EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > History and Lore
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-03-2007, 10:26 AM   #1
Ama

General

Was going through some old stuff with a toon of mine and came across the quest with the totems.  One part that stuck out at me is it talked about entities that exist in another dimension/time.  Is it possible the Shadowedmen are "Evolved" Norrathians from some odd hundred thousand years into the future? Did they come back in time to get power in order to fix their future so to speak?
Old 07-03-2007, 10:40 AM   #2
Lord Montague

Loremaster

My understanding is that they are otherworldy - they are alien to Norrath and originate from the Void, I think.  I'm sure there's a lore fiend out there that can elaborate more though.
Lord Montague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:43 AM   #3
Ama

General

[email protected] Bayle wrote:
My understanding is that they are otherworldy - they are alien to Norrath and originate from the Void, I think.  I'm sure there's a lore fiend out there that can elaborate more though.
That's my point what exactly is "The Void" that we know of? All we say is it is another dimension but what if it is a deep cavern within a distant future of Norrath itself? Those things coming back through the "time gate" would be considered alien because they are "Not Native" to our time period. 
Old 07-03-2007, 10:52 AM   #4
Nastharl

Loremaster

The void and norrath are parrallel universes. No one from the void goes back in time to norrath, because the void exists simultaneously with all times in norrath.
Nastharl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:56 AM   #5
Kaiser Sigma

Loremaster

If you do the last step of Access to the Vestibule quest you'll see that the Shadowedmen are an entity of their own; they have nothing to do with Norrathians. They infect a host body and then you get a shadowedman~.
Kaiser Sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:57 AM   #6
Cusashorn

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
The void and norrath are parrallel universes. No one from the void goes back in time to norrath, because the void exists simultaneously with all times in norrath.

Not universes. Planes. Norrath exists on it's own plane, just as there is a plane of Tranquility, Growth, Valor, Disease, Sky, etc.

The Void is just that. The Void. Quite litterally NOTHING.

Cusashorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 02:10 PM   #7
steelbadger

Loremaster

Planes are far more contained (even if they are larger) than universes. As far as I am aware the planes are not universes in their own right, simply locations. Think of them more as the same universe but in alternate dimensions (that can be rotated, as it where, by stepping through a portal, making you exist and see in different dimensions) I suggest this because I don't think Universes are contiguous, and stepping through any portal could not ensure the same appearance location at any one time, unless there was travel time in the area outside the universe... which is hard considering matter cannot exist outside a universe (indeed I could not survive in another universe -as in the me that writes this, not a parallel me- due to our own law of the conservation of energy. The void, however... Is that another set of dimensions? Or is it the space outside the dimensions, dimensionless from the outside, but massive on the inside... I'm pretty sure that The Shadowed men could not originate in the void, in fact they could not exist in the void where is truly as described. Maybe they have found a way to impose dimensions on the Void in localized pockets. Also; why does the void, this nothingness, have asteroids in it? Are they chunks of other planes?
steelbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:00 PM   #8
troodon

Loremaster

I think that whatever we would classify the Void as is distinct from the Planes.

ROL GRATUL SKORCHERS!!
troodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:23 PM   #9
Drager
Server: Nektulos
Guild: True Brotherhood of Knights

Loremaster

any one heard of the words of Zebuxoruk.. in this story it talks about three versions of Norrath the norath was split into 3 copys one curled in on its self(eq1) the second(possibly EQ2 or....eq3) went ahead and the third(possibly EQ2 or....eq3) followed it shortly behind it so now there are three copys of the same dimension or plane or univeres what ever you call it is a  place seperate from all other places now the void is eather one of those copys of  norath or more likly a place beyond time and logic and even magic  a plane/universe/!dimension!(cough) that was created by aciedent a cause of some unseen problem which its cause is the void only a theory but i think it is a demension not a plane but to prove this i need to know if anyone has read Flatland?
Drager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:32 PM   #10
Vollux

Loremaster

Actually the fabric was torn in "twain" which would be two.  See the highlighted portions below for reference.

The Words of Zebuxoruk

It is my intention to record the events I have witnessed that all mortals may be given an understanding concerning the fabric of reality that we now find ourselves in. Those who were with me in that hour would have no recollection of this most important event transpiring around them. If they do have a remembrance then it is as a fleeting touch upon the mind, as if it were a feather drifting within thought, unable to lay hold upon with a hand of understanding. For the minds of mortals are a mysterious thing, even to those that make claim upon their creation. And so it came to pass that the races of Norrath gathered together in the place where time cannot be measured for it was time itself, both no time and all times at once. And here did they seek me that I may give them knowledge that I had obtained that was forbidden by the gods of Norrath. But this knowledge I have not recorded upon these pages as it is for another recording for another time and another place. And so I make a writing concerning the events that transpired upon my liberation from stasis at the hands of these mortals. As I was to impart my forbidden knowledge to them the Matron of the Art, even Druzzil Ro, manifested herself before us and forbade me to share my knowledge with them saying 'Zebuxoruk, my student I cannot allow this to happen. If you were to escape from another prison the will and power of the gods will have been compromised!' Addressing me she also spake saying 'I must set things back to how they were before you and these mortals arrived here, I believe that you cannot understand this and I am sorry.' And in so saying weaved her incantation that these mortals' time as well as my own would be returned to the place of her appointment. However, this was not all that transpired. For I beheld the fabric of time that all beings travel upon unfurled before me as a scroll of exquisite parchment. And I beheld that the parchment neatly tore in twain at that moment of the Matron's command, but not as two parts of a whole but as two wholes of the same whole each containing the same words and symbols and they continued on as before, completely unaware of one another. I then watched as one of the parchments curled upon itself for the space of time appointed by the Matron of the Art so that the parchment did not continue forward for the space of several hours before once again continuing on before me. And it came to pass that the two parchments continued on before me into parts I could no longer see, one traveling before the other and the words and symbols upon them both began to change, slightly at first but more and more profoundly as they continued on. And the space of time between them was the very same number of hours that was the appointed time of the Matron. And all this I saw before my loss of consciousness and subsequent reawakening. I now must make an end to this writing not knowing which of the fabrics of time I now find myself upon. Is it the one that the Matron made curl upon itself? Is it the one that continued on with the changing words and symbols? Or could I be on both, the one part having no knowledge of the other? In the end it may matter not but for the sake of knowledge and wisdom I have written this now so that this event may be remembered.

to re-rail the thread as it were back to the Void I know Justathorn wrote that crazy people in the Freeport infirmary spoke of entering the Void and Seeing Shadowmen.

Vollux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:00 PM   #11
Drager

Loremaster

lol ya i just realized that but i do figure it out the secound parchment curled only for a few hours this is our plane the first went forward this is the plane of the shadow men i have more on this here http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=377343
Old 08-17-2007, 04:34 PM   #12
Vhalen

Developer

I like to see debates about the shadowed men. Where do they come from? Who are they? What do they want? Why do they need host bodies? All difficult questions, but each has an answer.

To understand some of the mysteries of the shadowed men you must understand the world in which they live in. These beings live in a violent and unstable world. To survive in that maelstrom they have employed great arcane and scientific forces. Some of you have encountered one of their greatest machines. Without it, all hope would be lost to the shadowed men... and the one that rules them.

Still though, there are things to discuss other than their current residence. I know most of you believe the shadowed men are residents of the Void, but is this dimension their true home or could they have actually originated elsewhere? Professor Romiak Jusathorn once held a grand debate on the origin of the shadowed men, this was well after the rise in obelisk sightings. The great Professor was said to have captured a shadowed man out in the field. For days he tried to procure information, but he learned little before the shadowed man collapsed inwards. Taking what little he learned and comparing it with findings made by scholars from all corners of Norrath, the Professor proposed this.  

"The origins of the invisible beings designated as shadowed men seems to have been lost to all, even themselves. It is either the powers of their world or the power of some god that has forsaken the entire race by casting them into a prison realm and stripping them of their history. There is an ancient shissar fable that centers on a race stricken down by the gods and ripped from reality. What the fabled race did to bring such omnipotent wrath down upon them is unknown. Much of the ancient fable is indecipherable. What has been decoded states that as punishment the gods smote the entire race by sending them to "nothing." Their memories were stripped and even written records of them were cast into oblivion. They vanished from reality."

Could this be the race that is the shadowed men?

Vhalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 05:13 PM   #13
Josgar

Loremaster

Vhalen wrote:

I like to see debates about the shadowed men. Where do they come from? Who are they? What do they want? Why do they need host bodies? All difficult questions, but each has an answer.

To understand some of the mysteries of the shadowed men you must understand the world in which they live in. These beings live in a violent and unstable world. To survive in that maelstrom they have employed great arcane and scientific forces. Some of you have encountered one of their greatest machines. Without it, all hope would be lost to the shadowed men... and the one that rules them.

Still though, there are things to discuss other than their current residence. I know most of you believe the shadowed men are residents of the Void, but is this dimension their true home or could they have actually originated elsewhere? Professor Romiak Jusathorn once held a grand debate on the origin of the shadowed men, this was well after the rise in obelisk sightings. The great Professor was said to have captured a shadowed man out in the field. For days he tried to procure information, but he learned little before the shadowed man collapsed inwards. Taking what little he learned and comparing it with findings made by scholars from all corners of Norrath, the Professor proposed this.  

"The origins of the invisible beings designated as shadowed men seems to have been lost to all, even themselves. It is either the powers of their world or the power of some god that has forsaken the entire race by casting them into a prison realm and stripping them of their history. There is an ancient shissar fable that centers on a race stricken down by the gods and ripped from reality. What the fabled race did to bring such omnipotent wrath down upon them is unknown. Much of the ancient fable is indecipherable. What has been decoded states that as punishment the gods smote the entire race by sending them to "nothing." Their memories were stripped and even written records of them were cast into oblivion. They vanished from reality."

Do ya think you can tell me the process for banishing a race into nothingness? I bet it would work on the New Tunarians! MUAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Josgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:39 PM   #14
Rabid-Othmir

Loremaster

Might as well use it on all the elves while you're at it.
Rabid-Othmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:44 PM   #15
troodon

Loremaster

Vhalen wrote:

Hmmm

ROL GRATUL SKORCHERS!!
Old 08-18-2007, 12:55 PM   #16
Drager

Loremaster

oooh wait heres a wierd idea......................... The Shadows of Lonesome Hollow in this story it states there was a vilage of wierd poeple who stayed to them selves and any way these were the shadow people i belive they could be the rac3e that was exiled from norath for what reason (this is pure theory here) worshiping the nameless you really have to read it to know what im talking about http://www.lorelibrary.com/?page=book&bid=196
Old 08-18-2007, 06:05 PM   #17
Araxes

Loremaster

Oh internets, how you tease me!
Old 08-20-2007, 09:40 AM   #18
evhallion

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
oooh wait heres a wierd idea......................... The Shadows of Lonesome Hollow in this story it states there was a vilage of wierd poeple who stayed to them selves and any way these were the shadow people i belive they could be the rac3e that was exiled from norath for what reason (this is pure theory here) worshiping the nameless you really have to read it to know what im talking about http://www.lorelibrary.com/?page=book&bid=196
Makes me think of the village of Somborn for some reason.....
Old 08-20-2007, 11:55 AM   #19
Druisagoldengod

Loremaster

A Shissar fable eh?  So that would mean this race would have to be at the same time or before the Shissar.  Which of the ages did the Shissar live on Kunark again?  I remember reading something on the Age of the Snake... but that could have been non cannon.  If they lived on Kunark during or after the Age of Blood, wouldn't it be interesting to find out that this ancient race that the God's ripped from reality was actually the reason for the demise of the Combine Empire?
Druisagoldengod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 12:12 PM   #20
Cusashorn

Loremaster

The demise of the Combine Empire was already established with the assassination of Tsaph Katta by Lord Seru and the migration to Luclin by both factions. I don't think the Shissar or Shadowmen are involved.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:35 PM   #21
Druisagoldengod

Loremaster

You're probably right with them not being involved.  I was just seeing if the Shissar could be used as a time reference to whomever the race was that was ripped from reality. Do you have a link to the rift that you speak of?
Druisagoldengod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 03:18 PM   #22
Saroc_Luclin

Loremaster

Sounds like it's a more extreme punishment than even the Goblins got. Remember during the Rallosian war I, the giants and ogres were stupified and scattered, while the goblin race was shattered and knocked back practically to animal levels. (The Anexafean or something like that were their original race) . Then again, maybe the goblins were always as we saw them, and the 3rd Rallosian race was so shattered that we only THINK the Goblins are there remnants. We do know that there were races around before Veeshan's time, or at least the early days. The Shissar are one of those (more or less); I don't believe we ever learned what god claimed their creation. Bertox's creators, the dragon killers are another who have disappeared except for the remnant that was pulled into the Plane of Disease; maybe they could be the ones punished (though hard to say why). It would explain why there is little to no evidence of them outside of the Planes. Rodcet Nife's race is a third possibility too. Rodcet was the "White sheep" of a race otherwise filled with scoundrals and Bad People IIRC. The only other ancient race I can think of (and stay preLDoN EQ, so the squid faces of Illsalin don't count), would be the Sphynx. Though we know little of their demise, the impression I had was they simply faded away into obscurity and old age; not that they were swatted out of the universe by the Gods. *Edit* Oh and I believe the time line is the Shissar left Norrath a few centuries before the Combine ever formed. It was a factoid we chewed over a lot on the EQLive boards when TBS came out. The Combine itself was about 200-300 years before EQLive, which puts it near the 800yearish mark for EQII's current timeline.
Saroc_Luclin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 04:56 PM   #23
Drager

Loremaster

here is a possible theory......i figure that the nameless is the shadow mens creater and that (he/she/it) who created all of the universe and norrath would have created a race to live upon it........ these people where people of great power and technology so powerful that their magic and siecnce challenged the gods them selves.....i belive the gods were jelous of these people for their great power and being the beloved of the nameless(their creator much like that of the high elves and the wood elves)...the creator of all so the gods punished them took away thier phsical form and sentanced them to the void.....well that is what i think might have happened....it would explain alot.......... espesical thier power there mysterios leader who lives in the void(cough)  also how you never see their bodys of course thier are other explanations of that..........unlike cusa i belive the nameless still exists i also belive (if this is so) that we are the invaders of norrath and the shadow men are its rightful owner with thier plight for knowlage and their inmese power that will only increase. i fear they will begin to wage war on the gods starting with us.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:33 PM   #24
Drager

Loremaster

Old 08-20-2007, 11:48 PM   #25
evhallion

Loremaster

Anyone remember this story:

The Three Keys - The First Key

This book is titled "The Three Keys - the First". It is the story of a small girl by the name of Aiven and what when she is given three separate keys. As Aiven woke up that morning, she felt the day would bring her all manner of exciting surprises. But this was a common feeling, her being a girl of only ten years. She had already learned that discoveries could be found anywhere if you just went looking. What she didn't know was that that today, those discoveries would come looking for her. After she helped her mother around the farm for most of the morning, Aiven asked if she could go play. She listened patiently to all the warnings her mother recited to her, for she had heard them all before. With a final "I will, Mom", she sprinted off to explore, with not a second thought to what her mother said. After all, how dangerous could a troll actually be? As Aiven engrossed herself in a rousing game of "What's Under This Rock?", she lost all track of time. Even though her mother had told her to be home well before sunset on penalty of the switch, she paid little attention to the lengthening shadows. Not until one stole over her rather quickly did she finally look up, only to see what - or who - was casting the shadow. Standing in front of her was an old woman wearing odd robes. She asked Aiven, "What is it, little girl, that you are looking for?" Aiven instantly remembered all the warnings her mother gave her, especially the ones about little girls being sold to the dark elves. "Interesting things," she replied, at which time the old woman smiled. "If you are seeking things of interest, then these will help you open the way to finding them," the old woman said, and handed Aiven a small pouch. Inside were three keys, one copper, one silver, and one gold. "But what doors do they unlock?" she asked. "Many exciting discoveries," the old woman said warmly. Aiven looked up to ask what the old woman meant, but she saw that she had vanished without a trace. Aiven decided it was now a good time to go home. As she turned around, she was surprised to see a door standing right behind her. Not pausing to question how that was even possible, she quickly tried the keys, knowing this was no mere coincidence. The first one she tried opened the door right away. Looking inside, she saw the most interesting sights she had ever witnessed. Entranced by what she saw, Aiven stepped inside the door. Floating all around her were oddly shaped rocks, straw-stuffed poppets, and bowls of flavored iced creams. Inside this enormous room was everything she could ever want! Just as she was about to start eating some of the iced creams, she noticed an adjoining room connected to this one. She thought, "If this room contains so many wonders, what does the next room hold?" In the next room, she saw someone who looked like her older sister. If she had one, that is. The young maiden was locked in an embrace with a young man wearing a suit of shining armor. As they were about to kiss each other, Aiven exclaimed, "Ewww! Boys are icky!" At that moment, Aiven noticed that behind the couple was even another room. She sidestepped the two, let out another "ewww", and walked into the next room In this room, she saw a smiling woman who looked a lot like her mother. Standing around the woman were several girls of different ages. The more she looked, the more she thought the girls looked a little like her. And though she couldn't exactly explain why, Aiven thought the room felt like "Happy". Aiven, feeling she was interrupting something, turned around to leave - at which point she smacked her face into a tree trunk. As Aiven rubbed her bruised nose, she gave the tree a good pound with her fist. The tree then said, "No need to be rude." Aiven looked up and saw that is was not a tree after all, but rather a gigantic one-eyed man. He peered down at her with his one eye and said, "You unlocked the door to your heart. People usually never leave the first room they enter. Do you want to unlock the next door?"

The Three Keys - The Second Key

This book is titled "The Three Keys - the Second". It is the story of a small girl by the name of Aiven and what happens to her when she seeks to unlock the second door. Aiven would have never expected such amazing things to be hidden behind such an odd door. She looked at the remaining two keys and wondered what interesting things these ones kept locked away. Finally she answered the giant one-eyed man and said, "Yes, I think I am still curious. Show me to the next door," and remembering her manners finished with, "if you would be so kind." The cyclops reached down and hoisted Aiven onto his shoulders and said, "Hold onto my topknot... it might get bumpy." He then proceeded to step out of the first door and back into the plains. Aiven asked the giant, "Where are we going?" to which he responded, "You have the key to unlock your mind. We are going to find the door". The cyclops then began to walk with slow, steady steps. As they began to travel in the direction of the sun, his pace began to pick up. Sooner than Aiven would have thought possible, they had reached a great shoreline with endless ocean ahead of them. Instead of stopping, however, the cyclops continued walking into the ocean. Aiven was worried that they would sink, but noticed that the cyclops never broke the surface of the water. She asked him, "How do you do that?" The cyclops replied back, "When you put you mind to something, nothing is impossible." And for some reason, that made perfect sense to Aiven. They continued to travel across the ocean until they eventually made landfall in a misty green forest. Aiven said, "What an odd forest". The cyclops replied, "It is not a forest. When you give something a second thought, you may wind up seeing things differently." So Aiven looked and thought again, and saw the forest for what it really was this time. And they both continued traveling. As they traveled on, they came upon a land covered in snow and ice. They climbed a great mountain and saw winged lizards engaged in heated arguments. After they passed, Aiven asked why they were arguing. "New ideas are just as important as old ones. They think otherwise", said the cyclops. And they traveled on. Eventually, the pair found themselves walking around a wild land, full of lush jungles and arid savannas. All around them were the ruins of a once mighty civilization. Before Aiven had a chance to ask, the cyclops said, "Even though you think you 'can' do it, you should always ask yourself if you 'should' do it. No one here has ever learned that." And they traveled on. Soon enough, the cyclops announced that they had arrived at their destination and lowered Aiven to the ground. She looked around and recognized where they were. "But, we're back at where we started!", she said. When there was no reply, she looked around and saw that he was gone. All she was left with were his words during their journey. Aiven remembered what the cyclops said about giving things a second thought. She gave the door a second look and saw there was another keyhole she didn't see before. She thought about whether she 'should' open the door just because she 'could', but being ten years old, wasn't able to understand the cyclops meant by that. Aiven then unlocked the door... and found no room on the other side. This time, she knew to turn around. As she turned around, she wasn't surprised to see a new companion. In front of her was a very old centaur. She had seen one before, so she knew not to be rude and stare. The centaur looked at her and said, "You have unlocked your mind, child. You have used two keys. Forget about the third. I can lead you safely home now, if you so desire."

The Three Keys - The Third Key

This book is titled "The Three Keys - the Third". It is the story of a small girl by the name of Aiven and what happens to her when she unlocks the third and final door. "But what about the third key?" she said, "What could this one possibly open?" The old centaur looked at her with a stony gaze and said, "This one unlocks your fate". Those words were enough to spark Aiven's curiosity once again. She had to know what the final key opened. Aiven told the centaur that she wanted to see what the last key unlocked. The centaur said in a warningly, "That doorway is not for little girls. Some things are better left unknown". She insisted, however, until the centaur finally relented and told her to climb up onto his back. He told her to close her eyes as they traveled. She felt the centaur begin to gallop, and waited impatiently. At least had the decency to let her see where they were going. After a short while, she risked a peek. All around her was a vibrant storm of colors, violently swirling in a chaotic maelstrom. She quickly shut her eyes again and refused to open them for the rest of the journey. What seemed like an eternity later, the centaur said, "We are here." Where there were once swarming colors, all that remained was the pair, a door, and an endless field of white. Aiven asked where they were, but the centaur just looked at her dispassionately. Aiven realized he was waiting for her to unlock the door, so she obliged. As she was about to open the door, then centaur said, "It is not too late, child. I can take you home. I fear for what you will find inside, child." Aiven told the centaur, "I can't stop now." I'm going to find out what my fate is. And with that, the centaur vanished. She knew it was now or never, and opened the door. Inside she saw an immense room, oozing with darkness. Aiven summoned all of her courage, and stepped through the door. It didn't take long for her eyes to adjust to the darkness. It took a few moments more for her to realize she could see in perfect darkness. As a matter of fact, there were a number of odd things happening. For one, she felt like she was taller and her muscles ached. Another thing was that she was dressed in an odd robe and had a number of different interesting objects hanging from her sash. The most interesting thing was when she looked into a nearby hanging mirror, she saw that she had the face of an old woman. Before she realized what was happening, she began walking to a massive door made from the blackest metal she had ever seen. She moved her hand in an odd manner and the door exploded into a thousand pieces. She then called out in an old, yet steady voice, "I am here, fiend! This world is not yours, it is ours! I may not be able to stop you, but I WILL slow you down." With that, a figure materialized in front of her... formed of a darkness unlike anything she had seen before. The figure of pure darkness spoke, "You have refused our offers. You have destroyed our towers. You have entered our lands." It continued, "By my hands, it is your time to suffer... for all eternity", at which point Aiven presented forth a glimmering sphere. "No... you cannot know of that", the form screamed, "Two hundred thousand years and no one knows of that!!!" Aiven replied, "I remembered it from when I was a child." At that moment the sphere in her hands started glowing white. "Finding this wasn't hard, fiend," said Aiven as the sphere's glow intensified, "What was difficult is letting go of the keys I held onto for all those years." The sphere was now as bright as the sun. "As a matter of fact, even what I'm about to do isn't as hard as letting go of those keys. For you see, I know for a fact that this is where it ends." With that, she took a deep breath, exhaled, and the sphere exploded with the intensity of a thousand suns instantly dying. Aiven was shaken awake by her mother. "I was worried sick, Aiven!", she yelled, "I thought you were taken by the nomads!". Looking around, she realized she had dozed off beneath a tree on their farm. She told her mother she had the oddest dream, to which her mother said, "Don't believe any of that nonsense. No one ever got far by believing in silly dreams. Now you had better clean up before we eat dinner, do you hear me?". Aiven nodded her head and went back to the house to wash up. But first, she stopped by her room, took something from her pocket, and placed them under her pillow - three keys of copper, silver, and gold. THE END

Old 08-21-2007, 12:20 AM   #26
Drager

Loremaster

amasing story.....dosent that prove my previase statement? i mean it seems like all of teh things i said were proven in that last phargraph  the fact5 that there was a race of people who were exiled to the void and were maybe not evil but corrupted by their years there....also makes me think they will make a void expansion (cough...cusa) because it said that we entered thier lands but it also said that we didnt acept thier deals that does not make sense i would gladly share my land with a race that could give use so much insite on the other planes and universes also the terchnology they have is incredible but i sapose it is like the native americans we let the invaders enter  hoping they would share thier technology with us but it can with a cost which was almost extinction i do hope we learn more about the shadow men and we actually have inteligent converstaions with them rather than all of this killing....its a bit crued.. but what cou7ld they have done to anger the gods like that?
Old 08-21-2007, 12:45 AM   #27
troodon

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
amasing story.....dosent that prove my previase statement?
It lends weight to the parts you simply repeated from Vhalen

ROL GRATUL SKORCHERS!!
Old 08-21-2007, 12:47 AM   #28
Drager

Loremaster

like what anyways he tells good story all hail the god of lore
Old 08-21-2007, 01:55 AM   #29
Cusashorn

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
all hail the god of lore
oh stop. You're too kind!
Old 08-21-2007, 02:05 AM   #30
Drager

Loremaster

ummm thats Vhalen but you are like the demi god of lore so it goes Vhalen god of lore Cusa demi god of lore Drager master of the void (man i like that titleSMILEY) (oh another good one is follower of Vhalen) ok back on topic the only real thing that i took from his post was the fact that it was a race that was exiled from norath this is true no matter what you say next you really didnt read what i said or that whole story because in my post i stated that the shadow men are here to take back their world and to wag war on the gods.....now troodon reading is a vertue and if you follow my posts on the shadow men and the void you may just see the light.  now it says evry where that the void corupts what ever enters it....we know this because all the noarthians who have returned from the void have been corupted......... except for that girl now now we know that the shadow men were not all bad from the town story of the people of the shadow this was before the were exiled. now you need to understand the nature of the void and how it works to understand anything of the curnent shadow men so insteed of stating the credit to the developers who made all of the lore and who knnow all about  the shadow men  it is our job to find out more about the void and theorize the devs are there to give us clues so if i restate something they said then i am allowed to do that but i have stated much more than that