EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Look and Feel
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-19-2008, 01:01 PM   #1
Galldora

Loremaster

The guild hall music is starting to make me nuts.  Is it possible to permanently change a music file? 
Old 10-19-2008, 01:28 PM   #2
Xalmat

EQ2Achieve.com

Believe it or not, yes. Here's what you do.In your EverQuest II folder (typically located in "C:Program FilesSonyEverQuest II" ) create a sub-folder named "custom_music" (minus the quotes)Inside of the custom_music folder, create another subfolder named "zones"(minus the quotes), and another inside of that called "Guildhalls".Finally, inside the Guildhalls folder, put a copy of the custom music you want (MP3 format), and rename the file to either "FREEPORT_GUILDHALL.mp3" or "QEYNOS_GUILDHALL.mp3", depending on which one you want to replace.Voila. You may have to shut down EQ2 completely for this to take effect.The same process can be repeated for replacing any other music file with a custom one, as well.And should you ever decide you want the original music back, simply delete the file within the "custom_music" folder, and it will restore it to the original version. Actually the original version is never lost in the first place, this just simply forces the game to ignore the original if a custom is available.

Sess, Conjuror of PermafrostCyanide, Berserker of Permafrost
Xalmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:48 PM   #3
Galldora

Loremaster

Thanks!  I will give this a try.Edited to say:  IT WORKED!! Thanks for your detailed/clear instructions.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:05 PM   #4
StormCinder

Loremaster

I need to give this a try.  I had tried changing out combat music before, but found the patcher kept over-writing as I was just putting the track into the default folder.  I assume the same system would work with the other zone music?
SC

cur·mudg·eon (kr-mjn)

n.

An ill-tempered person full of resentment and stubborn notions.
StormCinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 02:26 AM   #5
Owlsight

Loremaster

Ok...so how about appartment music. What folder/file name do you use. I've seen the Freeport and Qeynos appartment mp3s in default folder, just not sure what folder/file names are required when putting it in custom music folder. Thnx.

Owlsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 05:14 PM   #6
Lethe5683

Loremaster

Owlsight wrote:

Ok...so how about appartment music. What folder/file name do you use. I've seen the Freeport and Qeynos appartment mp3s in default folder, just not sure what folder/file names are required when putting it in custom music folder. Thnx.

Mirror the regular.

Lethe5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:30 PM   #7
Owlsight

Loremaster

Ok - thnx,

that worked for my freeport and qeynos appartments. But my neriak ones are unchanged. Any ideas for neriak appts? thnx

Owlsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:15 PM   #8
Transen

Loremaster

As far as I know, Neriak and Gorowyn homes share the same music as the towns they reside in so you would have to change the towns' music to change that of your dwelling in those two cities.

Old 03-21-2009, 06:50 PM   #9
Ol
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Elusive

General

Is there a way to do it with files from a music player like Itunes?

Old 03-23-2009, 03:53 AM   #10
Dreyco

Archive of Ik

[email protected] wrote:

Is there a way to do it with files from a music player like Itunes?

ITunes uses Mp4 format for its music (for lord knows what reason, it's Apple afterall).

To get it to work, you'd have to burn the track to CD, Rip it as an Mp3, and then put it in the custom music folder.  There might also be an MP3 Converter somewhere for MP4 files.  I've never seen one though.

Grand Historian of The Archive of Ik
Dreyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:28 PM   #11
ElsaRat

Loremaster

Thank you so much. The Qeynos guild hall music was driving me bonkers. I like music having the music on in general and I was reduced to repeatedly going through preferences to turn it off and on again; this is much better. A pity, and I'm sad to admit Freeport guilds have much more tolerable music than we do.

Old 10-15-2009, 08:23 AM   #12
Qandor

Loremaster

ElsaRat wrote:

Thank you so much. The Qeynos guild hall music was driving me bonkers. I like music having the music on in general and I was reduced to repeatedly going through preferences to turn it off and on again; this is much better. A pity, and I'm sad to admit Freeport guilds have much more tolerable music than we do.

Not really - lol. Freeport guildhall music was driving me nuts and had to change it. I think any music can get tiresome if you have to hear it over and over again esapecially since the tracks are fairly short.

We need a tinkered gnomish guild hall juke box. Would be good money sink too.

Qandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:09 PM   #13
slave2mywerk

Loremaster

Xalmat wrote:

Believe it or not, yes. Here's what you do.In your EverQuest II folder (typically located in "C:Program FilesSonyEverQuest II" ) create a sub-folder named "custom_music" (minus the quotes)Inside of the custom_music folder, create another subfolder named "zones"(minus the quotes), and another inside of that called "Guildhalls".Finally, inside the Guildhalls folder, put a copy of the custom music you want (MP3 format), and rename the file to either "FREEPORT_GUILDHALL.mp3" or "QEYNOS_GUILDHALL.mp3", depending on which one you want to replace.Voila. You may have to shut down EQ2 completely for this to take effect.The same process can be repeated for replacing any other music file with a custom one, as well.And should you ever decide you want the original music back, simply delete the file within the "custom_music" folder, and it will restore it to the original version. Actually the original version is never lost in the first place, this just simply forces the game to ignore the original if a custom is available.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had done this in the past and it worked great! I had all my combat music customized. I bought a new computer a while back, and decided to customize my music again. Since the addition of the new "adaptive" (not 100% sure that's what it's called) music, it doesnt seem to be working.

Is there a different way it needs to be done now, or am I just not able to exchange those files anymore? I've tried replacing several different looking file names/types but none of them seem to be working. Ex. battle_high001_nonadap.mp3  &  Combat_Attack-Drm_Flt Stab 23s.mp3  &  commonlandsbattle.mp3

slave2mywerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:58 PM   #14
Xalmat

EQ2Achieve.com

To get custom combat music, you have to disable the Adaptive Combat Music.

Options -> Sound -> General -> "Adaptive combat music" -> uncheck that.

Sess, Conjuror of PermafrostCyanide, Berserker of Permafrost
Xalmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:32 PM   #15
Rhak
Server: Guk
Guild: Order of the Fox

General

Where is the music located for the Music Boxes you can collect for your homes (X music box)? I poked around in the Music folder and came up empty. Or are those embedded into the game code itself because those are just .midi files from EQ1?

The Edge of Forever Bar and Grill - 2 Lucie Street, South Qeynos, Guk Server

Rhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:29 PM   #16
Lera

Loremaster

The music boxes, along with many of the other sound effects (like the ding sound and the HQ complete fanfare) can be played with /playsound. Type the command by itself to get a list of sounds.

I recommend /playsound music_frostfell.

Old 08-20-2010, 05:52 AM   #17
Althena532

Loremaster

Well I've seen how to change music in towns, cities, and appartments but I haven't seen how to do it for an actual manor house. Could somebody please tell me if it's possible and if so how?

Old 10-05-2010, 05:57 AM   #18
Nakaru-Nitepaw

Loremaster

I did something similar to this once to change the lavastorm music back when it used to be the combat music as well. I could never tell if i was in combat or not back then lol. So i changed it to the EQ1 lavastorm music.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:12 PM   #19
Dramira
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster

oo thank you for this. im going to try it. i always mute the music and have media player running in the background, hehe

Dramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:38 PM   #20
Therendil

Loremaster

We talked about that over in this thread here. The specific case there was the Repaired Piano that is the prize for the Piano Keys collection quest. If the music box plays a random piece of music, I'm not sure if it would follow the rules for alternate zone music.

There may be music embedded in the game code. I don't think so, but I can't be sure. I do know that remixes of a lot of EQ1 music is in the XMI folder. You used to able to download a free player from Miles Sound Systems that let you listen to these, but I can't find it online anymore. I'm glad I still had a copy tucked away.

-= Therendil =-

Therendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:17 AM   #21
feldon30

Fansite Staff

Actually, those *.XMI files can just be renamed *.MID and played in any player that can play MIDI files including Winamp.
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:35 AM   #22
Therendil

Loremaster

Can they? Didn't work for me when I last tried. Timings/tempos were all screwed up. But that was a while back, so I'll have a another run at it to confirm.

-= Therendil =-

Therendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:32 AM   #23
Nynaeve

Loremaster

SOE should introduce the option to change the standard music in houses - the owner should be able to select a music that starts playing the moment somebody enters the house - not after he located some piano or magic snowball thing.

Music sets the mood of a home, even guest should hear the music that the owner selected right from the moment they enter the house. Switching around files in Windows7 wont change the music of my guests, and the piano etc stuff is nice to have but wont play until the guest turns it on.

The house music should be selectable from a slot when you click at the door options. You could get new music pieces for your home from faction merchants in various locations of Norrath. It works like this in Lotro (although the rest of Lotro housing is complete [email protected]).

The music in my house in Neriak and Freeport really freaks me out!

Nynaeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #24
Cleitanious

Loremaster

The new streaming version of the game doesnt include a Music folder. Is there anywhere I can find a list of the music file names?

Old 06-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #25
Ceebia

Lord

Shame this is only local, I wouldn't mind having others hear Japanese folk music for my Gorowyn guild hall when they enter.

Ceebia is offline   Reply With Quote