EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2009, 05:43 PM   #331
Gaige

Loremaster
Gaige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,500
Default

Thunndar316 wrote:

I'm willing to bet that there are guilds selling this plat for cash.  Not accusing anyone here in paticular but you like to brag about how much of that plat you already have yet there is nothing to buy.  Interesting.

So you're throwing out this assumption with no basis why?

I have tons of plat because of our guild split.  The amount of stuff to use plat on in this game is miniscule.  I buy all my poisions, potions, adorns, arrows and stuff and the plat just piles up.  I can't spend it fast enough.

If I played alts it wouldn't be as bad since I could buy loot for the alt, but I'm a one toon kind of guy.

I don't sell my plat for rl cash because I don't feel the risk of losing my character I've spent 5 years working on is worth the minimal reward since I'm not that broke irl.

__________________
Gaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:49 PM   #332
Oh

General
Oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,516
Default

Gage wrote:

Grumble69 wrote:

You're missing Artemiz's point.  If they had intended for it to be sold, it wouldn't have been no trade to begin with.  There is very little difference between auctioning it in a chat channel or putting it up on a broker.  ...except mainly you have to travel to get it.

Or I take SOE at face value and assume that no-trade means it isn't meant to be traded after looted/equipped.

Can't wait till they fix "no trade" so that you had to be in the group to even loot it, so that you can't sell off various no-trade flaged items.. Don't believe me, well take a look at the direction they are going with fixing crafting of shard gear, doing grey shard runs.. Yea the writing is on the wall.

__________________
Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:50 PM   #333
Grumble69

Loremaster
Grumble69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,257
Default

Gage,

You keep saying that there is "no risk" involved.  And that's simply not true.  Most of the missions involve kills and they are not trivial, especially the named.  They are very much on par with the new solo quest.  You keep getting hung up over the fact that the mob is grey & L50.  But these are not normal mobs.

The only missions that are "no risk" are the ones where you zone in and touch something.   I wouldn't object if they were tweaked.

Grumble69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:50 PM   #334
Gaige

Loremaster
Gaige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,500
Default

Ohiv wrote:

Can't wait till they fix "no trade" so that you had to be in the group to even loot it, so that you can't sell off various no-trade flaged items.. Don't believe me, well take a look at the direction they are going with fixing crafting of shard gear, doing grey shard runs.. Yea the writing is on the wall.

That will hurt way more people than it will help, but like I said I'm fine if they do it.

Just means if you have to sit out of the raid, no loot for you.  If you go LD mid-fight and then the mob dies, no loot for you.

Etc etc.

That change would be hard on SOE and their GMs.

__________________
Gaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:52 PM   #335
Gaige

Loremaster
Gaige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,500
Default

Grumble69 wrote:

Gage,

You keep saying that there is "no risk" involved.  And that's simply not true.  Most of the missions involve kills and they are not trivial, especially the named.  They are very much on par with the new solo quest.  You keep getting hung up over the fact that the mob is grey & L50.  But these are not normal mobs.

The only missions that are "no risk" are the ones where you zone in and touch something.   I wouldn't object if they were tweaked.

Considering I can solo lvl 50 raid mobs, I'll continue to assume that being 30 levels higher than a mob, even if its heroic, constitutes no risk.

If it wasn't trivial, people wouldn't do it.

__________________
Gaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:55 PM   #336
Oh

General
Oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,516
Default

Gage wrote:

Ohiv wrote:

Can't wait till they fix "no trade" so that you had to be in the group to even loot it, so that you can't sell off various no-trade flaged items.. Don't believe me, well take a look at the direction they are going with fixing crafting of shard gear, doing grey shard runs.. Yea the writing is on the wall.

That will hurt way more people than it will help, but like I said I'm fine if they do it.

Just means if you have to sit out of the raid, no loot for you.  If you go LD mid-fight and then the mob dies, no loot for you.

Etc etc.

That change would be hard on SOE and their GMs.

I seriously doubt it will be "hard" on SoE or their GM's. Yea maybe LD type issues they might have to resolve, but other then that it's sorry charley your out of luck.

__________________
Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:56 PM   #337
Wurm

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,003
Default

Gage wrote:

Grumble69 wrote:

Gage,

You keep saying that there is "no risk" involved.  And that's simply not true.  Most of the missions involve kills and they are not trivial, especially the named.  They are very much on par with the new solo quest.  You keep getting hung up over the fact that the mob is grey & L50.  But these are not normal mobs.

The only missions that are "no risk" are the ones where you zone in and touch something.   I wouldn't object if they were tweaked.

Considering I can solo lvl 50 raid mobs, I'll continue to assume that being 30 levels higher than a mob, even if its heroic, constitutes no risk.

If it wasn't trivial, people wouldn't do it.

You have been so long on the other side of the fence you no longer have a clue about the other side. A bunch of the greyed out lvl 50 named are hard as hell to solo with "normal" level 80 gear (including T1).

And if all the raiders have so much plat that they no longer know what to do with it... why do they sell BOP drops?

__________________
Wurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:58 PM   #338
Oh

General
Oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,516
Default

Gage wrote:

Grumble69 wrote:

Gage,

You keep saying that there is "no risk" involved.  And that's simply not true.  Most of the missions involve kills and they are not trivial, especially the named.  They are very much on par with the new solo quest.  You keep getting hung up over the fact that the mob is grey & L50.  But these are not normal mobs.

The only missions that are "no risk" are the ones where you zone in and touch something.   I wouldn't object if they were tweaked.

Considering I can solo lvl 50 raid mobs, I'll continue to assume that being 30 levels higher than a mob, even if its heroic, constitutes no risk.

If it wasn't trivial, people wouldn't do it.

Look, I don't agree with them (SoE) wanting to disable mentoring missions, I mean really they knew it would happen when they released the expansion, BUT as gage pointed out, really it's not hard as a level 80 to solo grey mobs there really is very little to no risk involved at all.

/sigh can't believe i've actually agreed with gage

__________________
Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:59 PM   #339
Siniro
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Onyx
Rank: Members

Lord
Siniro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3
Default

If they are going to take away the ability for us to complete shard quests in gray instances, they should take away the ability for brawler/ fd spec'd classes to farm shard chests. There are plenty i know that are able to kill the key mob and loot the plat and shards out of the chest in the zone easily. The rest of us are at a real disadvantage without gray instances if other classes are able to continue to access shards without completing a regular instance.

Siniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:00 PM   #340
Thunndar316

Loremaster
Thunndar316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,681
Default

Gage wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

To me there is no difference in being able to lock a chest,  let someone into the raid thats not even in the zone let alone was there for the kill.....then assign them the item  than someone greying out a zone...then unmentoring to make it 'easy'.

Again, I'd agree if we were able to sell lvl 80 raid loot we received in a lvl 50 mentored raid zone.

Are you really trying to justify this garbage?  You are dead wrong and you know it.  Trying to worm your way around it so it benefits your point of view only makes you look like a hypocrite.

Here is the big difference.  YOU are selling loot rights to items that were never intended to be sold.  Thus you are exploiting the No Trade tag by selling the rights to actually loot the item instead of just selling the item after it is looted.

The people running grey shards are doing so only to improve their own toons.  They are not selling anything or hurting anyone.  What you are doing is 10 times worse than greying out shards. 

The hardcore preach on and on about progression, and putting in the effort to earn the gear.  Then they turn around and sell loot rights to the same people they look down upon for not being able to do the content.  Hypocrites.

__________________


Sleight of Hand is USELESS
Thunndar316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:01 PM   #341
Lolianna

Loremaster
Lolianna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 212
Default

They really need to fix game mechanics so tanks can create and maintain their own aggro and are not entirely dependent on a few specific classes in order to stand a chance in the new zones, or, add more than one solo shard quest before they fix this. I, personally, will be thinking long and hard about why I give my 60 dollars a month to SoE for this game.

The game is saturated with outstanding bugs, overpowered gear and classes, and nothing is ever done about it. You want to fix something? Tanks were put into this expansion half-baked. In beta they were told they would be fixed in 2 phases. Five months later and nothing has been done on phase 2. Everyone knows that hate transfer is overpowered. But, wait, those classes go nuts because.. what??!! I won't be able to go b***s to the walls and transfer 60% of my hate? I might have to stop and hit a de-aggro button? What a waste of time, when I could be mashing another dps button! Oh my, my class will be ruined.

In the meantime, summoners, mages and rangers are on the back burner for groups. Their hopes for a spot in groups dashed when the fighter re-vamp was rescinded. So, here we sit, pushing that LFG macro every 10 minutes and hoping you get chosen over the three other rangers who are also LFG. But, instead of working on fixing the problems for tanks and hate transfer, they are spending time working on a code to 'fix' the one thing keeping a lot of us hanging in there.

Fix mechanics so all classes are wanted for groups. Add some more solo shard zones for those nites that it looks like every ranger on the server is currently LFG.

 I've been playing since this game came out and spent 5 years on EQ1. I never thought I'd be bored with this game, but, I am. When guild halls came out, I thought, "cool, something new for me to work toward". I started my own lil guild 2 weeks after the halls came out and I am currently in a t2 hall. Awesome, I made it. Now, let's decorate it. It's coming along great, but, once the hall is decorated, then what? So, I slowed that process down to 1 or 2 nites a week. Another couple of nites I will box an alt and go find grey quests and named in all those old zones like peat bog, Antonica, TS, Nek, CL, wailing caves, blah blah, /snoooze. But, I must get the AA somehow.

What else to do? Well, I've crafted and the alts are full and selling; I am tired of decorating my hall and boxing an alt through t2 and t3 zones; and no-one accepts my tells when looking for DPS. So, I go do a few grey zones for shards. It's not like I'm in a race to even get t1 gear, much less t2. It is something to do. If they take it out, they need to replace it with some other content that people can do on their own. Shoot, I've already completed all the new collection quests, including red shinies and 80% of the quests in Lava. One more day there and they will all be complete, except maybe finding a PUG raid for the new x2 zone.

I am talking about content. Good, repeatable, soloable, reasonable, content that rewards you with a shard so you can develop your character. Not just one, 30 minute, daily zone.

I only ask this because it does not look like the fighter revamp will make it in until the next expansion. With that in mind, there are many classes that just do not bring enough to the table to be wanted/needed in groups this expansion. You really did a dis-service to a lot of the dps community, while overpowering classes like the SK, Illy, Coercer, dirge, swash (who can tank, debuff, hate transfer and do some top dps) and Assassin. I'd like to see one expansion without FOTM classes. Just one; where everyone has a place and can play and enjoy the game as much as the next person.

However, if the game continues to be this broken and options are taken from the casual players without anything given to them in return, it will be time to finally move on. The boredom will overtake me.

Lolianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:05 PM   #342
Yimway

Loremaster
Yimway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,707
Default

Ohiv wrote:

Gage wrote:

I seriously doubt it will be "hard" on SoE or their GM's. Yea maybe LD type issues they might have to resolve, but other then that it's sorry charley your out of luck.

And all those nights more than 24 show up for a raid zone, those sitting outside no longer get to bid /roll on loot?  So if you have to sit, so sorry for you?

There are other conciderations involved in why the mechanic is what it is.

__________________
Yimway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:06 PM   #343
Wurm

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,003
Default

Thunndar316 wrote:

Gage wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

To me there is no difference in being able to lock a chest,  let someone into the raid thats not even in the zone let alone was there for the kill.....then assign them the item  than someone greying out a zone...then unmentoring to make it 'easy'.

Again, I'd agree if we were able to sell lvl 80 raid loot we received in a lvl 50 mentored raid zone.

Are you really trying to justify this garbage?  You are dead wrong and you know it.  Trying to worm your way around it so it benefits your point of view only makes you look like a hypocrite.

Here is the big difference.  YOU are selling loot rights to items that were never intended to be sold.  Thus you are exploiting the No Trade tag by selling the rights to actually loot the item instead of just selling the item after it is looted.

The people running grey shards are doing so only to improve their own toons.  They are not selling anything or hurting anyone.  What you are doing is 10 times worse than greying out shards. 

The hardcore preach on and on about progression, and putting in the effort to earn the gear.  Then they turn around and sell loot rights to the same people they look down upon for not being able to do the content.  Hypocrites.

Period. Point. Dot.

__________________
Wurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:06 PM   #344
Obadiah

Loremaster
Obadiah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,154
Default

Ohiv wrote:

Gage wrote:

Grumble69 wrote:

Gage,

You keep saying that there is "no risk" involved.  And that's simply not true.  Most of the missions involve kills and they are not trivial, especially the named.  They are very much on par with the new solo quest.  You keep getting hung up over the fact that the mob is grey & L50.  But these are not normal mobs.

The only missions that are "no risk" are the ones where you zone in and touch something.   I wouldn't object if they were tweaked.

Considering I can solo lvl 50 raid mobs, I'll continue to assume that being 30 levels higher than a mob, even if its heroic, constitutes no risk.

If it wasn't trivial, people wouldn't do it.

Look, I don't agree with them (SoE) wanting to disable mentoring missions, I mean really they knew it would happen when they released the expansion, BUT as gage pointed out, really it's not hard as a level 80 to solo grey mobs there really is very little to no risk involved at all.

/sigh can't believe i've actually agreed with gage

You'd think not, but take a level 80 in MC with no Masters and go fight the Steam Lord. Or Mordek in Nec Asylum. Or even Bonegrinder for some classes. I thought they did a good job with some making them difficult to solo.  Many are a lot harder than the named mobs for Prismatics, that's for sure.

__________________
Obadiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:07 PM   #345
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster
CoLD MeTaL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,217
Default

Ohiv wrote:

Can't wait till they fix "no trade" so that you had to be in the group to even loot it, so that you can't sell off various no-trade flaged items.. Don't believe me, well take a look at the direction they are going with fixing crafting of shard gear, doing grey shard runs.. Yea the writing is on the wall.

No, they will fix grey shard runs because that shafts the casual.  They WILL NEVER fix selling loot rights on 'NO-TRADE' because they won't shaft raiders.

__________________


CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:08 PM   #346
Oh

General
Oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,516
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Ohiv wrote:

Gage wrote:

I seriously doubt it will be "hard" on SoE or their GM's. Yea maybe LD type issues they might have to resolve, but other then that it's sorry charley your out of luck.

And all those nights more than 24 show up for a raid zone, those sitting outside no longer get to bid /roll on loot?  So if you have to sit, so sorry for you?

There are other conciderations involved in why the mechanic is what it is. 

Actually yea they would be SoL also. To ME it seems like SoE is trying to fix some of the outstanding loot issues that have been in the game for various lengths of time. It's not that I agree or desire these changes, it is just that it appears to be what they are doing. SO I am mentioning that it will mostlikely be happening. I do NOT work for SoE so obviously this is my opinion, but meh it seems logical.

__________________
Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:16 PM   #347
NamaeZero

Loremaster
NamaeZero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 242
Default

You have to admit this is pretty bizarre for SOE. They're declaring a mechanic that has existed (and been reported constantly) since Splitpaw Saga to be an exploit. They have said you will not be punished or penalized for exploiting this mechanic. They post this in a thread that more or less details exactly how to perform the exploit.

Would I be going out on a limb for positing that this is not the normal or correct channel for handling exploits? Exploits are dealt with via hotfixes without any warning, and exploited items are tracked down and removed. You rarely if ever get flat out told how an exploit was done, lest someone use that knowledge to cause future exploits.

What is happening here is more like how SOE handles nerfs that will affect a large part of the player base, only I hypothesize that using the word 'exploit' deflects the blame to the individual players and away from the developers that should have fixed this years ago if it was a problem.

NamaeZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:16 PM   #348
Thunndar316

Loremaster
Thunndar316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,681
Default

CoLD MeTaL wrote:

Ohiv wrote:

Can't wait till they fix "no trade" so that you had to be in the group to even loot it, so that you can't sell off various no-trade flaged items.. Don't believe me, well take a look at the direction they are going with fixing crafting of shard gear, doing grey shard runs.. Yea the writing is on the wall.

No, they will fix grey shard runs because that shafts the casual.  They WILL NEVER fix selling loot rights on 'NO-TRADE' because they won't shaft raiders.

Which is exactly why SOE is no longer the best name in MMO gaming.  They cater to a hardcore minority.   I have been saying this for years and they never listen. 

__________________


Sleight of Hand is USELESS
Thunndar316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:18 PM   #349
Grumble69

Loremaster
Grumble69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,257
Default

Gage wrote:

Grumble69 wrote:

Gage,

You keep saying that there is "no risk" involved.  And that's simply not true.  Most of the missions involve kills and they are not trivial, especially the named.  They are very much on par with the new solo quest.  You keep getting hung up over the fact that the mob is grey & L50.  But these are not normal mobs.

The only missions that are "no risk" are the ones where you zone in and touch something.   I wouldn't object if they were tweaked.

Considering I can solo lvl 50 raid mobs, I'll continue to assume that being 30 levels higher than a mob, even if its heroic, constitutes no risk.

If it wasn't trivial, people wouldn't do it.

Well, you just lost zero credibility with me.  It's obvious you don't know what you're talking about.  Yeah it's heroic, but it's more on par with L50 epic.  Like I said earlier, I got one shotted by a L50 version of the Shade of Miragul for 10K damage.  Show me another non-TSO heroic mob that can do that.  Most people can't do a L50 named mob except in the 3 easiest dungeons.

Grumble69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:20 PM   #350
Druisagoldengod

Loremaster
Druisagoldengod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 90
Default

Here, I am going to break this down for the folks at SoE. It is a throwback to Econ 101 so bear with me. If you do NOT make this change, you will be stuck with a handful of whiny, ticked off people of whom I doubt more than 1 or 2 will quit and no longer give you munies. If you DO make this change I personally know 6 people who will quit. Why would these hard working individuals decide to throw away up to nearly 5 years for? Various reasons; they no longer find TsO content and or the game in general fun, they don't have the time to collect enough shards to progress in their terms, the majority of players don't know that ` key is mapped to auto attack (aka PUGS are horrible), they are fed up with perceived mistakes made in the past, or mayhaps a combination of the above likely coupled with the fact that tab targeting is "working as intended". That of course, is no concern of SoE's, 6 accounts no longer paying munies is a drop in a bucket, small bucket mind you. Couple with that the fact that I am sure that more people will quit that I don't know; this is a likely case as I have the majority of my server on ignore. Another facet to the equation is the munies you pay your minions. Regardless of what they do, they need to be paid for they are minions and without their pay, they would be minions for Blizzard or not be minions at all in today's economy. It is a tough life for minions regardless. I digress; you COULD be paying them to work on this fix that will result in a net loss of munies what with the folks that quit because of it. Or, you COULD be paying them to fix something else like the shaman ward crashing! Or, you could devote a whole team to something that, while neat to look at, has no baring on game mechanics whatsoever like appearance slot gear... ... Oh wait... Another option is to fire excess minions, if there are any left, and save the munies to do something like advertise. Or take the munies, minions, and other resources away from this game to work on a new enterprise game while sucking every last penny out of this player base and keeping us minimally appeased so we can continue to pay you munies and still make a profit.... ... Oh wait... Bah I'm not even sure why I posted this, I sure wish that system you are devoting time, munies, and minions to so that we can voice our concerns and wants was finished. Too bad I cannot voice my concerns and wants on a board or something because that would make that new system rather superfluous... ... Oh wait... Ah cabbage patch kids I'm probably going to get banned for this.
Druisagoldengod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:21 PM   #351
Yimway

Loremaster
Yimway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,707
Default

Grumble69 wrote:

Well, you just lost zero credibility with me.  It's obvious you don't know what you're talking about.  Yeah it's heroic, but it's more on par with L50 epic.  Like I said earlier, I got one shotted by a L50 version of the Shade of Miragul for 10K damage.  Show me another non-TSO heroic mob that can do that.  Most people can't do a L50 named mob except in the 3 easiest dungeons.

Some of these nameds have a % health attack.  And it doesn't matter if its level 1 or level 100, if it hits for 90% health, it hits for 90% health.

__________________
Yimway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:23 PM   #352
Gaige

Loremaster
Gaige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,500
Default

Grumble69 wrote:

It's obvious you don't know what you're talking about.  Yeah it's heroic, but it's more on par with L50 epic.  Like I said earlier, I got one shotted by a L50 version of the Shade of Miragul for 10K damage.  Show me another non-TSO heroic mob that can do that.  Most people can't do a L50 named mob except in the 3 easiest dungeons.

I will never believe for a second that a mob THIRTY LEVELS LOWER than a player involves any risk what so ever.

__________________
Gaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:26 PM   #353
hellfire

Loremaster
hellfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 1,842
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Grumble69 wrote:

Well, you just lost zero credibility with me.  It's obvious you don't know what you're talking about.  Yeah it's heroic, but it's more on par with L50 epic.  Like I said earlier, I got one shotted by a L50 version of the Shade of Miragul for 10K damage.  Show me another non-TSO heroic mob that can do that.  Most people can't do a L50 named mob except in the 3 easiest dungeons.

Some of these nameds have a % health attack.  And it doesn't matter if its level 1 or level 100, if it hits for 90% health, it hits for 90% health.

As far as shade ...stand close to him and wont get 1 shotted.....yes some encounters still have to be followed with a script or  countering fail effects.

__________________
Summoner pets are 1/3 the dps of a summoner and yet our stats and modifiers do not affect them.Since a pet is 1/3 a summoners dps,a summoner receives 2/3 benefit from gear when compared to any other class.

SHARED STATS AND MODIFIERS ARE A MUST!

FIX SUMMONERS IN 08!

FIX SUMMONERS IN 09!

FIX SUMMONERS IN 10!


2011 and Finally we are Fixed!

/Rides off into the sunset
hellfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:28 PM   #354
Morgane
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Bloodforged Legacy
Rank: Bloodforged

Loremaster
Morgane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 654
Default

[email protected] wrote:

And all those nights more than 24 show up for a raid zone, those sitting outside no longer get to bid /roll on loot?  So if you have to sit, so sorry for you?

I'm not a raider anymore so pardon my ignorance, but isn't that what a sign-in sheet is for? You go to the guild site, sign up for a raid  and if there are more than 24 that show up for said raid, then the raid leader picks those classes that will make the raid successful based on who's signed up for that raid first. Everyone else... well, yeah... out of luck until the next time... sit it out and go farm some gray shards.

Morgane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:30 PM   #355
Grumble69

Loremaster
Grumble69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,257
Default

Gage wrote:

Grumble69 wrote:

It's obvious you don't know what you're talking about.  Yeah it's heroic, but it's more on par with L50 epic.  Like I said earlier, I got one shotted by a L50 version of the Shade of Miragul for 10K damage.  Show me another non-TSO heroic mob that can do that.  Most people can't do a L50 named mob except in the 3 easiest dungeons.

I will never believe for a second that a mob THIRTY LEVELS LOWER than a player involves any risk what so ever.

Then get off your fat lazy butt and try it.  Quit crying foul if you haven't actually tested it yourself!!!

Do me a favor.  Get some MC gear (armor & weapons).  Remove your higher end AA abilities from your hotbar.  And try solo'n the named.  It's not zero risk.  Admittedly, some classes have it easier than others. 

God, I can't believe you've been arguing the past 20 some pages on an issue you've got ZERO experience with.

Grumble69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:30 PM   #356
Wurm

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,003
Default

I spent the time (some of the grey EF shard quests can take well over an hour to complete BTW) to get that one single shard and 15 gold and a noticeable AA jump. So I earned it. Its as easy as that. And all I'm going to say on the matter. This whole thread is pointless since SOE added a solo daily shard quest.

Only difference is the amount of time its going to take the casuals to get their next upgrade.

There is a crap load of boring things to do in this game that rewards the person doing it... crafting anyone? So I have no idea what the point is in calling something that has no negative affects on any one else an exploit.

__________________
Wurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:31 PM   #357
Thunndar316

Loremaster
Thunndar316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,681
Default

Gage wrote:

Grumble69 wrote:

It's obvious you don't know what you're talking about.  Yeah it's heroic, but it's more on par with L50 epic.  Like I said earlier, I got one shotted by a L50 version of the Shade of Miragul for 10K damage.  Show me another non-TSO heroic mob that can do that.  Most people can't do a L50 named mob except in the 3 easiest dungeons.

I will never believe for a second that a mob THIRTY LEVELS LOWER than a player involves any risk what so ever.

You can be killed rather easily by the Neucrotic Asylum boss.  Even when he is grey.

__________________


Sleight of Hand is USELESS
Thunndar316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:33 PM   #358
Gisallo
Server: Lucan DLere

Loremaster
Gisallo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,910
Default

Gage wrote:

Grumble69 wrote:

It's obvious you don't know what you're talking about.  Yeah it's heroic, but it's more on par with L50 epic.  Like I said earlier, I got one shotted by a L50 version of the Shade of Miragul for 10K damage.  Show me another non-TSO heroic mob that can do that.  Most people can't do a L50 named mob except in the 3 easiest dungeons.

I will never believe for a second that a mob THIRTY LEVELS LOWER than a player involves any risk what so ever.

Actually I have seen people die to the grey out nameds.  Some were even in raid gear.  How?  "I refuse to believe a mob thirty levels lower than me involves risk"...."ooops guess it does "  Next time they beat it but that was because they were disavowed from your idea at that point.

__________________
Gisallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:37 PM   #359
Gisallo
Server: Lucan DLere

Loremaster
Gisallo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,910
Default

NamaeZero wrote:

You have to admit this is pretty bizarre for SOE. They're declaring a mechanic that has existed (and been reported constantly) since Splitpaw Saga to be an exploit. They have said you will not be punished or penalized for exploiting this mechanic. They post this in a thread that more or less details exactly how to perform the exploit.

Would I be going out on a limb for positing that this is not the normal or correct channel for handling exploits? Exploits are dealt with via hotfixes without any warning, and exploited items are tracked down and removed. You rarely if ever get flat out told how an exploit was done, lest someone use that knowledge to cause future exploits.

What is happening here is more like how SOE handles nerfs that will affect a large part of the player base, only I hypothesize that using the word 'exploit' deflects the blame to the individual players and away from the developers that should have fixed this years ago if it was a problem.

You are ABSOLUTELY correct.  As a matter of fact posting how an exploit is done on the forums is expressly AGAINST the EULA.  If a player were to have done this and it was an exploit the thread would be deleated and the player warned, suspended or banned.  So what can we come up with here.  They tell you how to do it and tell you the fix is in the works BUT you will be told exactly what the fix is WELL in advance.  The only rationalization is that the "exploit" is working as intended but that either due to outside pressure from some players or they actually had a time table alkready as to when they would close the "exploit".  Again its only deductions BUT its based on logical analysis of all of the facts.

__________________
Gisallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:40 PM   #360
Gisallo
Server: Lucan DLere

Loremaster
Gisallo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,910
Default

Thunndar316 wrote:

Gage wrote:

Grumble69 wrote:

It's obvious you don't know what you're talking about.  Yeah it's heroic, but it's more on par with L50 epic.  Like I said earlier, I got one shotted by a L50 version of the Shade of Miragul for 10K damage.  Show me another non-TSO heroic mob that can do that.  Most people can't do a L50 named mob except in the 3 easiest dungeons.

I will never believe for a second that a mob THIRTY LEVELS LOWER than a player involves any risk what so ever.

You can be killed rather easily by the Neucrotic Asylum boss.  Even when he is grey.

and 2 shotted by the guy on the bridge if you think you can just bully through the script.  Same with the last named in Scion if you think you are tougher than the script etc.  Thats the whole point of the freakin scripts to make it nigh impossible to bully the mob and trap you into playing by their script.  Again logic but that has often been devoid in this conversation to be replaced by emotion, "principle" and self righteous indignation.

__________________
Gisallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:13 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.