EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-03-2010, 03:11 PM   #1
Amnerys

Community Team

Character Slots for just 500 SC! It's the final daily deal for Super Fan Holidays and if you've ever thought about adding more character slots to your account, you won't want to miss today's special price.

Friday, December 3rd

Get yours now before the deal is over! This is the final deal, so don't wait!

Have you heard about Super Fan Holidays? This is your chance to get up to 35% off of select Station Cash* purchases and take advantage of some great item sales, too! Super Fan Holidays runs through Friday, December 3rd, 2010.

* Promotion does not include purchases made via SMS or pre-paid cards. Promotion only applies to select Station Cash purchases in pre-determined amounts. See site for details.

Amnerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:57 PM   #2
Ventisly

Loremaster

So I went to purchase an extra character slot from the button on the character select screen and it still charged me 1000 SC instead of the discounted 500 SC.  A second purchase of a character slot while I was logged into a toon worked (only charged me 500 SC) so it seems it's just from the character select screen.  Do I petition that in game or is there another avenue to get SC related support?

Old 12-03-2010, 05:39 PM   #3
Senya

Loremaster

I called them:

1-858-537-0898

Click image for a list of my completed projects.

Senya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:30 PM   #4
Pink_Poodle

Shrine Maiden

[email protected] wrote:

So I went to purchase an extra character slot from the button on the character select screen and it still charged me 1000 SC instead of the discounted 500 SC.  A second purchase of a character slot while I was logged into a toon worked (only charged me 500 SC) so it seems it's just from the character select screen.  Do I petition that in game or is there another avenue to get SC related support?

Smokejumper said on the Facebook page, "The character slot price is fixed on the character selection screen now. If you purchased it there and got incorrectly charged 1000SC, submit a CS ticket and they'll fix it for you."

I submitted two tickets, one from ingame as a character issue, a second from from the SOE support site as a Station Cash issue (since the first one may be in the wrong department.) I mentioned to disregard either ticket if one or the other works.

Hopefully I'll get reimbursed, either way. :/

Old 12-04-2010, 12:54 AM   #5
Dekedar

Loremaster

I have to say, SoE, I'm not a big of stationcash. But I had some, and I was really hoping you would do char slots as one of these deals. So thank you, I actually do feel appreciated.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:53 PM   #6
Zehl_Ice-Fire

Loremaster

I wish there had been an email about this week long promo. I don't read the forums often and I didn't log in game last week and missed them all, I didn't know there were specials until Friday when a friend misinformed me the character slots were on sale for a whole week starting Friday (grr friend). Also would have been nice if it said in the marketplace "sale today only". I would have bought a LOT of several of the items on sale. I think the normal prices are rediculous and insulting to those of us who pay a monthly subscription.

Katayira: DE Inquisitor/Alchemist/Tinker
Musette: Evil Pixie Dirge/tailor
also max woodworker, jeweler, and armorer
ask me for FB
Zehl_Ice-Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:10 PM   #7
Amnerys

Community Team

We actually did send out an email about the promotion, on the Friday before it began (11/26). If you're not getting our emails, check your Station Account settings to make sure you're opted in to get our emails, and then check to be sure we're not going in your spam filter. SMILEY

Check out this guide to opting in for a step-by-step walkthrough: The Importance of Opting-In to Official EQII Emails

Amnerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:26 PM   #8
Jaremai

Loremaster

I would also like to say thanks for putting something useful up for sale (these char slots).  Everything else has been kinda meh.

Since everything you have is virtual (aka made up) or services that are automated (aka no man-hours needed), I don't see why you don't put the more popular stuff on sale more often.  Race potions for 750.. vitality potions for 300.. etc. 

All it will do is bring you more non-virtual cash.  Something from nothing, as they say.

Jaremai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:09 PM   #9
CorpseGoddess

Loremaster

Amnerys wrote:

We actually did send out an email about the promotion, on the Friday before it began (11/26). If you're not getting our emails, check your Station Account settings to make sure you're opted in to get our emails, and then check to be sure we're not going in your spam filter.

Check out this guide to opting in for a step-by-step walkthrough: The Importance of Opting-In to Official EQII Emails

Amnerys...

I've done all these things several times.  I'm up on my personal mailbox options as well as blocked emails and SOE isn't in there.  I used to receive these but haven't for a couple of years.  Any other thoughts?

Old 12-06-2010, 05:54 PM   #10
Keirie

Loremaster

I passed on the character slot sale mainly because i did not have any sc in my wallet. I tried multiple times on the 2nd to buy the 10K sc for the special price of $65, but every time i tried i got an error message saying that a general error had occurred. I submitted a petition about it, but have yet to have it satisfactorily addressed. I.E. they wanted me to try to buy some sc at the everyday price to see if it was working, yeah right. The whole point was to save money on getting sc not buy it for regular price. I find it curious that marketplace in now again working correctly now that the promotion is over and you have to pay full price again for sc. So for me the event was an epic fail. It would be nice if soe honored the special price for those of us unable to buy any during the event due to circumstances beyond our control. (and yes i have bought items and cash before from marketplace, never had a problem adding funds until this event.)

Keirie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:29 PM   #11
Bregdania
Server: Najena

Loremaster

about the station cash purchases in and out of game.

I run my computer with two monitors and recently logged via the forum areas to me account to look at my second account and how much station cash was there.  I was also logged into my first account in game and from in game decided I wanted some station cash on that account.  I clicked on the add funds in-game button and followed on with the prompts.  I couldn't figure out why the cash wasnt showing up after the transaction was complete.

What had happened was that it actually defaulted to the second account that was logged in via the SOE website here.  I wrote about it in a petition to warn others about it.  I received no comment from that submission other than the other part of my petition.  I also left feedback when I was asked to do so and spoke of this again in that feedback.  So far I've heard nothing more on this anomally.  So I thought perhaps someone else might like to know that this is what happened to me and could possibly happen to some other transactions.

Bregdania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:02 PM   #12
Zehl_Ice-Fire

Loremaster

Amnerys wrote:

We actually did send out an email about the promotion, on the Friday before it began (11/26). If you're not getting our emails, check your Station Account settings to make sure you're opted in to get our emails, and then check to be sure we're not going in your spam filter.

100% positive all 3 of my accounts have mail on, I seem to get a lot more EQII emails than my friends who are also sure theirs is checked. I check my spam regularly, they never go there. Whatever mailing system SOE uses it just doesn't make it sometimes.

Katayira: DE Inquisitor/Alchemist/Tinker
Musette: Evil Pixie Dirge/tailor
also max woodworker, jeweler, and armorer
ask me for FB
Zehl_Ice-Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:16 PM   #13
Eveningsong

Tester

Yep, I got 3 emails from SOE in the past month, but none were relating to the promotion.  However, I did try to spread the word among friends who might be interested SMILEY.

Eveningsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:35 PM   #14
Calthine

ZAM EQII

Eveningsong wrote:

Yep, I got 3 emails from SOE in the past month, but none were relating to the promotion. 

Same here.

Please visit my non-gaming Blog! or follow me on Twitter!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote