EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Fan Faire 2007-2011
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-25-2009, 08:18 AM   #1
Mystiques_Wraithver

Hi,

I was wondering what the EQ item would be this year?

And will there also be a something from Legends of Norrath like last year?

If anyone got screenshots that would be awesome. I remember seeing screenshots last year before I ordered my tickets.

Anyway thanks in advance

Mystiques_Wraithver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:33 PM   #2
Irish

Journeyman

if i remember right from the last podcast, EQ is getting a shield. they didnt mention what the lon loot item is this year yet. From what has been said in a dev post , theya re going to do a article on them for one of the fridays before fanfaire with pictures. Hopefully this friday.

Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:36 AM   #3
Najae

The Quiet Type

A shield?  That would be a great addition to my berserker.

Najae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:53 PM   #4
Saroc_Luclin

SOE Community Council

It's hidden in the EQII posts but here's a link: http://eq2players.station.sony.com/...mp;locale=en_US
Saroc_Luclin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:03 PM   #5
Kiara

Community Relations

There should be posts up on the other game sites... I just linked mine cause it was the easiest one for me to grab SMILEY

Kiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:22 AM   #6
imrahil_donnergroll

Happy Camper

Could you guys maybe rethink this?

A shield has first of all the disadvantage that not every class can use it, thus you effectively create an imbalance.

Second point: this thing is totally out of character of the game. I mean, it shows some sort of advertisement for the game INSIDE the game. How can you expect to be in the game when you run around with that?

Third: it looks ugly (but this is a subjective point).

Bottom line: Vanguard gets a flying mount (extremely cool), EQ2 a statue (looks nice and has status on it, so some use), EQ gets ... that.

PLEASE reconsider this.

imrahil_donnergroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:07 AM   #7
itsm

i have to agree with Imrahil, last year the participants got a Great MOUNT & this year a shield ILLUSION??? , am already signed up & being how its the TENTH aniversary i really hope they can come up with something better than last years, & a shield illusion just ........... well . pls re think this one guys.

itsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:52 AM   #8
Tnexus

SOE Community Council

itsmom wrote:

i have to agree with Imrahil, last year the participants got a Great MOUNT & this year a shield ILLUSION??? , am already signed up & being how its the TENTH aniversary i really hope they can come up with something better than last years, & a shield illusion just ........... well . pls re think this one guys.

Not that I want the shield ornamentation, but last year's EQ reward was more or less a frisbee. The mount was from LoN.

Tnexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 03:52 PM   #9
imrahil_donnergroll

Happy Camper

Tnexus wrote:

itsmom wrote:

Not that I want the shield ornamentation, but last year's EQ reward was more or less a frisbee. The mount was from LoN.

True, but the frisbee was usable by everyone, a unique idea, stayed "inside the game" and was fun for many.

Can't say that with the shield ornamentation, no not at all.

imrahil_donnergroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:41 AM   #10
audior

The shield is butt ugly and a terrible idea, not every class uses shields, some classes probably don't have a shield to use it on.

All the other games have much better gifts.

audior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:52 AM   #11
WarSheol

Happy Camper

My main being a warrior only has one shield and it already has the Childs Play ornament on it, I would have also liked to seen some thing I can have showing all the time and not just when im MT and out of abilities for 2 minutes a week.

WarSheol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:03 PM   #12
Co

I have to agree...this item was not well thought out and just seems like a last minute creation.  I dont think anyone in their right mind would actually walk around with it.   I was enticed with the idea this being the 10th year anniv.  FF that the in-game item(s) would actually be something worth showing off and not hiding.  A mount....a rare illusion...something.

Co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:36 AM   #13
audior

How many Monks, Rangers and Rogues have a shield to put it on if they were stupid enough to use this ugly ornamentation?

Old 06-29-2009, 08:16 PM   #14
fal

How do we claim it?

fal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:21 AM   #15
Oz

We get more than the Shield Ornament for the Fanfaire. Just wait till it all happens. If you were there you probably heard about the other things coming our way.

Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:24 PM   #16
audior

It doesn't matter if we get more, the shield is still a bad reward... because it can't be used by every class.

Also, compare it to the rewards of the other games... and you will see... its lame.

Old 07-18-2009, 11:09 PM   #17
Ox

Ozza wrote:

We get more than the Shield Ornament for the Fanfaire. Just wait till it all happens. If you were there you probably heard about the other things coming our way.

What Other things do we get? I just got the shield ornament.

Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:03 AM   #18
FunStation

I also think that a shield would be an interesting one. But many other games have such wonderful gifts.    

FunStation is offline   Reply With Quote