EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-03-2011, 02:02 PM   #1
Clarrice

Loremaster

Sorry for 2 noob questions in one day - there any display setting to control how far away players render?  Seems in the new zones they are right on top of me before I see them.  Does mostly seem to be new zones, but would still like to tweak it if poss.

Clarrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:08 PM   #2
Owwiee

Loremaster

LOL if your like me they are just falling out of the sky onto you.....  There is a setting to adjust it but i'm at work and would need to look at the options before I could give you the right answer.

Old 08-03-2011, 02:21 PM   #3
Sprin
Server: Nagafen
Guild: L U S H

General

Max out the following:

(first off in your options "Display" make sure you click "Advanced" tab in upper right)

Display > Performance > Rendering Distance = MAX

Display > Model Detail > Level of Detail Bias = High Res  (this is often overlooked and is important)

Those 2 should get you seeing far into the distance... so you can see small objects, like far away players, and shinys from a looong way away

Sprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:26 PM   #4
GussJr

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Max out the following:

(first off in your options "Display" make sure you click "Advanced" tab in upper right)

Display > Model Detail > Level of Detail Bias = High Res  (this is often overlooked and is important)

Those 2 should get you seeing far into the distance... so you can see small objects, like far away players, and shinys from a looong way away

As long as your graphics card and processor can handle these at max...on lower level systems, setting them at max will compound your lag...

Siame, 90 K. Zerk, 90 Alchemist

Palayna, 34 Fae Monk, 90 Master Carpenter

Beastmastress, 90 WE BL, 31 Prov
GussJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:38 PM   #5
Sprin
Server: Nagafen
Guild: L U S H

General

GussJr wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Max out the following:

As long as your graphics card and processor can handle these at max...on lower level systems, setting them at max will compound your lag...

you can combat this by lowering other settings like resolution and lighting distance etc... you can have your settings at bare minimum, but still have your rendering distances maxed out, so that you just see a blurry dot, but you still can see the dot from far away..

Sprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:40 PM   #6
GussJr

Loremaster

lol very true. I don't have that issue, I was just tossing that out there for the OP...

Siame, 90 K. Zerk, 90 Alchemist

Palayna, 34 Fae Monk, 90 Master Carpenter

Beastmastress, 90 WE BL, 31 Prov
GussJr is offline   Reply With Quote