EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chains of Eternity Beta > General (CoE Beta) > General Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-28-2012, 11:49 AM   #1
denmom

Loremaster

Location: Paradigm Clutch: Never shift reality without one...

Okay, this is the after life for Norrath.  But so far all I've seen are Dwarves, High Elves, Erudites, Wood Elves, Half Elves (I think), Gnomes.

Where are the Kerran, Iksar, Ratonga, Dark Elves (I've seen only one so far), Trolls, Sarnak, Froglok (think only seen one), Fae, Arasai, Gnolls, Di'Zok, Djinn, Efreei, Naga, Drolvarg, Giants, Coldain, and other races of Norrath?  I know up on Shattered Craig there are the Squidheads (can't remember their name), but are there Droag?  Oh, dragons?  And drakes?  Some of those guys have been sentient and not just mindless army for the Awakened forces.

If they're in a different place and I haven't gotten there yet (still in EJ), then my bad and nevermind.  But if not, well, it'd be nice to see them or some of them at launch.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:56 PM   #2
Cronyn

Dwarven Dev

All dead.  (GET IT?!  ETHERNERE?!?  AFTERLIFE?!?  HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA)

Seriously, though, through the quest lines you find out a lot of afterlife Norrath is in not a good state.  What's left is only a portion of what once existed here in Ethernere.  Are all of those races gone?  No, not likely.  But you don't interact with them through the quest series.  SMILEY

Old 10-29-2012, 12:32 AM   #3
denmom

Loremaster

Cronyn wrote:

All dead.  (GET IT?!  ETHERNERE?!?  AFTERLIFE?!?  HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA)

Seriously, though, through the quest lines you find out a lot of afterlife Norrath is in not a good state.  What's left is only a portion of what once existed here in Ethernere.  Are all of those races gone?  No, not likely.  But you don't interact with them through the quest series. 

LOL...yep, get it.  /kegs him

Yah, I get that impression from the bit I have been able to test.  And thank you very much for the answer! SMILEY

Old 10-29-2012, 04:15 AM   #4
Cloudrat

Tester

[email protected] wrote:

Okay, this is the after life for Norrath.  But so far all I've seen are Dwarves, High Elves, Erudites, Wood Elves, Half Elves (I think), Gnomes.

Where are the Kerran, Iksar, Ratonga, Dark Elves (I've seen only one so far), Trolls, Sarnak, Froglok (think only seen one), Fae, Arasai, Gnolls, Di'Zok, Djinn, Efreei, Naga, Drolvarg, Giants, Coldain, and other races of Norrath?  I know up on Shattered Craig there are the Squidheads (can't remember their name), but are there Droag?  Oh, dragons?  And drakes?  Some of those guys have been sentient and not just mindless army for the Awakened forces.

If they're in a different place and I haven't gotten there yet (still in EJ), then my bad and nevermind.  But if not, well, it'd be nice to see them or some of them at launch.

They were crafters and didn't have enough AA to get in

Old 10-29-2012, 08:57 AM   #5
Rainmare
Server: Oasis
Guild: Pillage

Loremaster

yep ya gotta remember every 'zone' in Eq1 has a corrosponding 'ethernere' area. so I imagine Droag/Iksar/sarnak/dragons would be in the Kunark/Velious areas. the DE mostly around the Nek forest area, dwarves around BB and so on...forggies mostly would be in what we'd call the 'Moors' section.

and who the heck knows what the ethernere version of where the Ratonga come from might be.

we're only getting Feerott...which was mostly lizardmen/Ogres....and Loping Plains..which is were/vamp central.

so a smattering of the other races kinda makes sense that way.

Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:13 AM   #6
feldon30

Fansite Staff

They're Ethernere nor there.
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:19 PM   #7
Gamer1965

Tester

bad Feldon, bad Feldon... SMILEY
Gamer1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:35 PM   #8
denmom

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

yep ya gotta remember every 'zone' in Eq1 has a corrosponding 'ethernere' area. so I imagine Droag/Iksar/sarnak/dragons would be in the Kunark/Velious areas. the DE mostly around the Nek forest area, dwarves around BB and so on...forggies mostly would be in what we'd call the 'Moors' section.

and who the heck knows what the ethernere version of where the Ratonga come from might be.

we're only getting Feerott...which was mostly lizardmen/Ogres....and Loping Plains..which is were/vamp central.

so a smattering of the other races kinda makes sense that way.

Ratonga...underground somewhere I think.  Not Sundered Frontier, that's Roekies.  Ratonga for a long while were in FP or Gorowyn.

There are the ones in Kaladim...can't remember what they're called, Rattiliks or something like that.

But yah, I see your point, one that I utterly missed. 

Old 10-29-2012, 06:15 PM   #9
Kaitheel

Dev

feldon30 wrote:

They're Ethernere nor there.

Takin' a page from my quest naming book, I see!

~Kaitheel

Old 10-29-2012, 08:00 PM   #10
Peysel
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Tranquility

Tester

Fae/Arasai wouldn't go to Ethernere though would they? Aren't they suppose to go into spirit buds to be reborn again?

Peysel is offline   Reply With Quote