EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-31-2007, 10:21 AM   #91
Druisagoldengod

Loremaster

Despite many good points, I still see nerfing reaving akin to breaking the fingers of a mentally challenged child prodigy pianist. It was pretty much the only great thing about SK's imo. I would like to see a raid wide death march for sure.
Druisagoldengod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 11:28 AM   #92
MirageKnight

Loremaster

The thing really bugging me is not the fact "Reaver" is nerfed. But even after "Aggression" thing changed, SK's Hate line still only targeting resist of spells not as effective as before (nerfed). And once again, even EoF AA has been revisited, none of these has been touched. Developers should have added "aggresssion modifier's" to these lines as they put "aggression" to live to keep SK's hate line equally useful as before they put "aggression" system in.
MirageKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 12:44 PM   #93
Echgar

Forum Moderator

I see a couple posters here starting to resort to personal attacks and insults in your disagreement with each other.  Please leave the digs at each other out of the discussion. Different players will have different opinions as well as experiences.  Post constructively and with respect of other opinions.  If you aren't able to agree with each other, recognize that, agree to disagree, and move on.  Tearing into someone on the forums doesn't really help the discussion.

|| Forum Rules || TRACKERS: Community || Tech || Dev ||
Echgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 04:13 PM   #94
Giral

General

here is another issue with our agro

Sk's in a group DPS Specced as MT in OFFensive Stance will be putting out normaly between 600 to 800 DPS

Some very well geared SK's as MT in Offensive Stance with the proper buffs in a group will be doing 800 to 1200 DPS (some might do 1000 to 1400)

now first we shouldn't Have to tank in Offensive to hold agro( try tanking in Defensive tho and keeping agro : )

there is NO buff on our Defensive stance that give's us anything to Equal the agro reduction by doing nearly Half the DPS we would do in Offensive.

Hate over time ( when damage is being done by the Second and every fight is Extremly fast = Over in 10 to 30 seconds WHEN are we suppose to Generate this Hate ? at the very last 2 sconds of the fight  ? )

with the AA's they gave Ever class MORE DPS , so now not only do SK's have to Deal with the PURE DPS classes, we are also OUT DPS'd when in DEFENSIVE Stance by every other class in the game Save for maybe Troub/Dirge/Warden/Defiler  

in Defensive stance an SK will be doing Roughly 400 to 600 DPS , now Furies,Inquisitors,Monks,Bruisers,berserkers,palad ins,mystics,templars can all do 800+ DPs , i have seen DPS Specced Paladins doing 1200+ DPs in groups , i have seen Furies pull 1200+ DPS in groups , have seen mystics and templars do 800+ DPS in groups .

Now how is an SK supose to keep agro off of near ANY class ? its bad enough they Have to tank in Offensive stance to try to max there DPS and in turn make them a Weak tank, but now Even in Offensive stance alot of NON-DPS classes are Out DPS'ing SK's and these classes have there OWN ways of generating agro , maybe by Heals,wards,buffs, etc,,,,

someone dropped the ball once again with this Sudden increase in alot of Classes DPS and i think that that adds ALOT to the issue's SK's have as Tank's ATM

There seriously needs to be a Buff attached to Shadowknights Defensive stance that has a Hate modifier on it so when they are Tanking in Defensive stance they get a Serious Agro boost to make up for the diminished DPS in this stance , otherwise there is never any reason to go Defensive since you will do nothing but lose agro in most cases with equaly geared players in the group unless they are Seriously watching agro, and why would they want to when they can group another tank class that can hold agro 10 X better even with them DPSing there hearts out

and this is another way that Reaver helped, it helped SK's be able to Tank Easier in Offensive stance to be able to get back that quickly falling HP,   with reduced revear SK's will be taking the same damage but will have a tougher time keeping up there hP's , but if they tank in Defensive they will have a very difficult time trying to keep Agro becuase DPS has become the Focal point of the entire game and Shadowknights in Defensive do Miserable DPS + there agro tools /snicker

the reason the devs stated if a Skill was Decreased would be becuase of the change in weopon requirements BUT That was stated for the SUB-Class AA's ,  so this change to Reaver is very obviously Just a change to Force SK's to take Other AA routes .  and since we only have 3 end Aa's , there realy isnt much of a choice now is there ?   Why not give us a 4th endline ability in our EOF tree that gives us a serious DPS Boost like a decrease in casting times by 50 % + and 20 % reduction in power cost of all spells  ; )

Account Terminated as of 12-27-08, RMT=Evil
Giral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:05 AM   #95
Skar
Server: Unrest
Guild: Antonicas Nameless

Loremaster

Echgar wrote:
I see a couple posters here starting to resort to personal attacks and insults in your disagreement with each other.  Please leave the digs at each other out of the discussion. Different players will have different opinions as well as experiences.  Post constructively and with respect of other opinions.  If you aren't able to agree with each other, recognize that, agree to disagree, and move on.  Tearing into someone on the forums doesn't really help the discussion.

If the dev's read more than just the replies to one person that doesn't know any better, then we wouldnt have the problem in the first place.

Thanks.

Skar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 02:27 AM   #96
Tae
Server: Venekor
Guild: Someone Gonna Die

General

At least on the PvP servers it does feel like Shadowknights are constantly getting nerfed for no reason. First they halfed the damage of PT and various other powers, now they're making reaver worse. Shadowknights weren't all that powerful in PvP to begin with, why do their powers keep getting removed? Honestly, you're going to make Shadowknights as rare as Guardians if this keeps up. Why would anyone want to roll one now?
Tae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 02:59 AM   #97
Bowser

Lord

The changes to SKs in this patch are outrageous.

1. So they reduced the health return on Reaver - fine then, remove the constant health cost too. Buffs are supposed to work FOR the player and not AGAINST him/her.

2. SKs only use 4 concentration slots, so why couldn't they have just made spell damage a separate buff? If not a separate buff, then why couldn't they just move strength onto a self buff, or even on to the offensive stance? Maybe if the developers had spent a little more time thinking on this then we probably wouldn't be calling nerf on this issue.

Bowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 07:24 AM   #98
Garnaf

Loremaster

I'm not a raid SK, I'll admit this (I want to, however most of the raid guilds I talk to say "No SKs, your class is useless to us" ).  The reaver change is a drop of 37 HP a cast for me.  That's not an overly big deal to me (I can see where it would be to some though).  I often either solo or run as a group tank (and get repeatedly told that I'm a very good group tank, for a shadowknight [ow, that hurts]). My main issue is with the fact that SK taunts are over time, and unlike the other classes SKs don't have a reliable way to make extra agro (Brawlers have the Hate procs, Paladins have Amends, Guardians and Zerkers have Hold the Line and Taunting Defense as well as their taunting strikes.) the little 121 point boosts I get per hit from Nefarious Caress are too little to really make a difference. Also, when a fight is over in 30 seconds just WHEN is this extra agro over time on my taunts supposed to help me?  I'm all for getting RID of the "over time" part of SK taunts and making them a direct taunt for the exact same amount that they currently do total, and give me a RELIABLE secondary agro method (Other than Death March, I REALLY hate having to pop that every 3rd mob) how about making the proc on Nefarious Caress an OFFENSIVE proc instead of a DEFENSIVE.  Originally Shadowknights were supposed to be the offensive Crusader anyway and Paladins were supposed to be Defensive, this change wouldn't add next to anything to our DPS total (maybe what, a 7 or 8 DPS boost at most?), but it WOULD help out our agro quite a bit (I think). *Dons Heat Resist Gear* PS: I WANT MY STRENGTH BACK!  Paladins got theirs moved to Blessing of the Penitent line SKs got theirs moved to the Trash Can.
Garnaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 05:04 PM   #99
Druisagoldengod

Loremaster

Okay, its been a while, is any SK actually happy with the changes?  I am sorely not.  They removed Str while letting pallies keep it, gave us a useless dmg buff, nerfed reaver, reduced our hate gain abilities... I think if SoE wants to remove the SK class they sure are giving this SK the right signals.  If yall do really hate SK's, might as well tell us... I do pay yall ya know... I think we deserve some answers.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:10 AM   #100
miliskel

Lord

with an sk i group with duoing,we would try kill things asap yet i didnt die, why? death march mostly it gains huge aggro and i would assume its great for off tanking and u have many off these abilities that gain huge aggro (pestilent touch rescue etc) and ur complaining about not getting aggro easy?
miliskel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:06 AM   #101
Addex

Loremaster

miliskel wrote:
with an sk i group with duoing,we would try kill things asap yet i didnt die, why? death march mostly it gains huge aggro and i would assume its great for off tanking and u have many off these abilities that gain huge aggro (pestilent touch rescue etc) and ur complaining about not getting aggro easy?

DM recast is 3 minutes, and even with it you will eventually lose aggro if you are a MT, Rescue is 10 minutes and PT is 15.. so what u saying is we should have to wait 15 minutes between pulls to be able to have fast aggro? And your talkin here about duoing what a noob....

You know what happens in raids for us? our taunts are disease based, I have the Master I and I still get resisted a ton even in labs, and if you pull an encounter with 3 mobs and your single ae taunt that is on 20 secs recast gets resisted that is all for you, how are you gonna keep the other ones on u?

Addex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 09:53 PM   #102
totallynumb

Loremaster

Addex wrote:
miliskel wrote:

DM recast is 3 minutes, and even with it you will eventually lose aggro if you are a MT, Rescue is 10 minutes and PT is 15.. so what u saying is we should have to wait 15 minutes between pulls to be able to have fast aggro? And your talkin here about duoing what a noob....

You know what happens in raids for us? our taunts are disease based, I have the Master I and I still get resisted a ton even in labs, and if you pull an encounter with 3 mobs and your single ae taunt that is on 20 secs recast gets resisted that is all for you, how are you gonna keep the other ones on u?

Aggro control involves more than just taunting... -Your dps also plays a big factor in locking down aggro and in the main tank group there will be buffs to boost it quite a bit. -Having an ma that knows how much time to you give before starting dps can make or break the pull. -Hate xfer/gain are mandatory regardless of what class your tank is. Tanking is not dependent on a single ability, but rather a combination with the main ingredient being player skill.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:44 AM   #103
Addex

Loremaster

totallynumb wrote:
Addex wrote:
miliskel wrote:

Aggro control involves more than just taunting... -Your dps also plays a big factor in locking down aggro and in the main tank group there will be buffs to boost it quite a bit. -Having an ma that knows how much time to you give before starting dps can make or break the pull. -Hate xfer/gain are mandatory regardless of what class your tank is. Tanking is not dependent on a single ability, but rather a combination with the main ingredient being player skill.

Aggro control may involve more than just taunting,  but our taunts are the worst ones of all the tanks and all our dps is overtime ... I have seen zerkers breaking the 3k parse and I haven't seen a sk parsing over 1.5 yet......

Tanking is more than just player skill is based on ur class, a guardian can tank better than a SK no matter how skilled the SK is, we just don't have the tools to do it properly....We dont have proc taunts like the other tanks to help us keep aggro unless u count our caress buff which is a joke and gets resisted all the time.

We are a waste of raid space and the addition to the +90 dmg wont help us get anywhere.

I have tanked all of the KoS zones and crabs in Mara, still for raiding what I'm asked to do is log on my brigand, we add nothing to a raid that any other class can do 100 times better.

Old 08-07-2007, 12:08 PM   #104
Wytie

Mouse Betrayer!

Addex wrote:
 we add nothing to a raid that any other class can do 100 times better.

incorrect!

we are the best off tanks in the game, we have the most snap agro of any of the classes, and our buffs stack with bard buffs for the mages. We may not DPS as high as the clothys but we increase there dps exp warlocks

Old 08-07-2007, 12:09 PM   #105
Vatec

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
Yall see what they did to pally's? Only make them the ultimate tank now. Again they just took another healthy dump on the most nerfed class in the game.
Nah, the most nerfed class in the game is Ranger.  SK is probably second ;^)
and a few others

90 Provisioner, 41+ Woodworker, 34+ Carpenter
41+ Tailor, 30+ Armorer, 29+ Weaponsmith
70+ Jeweler, 51+ Alchemist, 29+ Sage

Living and dying on OASIS since 11/09/04
Vatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 12:39 PM   #106
SaraBH

Loremaster

Addex wrote:
totallynumb wrote:
Addex wrote:
miliskel wrote:

Aggro control may involve more than just taunting,  but our taunts are the worst ones of all the tanks and all our dps is overtime ... I have seen zerkers breaking the 3k parse and I haven't seen a sk parsing over 1.5 yet......

Zerkers parse 3K shur and SKs between 1.3K and 1.6K but then look at how much more we Heal (Ive seen SKs heal parse almost as good as primary raid healers)Healing is also agro gain. Then you add the few taunts we have. Normally that puts us right up there with the zerker so i dont see your complaining. On the Parse subject how much does the guardian Parse? Shur as hell not much. They have to do almost all there agro with taunts. We do it with heals, DPS, and taunts(sometimes that takes a few seconds). Zerkers do it with DPS, and taunts. Pallys are Heals and Taunts. I have no idea about monks or bruisers, never player ether and rarlly see then tanking unless there solo.

Tanking is more than just player skill is based on ur class, a guardian can tank better than a SK no matter how skilled the SK is, we just don't have the tools to do it properly....We dont have proc taunts like the other tanks to help us keep aggro unless u count our caress buff which is a joke and gets resisted all the time.

You havent seen some of the guardians ive played with, Ive been 3 lvls lower then a few guardians and held agro much better, Player skill still comes into it. I really want to know how you know Caress's taunt funtion got resisted? Ive seen my taunts get Resisted and the mob still turned on me (Tells me they got taunted but resisted my damage I was sitting next to the only other person in my group and they didnt deagro so something worked)

We are a waste of raid space and the addition to the +90 dmg wont help us get anywhere.

Your probly right but the STR wasnt getting us spots ether so whats the differance? SOE is trying to change things so MAYBE we can get a spot.

I have tanked all of the KoS zones and crabs in Mara, still for raiding what I'm asked to do is log on my brigand, we add nothing to a raid that any other class can do 100 times better.

We may not do anything that some class cant do better but you tell me one class that can do all we can do? We do allot of different things most other classes do one thing AWSOME, we do allot of different thinks ok.

If that is really what you think its time for you to reroll something else and quit playing a SK.

Old 08-07-2007, 12:45 PM   #107
miliskel

Lord

Addex wrote:
miliskel wrote:

sorry that i was being positive, i was simply sdaying that they hold aggro easy vs me and im a warlock and figured u could do that in raids u could have said about that without telling me im a noob and if ur being resiste din labs then u need to get more m1's m8 coz with sk tanking ( in pickups - we use gaurdian in guild) he barely gets resisted and does fine yes, i may have to hold back a little bit but if ur nooby enough to blame all ur problems, which are really just not knowing ur class at all ,on the class then get some skill before calling someone who knows what there doing a noob.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:54 PM   #108
Addex

Loremaster

miliskel wrote:
Addex wrote:
miliskel wrote:

sorry that i was being positive, i was simply sdaying that they hold aggro easy vs me and im a warlock and figured u could do that in raids u could have said about that without telling me im a noob and if ur being resiste din labs then u need to get more m1's m8 coz with sk tanking ( in pickups - we use gaurdian in guild) he barely gets resisted and does fine yes, i may have to hold back a little bit but if ur nooby enough to blame all ur problems, which are really just not knowing ur class at all ,on the class then get some skill before calling someone who knows what there doing a noob.

Well I have all the masters except for mana sieve and doom judgement, so yeah Im calling u a noob cause here is ppl discussing the SK problems and u that dont even play one says that we hold aggro fine just because u duo with one and u dont pull aggro from him...

That's cool that ppl that doesnt play SK's come here to tell us we do fine, and u wonder why I call u a noob.

Old 08-07-2007, 02:10 PM   #109
Druisagoldengod

Loremaster

Careful guys, the forum nannies have already commented on this page once already for name calling and it might still get shut down on account of poor grammar and spelling =P.  I don't want this thread locked until a dev lends us some thoughts of where they think the SK class is going i.e. its purpose on raid, taking away some of our soloability while boosting an already overpowered solo class, and well... I personally think we tank/dps in groups fine, I don't have any qualms there... but that's just my opinion. .
Old 08-07-2007, 02:50 PM   #110
miliskel

Lord

the post is called good greif! do the devs hate sks? not dam sks suck in raids so im showing u that u are good at whatever u want to do just maybe not to good in raiding even tho, non fully fabled mastered sk's can tank in raids for me lol.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:55 PM   #111
miliskel

Lord

and btw, i have an sk - hes not a high level but i made one and a troub to see if they really do suck , and i think hes great!.. not so much the troub he cant do anything for group untill he gets some mages in the group. my sk can solo more than 1 mob since he was level 10 and not even orange mobs can kill me lol
Old 08-07-2007, 03:26 PM   #112
Gape Master

Loremaster

Rolling a toon to lvl 10 and thinking that is enough to form an opinion is asinine.  99% of the complaints are coming from people who are not just getting off n00b island.  I play a Warlock and a SK.  The SK has more issues with holding agro than any plate tank in the game.  Our HoT mechanic sucks. DM was a step in the right direction but on a 3 minute cast time, that does very little.  PT and rescue are on 10 and 15 minute timers.  There are alot of valid points in this thread, please don't derail it with your clever comments of becoming the master of SK game mechanics since you invested 15 minutes into making it to lvl 10
Old 08-07-2007, 04:13 PM   #113
miliskel

Lord

Gape Master wrote:
Rolling a toon to lvl 10 and thinking that is enough to form an opinion is asinine.  99% of the complaints are coming from people who are not just getting off n00b island.  I play a Warlock and a SK.  The SK has more issues with holding agro than any plate tank in the game.  Out HoT mechanic sucks. DM was a step in the right direction but on a 3 minute cast time, that does very little.  PT and rescue are on 10 and 15 minute timers.  There are alot of valid points in this thread, please don't derail it with your clever comments of becoming the master of SK game mechanics since you invested 15 minutes into making it to lvl 10
i know its just he said i have no sk SMILEY
Old 08-07-2007, 05:22 PM   #114
Addex

Loremaster

Wytie wrote:
Addex wrote:
 we add nothing to a raid that any other class can do 100 times better.

incorrect!

we are the best off tanks in the game, we have the most snap agro of any of the classes, and our buffs stack with bard buffs for the mages. We may not DPS as high as the clothys but we increase there dps exp warlocks

Ok tell me here what are those buffs that cloth love, in a mage group you have Fury,Troubador,Illusionist,Wizard,Warlock, Necro/Conjuror, explaing me which class should we replace here... the illusionist? cause our buffs are sure "better" than TC for example... Our DM every 3 mins is all we add to a mage group even a monk is better there than us with their spell haste....
Old 08-07-2007, 05:34 PM   #115
Addex

Loremaster

[email protected] DLere wrote:
Addex wrote:

Zerkers parse 3K shur and SKs between 1.3K and 1.6K but then look at how much more we Heal (Ive seen SKs heal parse almost as good as primary raid healers)Healing is also agro gain. Then you add the few taunts we have. Normally that puts us right up there with the zerker so i dont see your complaining. On the Parse subject how much does the guardian Parse? Shur as hell not much. They have to do almost all there agro with taunts. We do it with heals, DPS, and taunts(sometimes that takes a few seconds). Zerkers do it with DPS, and taunts. Pallys are Heals and Taunts. I have no idea about monks or bruisers, never player ether and rarlly see then tanking unless there solo.

Our 1.3k-1.6k parse is on offensive, we have crap dps on defense, which class has to sacrifice their defense stance to be able to keep aggro?. Guardians are the masters of aggro, they dont need to dps high to keep it with all the taunts they have. We are not even close to the aggro zerkers generate, a zerker or a guardian can take any mob from us in seconds.

You havent seen some of the guardians ive played with, Ive been 3 lvls lower then a few guardians and held agro much better, Player skill still comes into it. I really want to know how you know Caress's taunt funtion got resisted? Ive seen my taunts get Resisted and the mob still turned on me (Tells me they got taunted but resisted my damage I was sitting next to the only other person in my group and they didnt deagro so something worked)

I have used the taunts, seen them resisted and the name going for someone else, if the dmg doesnt land doesnt seem to me the taunt does and caress is not enough of a taunt to keep aggro on anything.

Your probly right but the STR wasnt getting us spots ether so whats the differance? SOE is trying to change things so MAYBE we can get a spot.

No difference thats right, monks got a nice upgrade, so did bruisers and paladins (at least they didnt lose anything) and we got nothing, well ok we did we got +30 dmg on our snaring nuke.

We may not do anything that some class cant do better but you tell me one class that can do all we can do? We do allot of different things most other classes do one thing AWSOME, we do allot of different thinks ok.

Yeah we do a lot of things and we are good at nothing, we do a lot of things that someone in the raid already does and way better so there is no need for us...

If that is really what you think its time for you to reroll something else and quit playing a SK.

SK's are fun to play solo, the class sucks for raids and thats why for raids I have to play my Brigand and park the SK , except when we do Princes.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:03 PM   #116
Wilin

Loremaster

Guardians, like all tanks, have to spec for DPS to hold aggro. I think taunts gamewide are not balanced properly. Tanks of whatever flavor should not have to concentrate on their dps in order to keep aggro. But, that's what works so we play the game. SMILEY

And to say that almost all a guardian's hate is from taunts is incorrect. I can guarantee that my taunts are not keeping up with my dps.

Old 08-08-2007, 06:41 AM   #117
Levatino

Loremaster

the reason why the Sk was nerved was cause of people saying it sucked for raids. So it was made by the devs to be more raid eglible.. but you guess it, the Sk won't be put into any raid cause everyone is already used to the set up.. So devs, please unchange the damage you did to the Sk. Your changes won't let us get more places in raids yet our solo-ability is hurt
Old 08-08-2007, 12:49 PM   #118
Vith
Server: Oasis
Guild: Bat Country

Loremaster

Hurting solo gamers ability to play so raid gamers might get asked to raids is something I don't understand. I admit I want nothing to do with the raid style of gameplay, where some people are considered undesirable, to me gaming should be inclusive, not exclusive. And now I have to have my playstyle hampered and it probably won't change anything on the other end? That's a head-scratcher. And I ~just~ got 20pts in the Reaver tree. D'oh!
Vith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 07:58 PM   #119
Giral

General

a fully mastered SK in fabled gear (not DPS gear) , Tanking in Defensive stance will do about 400 to 600 DPS

can you tell me off the top of your head what classes Cannot do more DPS than 400 to 600 ?

sk's have 1 single target and 1 Ae taunt

we are 90 % Spell based, spells are Very easily interupted, and a reason why Solo'ing SK's die isusualy becuase one to many Interupt's and one to many resists or the run out of power ( and our power was reduced with the loss of our strenght buff)

sorry we do not have HEALS! we get no benefit from +Heal adornments Nor do we get any benefit from the SUB class Crusdaer AA that gives + to Heals and that Has been proven.

Shadowknight's have Lifetap's  Heals Generate Agro!    Do Lifetaps?    I hope so , let's for arguements sake say they Do Not Generate Agro , well then if the Dev's made our Lifetap's Generate the Same agro as Heal's maybe that would solve our agro problems ?

Reaver Helped SOLO Sk's to be able to be at about 8 to 10th place in the SOLO Realm , i would say they are now in 10 th to 12th place

Reaver Helped Grouping SK's to be able to Tank in Offensive stance and Keep there Health up ,  Here is a Test, Group a Random SK ,     ask Him/Her to Turn  reaver OFF ,  and go hit a Instance with 1 Healer,  Lets Say MMC its not a Hard zone : ) ,   and watch that SK's Health Zig Zag Up and Down from 2 Green ^^^ Mobs

Sk's Generaly have a Low Aviodance, we have Lower HP pools then Guardian/Zerker/Monks/Bruisers and we Supposedly are to have the Biggest Power pool's( Currenty with the loss of the strenght Buff SK's  are NO Where Near 1000 K more power then any other tank,its more like 100 more power ,   but do you see Guards with 1000 or "More" HP's then SK? and consider How much of a Power hogg an SK is ,   Just grouped with friends last night and was askd 2 difrent time" Do you need a Drink ? "  and " Do you want a Beholder Totem?"  I WAS already drinking Bosprites wine and using a Beholder Totem SMILEY

the Major Point is SK's were NOT Overpowered , we are NOT in thge top 5 SoLo Classes, we are NOT the #1 Group Tank in the Game, and  Raiding ? Most SK's only get to raid if  A) they are in a casual guild, B) its a PIck up raid , C) if they are Very fortunate and get to MA Raids, and the VERY Rare SK Raid MT

just 1 of the things they did to SK's was To much, but all of the changes is a Serious Slap in the face to a Class that already has Issue's ! 

Sk is a class that was broken from release , waited until DOF to finaly get some fixes, they Changed us then to Hate Over Time, and we have had agro issue's since , we waited and waited and FINALY 2+ years into the game got some much needed Tweaks and fixes,    and even after those SK"s were Never, Not once EVER an over powered class and now 3 years into the game we are getting Nerfs?  WHAT ? where does SOE get it's info from some 3rd party sight that one poster made a Joke that SK's are over powered and SOE thought they were serious ?

the Huge Fighter re-vamp that was made SO ALL Tanks could Tank equaly but diffrently ? WOW here is a News flash for you SOE, Guardian;s were Extremly over powered from release, after Fighter Revamp? STill #1 Tank in the game( Yeah i know you guys had a bit of a Rough spell for like 2 months : ) we could here the screamin and whining all the way over on the SK forums HAHAHHAHA  : ) and now 3 years into the game ? Yupp you guessed it #1 Tank for Raids and Groups SMILEY  (no i do not want Guards to get Nerfed i Have a Guardian and i like to play him, he plays totaly diffrent then my SK i am just using this as another example of why the Changes(NERFS) to SK's just Make NO SENSE , except to try to Corn hole us into the Mage Group in a Raid even tho the Pathetic +90 spell damge is total Crapola

Account Terminated as of 12-27-08, RMT=Evil
Giral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 03:48 AM   #120
MirageKnight

Loremaster

SK is in fact THE worst taunt tool utility holding plate class. DM change was nice, but again Paladin already had that beside having amend. Doesn't hold as much aggro too as other class nor dps (unless buffers in grp) and missing passive hate utility. GU37 SK nerf was sucky but more like aggro is getting the most problem for SK in grp/raid.
MirageKnight is offline   Reply With Quote