EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-17-2012, 07:35 PM   #31
Seiffil
Server: Permafrost
Guild: Grievance

Loremaster

Cronyn wrote:

No.  No bells in Thurgadin.  No.  Can you imagine having some adventurer ringing bells every five seconds while you're surrounded by ice and snow?  You're just hanging out there, being a Coldain, drinking some frosty ale, and OH LOOK ANOTHER AVALANCHE THANKS ELF WIZARD LADY!  Think of the children!!!

Actually, this is something we want to do.  I can't promise EXACTLY when, but yes, we'd like to see a bell on the docks.

Don't come crying to me if the Coldain give you dirty looks every time you use it, though.

Eh, they're only dwarves, and who could really tell whether they're children or not, don't they all get beards at a young age, female or male?

Seiffil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:02 AM   #32
Juravael

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected]_old wrote:

Add reforgers for guild halls to the list, too.

After adding a reforger amenity, perhaps SOE could provide an encounter spawner for Guild Halls. The benefits would be profound.1) We never have to zone for anything.2) We would not have to compete for mobs. Everyone can spawn what ever they want when ever they want.3) We could make it so we never see or hear from players outside of our guild.4) The lag in cities would be so much less.Moving around in an MMO, and seeing other players, is so last year. Why bother with the inconvenience? Make the entire game occur within guild halls.

Sadly, this is what some people actually want.

Juravael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #33
LadyMist

Loremaster

Here is a gem of a ideah my guild mate mentioned.

Make the stuff you tinker heirloom between your alts so they can use it too. Why have every toon a tinkerer when you can just have 1?

Old 09-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #34
Juggercap

Elder

LadyMist wrote:

Make the stuff you tinker heirloom between your alts so they can use it too. Why have every toon a tinkerer when you can just have 1?

Because having a toon a tinkerer doesn't prevent them from doing anything else? Why have every toon at lvl 92 when you can just have 1?

Run away! Run away!
Juggercap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:49 PM   #35
Koleg
Server: Unrest_old

Lord

Juggercap wrote:

LadyMist wrote:

Because having a toon a tinkerer doesn't prevent them from doing anything else? Why have every toon at lvl 92 when you can just have 1?

Tinkerers are both builders and opperators, but you'd think they'd be smart enough to make an instruction manual for the items they build so they could either make a few coin selling thier wares or hand them off to thier family or friends.  They could even get a Sage to craft them an instruction manual for those that have lost a few fingers in tinkering mishaps.

Koleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #36
Juggercap

Elder

[email protected]_old wrote:

Juggercap wrote:

LadyMist wrote:

Tinkerers are both builders and opperators, but you'd think they'd be smart enough to make an instruction manual for the items they build so they could either make a few coin selling thier wares or hand them off to thier family or friends.  They could even get a Sage to craft them an instruction manual for those that have lost a few fingers in tinkering mishaps.

Clearly they are smart enough to write an instruction manual. That doesn't mean that non-tinkerers are smart enough to follow the instructions in the manual.

Run away! Run away!
Juggercap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:31 PM   #37
Jaezah

Loremaster

Cronyn wrote:

No.  No bells in Thurgadin.  No.  Can you imagine having some adventurer ringing bells every five seconds while you're surrounded by ice and snow?  You're just hanging out there, being a Coldain, drinking some frosty ale, and OH LOOK ANOTHER AVALANCHE THANKS ELF WIZARD LADY!  Think of the children!!!

Actually, this is something we want to do.  I can't promise EXACTLY when, but yes, we'd like to see a bell on the docks.

Don't come crying to me if the Coldain give you dirty looks every time you use it, though.

LOL! 

/cheer! 

I shall hold back my horde of protestors (this really just includes my necro pet & merc and the bystanders that posted earlier) ... for now!

Jaezah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #38
Jaezah

Loremaster

Cronyn wrote:

<3  One guildie checked out the beta and said he saw a bell on the Thurg docks <3

<3  Another guildie linked a post on Eq2wire and it mentions guild chronomancers <3

Thank you, Cronyn!!    I am excited!!!!

Old 10-24-2012, 06:46 PM   #39
shadowscale

Forum Dragon

Jaezah wrote:

Cronyn wrote:

<3  One guildie checked out the beta and said he saw a bell on the Thurg docks <3

<3  Another guildie linked a post on Eq2wire and it mentions guild chronomancers <3

i can conferm this as well

shadowscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:04 PM   #40
Cronyn

Dwarven Dev

Jaezah wrote:

Cronyn wrote:

I can take credit for neither.  That was my gnome friend Gninja.  SMILEY

Old 10-24-2012, 07:05 PM   #41
Lizabethan

Philosopher

Well, normally I don't praise the Gnomish kind, but yay Thurgadin bell! SMILEY

Old 10-24-2012, 10:01 PM   #42
Jaezah

Loremaster

Tell Gninja not to be such a ninja and show themselves 

PS - I know this thread alone did not bring about such awesome stuff but that doesn't mean i am not going to strut around in the guild hall later like i am fabulous.  lol

Old 10-25-2012, 11:27 AM   #43
Rainmare
Server: Oasis
Guild: Pillage

Loremaster

/sigh

I swear some people are just lazy.

I mean really. DoV gave you a painting that ports you right to thurg. there's a druid ring not 10 feet from a griffon to thurg. you can take 2 steps from teh zone in point to sinking sands to Great Divide, and it's a 15 second run from the zone in point to the griffon to Thurg. they even gave you a clicky in your bag on the live event so you can port directly to the divide druid ring from anyplace in the blasted game world.

there was 0 reason to need a bell there.

again. chronomancers. really. 30 second zone time to Kelethin was too much? and I weep for the person that thought Qeynos was confusing. it's a flat straight freaking line, with at least like 30 guards in each zone that will send you directly to the npc you need to find.

if you can't find your way around Qeynos...I hope you never, ever under any circumstance leave your guild hall becuase you'll never find anything if Qeynos is confusing. especially never go to freeport. it actually has multiple levels of stuff.

Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:07 AM   #44
Jaezah

Loremaster

It took you longer to type that than it's going to take me to get to the Thurg docks!!  Listen, i'm lazy.  It's despicable.  Disgusting.  Intolerable even!!  But I wear ALL OF THOSE HATS.  AT THE SAME TIME!  And i'm not sorry!!!!