EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-10-2010, 09:48 PM   #1
Shuai

Loremaster

Those on pvp servers know that pvp in the world is dying. Even with the upcoming changes for battlefields it will be vitalized for a very short period. Give us a third faction. Give Exile an Overlord or better yet an Underlord! Let us have writs and pvp gear even if the pvp gear has a higher token price. Give the true pvpers a place to reside and not take away their ability to progress their character in the same fashion they would in an overlord faction.  Revive exile!

What do you guys think?

Old 05-11-2010, 12:49 AM   #2
Grayspirit

Loremaster

Currently about half of the server population either stands idle or jumps around in circles in either qeynos harbor or north freeport because of the battleground NPCs (usually within hailing distance of them actually). They do this because they know there is no wild pvp.

When new halas is released most of the server population will be in the same zone. In arms distance of each other. Standing idle or jumping in circles. In immunity.

Most that could maybe happen is since it'll be like moors 2.0, is maybe people will make pets to talk to each other and swim out in the water to get out of immunity and maybe duel each other. The only way to fix this is to put all the battleground merchants in the middle of a zone and not in immunity.

Broncas.mybrute.com
Grayspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:42 AM   #3
baldwinboy3

Loremaster

I like the idea of exile faction "underlord" would bring new aspect to pvp that was once popular. I have a 42 warden all [Removed for Content] out waiting in limbo (since i dont play him with no pvp gear) and would go back to him in a second to play all the time if that happened.

I dont think it will though.

i say no perma immunity in zones that has open world pvp. meaning only in citys do you get the perma immunitys. this would help those who want to stay in immunity and talk with pets and stuff.

baldwinboy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:10 PM   #4
Blambil
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Truculent Brew

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Currently about half of the server population either stands idle or jumps around in circles in either qeynos harbor or north freeport because of the battleground NPCs (usually within hailing distance of them actually). They do this because they know there is no wild pvp.

When new halas is released most of the server population will be in the same zone. In arms distance of each other. Standing idle or jumping in circles. In immunity.

Most that could maybe happen is since it'll be like moors 2.0, is maybe people will make pets to talk to each other and swim out in the water to get out of immunity and maybe duel each other. The only way to fix this is to put all the battleground merchants in the middle of a zone and not in immunity.

You make a great point. The whole concept of "bubbles" of immunity, within a given zone, always struck me as lazy.. either too lazy to create the resources in a 2nd/3rd location, or to create a new zone etc..

From an 'immersion' standpoint, bubbles totally wreck it as well.. the fact that two mortal enemies can stand at a banker, unable to even talk to each other, and yet, if they move 100ft, they are now expected to kill each other.... .dumb...

I'm not sure the right way to fix it... but it's one MORE thing that is screwed up.

Blambil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:05 PM   #5
Aldhissla

Loremaster

I'm not sure if this is the right way to do it but world pvp does need a revival.

Old 05-11-2010, 05:37 PM   #6
Neskonlith

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

the fact that two mortal enemies can stand at a banker, unable to even talk to each other, and yet, if they move 100ft, they are now expected to kill each other.... .dumb...

Just like in real life where you ignore your "mortal enemies" if you meet them in line at the bank - you aren't going to gossip with them.

Also, if you kill your enemy in a bank line in RL, chances are good that you'll get your bullet-riddled carcass tazed into crispy bbq ribs long before you can finish tea-bagging them.

"...Gibbets, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of carrion in the morning. You know, one time we had Freeport TG defended, pvp for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked to their revive spot. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' QQ body. The smell, you know that putrescent smell, the whole writ house. Smelled like… victory..."

- Apocalypse Gnome
Neskonlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:20 PM   #7
Greggthegrmreapr

Loremaster

PvP was ruined when they started bending to all the complaints that appear on these boards...  just sayin...

Greggthegrmreapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:38 PM   #8
Brynhild

Loremaster

Here's a perfect solution to the problem:

Absoutely no immunity, ANYWHERE, from attacks.  If you are in an 'immune' labeled area you simply don't drop loot or coin if you get killed but you can still get attacked.

On top of this, if you are in a guarded immune area and you attack someone the guards will zerg you because you shouldn't be attacking people in their guarded zone.   If evil attacks someone in qeynos, the qeynos guards will hunt them down, but qeynos can attack evil people in qeynos with no problems and opposite for freeport zones of course.

So immune is changed to 'won't drop loot' zone instead of 'can't be attacked at all' (so you can use the banker and such)

Brynhild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:56 PM   #9
Killque

Loremaster

Brynhild wrote:

Here's a perfect solution to the problem:

Absoutely no immunity, ANYWHERE, from attacks.  If you are in an 'immune' labeled area you simply don't drop loot or coin if you get killed but you can still get attacked.

On top of this, if you are in a guarded immune area and you attack someone the guards will zerg you because you shouldn't be attacking people in their guarded zone.   If evil attacks someone in qeynos, the qeynos guards will hunt them down, but qeynos can attack evil people in qeynos with no problems and opposite for freeport zones of course.

So immune is changed to 'won't drop loot' zone instead of 'can't be attacked at all' (so you can use the banker and such)

This may make crafting expensive items a bit more difficult =)

Killque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:40 PM   #10
baldwinboy3

Loremaster

I would make it so no permament immunity unless in a city or tradeskill area. All other places would have a count down and thats it. if u want out of zone call out or go zone imo.

baldwinboy3 is offline   Reply With Quote