EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Tavern > Fan Art
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-25-2011, 08:34 PM   #1
Rothgar

Developer

What do you think of the new in-game YouTube upload feature?  Have you had a chance to try it out?

If so, respond to this thread and post links of your videos so we can see what you're using it for.

Rothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:51 AM   #2
FreaklyCreak

Loremaster

Just goofy stuff so far. But when I do more I'll be sure to link it.

Old 08-26-2011, 02:53 AM   #3
Flamewi
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Gathering Shadows

General

Tempted to do a video showing off people linking items in channel chat from the heroic instance of Plane of War and then the reactions from the people raiding EM / HM raid zones that spaz out because the heroic gear is better than the EM / HM gear.

Should be enough to entertain for hours on end imo. I know that's pretty much all our channel chat on my server was full of for 8 hours straight.

Flamewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:29 AM   #4
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

I'm uploading a test video now but just wanted to share that if you have your YouTube account linked through Gmail and are using 2 Factor identification you won't be able to upload until you give EQ2 authorized access!

If I get a good video uploaded I'll link it here, Rothgar

edit: Geez the upload takes a long time.. is there any way to save the video to our computer?

edit: Cute video upload achievements.. but far too easy to get. Record 1-2 seconds, upload, rinse repeat. Maybe make a minimum recording time required?

Ok, here's my video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZVAqBOJCDs

Just under 3 minutes, took over an hour to upload on default settings. I think I'll stick with FRAPs but nice feature nonetheless! :)

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:34 PM   #5
Marrie
Server: Crushbone
Guild: The Private Sector

Loremaster

Only took 52 seconds last night just to get a feel for it.  Even that took quite awhile to load while in game.  Wasn't a problem other than a bit of lag when I was grinding crafting writs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ7CeV6xbEA

Marrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:41 PM   #6
Jesdyr
Server: Unrest
Guild: Curmudgeons

Loremaster

Rothgar .. One little comment

We use to be able to embed Youtube videos in our posts. We can no longer do this. Is there any chance of getting a way to embed the play added to these forums?

Jesdyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:01 PM   #7
Corydonn

Loremaster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5BxoXkzOHg Just because!

Corydonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:51 PM   #8
Cyliena
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

Corydonn wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5BxoXkzOHg Just because!

Hahahha that's awesomeness!

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:28 AM   #9
ffd700

Lord

[email protected]_old wrote:

Rothgar .. One little comment

We use to be able to embed Youtube videos in our posts. We can no longer do this. Is there any chance of getting a way to embed the play added to these forums?

Testing something.

<[Removed for Content]"[Removed for Content]" width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W5BxoXkzOHg?version=3&hl=en_US" >

Bah, yeah, even using the old embed code you can't anymore.

ffd700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:50 AM   #10
SacDaddy420

Loremaster

This is probably the coolest video I saw after perusing a couple links into the recent eq2vids

Old 08-27-2011, 06:59 PM   #11
Katanalla
Server: Mistmoore

General

Barf: What the hell was that? Lonestar: Spaceball 1. Barf: They've gone to plaid!

~ Went well for awhile, then I hit a rock

weeee!

the O.G. way to get from TG to JW

I am an avid eq2 skier And inc a ban lol. Nah only requirement is a macro keyboard to do that. I wish though, like a side game thing for an event or w/e, have downhill ski racing. Use like the ice as base, then knockback traps or w/e as 'boosters'

East Freeport: High Wall

I am going to miss the free climbing stuff when they redo the main cities SMILEY used to be so fun finding ways to get ontop of buildings people thought impossible to do!

------

QUESTION:

Is there a way to capture mic input? I noticed it didn't capture my mic when recording, check box or anything?

Katanalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:49 PM   #12
Dethdlr
Guild: Advent of Valor

Fansite Staff

Loving the video capture feature.  Just recorded this one today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VnTiw1Hd0E

Works much better on my machine than Fraps ever did.  Fraps bogged down my machine a bit, this is nice and smooth.

Well done.  

EQ2U Lead Programmer |Dethdlr's Adornment Calculator | EQ2Wire.com Columnist

Dethdlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:53 PM   #13
Dethdlr

Fansite Staff

This was taken in the room with the final named in Iceshard Keep.  My pet running laps due to pathing issues.  SMILEY

Old 08-27-2011, 10:58 PM   #14
Gaige

Loremaster

Just this one so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggae...player_embedded

Old 08-27-2011, 11:54 PM   #15
Dethdlr

Fansite Staff

Gaige wrote:

Just this one so far:

Ok, that was awesome.  

Old 08-28-2011, 12:01 AM   #16
Xalmat

EQ2Achieve.com

I solo Lady Vox and Lord Nagalik for the heck of it (mentored of course). Used FRAPS to record the video.

Sess, Conjuror of PermafrostCyanide, Berserker of Permafrost
Xalmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:10 AM   #17
screenid

Loremaster

Squirrels RULE!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r3j...ayer_detailpage

screenid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:16 AM   #18
Lcneed

Lord

The reason it took so long to upload is because the video data rate is like 60Mbps.  I did a video for a little over a minute and it was over 500MB. :p

Old 08-28-2011, 04:05 AM   #19
Nijia
Server: Vox

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

weeee!

the O.G. way to get from TG to JW

I am an avid eq2 skier And inc a ban lol. Nah only requirement is a macro keyboard to do that. I wish though, like a side game thing for an event or w/e, have downhill ski racing. Use like the ice as base, then knockback traps or w/e as 'boosters'

These are awesome! What is the zone of the first video?

Nijia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:00 AM   #20
Gaige

Loremaster

Lcneed wrote:

The reason it took so long to upload is because the video data rate is like 60Mbps.  I did a video for a little over a minute and it was over 500MB. :p

That is why its best to edit the raw avi in movie maker before uploading it to youtube~

[email protected] wrote:

These are awesome! What is the zone of the first video?

Kylong Plains.

Old 08-28-2011, 10:55 PM   #21
Pixiewrath
Server: The Bazaar
Guild: Aristocrats

Loremaster

How did you get that ice block or whatever it is to go down on? :O

Pixiewrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:57 PM   #22
Gaftep
Guild: Blind Guardians

Loremaster

Gaige wrote:

Lcneed wrote:

That is why its best to edit the raw avi in movie maker before uploading it to youtube~

I wish I had known that, but heres my Flying Arasai video.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:39 AM   #23
Katanalla
Server: Mistmoore

General

Yea both are in Kylong Plains, down hill for the win~

More vids! Looking into audio stuff this time around...

Fly Over

The Reform of Fear

Hey Rothgar, can we please look into getting mic recording? Per haps use Voice Chat 'personal' channel as a recorder or something? Obviously records game sound, just no mic stuff it seems, makes me sad panda. Unless I am missing a check box or something /shrug.

Katanalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:18 PM   #24
Kunaak

Loremaster

I have a problem, the vid output seems limited to 16:9 - but I always run 16:10.

so my vids always end up looking crushed.

Kunaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:42 PM   #25
Onorem

Loremaster

Rothgar wrote:

What do you think of the new in-game YouTube upload feature? Have you had a chance to try it out?

If so, respond to this thread and post links of your videos so we can see what you're using it for.

What do I think?...I think that I really, really hope that the people working on implementing it weren't pulled away from working on something that even remotely matters. I suppose I've "had a chance to try it out" but I haven't actually tried it out because who cares?

Old 08-29-2011, 10:55 PM   #26
Carthalis
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: The Fallen Legion

Loremaster

Gaige wrote:

Just this one so far:

That was awesome

Carthalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:49 AM   #27
Pixiewrath

Loremaster

Onorem wrote:

Rothgar wrote:

What do you think of the new in-game YouTube upload feature? Have you had a chance to try it out?

What do I think?...I think that I really, really hope that the people working on implementing it weren't pulled away from working on something that even remotely matters. I suppose I've "had a chance to try it out" but I haven't actually tried it out because who cares?

Everyone who doesn't have access to and knowledge of normal editing tools. This is a way to show that EQ2 exists. The only problem with it is that the good and well-edited videos might get lost in the myriad of quick-vids.But again, it opens windows to inexperienced people. I will never understand pessimism like this for videos and house keeping... Or "waste of time when you can powerlevel and get uber items". Have fun, relax! SMILEY

Old 08-30-2011, 07:24 AM   #28
Onorem

Loremaster

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

Onorem wrote:

Rothgar wrote:

Everyone who doesn't have access to and knowledge of normal editing tools. This is a way to show that EQ2 exists. The only problem with it is that the good and well-edited videos might get lost in the myriad of quick-vids.But again, it opens windows to inexperienced people. I will never understand pessimism like this for videos and house keeping... Or "waste of time when you can powerlevel and get uber items". Have fun, relax!

It's a way to show EQ2 exists to who? Are people that don't know about the game searching for it?

I'm not against videos and "house keeping"...I just don't want people who can actually address gameplay related issues working on things like this when other things need attention. If the people who worked on implementing this have no other function related to gameplay....fine. What is "waste of time when you can powerlevel and get uber items" supposed to mean? Who said anything about either of those topics? I do like uber items...though I don't think I have any currently.  I don't power-level...not intentionally at least. Soloing my latest alts might feel that way with the stupidly overpowered lower tier loot.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:43 AM   #29
Pixiewrath

Loremaster

I am saying this because a lot of people complain about lore, LoN, house keeping, SC items etc. etc. etc. because they only want more nuke-and-loot ingame to be powerful and allmighty ingame, and forget all other things. Being allowed to make movies this easily will only be a plus to get this game known to a wider mass.You can also choose your own tags on youtube so if you add some more tags you can get the game shown to people who are searching for non-EQ2-related videos too.More people = more money, more money = more staff, more staff = faster bug fixes, additions and improvements.Anything that gives EQ2 some good PR is good in my opinion.Some things in EQ2 are broken, like some unfinishable quests in isle of mara (monk training quests with shard collection) and so on, but it is obvious that the team is always working on something when you look at how much is added all the time and how fast it happens.Some other games are sleeping while this game grows and grows and grows. But as long as the framerate problem persists, people will continue to laugh and leave. That is definitely the most serious issue with EQ2.Bottom line after a lot of rambling is that new features like this is always nice, and will in the long run help improve EQ2 as a game, so it's important to have them.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:42 AM   #30
Hannalynn

Loremaster

I don't really understand the purpose of the in game recorder as the quality is not good at all, it doesn't upload at a good p & it takes forever to upload even the smallest amount. Frapsing, compressing, & uploading to youtube normally is much quicker & better quality.

Hannalynn is offline   Reply With Quote