EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-18-2010, 07:40 PM   #1
vexation

Loremaster

Happened to me 4 times today as I was setting up the UI for different toons. Seemed to be reproducable by doing a /loadui - picking blue - which then wiped all my hotbar settings - so then /load_uisettings - load my character ui - then right click maintained spells and hide text. Wasn't 100% reproducable but did it more often than not.

I wasn't particularly surprised then when I grouped with some guildies, they zoned in to instance on toons they hadn't played since the new GU.. they also tried to hide the text and 2 of them crashed. They said it'd happened on their other toons aswell.

If others have or are experiencing the same thing.. please post!

vexation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:49 PM   #2
Druisagoldengod

Loremaster

Holy crap yeah, on my particular system the client crashes and the whole rig freezes. Big time bug. A
Druisagoldengod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:16 PM   #3
isest

Loremaster

Yes and it done it 2 and 3 times on each of my toons, OK I spent 4 hours today trying to sort this mess and Im not a happy camper about it all.

isest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:24 PM   #4
Rothgar

Developer

Are you using the Default UI when this happens?

Rothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:27 PM   #5
Druisagoldengod

Loremaster

Update: I wasn't even right clicking this time around and had a crash. Very interesting. However, no I use Profit. More info to add is that several of my fellow players who updated profit are not experiencing crashes. Go figure. I'll mess around a bit more to see if I can localize the problem. I'll try reverting to the default UI. A
Old 08-18-2010, 08:28 PM   #6
Xal

General

Happens with the default UI blue theme). A lot.

Also you might want to check out the icons. If you have text enabled and have enough buffs to fill a second column, the last icon in the first one will become far too large (the existing image will be stretched, the text vanished).

Another thought on the matter: Add an option to display text only for the buffs where it makes sense. I like knowing how many points remain on my ward. Don't need to have the information that i've cast see invisible on every group member fill up half my screen.

Xal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:31 PM   #7
isest

Loremaster

Yes this was happnening before I tired to use the defualt blue ui, and after I used it.  It done it on all 3 of our comps here at the house.

The wifes computer it only did it once per toon using the red ui.   She has since admonished me and I have put the blue ui on her comp.

The blue ui would not save. Each time I logged out of game it defaulted back to the red ui.   Well I got around that by copying over the default ui into my eq2 maps library.

good nows is now I got all my stuff set up.  I happy with what i have now. 

Old 08-18-2010, 08:34 PM   #8
Druisagoldengod

Loremaster

Still doesn't explain why only a portion are experiencing the crashes. What OS are you all using? I unfortunately am using WinXP64bit. This, I imagine is the source for a lot of issues I have. Blood pressure included. A
Old 08-18-2010, 08:39 PM   #9
Druisagoldengod

Loremaster

Still crashed, without even messing with the UI =( The search continues. A
Old 08-18-2010, 08:50 PM   #10
Druisagoldengod

Loremaster

Updating vc drivers... crosses fingers... A Also checking out event logger to see if I can't glean anything...
Old 08-18-2010, 08:52 PM   #11
isest

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Still doesn't explain why only a portion are experiencing the crashes. What OS are you all using? I unfortunately am using WinXP64bit. This, I imagine is the source for a lot of issues I have. Blood pressure included. A

I use windows 7 ultimate 64 bit on this comp, my wifes comp uses 32 bit vista, and the laptop uses xp.

So that kind of rules out what version of windows is causing the problem.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:55 PM   #12
Kreton

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Also you might want to check out the icons. If you have text enabled and have enough buffs to fill a second column, the last icon in the first one will become far too large (the existing image will be stretched, the text vanished).

I'm not getting crashes but I noticed this on the default UI (red).  The 19th buff in maintained becomes SUPER STRETCHED for me.  It happens regardless if I display text or not, it's just when I don't display text, I only see a portion of the super stretched icon.  I haven't noticed it on any other spot but the 19th buff for w/e reason.

Kreton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:29 PM   #13
Druisagoldengod

Loremaster

No dice, still crashing. A
Old 08-18-2010, 09:47 PM   #14
Druisagoldengod

Loremaster

Stress tested my vid card... apparently crash caused by UI worked in tandem with dying vid card. Faults on me under stress. Must have been coincidence that it finally crapped out on me on release. This I believe is what is causing my rig to freeze. A
Old 08-18-2010, 10:14 PM   #15
Kreton

Loremaster

Kreton wrote:

I'm not getting crashes but I noticed this on the default UI (red).  The 19th buff in maintained becomes SUPER STRETCHED for me.  It happens regardless if I display text or not, it's just when I don't display text, I only see a portion of the super stretched icon.  I haven't noticed it on any other spot but the 19th buff for w/e reason.

Ok so I did a little investigating and it appears there is a typo in the default maintained xml for the 19th buff. 

should be

ScrollExtent="25,25" Size="25,25" Visible="false" />

The difference bolded out.  I think that's why I'm seeing a super stretched icon for only the 19th buff on the maintained window.

Kreton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:55 AM   #16
vexation

Loremaster

Rothgar wrote:

Are you using the Default UI when this happens?

Only mods I have installed are eq2maps.. pretty sure it's happend with the red UI too but the first thing I've been doing is changing to the blue UI so I'm not 100% sure.

Is happening on at least 3 computers that I have access to, all of which have Windows 7 x64 and some form of nVidia graphics card. Windows 7 x64, nVidia GeForce GT220, driver version 8.17.11.9745

As it was happening to other people in the guild hall (that also do not use profit etc) I'm wondering whether I might be better off just taking a UI wipe and starting fresh..... /shudder

vexation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:02 AM   #17
Banditman

Loremaster

This happens to me if I try to do a "Hide Text" before the zone is completely loaded.

So, it draws my UI and I can get that menu right before the zone is completely loaded.  I can right click, hide text and crash EQ2.

If I wait a few seconds for the zone to completely load, it doesn't crash.

Old 08-20-2010, 05:10 PM   #18
DxPreist1

Loremaster

Yup seems to be a mixed bag here.

My system handles it fine (High end newer rig, Piecework UI addons[ Drums maintained, Razc Autoattack bar, EQ2MAPS, ect], mostly default though)

My wifes older system (XP 2gb ram, 3ghz AMD, entirely Default UI + EQ2MAPS) = instant client dump.

All the same Anti-virus/spyware/Firewall and network setup.