!

2.  You indicate that it is NOT necessary to actually attend Fan Faire, so long as you pay for your registration.

You don't actually have to be on site to get the item.

If you really want it and are willing to register to have your account flagged for it, then you can do that

Unfortunately, I can't promise that you can get any of the physical swag.  Just the in-game items.

Message edited by Kiara on 05/29/2009 15:55:56.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=451850

3.  You indicate that a station access account will make you eligible to receive all the in-game items:

Loredena wrote:

Since an 'active account' is required for the in-game items, is it safe to assume that station access will make you active for this purpose?

Yes.  You'll also be able to claim the in-game item in the other station access games.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=451843

4.  I registered TWO station access accounts (XXX and YYY) for Fan Faire, although I unfortunately could not attend in person.

5.  I have received the following in-game items from Fan Faire:

XXX – the EQ2 statues

YYY – the SWG dumpster

I expect, as documented above, to receive the statue on the XXX account and the dumpster on the YYY account, as well as the flying Vanguard mount on both accounts.  Please advise when I may expect to receive them?

Aeryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:37 PM   #12
Aeryn

Newbie

Thanks, SOE Fan Faire folks!

The above email proved true - I now have all items on all accounts registered for Fan Faire.

You rock!

Aeryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:36 AM   #13
Shailas

Happy Camper
Shailas's Avatar

Awesome!  The Fan Faire handout listed the in game item for Planetside was an additonal maximium BR and CR character, this would be nice to have, for sure.

Aerynne, did you have to PM someeone specific or was there further information on who to contact for this?

Shailas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:33 PM   #14
Yra

Newbie

Shailas wrote:

Awesome!  The Fan Faire handout listed the in game item for Planetside was an additonal maximium BR and CR character, this would be nice to have, for sure.

Aerynne, did you have to PM someeone specific or was there further information on who to contact for this?

I would be interested in this as well, since I actively play 3 or 4 of the games :o

Also, provided it works out, does anyone know how you go about "claiming" the Planetside reward(s)?

Yra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:14 PM   #15
Aeryn

Newbie

I petitioned on both accounts and was told to contact [email protected] directly.   That initially did not work (as I indicated above) but when I sent them the links above, both SOE customer service and the FanFaire people were really helpful and told me that they were forwarding my messages "upstream".  Whomever they sent it to seemed to have the authority to respond.

If you do not get the in-game items (and note that the Vanguard ones are not it game yet, but should be listed in your subscription information as entitlements), I would contact [email protected], send them the same links I did (if appropriate) and ask them to look into your case.  I think it was just initially a case where promises were made online that were not communicated effectively to the people on the ground handling the item distribution.

With regard to Planetside, I have no idea how that is being handled - sorry.  SMILEY

Good luck!

Aeryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:57 PM   #16
Shailas

Happy Camper
Shailas's Avatar

Ok, thanks for the guidance.  Regarding the PS item, on the sheet hande dout at FF it said that CS would have to mannually do it so you'll probably have to make an appeal in game or somethng similar.  I'll email the Fan Faire address and find out.

Shailas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:52 PM   #17
Yra

Newbie

I did one of the "In Game Support" ticket things through the Knowledge Base regarding the PS reward... will let you know what i hear.

Still waiting for my EQ reward... anyone know if these have gone in game yet?

Yra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:35 PM   #18
Aeryn

Newbie

Yraen wrote:

I did one of the "In Game Support" ticket things through the Knowledge Base regarding the PS reward... will let you know what i hear.

Still waiting for my EQ reward... anyone know if these have gone in game yet?

A 10-year anniversary shield emblem showed up on my EQ entitlements - have not been in game to see if you can actually claim it yet.  It does not mention Fan Faire, but I think that was the in-game item.

Aeryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:23 PM   #19
Yra

Newbie

Quote:
Hello 1272!This is GM Durotas. Thank you for contacting Sony Online Entertainment. Only those who registered as PlanetSide players on the SOE Fan Faire website received the reward this year. If you did not than that would explain the absence of said reward. Thank you for your patience concerning this issue. Feel free to contact us again should you have anymore questions or concerns.Regards.GM DurotasPlanetSide Game MasterSony Online Entertainment, LLC

/sigh...

Yra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:25 PM   #20
Yra

Newbie

Apparently there's no edit button...

Not sure if there's a way to go about working around this reply...

Yra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:08 PM   #21
Aeryn

Newbie

Yraen wrote:

Quote:
Hello 1272!This is GM Durotas. Thank you for contacting Sony Online Entertainment. Only those who registered as PlanetSide players on the SOE Fan Faire website received the reward this year. If you did not than that would explain the absence of said reward. Thank you for your patience concerning this issue. Feel free to contact us again should you have anymore questions or concerns.Regards.GM DurotasPlanetSide Game MasterSony Online Entertainment, LLC

/sigh...

I would contact SOE FanFaire directly - that is pretty much the same reaction I got to my initial inquiry, but once I sent back the link showing that registrants would receive the rewards for ALL games played, they saw the light and released them all (though, I do not play PS).

Aeryn is offline   Reply With Quote

Forum Jump