EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > History and Lore
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-12-2007, 04:09 AM   #1
Ordate

Loremaster

When doing the SoD you eventually enter the Throne of Thex to question the queen at the very end.  Off to a side room there is a book you can read.  The material concerns the runes we have heard much about and are now hearing more about.  One thing that is mentioned that I drew a complete blank on.  I'm going from memory but it spoke first of the two runes.  How the one Vul was known before as Etherne.  Gave the design of the rune itself etc.  Then it spoke of where one was first seen, I believe it was the rune of the shissar that it was speaking of.  But it set the location for the first finding of this rune as "the ruins of Chelsith".

When I read the name Chelsith my brain jumped to the Howling stones, but after muling this over for a while, I doubt that the dev's would have spelled it differently between two games.  So I am left wondering... Does anyone have any info on this city that is in ruins?

Also, if you guys need, I can parse my log file and bring up the text and post it here.  Just give me the word and Ill do some digging.

edit:  Opps just saw the other thread that gives detail on this book...but the city still plagues me for the last several days now.  Am I forgetting some refrence to this city previously?

Old 07-12-2007, 10:53 AM   #2
Cusashorn

Loremaster

I don't know anything about "Chelsith", but the city you're thinking about is Charasis.
Cusashorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:18 AM   #3
troodon

Loremaster

Cusashorn wrote:
I don't know anything about "Chelsith", but the city you're thinking about is Charasis.
Chelsith was the Shissar city in the Overthere.  Not the Howling Stones, but in the same vicinity

ROL GRATUL SKORCHERS!!
troodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:57 PM   #4
CyriexVTZ

Loremaster

If I remember correctly one of the first Iksar cities to be built after the Green Mist sundered the Shissar empire was built upon the ruins of Chelsith, the Shissar Capital Given they're both in the Overrealm, its possible Charasis was built ontop of Chelsith, but if I remember right Chelsith was mentioned to be a coastal city looking over the cliffs..
Old 07-12-2007, 04:40 PM   #5
Maergoth

Loremaster

To confirm.. Chelsith was the Shissar city in Overthere.. I dont know where exactly but it's either the ruins around karnors, the buildings by the spires, it took up the whole zone or it's long pounded to dust SMILEY

Jaraxx tells you, 'Why did you die? Man up. Ask for DI from your priests'

You tell Jaraxx, 'I had a "save" running..'

http://tinyurl.com/PaladinFeedback
Maergoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 05:21 PM   #6
Druisagoldengod

Loremaster

*Doh*
Druisagoldengod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:06 PM   #7
troodon

Loremaster

Maergoth wrote:
To confirm.. Chelsith was the Shissar city in Overthere.. I dont know where exactly but it's either the ruins around karnors, the buildings by the spires, it took up the whole zone or it's long pounded to dust SMILEY
You're confusing the Dreadlands with the Overthere

ROL GRATUL SKORCHERS!!
troodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:11 PM   #8
Ordate

Loremaster

Oi now its even more confusing then what it was before....  Ya I knew it was charsis, but my mind kept grabbing at it for some reason, hence me stating that I don't think the devs would have mispelled it between the two on purpose.  To many foggy half remembered memories of doing quests back in the day.

So what do we actually know...Chelisth was a city of the Shissar built in: a) The overthere (not the overrealm, thats the droag/dragon/aviak pos type area) b) The dreadlands c)  ?

and

Was a city actually built on top of it and if so which one?

Of "cities" mentioned: 1)  The evil city in overthere, the name escapes me.  Deffinately over-looking the water. 2)  Howling stones 3)  The city beneath the huge combine spires.  In the "safe" area of DL where you ported in.  (though I thought its origins was the combine empire) 4)  Karnors castle and the ruins that surround it 5)  Other?