EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Tavern > Fan Art
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-01-2011, 12:12 PM   #31
screenid

Loremaster

I like this feature -- (been bombarding friends and family with short EQ2 videos)  via smart phone IM 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWm6D85dkLY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-EJX716_6k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCGI-VZUi7E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsuHj1xAbvg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YEEYTLudBw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d3Pj8yoHpc

screenid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:36 PM   #32
Gaige

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I don't really understand the purpose of the in game recorder as the quality is not good at all, it doesn't upload at a good p & it takes forever to upload even the smallest amount. Frapsing, compressing, & uploading to youtube normally is much quicker & better quality.

You can compress, edit and upload the avi from the in-game capture as well and the in-game tool is a lot less laggy for me than fraps is.

Old 09-01-2011, 03:04 PM   #33
Deveryn
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Fourth Wall

Loremaster

Here's a walkthrough of my Tinkered Vehicle house.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G06zheGi3Ho

Thank you for adding this, by the way. I was about to shoot this with my camera as any kind of external video capture tends to be laggy.

Old 09-01-2011, 03:06 PM   #34
Dethdlr
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Advent of Valor

Fansite Staff

Gaige wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I don't really understand the purpose of the in game recorder as the quality is not good at all, it doesn't upload at a good p & it takes forever to upload even the smallest amount. Frapsing, compressing, & uploading to youtube normally is much quicker & better quality.

You can compress, edit and upload the avi from the in-game capture as well and the in-game tool is a lot less laggy for me than fraps is.

Same here. 

I believe there are a few settings you can fiddle with with the in-game capture also to adjust the size and quality.  I think quality is all the way up by default but I think you can increase the size.  I could be wrong though, can't log in to check right now.

EQ2U Lead Programmer |Dethdlr's Adornment Calculator | EQ2Wire.com Columnist

Dethdlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:24 PM   #35
Rothgar

Developer

[email protected] wrote:

Gaige wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Same here. 

I believe there are a few settings you can fiddle with with the in-game capture also to adjust the size and quality.  I think quality is all the way up by default but I think you can increase the size.  I could be wrong though, can't log in to check right now.

We hope to tweak and tune this feature as we see how people are using it the most.  Since the video output isn't as highly compressed as something like FRAPS, that would explain why the performance is better. However, the downside is that we are creating larger files than FRAPS which can result in longer upload times.

At some point in the future I'd like to look at adding more options so you can tailor it to your needs.

Rothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:06 PM   #36
Katanalla
Server: Mistmoore

General

Yea, the main draw back is the upload time to this. It seems that, keeping 10 quality, high res is in the range of about 2 minutes per second of recording, Medium resolution 1 minute per second of recording, and Low resolution about 30 seconds per second of recording. You will NOT be doing many back-to-back recordings with this tool at the moment.

Idea to handle this: FiLe ArRaY!1!1 ~ What I mean by this, is that the file is stored like an array, each time the client is launched it defaults to file_000.avi or what ever, and basically when you hit the 'upload' button for file 000, the target save shifts to file_001.avi, then 002, etc. and makes an upload queue in the background. But then comes 'clearing the excess data' - well, when one goes to /camp desktop or when the client is launched, have it loop through and set a bunch of blank 1 frame .avi's for like up to 20 movies or what ever.

Katanalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:14 AM   #37
Pixiewrath
Server: The Bazaar
Guild: Aristocrats

Loremaster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na02m3wfJyM - Video of the Aether Racing course in Darklight Woods. Made with Vegas and FRAPS.For some reason the sound stutter near the start and start lagging behind. This is my second video where this happens, and I have no idea why, as I didn't have this problem earlier... :/

Pixiewrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:43 PM   #38
Katz

Loremaster

Where is the video saved on the computer?  Or is it?  I wanted to edit it but can't find it.

Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:21 AM   #39
Mwahaha
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Legions of War

Loremaster

Here is a video I made a while back.  Its nothing special just me goofing around in Qeynos.

Mwahaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:23 PM   #40
Pixiewrath

Loremaster

Katz wrote:

Where is the video saved on the computer?  Or is it?  I wanted to edit it but can't find it.

It is placed in the EQ2 folder, in the main folder. I can't find mine now either, so I think it gets removed after you upload it...

Old 09-04-2011, 09:47 AM   #41
Ssue
Guild: Replaced

Loremaster

I think you guys/gals have a great idea with the in game capture feature.  I've not tried it out yet because, as far as I can tell you don't get to edit before posting.  I just started using Fraps and discovered I shot lots videos, but most of it is unusable.  There are long periods between the action that would bore the viewers, we need to be able to edit before uploading or this great idea could end up creating a lot of uninteresting videos.  And if people have to sift through too many boring videos they may not search for them at all.

These are the kind of videos I would use this tool for, if I could edit them first.

The fun of Nagafen

Old 09-05-2011, 10:10 AM   #42
Pixiewrath

Loremaster

This tool could be used for bug reports as well. Implement a "report as bug" square to check on the video recorder or uploading menu and you can link your videos with the bug reports.Like this for example. Happened in thurgadin with a frying pan as well a few months ago, so it's obviously still around...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBy0nIkbxEo

Old 09-05-2011, 08:31 PM   #43
Dethdlr

Fansite Staff

Katz wrote:

It's in your main EQ2 folder.  The file is called EQ2VideoCapture.avi.  

When the box pops up for you to upload the video, just hit cancel.  The file will then stay there and won't get automatically deleted until you record another video.  You can then edit it, rename it, etc. and then upload it however or wherever you choose.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:40 AM   #44
Pixiewrath

Loremaster

Ummm... Like I said... good for bug reports, lol.Anyone had this peculiar bug happening in  Hold of Rime: Ascent?I laughed so much when this happened yesterday. Mentally, not physically.Anyway, the video.Bugged Witch Doctor Vuh'Duh---------------------------------------http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_nlcLt7Lhc

Old 09-06-2011, 05:34 PM   #45
Dethdlr

Fansite Staff

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

Ummm... Like I said... good for bug reports, lol.Anyone had this peculiar bug happening in  Hold of Rime: Ascent?I laughed so much when this happened yesterday. Mentally, not physically.Anyway, the video.Bugged Witch Doctor Vuh'Duh---------------------------------------http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_nlcLt7Lhc

Yeah, that would have probably put us out of commission for a good 5 minutes at least while we laughed our rear ends off.  Very nice video.  SMILEY

Old 09-06-2011, 05:38 PM   #46
Peogia

Loremaster

Rothgar wrote:

What do you think of the new in-game YouTube upload feature?  Have you had a chance to try it out?

If so, respond to this thread and post links of your videos so we can see what you're using it for.

How do you record video with Everquest II I haven't seen any options in game

The FBI is encouraging users to visit a website run by its security partner, http://www.dcwg.org , that will inform them whether they're infected and explain how to fix the problem. After July 9, infected users won't be able to connect to the Internet.
Peogia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:07 PM   #47
Dethdlr

Fansite Staff

Peogia wrote:

Rothgar wrote:

What do you think of the new in-game YouTube upload feature?  Have you had a chance to try it out?

If so, respond to this thread and post links of your videos so we can see what you're using it for.

How do you record video with Everquest II I haven't seen any options in game

From the update notes:

VIDEO CAPTURE

The ability to capture video and upload it to YouTube.com has been added. Note: 4GB of system memory is recommended when using the video recording feature. Systems with less than 4GB of memory may experience a decrease in performance when using this feature.

• The Video Capture Window is now hidden by default (use the default hotkey Alt+y to toggle it).
  • After recording video, a file called EQ2VideoCapture.avi will be placed in your root install directory. If you record a second video it will overwrite this file.
    • A UI window to upload your video to YouTube.com will appear after recording video.
  • Video Capture Options/Settings:
    • Hotkey can be changed under Controls - Window Keys - Video Capture Window
    • Output quality can be set under User Interface - Video Capture

Old 09-07-2011, 12:32 AM   #48
Gaftep
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Blind Guardians

Loremaster

New Video - Qhohatesbugs

Small bug with naming the new Qho companion, it lets you name him breifly (about 2 to 4 seconds) and then his name reverts to the default.

Already bugged it but heck it's fun to share videos (and this one got me the first achievement).

Old 09-07-2011, 08:03 AM   #49
Pixiewrath

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

New Video - Qhohatesbugs

Small bug with naming the new Qho companion, it lets you name him breifly (about 2 to 4 seconds) and then his name reverts to the default.

Already bugged it but heck it's fun to share videos (and this one got me the first achievement).

That holy name and holy personality should never be ruined by a false name. There is the explanation. SMILEY

Old 09-08-2011, 07:27 PM   #50
Gaftep
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Blind Guardians

Loremaster

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

New Video - Qhohatesbugs

That holy name and holy personality should never be ruined by a false name. There is the explanation.

The Coldain Butler is exactly the same, and he is allowed to be named. Pets that aren't allowed to be named, such as the Chokemon pets, dont even let you attemp to name them with the same window.

Old 10-13-2011, 12:31 AM   #51
Celestial Knight

Loremaster

Here's one I made the other day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f25Re6y1v7Y

Celestial Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:40 PM   #52
Ilovecows
Guild: The Catalyst

Loremaster

All right... i'm gonna post my eq2 video up. 

well... here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJiWj6Y9i8A

I AM ILOVECOWS! REMEMBER THAT BECAUSE I LOVE COWS. YOU SHOULD LOVE THEM TOO. COWS ARE AMAZING AND I DON'T SEE HOW ANYONE COULD POSSIBLY SAY THAT THEY AREN'T AMAZING. JUST LOOK AT THEIR NATURAL BEAUTY AND GRACE. THE AMAZINGNESS OF THESE ANIMALS ASTOUNDS ME EVERY TIME THAT I SEE THEM. DON'T HATE ON ME FOR THIS, BUT IF YOU DO NOT LOVE COWS, YOU ARE NOT A REAL PERSON.
Ilovecows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:37 PM   #53
Pixiewrath

Loremaster

I created a trailer today using clips from all of the overland zones, and combined those with the music from the movie Pan's Labyrinth.This is the result. I hope you like it!(I had a lot more footage but sadly I could not use all of it due to the short length of the song.)

Old 10-27-2011, 12:52 AM   #54
Chakoty

Loremaster

didnt know u can make video ingame now how do you do it?

Chakoty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:21 AM   #55
Pixiewrath

Loremaster

If I recall correctly you press CTRL + Y or Alt + Y to bring the tool up, or you can simply press CTRL + Printscreen to start/stop recording directly without using the tool.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:27 PM   #56
Mican

Loremaster

Rothgar wrote:

I finally decided to give this a try. What I actually did though was take a short series of videos and edit them together rather then use the in-game upload feature. Anyway, here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2LN...567AUAAAAAAAAAA

*Edit: the link didn't seem to work once posted. Strange.

Mican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:36 PM   #57
Ceebia

Lord

SOEMote videos

I been making alot of them just so folks can see what SOEmote is capable of for various races.  Current ones are as follows.

As you can see I still need to work on Half-Elf, Fae, Arasi, and Ratonga.  Those should be released sometime tommorow, or with in this week.

Ceebia is offline   Reply With Quote