EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #1
Tayne

Loremaster

We were just joking around in 1-9 on Freeport about the possibility of SOEmote being taken a bit further and extending it to a Wii-remote type application where you had to move around to adventure and thought how incredibly awesome would that be?

It would certainly  make your morning workouts a bit more lively and the possibility of different moves would be hilarious/interesting.

A monk toon would have to do roundhouse kicks to fight. A necro would use a sock puppet on his or her hand for a pet ... a fury would have to raise their hands up over their heads over and over again to get ring of fire going, etc ...

Imagine a four hour raid .... we'd be a thinner more active MMO playerbase that's for sure SMILEY

Can you think of more moves?

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes
Tayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:10 PM   #2
ttobey

Developer

I'm working on making it so you have to flap your arms to use your flying mount.

Sr. Animator

EverQuest 2

ttobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:11 PM   #3
Koleg
Server: Unrest_old

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

Imagine a four hour raid .... we'd be a thinner more active MMO playerbase that's for sure

If we all were running around for 4+ hours a night for a few evenings a week and we all trimmed down and bacame hard bodies, then we'd all be out looking for other raiders in RL rather than raiding.  It would kill the server populations, but might put a few smiles on some faces depending on which zones they wanted to Duo. 

Koleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #4
Boethius_Permafrost

Loremaster

They could team up with Neil Stephenson and CLANG, but it'd be a different game.  Plus how do you incorporate magic into a semi-realistic combat system?

Boethius_Permafrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:34 PM   #5
Tayne

Loremaster

ttobey wrote:

I'm working on making it so you have to flap your arms to use your flying mount.

Oh gawd .. flapping from Thurga harbour to Withered Lands would give me Michelle Obama's famous arms for sure! SMILEY

Old 08-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #6
BeeJay

Loremaster

This could be closer than you think, the Kinnect for Widows hardware is already on sale (£199 Stering) in the UK, I would assume USD price to be roughly the same, but there's an interesting snippet of some side development by Microsoft UK.

Also there are large number articles over at microsoft.com, just search for kinect for windows.

A kinect powered mmo would be something both wierd and wonderful. An AAA mmo with full kinect support would definately get my attention, unfortunately I can't SOE rising to the challenge.

BeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:36 PM   #7
Tayne

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

They could team up with Neil Stephenson and CLANG, but it'd be a different game.  Plus how do you incorporate magic into a semi-realistic combat system?

Get a wii-wand ... or for kinect depending on how you swipe (up down or left right) you get a different spell .. a constant circular motion would give you yet another spell-set .. SMILEY

Wizard "hat" on top of your head could make you use your head and neck for another set of spells.

Hrm, let's think of all the different spell lines and how a physical move would correspond with it .. lol, this could be fun SMILEY

Old 08-14-2012, 03:39 PM   #8
Tayne

Loremaster

Could use the dance pad from dance dance revolution to represent your spell hotbar?

Old 08-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #9
Wingrider01

Loremaster

ttobey wrote:

ok I got to add it -

Man I just flew in from Qeynos and boy are my arms tired.....

to good to pass up for the old comic routine schtick

Yes Jim, the user has experienced the dreaded PICNIC error

Wingrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:03 PM   #10
yohann koldheart

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

A monk toon would have to do roundhouse kicks to fight. A necro would use a sock puppet on his or her hand for a pet ... a fury would have to raise their hands up over their heads over and over again to get ring of fire going, etc ...

Imagine a four hour raid 

Can you think of more moves?

it would be funny watching the youtube videos that people would post, imagine seeing some fat kid standing infront of his huge flat screen trying to do kicks and stuff on his raid lol

yohann koldheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:21 PM   #11
Bipolar

Loremaster

Kotter does 100 situps a day. sup?

Old 08-14-2012, 05:56 PM   #12
Neiloch

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Kotter does 100 situps a day. sup?

If you count the pics there are about 5 or 6 incredibly hilarious things about that post that are very embarrassing for you.

Some sort of kinect system would be awesome I think, but mostly for 'roleplay' purposes like SoEmote.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:05 PM   #13
Seiffil
Server: Permafrost
Guild: Grievance

Loremaster

I'll just say this, it's all fun and games, until some ranger accidently shoots something through his monitor SMILEY

Seiffil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:33 PM   #14
SisterTheresa

The Vigilant

Meh most of the games out now they can't even get it to register right.

And my knees would kill me the amount of times I duck behind my shield for Defensive Stance stuff ... ow.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:18 AM   #15
Tayne

Loremaster

lol ok because I think this is so much fun to think about .. what movement would you guys say would correspond to a spell like Manaburn?

Spinning in a circle? (nope, no good, player would be dizzy as heck afterwards)

OOOH! How about double arms in circle, like a summoner pulling up a pet .. oh wait, you'd need that motion for summoners.

Hrm, I'm stumped. Any ideas?

Old 08-15-2012, 11:57 AM   #16
Zergosch

Loremaster

You can control most games via kinect and a software, which is already to download for free.

Someone already controlled a other mmorpg, as i think you know which one ^^ 

Just google, its funny to watch.

If i got some time and some cash to play with, would be funny as hell well..... at least out of raids ^^

For the first animation... how about firing a Arrow (and i do mean a single one, not just turning on rangeattack ^^)

Zergosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:13 PM   #17
General_Info

Lord

ttobey wrote:

A system like this i think would be popular in a naruto game. the diffculty wouldn't be in using the controls but leaning the handsigns and forming them quickly.

Still i prefer the old systems where you could sit back and relax and expend the least amount of energy possible while playing a game.

Old 08-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #18
Gilasil

Loremaster

Cool idea.

Although my wife would be calling 911 after a big fight, thinking I was having a seizure.

Gilasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:53 PM   #19
Tayne

Loremaster

Gilasil wrote:

Cool idea.

Although my wife would be calling 911 after a big fight, thinking I was having a seizure.

Hahahaha SMILEY I think a lot of our loved ones would become most concerned if they walked in an witnessed us twisting and contorting to get off that perfect attack. Hehe.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:12 PM   #20
Khornan

Lord

I'll be honest, I would love this, and I would play this.. all the time. Though it would be tough to get a crowd for this, and to develop it in the first place, having a motion controllable MMO would be sweet, and having it be EverQuest or EverQuest II would be even better. I guess we can HOPE for EQ:Next and Kinect?

Old 08-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #21
deadcrickets2

Loremaster

Why not start up a Kickstarter project to develop this?  Get the community involved in programming it and place it under something like the BSD license?

Am also on Playxpert.

If I have time I'll even answer tech questions.

deadcrickets2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:13 AM   #22
Ceebia

Lord

All I can think is if they ever do VR suits, can we say hello Lawnmower Man of EverQuest?

Ceebia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:40 PM   #23
Tayne

Loremaster

Would be cool if they had a helmet you put on and saw the game right in front of you that way ... but I suppose a giant tv and some awkward grunting and jumping would be fun, too. SMILEY

And yes, youtube videos of this would be all kinds of awesome.

Ok, wards for shamans .. how would it work? Hands together over your head and cascading down to your legs? Over and over?

Old 08-23-2012, 04:49 PM   #24
TorrynWoodsrunner

Fansite Staff

So as a Ranger, I'd just have to fall down a lot?

TorrynWoodsrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:27 AM   #25
Gadfly299

Lord

Spell casting would need to use hand, arm and voice for each spell.

It would be a yoga masters nightmare to learn...  I got it, types of matial arts Kata's.  The motions and vocal addons for each spell would work.

As to flapping my arms to fly?  No, I will walk in that case.  Shoulders are in bad enough shape as is.

Gadfly299 is offline   Reply With Quote