EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Look and Feel
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-14-2012, 02:08 PM   #1
Seidhkona

Loremaster

Aye, my fine artists, ye came through beautifully with our kilts, and I've hoisted an ale or twelve to ye for that.  But today I espied a fashionable breastplate that just begs to be designed to match the kilts we have now!

In the new lands, I found these wee Combine soldiers, and that fancy swathe of cloth over the shoulder puts me in mind o' the Old Halasian Great Kilts, where the parts ye dinna need to cover yer middle went up o'er the shoulder and served as a cloak.

I'd purchase matching breastplates and cloaks with the plaids ye've already gotten for us!

Old 06-10-2012, 03:31 PM   #2
Pumancat

Loremaster

2 thumbs up! Would love to see my zerker look like a true highlander. And where are the sporrans? They're on the icons, but not the real models.

Angren Mc'Dhai - AB server

Pumancat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #3
Ceebia

Lord

I wouldn't call the Combine Solider one related to it, as there are more then just barbarians wearing it.  From what I have seen it's more being done in line with the reason alot of old Roman soldiers wore cloaks.   Something to use like a blanket or some such when they stopped to eat or sleep while on the march.  Also the basic look doesn't feel Halasian to me.

Ceebia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:47 PM   #4
Seidhkona

Loremaster

Ceebia wrote:

I wouldn't call the Combine Solider one related to it, as there are more then just barbarians wearing it.  From what I have seen it's more being done in line with the reason alot of old Roman soldiers wore cloaks.   Something to use like a blanket or some such when they stopped to eat or sleep while on the march.  Also the basic look doesn't feel Halasian to me.

Aye, the wee Combine soldiers aren't wearing Halasian gear atall. What I am saying is that, if ye make one similarto this in plaids matching the existing kilts, plus plaid cloaks matching the existing kilts, why I'd have to go straight away and buy me some for my wardrobe.