EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-04-2012, 12:40 AM   #1
Darksea
Server: Venekor

Loremaster

Please add solo quests for solo Sky shrine faction

Before I get in to this, I want to be clear I enjoy grouping more than solo. I’m always looking for group and that’s the problem.

I recently returned the game missing out on the latest and greatest Sky shrine faction when it was hot, in the now and available. 

I rerolled as a SK on a PVE server, the most populated it seems. Spend night after night LFG with little to no luck putting anything together with what’s available. Tired of being passed up time and again I purposely picked a utility class, not because I wanted to play it, but I desired to see the rest of the game.

I started over leveled a dirge to max level and AA and I will admit the LFG are a bit better but typically only for UD. Never a Skyshrine faction group. I tried putting groups togather, but it didn’t happen because we lacked something essential like a healer or tank then people drop out/give up over time trying to get what we need. 

My new thing is login at Sky shrine, right where I logged of the night before LFG, and just watch a movie with my lfg flag on.

I ask my guild daily but all are burnt out and have no desire to head down there. The guild before that didn’t have the amount of people and/or at the right level.  Just started raiding, they don’t do the UD raiding anymore as they are burnt out of it and wanted to progress further. Thus I spent the entire night on the floor dead due to my low HP from wither lands gear and to be honest hardly being about to contribute with wither lands gear.

The general issue is I missed the SS faction grind bus and no want wants to drive all the way back and get me.

Rather than sit lfg watching a movie every night I would dig playing the game again. While it’s nice to have group oriented goals and I prefer them. I would also like my time in the game have some value.  I feel the last few weeks every night LFG is more than enough investment to progress, but I’m stuck. Really taxing on the fun factor.  Perhaps I’ve just burnt out but I’m having a hard time justifying logging on outside raid times. I would like that to changed to keep me enticed.

Edit: Or perhaps even add faction to UD runs, I can normally get one after 2 hours lfg.

Thanks

Old 09-04-2012, 01:26 AM   #2
zehly

Loremaster

Think it's bad on a bard? Try a chanter! LOL

I had the same problem on my chanter, though. Have the same problem, rather. My healer got the groups that needed to do the quests, and I eventually had surplus Dozer heads, and just bought a set of armor for the chanter, and even though my chanter is semi-raid and HM-instance geared, still no drakota mount! Tired of putting heads in shared bank!

Have you tried to get an SS faction grind group and just roll with them four like 4 hours?

Savior Niekko, 92/320 Templar

Sir Trixle, ??/??? Brigand
zehly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:07 AM   #3
Darksea

Loremaster

zehly wrote:

Have you tried to get an SS faction grind group and just roll with them four like 4 hours?

In the last three days I made about 1k faction time invested lfg (over hoilday weekend) to get the 1k, 18hr. Mostly one day old players @92, lot of wiping on trash and fresh from wow at least the conduct of the group came off that way. I had one today tell me I need to work on my gear (duh thats what i'm doing) yet his parse was 12k as a beastlord with dirge buffs.  Finally got a decent group that lasted for about 20mins, they just wanted to do the CD side and after it was over I was back lfg.

Watching a movie now, not even logged in, no point lol.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:31 AM   #4
Avirodar
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

zehly wrote:

In the last three days I made about 1k faction time invested lfg (over hoilday weekend) to get the 1k, 18hr. Mostly one day old players @92, lot of wiping on trash and fresh from wow at least the conduct of the group came off that way. I had one today tell me I need to work on my gear (duh thats what i'm doing) yet his parse was 12k as a beastlord with dirge buffs.  Finally got a decent group that lasted for about 20mins, they just wanted to do the CD side and after it was over I was back lfg.

Watching a movie now, not even logged in, no point lol.

Sounds like the typical nature of EQ2 grouping, during double EXP weekends.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:43 AM   #5
The_Cheeseman

Loremaster

Get a merc and the dropped faction quests are entirely soloable. Just avoid the tougher named, pull conservatively, and you can make steady--albeit slow--progress. Skyshrine faction gear is a heroic-quality reward for completing heroic content.

I see PuGs for Skyshrine instances and contested faction grinds multiple times per night, and I play at way off-peak hours on a pretty standard-population server. Note: you will likely not get into said groups if all you do is spam "LFG" in global chat while watching TV.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:30 AM   #6
Juggercap

Elder

The_Cheeseman wrote:

Get a merc and the dropped faction quests are entirely soloable. Just avoid the tougher named, pull conservatively, and you can make steady--albeit slow--progress. Skyshrine faction gear is a heroic-quality reward for completing heroic content.

I see PuGs for Skyshrine instances and contested faction grinds multiple times per night, and I play at way off-peak hours on a pretty standard-population server. Note: you will likely not get into said groups if all you do is spam "LFG" in global chat while watching TV.

Mercs are supposed to be part of an entirely optional "expansion" pack. I did buy the pos, but there's no reason for there not to be a (very) slow grind for faction solo.

Run away! Run away!
Juggercap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #7
Vellisse
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster

Are you using /lfg or typing lfg in 80-89?

/lfg is almost never used on any of the servers and it sounds like that was what you were using.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:16 PM   #8
Elebu
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Ancient Prophecy

Loremaster

Returning player here also and it's exactly this way on AB - so...save your server xfer token in case you thought swapping servers would help.  Also, just ignore the replies you'll get in the forum that try to explain how this is your fault by not lfg properly for example ROFL.  It's just not.  

In my case I have an illy and a dirge - both 92/320 fully mastered - that have 15+ doze heads each and no faction to do anything with them.

I started to pl up a fury over the weekend but gave up because a) it won't matter since he'll still sit around in WL gear LFG from now until the next xpack and b) I don't like playing a healer and don't want to be forced into playing one just because guild A or B needs one more than an illy or dirge.

I've been through 3 raid guilds that desperately needed illy/dirges but by now and just as you said, nobody wants to go back and grind through that and since returning in June, I've yet to get any of my toons into a faction grind - guilded or not.

It's weird because I can't figure what's so different than back in TSO when you could log in and drop into a group running something almost any time of day or night.  I think in TSO there were still things dropping in the heroic instances that were fairly DECENT until a raid upgrade dropped.

Just wrote to let you know others feel your pain since you're unlikely to get much support around here for your plight.

Best of luck man.

Elebu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:02 PM   #9
Ceebia

Lord

Writs would be nice, as well for the area.   I mean being in the Combine as part of the lore there is nice, but one still would favor there home city in the end. 

Ceebia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #10
Halo of G4

Loremaster

As a person with 50,000k faction with SS I got back in May, I agree. I'm sure its winded down to the point where most don't want to ever touch it again making it miserable for new comers or returning players to find a group and grind out faction. So I feel you.

I say add faction points of 50+ to the average mob, 250 for each raid mob killed, and 250-500 to each solo instance.

Also I disagree with how in TSO it was easier to jump into a group. I remember returning to EQ2 back in early 2009 when I hit 80, as a tank (especially a zerk tank), finding a group was pretty hard. Unless you had void shard armor (pre-nerf mitigation), standing toe to toe wasn't the easiet task and most groups at that point really only preferred tanks to be in either raid RoK armor or TSO shard armor. Shard Armor was always vastly superior to any armor drops in TSO group instances.

Added Raid Zone:

The Goldrush: Dwell into the depths of RED base to defeat the Heavy, a powerful foe that even the Nameless fears.

Halo of G4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:18 PM   #11
Darksea

Loremaster

Thanks guys. It’s nice to know those that are trying to do it now vs. back when it was “in the now” shares the same pain. Today I put in my 6hours and got 500 faction so I at least made some progress today.

In terms of some of the suggestions I wanted to touch base on “solo it”. I’m sure I could if I had faction and could use the heads to get the gear to do so, as utility I’ve tried to solo them with the SS merc. The merc goes down faster than a pizza at a weight watchers convention.  My original main the sk could actually solo the few couple groups of mobs with a merc on the CD side before they turn orange. It’s both class situational and gear dependent. But like some have stated already we have plenty of heads in stock, just no way to use them to acually do that.

To touch base on standing around LFG won’t get you group. From my experience thus far it’s less beneficial making your own group vs. waiting to fill a slot from a guild that’s looking for an extra to help grind up one of their members or alts.  Making your own typically results in every one calling out in 1-9,90, guild chat, shout, etc every 5mins or so until people call it and leave or log for day.  Case in point I logged when someone was trying to put a group together for the last 45min because I’d rather my time had value and watch a movie or enjoy some form of entertainment. I’ll log back on for raid tonight, get 1 shot every aoe for the night then get my dkp and log out again. 

I’ve been at this so long that I’m starting research for another mmo. It’s exactly like Kidzulu said, I have alts but I’ll just have another toon standing around lfg in witherland gears with the same issue. This is a serous road block that stops progression in it's tracks and the resources aren't availible to move forward.

Old 09-04-2012, 05:57 PM   #12
Foretold
Server: Unrest_old
Guild: Rage

Loremaster

I feel your pain.  I missed the "faction bus" as well.  I'm stuck at 28K and no guildies want to do those zones any more.  I've just moved on to raid gear... unless they come out with something solo for faction, or add faction to raid zone kills, I won't be spending any of my heads.

Foretold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:39 PM   #13
Regolas

Loremaster

Well I play on Splitpaw, that's taken a heavy hit population wise since the PSS1 announcement, and I play mostly off peak hours as I'm not in Europe anymore, and I still see CD/Lyceum groups looking for more quite often. I rarely see UD groups except at peak times. I guess because it's quick and easy to do a few CD runs without the perfect group they get made more often. I now have a 92 warden in WL gear that I need to do faction groups with. I also have a 92 zerker with half Skyshrine gear who I'd happily run the faction groups with also. It's not so important for him as he's on the same account as my main who has 50k faction, so I can get him gear via my main. Anyway, the point I'm making is I've made the decision to level up toons to provide options for most groups. I have a DPS class, a tank and a healer. Having this versatility means there's more chance I can get a group up and running to accomplish something, whether it's UD on my main or access quests/contested/instance runs on the other two. If I get to a stage when none of those can get a group and are just twiddling thumbs (long way off as there's tons of other things I need to do too), then I'll probably roll a bard and chanter also (after PLing another tank on the other account so each account has a PL capable toon) My thoughts, and it can be a frustrating time sometimes, is make new friends that play your time and are in the same situation. If we get solo faction options, it will just go the same way as L1-92 and I guarantee nobody will ever group apart from UD.
Regolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:05 PM   #14
SteelPiston

Loremaster

100 faction per solo quest. It would mean running the solo's 50x and would be painful grind, but better than standing around all day. Then once you have a toon with 50K faction, you should be able to buy a 50K heirloom faction token for 50 platinum for any alt.

That's my 10 cents worth

Old 09-05-2012, 02:30 AM   #15
Darksea

Loremaster

After I logged on waiting for raid to get started I calculated how much time I’ve spent looking for SS faction groups.  Roughly 200 hours of sitting, waiting, LFG. Hard to believe when reading people were able to do it when it was “in the now” in a few days or a week. Can’t now however. So yeah I can’t blame myself for being burnt out.  Actually unsubbed today since I’m not able to progress further. Figure I’ll jump on for raids while it’s still active to pass the time, but I’ve reached my limit.

In terms of my “stuff” giving it away to friends, sorry J

I did like the Void shard instances, it didn’t take me long to get the T2 jewelry set and T1 armor set. After that I was pretty content. I suppose faction was used this time around for something a bit different but if you miss the window after launch then you can’t progress. It’s a shame. I can at least say I put my best foot forward and imagine I put more effort in then the average Joe to try to make it happen.

Have fun all.