EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-20-2007, 04:30 PM   #1
Druisagoldengod

Loremaster

So we are already the weakest raid class... now they nerf our solo game? Why nerf reaver.... why??!! Do you not want my money any more??!!
Druisagoldengod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:41 PM   #2
Wytie

Mouse Betrayer!

[email protected] wrote:
So we are already the weakest raid class... now they nerf our solo game? Why nerf reaver.... why??!! Do you not want my money any more??!!
honestly nobody likes a nerf but i think its fair we resist less often now so in turn gain more from reaver, i just wish we could have more raid utility also, like change our mit buff to allow us to give it to anyone in the raid and allow us to give like 20 40% of our mit to the MT now thats freaking raid utitlity, if were not MT'n dont need the mit to bad anyway  SMILEY
Old 07-20-2007, 04:50 PM   #3
Druisagoldengod

Loremaster

Well, giving the MT more mit at this point seems rather fruitless considering diminishing returns.  However, putting it on an overzelous mage might work.  Still, this coupled with the hate change really seems like a mistake.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:57 PM   #4
nirate

Lord

HEY SOE

why dont you leave reaver the way it is and give that poor excuse of an AA known as Siphon Hate a 7% buff

nirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:03 PM   #5
silentpsycho

Loremaster

nirate wrote:

HEY SOE

why dont you leave reaver the way it is and give that poor excuse of an AA known as Siphon Hate a 7% buff

Because that would be "overpowered" and you might actually be a viable group/raid tank...?

Bruisers... steadily taking up the rear end since LU24 --- say NO to FD NERF 2007
silentpsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:08 PM   #6
Druisagoldengod

Loremaster

Yall see what they did to pally's? Only make them the ultimate tank now. Again they just took another healthy dump on the most nerfed class in the game.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:09 PM   #7
nirate

Lord

silentpsycho wrote:
Because that would be "overpowered" and you might actually be a viable group/raid tank...?

/gasp

OH say it isnt so! We cant have shadowknights actualy worth their wieght oh no no no that would be a bad thing indeed

/sarcasm off

nirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:13 PM   #8
Druisagoldengod

Loremaster

And not to call out another class, but the zerkers evade any major nerf yet again...
Old 07-20-2007, 05:22 PM   #9
Mr. Dawki

General

not to call out any other class but every tank will be effected by te hate tranfer/buff nerf, except pallys, amends will remain at 40% so far
Mr. Dawki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:25 PM   #10
Addex

Loremaster

Geez the two classes I play got the nerf, SK on reaver and my brig on dehate......

Why the nerf to the reaver line seriously, because it would let us solo since we are not wanted in raids???

Addex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:31 PM   #11
Wilin

Loremaster

Wytie wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
honestly nobody likes a nerf but i think its fair we resist less often now so in turn gain more from reaver, i just wish we could have more raid utility also, like change our mit buff to allow us to give it to anyone in the raid and allow us to give like 20 40% of our mit to the MT now thats freaking raid utitlity, if were not MT'n dont need the mit to bad anyway  SMILEY

From the notes:

• Offering of Armament can be cast on a raid ally.
  • __________________
    Wilin is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-20-2007, 05:37 PM   #12
    dobanow

Loremaster

Wilin wrote:
    Wytie wrote:
    [email protected] wrote:

From the notes:

• Offering of Armament can be cast on a raid ally.
  • Shadowknight

Alternate: Siphon Armament: Increased mitigation gained by 33% more than before. Can now be cast on a raid ally.

This takes Mit from another person for the SK...Mit is broken anyway so meh EDIT: My bad...I see they made both our armament skills raid castable...Missed that =p
    dobanow is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-20-2007, 05:38 PM   #13
    Druisagoldengod

Loremaster

Not to mention as previously stated giving the MT more mit with diminishing returns is rather silly.
    Old 07-20-2007, 05:40 PM   #14
    dobanow

Loremaster

And yes..the LAST thing SKs needed was a Reaver nerf...How about some [I cannot control my vocabulary] Agro love? And giving the MT Mit is garbage...Now having something like "Grant Reaver" to the MT would be utility...of course it would have to work with CAs to
    dobanow is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-20-2007, 05:50 PM   #15
    Mr. Dawki

General

my mistake, SK's now have LESS utility than a coercer

Old 07-20-2007, 05:57 PM   #16
    Addex

Loremaster

Mr. Dawkins wrote:

Coercers are great in raids and Sk's never had any utility to begin with....and since we are not wanted and have to solo, we got our solo abilities nerfed too.
    Addex is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-20-2007, 06:25 PM   #17
    Maroger

Loremaster

Addex wrote:
    Mr. Dawkins wrote:

Coercers are great in raids and Sk's never had any utility to begin with....and since we are not wanted and have to solo, we got our solo abilities nerfed too.
    I agree that they have just nerfed our soloing abilities -- very unhappy about this.
    Maroger is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-20-2007, 07:10 PM   #18
    Skar
    Server: Unrest
    Guild: Antonicas Nameless

Loremaster

Quote: "Reaver: Reduced health returned from 2.5% to 2%."

OK ... If you are going to lower our ability to self heal, how about making us more Tank Effecient.

How about raising Siphon Hate to a % that actually makes a difference... Raise it to 10% - that would at least be comparable to the Pally amends (47% that always gets placed on a HIGH hate builder is still greater than 50% group if you include 2 healers in a MT setup). Right now, I have every AA I can muster, full tank gear with an Ascendant, Tower shield of strife, and AGRO is still a pain in the wazoo to manage. So, honestly the only reason I could see to lower the reaver % would be to make us less solo oriented - well then make us more group oriented - fix the Siphon Hate for crying out loud - dont break the good things we got while neglecting to fix the real problems that we have to deal with.

Skar is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-20-2007, 07:15 PM   #19
    Skar

Loremaster

And Dev's...

We dont take the Siphon Hate AA line because its all that great - It is honestly worthless as is. We take that AA because we REALLY REALLY REALLY need more hate. Raising Pools of Blood is NOT going to make us switch - your logic is misconscrewed. There isnt an SK that is going to need Pools of Blood when we there is a problem with SK Hate Gain.

Fix the real problem - dont think that by making one AA line better, is going to make us drop our measily 3% group hate siphon, to get something else just because you raise it 60%.

Old 07-20-2007, 07:18 PM   #20
    Mr. Dawki

General

[email protected] wrote:

And Dev's...

We dont take the Siphon Hate AA line because its all that great - It is honestly worthless as is. We take that AA because we REALLY REALLY REALLY need more hate. Raising Pools of Blood is NOT going to make us switch - your logic is misconscrewed. There isnt an SK that is going to need Pools of Blood when we there is a problem with SK Hate Gain.

Fix the real problem - dont think that by making one AA line better, is going to make us drop our measily 3% group hate siphon, to get something else just because you raise it 60%.

main reason we dont take pools of blood. because or group is all dead before we are because we cant hold agro off them SMILEY
    Old 07-20-2007, 09:41 PM   #21
    Darlina
    Server: Innovation
    Guild: Minas Tirith

Loremaster

For 2 Years I put Blood, Sweat and Tears into my SK, and now... all for nothing? I'm starting to think about betraying, since the Reaver Skill was a small step forward (not just for solo play), and now its a major Step back... SMILEY Siphon Hate is stupid as hell, with 3% there is no need at all to choose it... SMILEY

And the Siphon Armament is kinda strange as well, Why siphon from a Fighter who needs the Mit? Casters for example have no need of Mit at all during Raids... think about this..^

Drawn to terrorize - like moths to the flame...

Darlina is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-20-2007, 11:28 PM   #22
    Giral

General

fear not my Sk brethren i here that in ROK expansion they are adding

a New Helm its got a Hidden cam in it so we can Record raids for everyone actualy doing something

and Cup holder attachments for our armor so we can bring refreshments to every one in the raid

so our raid spot is Secure in the future , GO Soe with Making all the lines Usefull ERR i  mean to say Useless!!!

Account Terminated as of 12-27-08, RMT=Evil
    Giral is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2007, 03:45 AM   #23
    Controlor

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
    Yall see what they did to pally's? Only make them the ultimate tank now. Again they just took another healthy dump on the most nerfed class in the game.
    Here please explain HOW they made them the "Ultimate tank"...... THIS patch will make paladins SUPPORT. They boosted all the aa's for the support line they did NOTHING to helping them be a tank.
    Controlor is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2007, 10:02 AM   #24
    Mr. Dawki

General

id take the hit to reaver if they buffed siphon hate to 10%

i wouldnt have a problem with that swap at all

Old 07-21-2007, 12:40 PM   #25
    Mistmoore-Milaga

Loremaster

Good grief is right. I didn't relize the SK community had become a bunch of whiners. We have not lost all solo-ability. 10% hate siphon is unbalancing. Yes, we took a hit to Reaver but frankly it was pretty powerful. I don't think anyone who was testing the Reaver AA in beta even dreamed of getting 2.5% but now we're used to it. 2% seems reasonable. What are we getting that's positive about it? I like the move towards making mitigation transfers raid-wide. I like the Despoil reduction and I'll probably respec on live so I can use it since its a noticable timer reducer now. Pools of blood is our most amazing ability and it's getting a massive increase. I am very happy about this. In my eyes, we've got a net gain. Calling for the nerfing of other classes is at best pushing logic out of a possible constructive argument and at worst alienating us from other class communities and just asking for retaliation.
    Mistmoore-Milaga is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2007, 01:24 PM   #26
    Maroger

Loremaster

If you solo as I do these changes are a killer. What is the point are they trying to nerf soloing and going into "forced" grouping.

Please don't make changes that hurt a classes ability to solo. Many of us do not want to play a "forced" grouping game.

Old 07-21-2007, 01:30 PM   #27
    Giral

General

i think the 3% agro syphon is to small , i used it , and never noticed a differance with agro in groups or raids,

i don't know if the Skill doesnt work correctly but i did have Issue's with it with a Wizard i always DOU with, i would lose agro to the Wizard 1 time out of maybe 8 pulls without the 3% , when i Had the 3 % i lost agro to them every other pull, the wizard is a good friend , and skilled player so i know they werent trying to pull agro, and even when they tried starting out slow and ending big they would get agro by the middle of every other fight regardless, 

In raid in a Dps Group, with me Set up to dps on my Sk, even with every single AA in Hate gain and the 3% group transfer,  group members in my group would still pull agro off the MT and i wasnt able to get agro off them even with HT and Rescue a few times, i would think that HT+Rescue+3% group Agro should = Way more Agro generated then them just Dp'sing , Compared to everything im doing for Agro+my Dps

I respected AA , dropped the 3 % and didn't have issue's with the Wizzy once again , so .... i dont know

has anyone Used 3% syphon and seen any Positive results ?

Pools of Blood sounds like an AA for Sk's that DIE Alot . and i dont want to be THAT sk : )

i do think if they are makeing a 20 % reduction on Reaver that Only increasing Pools of blood still doesnt give us a reason to chose the 3% agro transfer , if they Increase it to 6 or 8% , then maybe it would be a worth wyle ability,     This would give Sk's 3 Choices of endline abilities in AA's instead of Reaver or Pools of blood

if they reduce 1 , and increase the other what about the 3rd ?   did Soe see that Every SK also takes the 3 % agro transfer in a hope that it will help with agro but it realy doesnt but everyone took it so SOE thinks its a POPular line ? even tho we still here some Sk's complaining that agro is a Problem ? or do non of them have the 3 % agro and that is a reason they are having agro problems, Or is the 3 % agro Syphon Not working as Intended ? Or is it Bugged and its actualy syphoning the Hate to the Group and not to the SK ? or does it not Stack with Certain other Agro abilites ? etc...  never seen a thread about the 3% agro in Sk forums, there is no way to Judge agro so its very hard to say whats Up with the 3% if its just to low or there are other issue's associated with the Skill itself ,

granted i myself don't have Huge agro issue's and i dont have all my AA's maxed in Agro anymore,  certain classes are a Pita Warlocks on Ae encounters, Bruisers on single targets, etc,,, i know that they will get agro , and i am ready for it and get it right back 9 out of 10 times.

anyway we shall see, Any SK's on Test that would like to Post up about the decrease in Reaver, or the Increase in Pools, or about the 3% Agro Syphon would be appreciated

Account Terminated as of 12-27-08, RMT=Evil
    Giral is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2007, 02:31 PM   #28
    Skar

Loremaster

Giralus wrote:

i think the 3% agro syphon is to small , i used it , and never noticed a differance with agro in groups or raids,

i don't know if the Skill doesnt work correctly but i did have Issue's with it with a Wizard i always DOU with, i would lose agro to the Wizard 1 time out of maybe 8 pulls without the 3% , when i Had the 3 % i lost agro to them every other pull, the wizard is a good friend , and skilled player so i know they werent trying to pull agro, and even when they tried starting out slow and ending big they would get agro by the middle of every other fight regardless, 

In raid in a Dps Group, with me Set up to dps on my Sk, even with every single AA in Hate gain and the 3% group transfer,  group members in my group would still pull agro off the MT and i wasnt able to get agro off them even with HT and Rescue a few times, i would think that HT+Rescue+3% group Agro should = Way more Agro generated then them just Dp'sing , Compared to everything im doing for Agro+my Dps

I respected AA , dropped the 3 % and didn't have issue's with the Wizzy once again , so .... i dont know

has anyone Used 3% syphon and seen any Positive results ?

Pools of Blood sounds like an AA for Sk's that DIE Alot . and i dont want to be THAT sk : )

i do think if they are makeing a 20 % reduction on Reaver that Only increasing Pools of blood still doesnt give us a reason to chose the 3% agro transfer , if they Increase it to 6 or 8% , then maybe it would be a worth wyle ability,     This would give Sk's 3 Choices of endline abilities in AA's instead of Reaver or Pools of blood

if they reduce 1 , and increase the other what about the 3rd ?   did Soe see that Every SK also takes the 3 % agro transfer in a hope that it will help with agro but it realy doesnt but everyone took it so SOE thinks its a POPular line ? even tho we still here some Sk's complaining that agro is a Problem ? or do non of them have the 3 % agro and that is a reason they are having agro problems, Or is the 3 % agro Syphon Not working as Intended ? Or is it Bugged and its actualy syphoning the Hate to the Group and not to the SK ? or does it not Stack with Certain other Agro abilites ? etc...  never seen a thread about the 3% agro in Sk forums, there is no way to Judge agro so its very hard to say whats Up with the 3% if its just to low or there are other issue's associated with the Skill itself ,

granted i myself don't have Huge agro issue's and i dont have all my AA's maxed in Agro anymore,  certain classes are a Pita Warlocks on Ae encounters, Bruisers on single targets, etc,,, i know that they will get agro , and i am ready for it and get it right back 9 out of 10 times.

anyway we shall see, Any SK's on Test that would like to Post up about the decrease in Reaver, or the Increase in Pools, or about the 3% Agro Syphon would be appreciated

Well, I know for a fact that siphon hate does send hate to the SK.... it just doesnt send enough. Even if you group with  other nukers... if you total it up, its pretty much the equivalent of putting 15% amends on one single nuker. Compare to the 41% that Paladins have.... it just falls short.

Old 07-21-2007, 02:57 PM   #29
    EvilIguana9

General

I'm a Paladin, and I support buffing Shadow Knights.  You guys need a true aggro skill like the other tanks have.  I'm not familiar with Reaver, but heck I'd let you guys keep it as is too.  After all, where is the fun in having an ultimate arch-enemy who is gimped to all hell?  Bottom line, if there is any class that should be causing seething irrational hatred from the mobs it is the Shadow Knight.  Kinda your forte eh?
    EvilIguana9 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2007, 02:59 PM   #30
    Maroger

Loremaster

EvilIguana966 wrote:
    I'm a Paladin, and I support buffing Shadow Knights.  You guys need a true aggro skill like the other tanks have.  I'm not familiar with Reaver, but heck I'd let you guys keep it as is too.  After all, where is the fun in having an ultimate arch-enemy who is gimped to all hell?  Bottom line, if there is any class that should be causing seething irrational hatred from the mobs it is the Shadow Knight.  Kinda your forte eh?
    But remember not all of us raid or goup so the hate gain is not as important to us as the Reaver 2.5% is. I wish they would rethink this change as it will my SK who only solos.