EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-04-2012, 02:30 PM   #31
Gilasil

Loremaster

The_Cheeseman wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

It's 2012. No city should lag, especially with the..what is it, 50 person cap on zones?

City zones used to have no population cap, being the only type of zone that never spawned new instances. I assume they are still like that, though I haven't seen enough people in a city at once to test that theory in years.

So I guess my question is: why do you want people "out of guild halls and into the cities" anyway? What problem would this solve?

Freeport had two instances on the Freeport server last night.

As for getting people out of the guild halls into the city, I guess that's a matter of personal taste.  It never bothered me a great deal since people are interacting as much as they would if they were all in the same city anyway, but I can kind of see where they're coming from.  They want a busy bustling city.

Then again consider this.  Imagine that you succeed in getting everyone back to the cities.  How it's done isn't important for this argument.  In EQ2 you won't get lag like some of the posts implied.  You'll get multiple city instances.  The particular instance you're in will still have only so many people spread all over the city.  So it still won't look all that busy.  Once you're getting a couple instances of a city, I suspect that's pretty much the biggest crowd you're going to get unless they increase the number of people per instance; in which case you'll get lag instead.

Gilasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:59 PM   #32
Ceebia

Lord

I hear this and I think of the problem Perfect World has.   A few dozen stalls all set up in common areas making for tremendous lag issue.

Ceebia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:59 PM   #33
Iad

Loremaster

For me, it was never about interacting with other people in the cities, it was about seeing other people in game and especially the people with cool armor and weapons, and giving me a feeling of wanting to work toward obtaining them, etc. small things like that. Guild Halls are cool and all, but they are far too convient and hurt the game more than it helps it in their current form, in my opinion. Running through a city and only seeing a few people makes the game feel dead.

Iad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #34
Timesquare

Loremaster

to OP , MGB similar to EQ1 won't work in EQ2

what i prefer is if players in cities gets 15 ~ 40% faster recovery on vitality ( or a location which offers that in the city )

Timesquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #35
Mixxit
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster

Timesquare wrote:

to OP , MGB similar to EQ1 won't work in EQ2

what i prefer is if players in cities gets 15 ~ 40% faster recovery on vitality ( or a location which offers that in the city )

Great idea!

Alluvial, Order of Thunder @ Antonia Bayle

Maintainer of Lore of Norrath

Need lore? EQ Timeline

Mixxit is offline   Reply With Quote