EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-28-2017, 10:22 PM   #121
Elinea

Quest: Legacy of Power: Realm of the Plaguebringer
Quest Giver: Druzzil Ro
Zone: Coliseum of Valor

I scrolled back through the text and saw where I received Enigmatic Portal Opening Device, but it is not in my inventory, nor is it found when using the search function. I ran back to buy a beta resetting tool from Finch to help a guildmate out, so I don't know if zoning made it disappear, but I can no longer advance the quest. I didn't sell anything at Finch, but I double checked the buyback window, as well as my restore window in case it was deleted by accident (though I'm sure I didn't).
For crying out loud. I didn't see the thing on the floor lol. I was looking in my inventory!
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 10:53 PM   #122
Elinea

Quest Giver: Druzzil Ro
Zone: Plane of Disease

Ran into an issue with advancing the quest. I walked around at the zone in, listened to Felkruk, moved forward and killed most of the Primordial Malice before I realized how much damage the zone detriment was doing to me. Thought about it and figured out how to get past the zone detriment. The next step in the quest after that....kill the Primordial Malice that I just finished killing. Is it possible to make them non-killable until after the mask part....or a maybe make them respawn?
Old 10-28-2017, 11:39 PM   #123
Elinea

Wrong forum, moving to zone forums.
Old 10-29-2017, 04:21 AM   #124
Fandi

Quest item for Legacy of power: Through storms and mists is not dropping from Auliffe Chaoswind's treasure chest. frostbite crystal. Ran it 3 times to make sure.
Old 10-29-2017, 08:28 AM   #125
Marranda

Legacy of power through storms and mist (BROKEN)
Item: Frostbite crystal ( not dropping) not in chest or on mob

Also just saying! I personally dislike the chest being at some other location. Great for scouts or those that have track available to find them. But for the rest of us a PAIN and not fun.
Old 10-29-2017, 02:50 PM   #126
Elowith

Build=13650

Legacy of Power: An Innovative Approach
Step: Find Meldrath's Spirit.
Issue: never received the "electro-charged clockwork hand" when I was supposed to.

I defeated The Ancient Clockwork Prototype, received the Ancient Clockwork Hand.
I defeated the Clockwork Scrounger XVII
I defeated the Glitched Guardian 10101 ... which was supposed to change the "ancient clockwork hand" into the "electro-charged clockwork hand". I am unable to progress past this point.

Had same problem as reported earlier.

NOTE: Reset and went back in. After killing the first named, I got the achievement for the glitched guardian. Perhaps some odd lag in quest update?
Elowith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 03:01 PM   #127
Leed

Had the same thing happen last night - first time through the zone crashed, second time through the hand never changed into the electro-charged clockwork hand. I figured zone crash must have bugged my quest, and so I deleted it and am restarting it.
Old 10-29-2017, 03:45 PM   #128
Fredero

Zone: Plane of Disease: The Source

Once you have killed Rancine, the bridge to get to the island, BEFORE the island with the update on, does not appear and as the water kills instantly, you are unable to continue.

However, I did find a sacrificial gnome with rebirth and such fun tricks to get across Wink
Old 10-29-2017, 06:32 PM   #129
maxximum

Legacy of Power: Through storms and mists

Tower of the rainkeeper, the trash has ridiculous hp and eats through all my bruiser temps and deathsaves within 20 seconds. I got past it on my dirge by kiting them all, but bruiser has zero kiting ability and even less ranged dps. . .
Old 10-29-2017, 07:07 PM   #130
Nero

Quest: :Legacy of Power: Through Storms and Mists
Quest step: Return to Klodsag at the base of the central Spire
Problem: No dialogue comes up when I hail him.
Detail: No that i got the 4 shards, the quest has me going back to talk to Klodsag, and i can see him, and a quest update feather over his head, but when i hail him, nothing happens.
Old 10-29-2017, 11:00 PM   #131
Xianthia

Did deleting the quest work for you? I've tried/done betas since time immemorial and have not been able to get past this quest step. I see folks way past this step and I'm still fiddling with trying to do this part of the quest. I don't usually delete or suggest deleting quests unless absolutely necessary. Thanks in advance Smile
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 12:46 AM   #132
Leed

Yes, it worked to get me past that part (then I made it to next Innovation solo instance which promptly crashed when I got to named again). I zoned out, reset zone, deleted the hand, deleted the quest, restarted the quest, got another hand, and it turned into the electro one when I got the quest update for Glitched Guardian 10101.
Old 10-30-2017, 01:55 AM   #133
Kaitheel

Developer

There's still more issues to be examined and more changes to come, but here's the most recent changes that should be in with the next Beta update:
  • Legacy of Power: An Innovative Approach - Deletion of the quest now removes Ancient Clockwork Hand from player's inventory.
  • Legacy of Power: An Innovative Approach - The Electro-Charged Clockwork Hand is now lore.
  • Legacy of Power: An Innovative Approach - Being led to the Glitched Cell Keeper should be an easier update now.
~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 02:18 AM   #134
Zuicidal

Legacy of Power: Through storms and mists - Quest says, return to Klodsag at the base of the central spire, I return to Klodsag, he has quest feather, won't talk to me to update so can't progress.
Zuicidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 06:31 AM   #135
Hypozeuxis

Legacy of Power: Glimpse of the Hereother - having EVERYBODY look for an object that disappears as soon as one person clicks it is not OK, unless it has a really fast respawn time (say 30 seconds). We shouldn't have to camp possible clicky locations.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:44 AM   #136
Nero

Old 10-30-2017, 04:22 PM   #137
Xianthia

I have two characters that are decently geared (expert/heroic, no raid pieces). I am struggling to get through the zones/mobs. Each step since going into the instances has been a big time chunk and struggle. It's only two weeks into the beta.

as an example, I spent well over an hour to kill Manaetic Behemoth.

Obviously this is not helpful for details, just I guess wanted to make the comment as to how it's been going for me so far.
Old 10-30-2017, 04:52 PM   #138
Xianthia

QUEST: Legacy of Power: Realm of the Plaguebringer
Objective: Find a way through vitrolic mist
[BUG maybe] I made my way to the end of the Last House Crypt by going on the left/right hand side. I saw Felkruk had quest update feather, but I killed Primordials that I could target/get to before I killed Felkruk.

Killed Felkruk, quest updated to
Objective: Defeat Primordial Malice around Last House Crypt (0/12)
[BUG, again maybe] Except that now there are not enough Primordials to complete the objective.

I tracked the zone and ran past the Bubonic area, no primordials on track (just in case last house wasn't the only spot for them).
Old 10-30-2017, 05:27 PM   #139
Kaitheel

Developer

Other players have found that they needed one more Ignus Manaflare (recipe calls for two in total) to progress past this error. It's on my list to examine.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-30-2017, 05:31 PM   #140
Kaitheel

Developer

Hopefully, the changes I submitted yesterday evening will stop this issue from occurring, though I am unsure what caused it. Did you see a message stating that the hand had become electrified? You didn't already have an "electro-charged clockwork hand" did you? (It can be gained without being on the quest, so that's why I ask.)

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-30-2017, 05:47 PM   #141
Kaitheel

Developer

I agree! If that is what is happening I would like to fix this issue. What object are you referring to?

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-30-2017, 05:49 PM   #142
Kaitheel

Developer

Hopefully I can identify the issue with Klodgag today, Nero. It's not been overlooked.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-30-2017, 05:52 PM   #143
Kaitheel

Developer

There aren't enough Primordials as you had already killed some. This issue is being addressed, but the fix has not yet been completed.

Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-30-2017, 06:46 PM   #144
Xianthia

QUEST: Legacy of Power: Realm of the Plaguebringer
Objective: Search for another Rune of Symbiosis
[problem] I looted 'a foul smelling rune' , before I could use it I ld. I've gone back into the zone and the dome around the small island is back up. I can't grab the item again to use.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:31 PM   #145
Leed

For me here was the complete timeline:

Got quest, zoned into Plane of Innovation: Masks of the Marvelous, killed first named, got noncharged hand, killed second named, zone crashed (logged back into me at entrance with all mobs/nameds respawned). I logged out for the night. Logged in next day, zoned out, reset zone, went back into a fresh instance, killed first named, killed second, then Glitched Guardian 10101 - did NOT get the electro-charged hand (and it didn't do any red text). Logged out for the night. Next day deleted noncharged hand, deleted quest, exited zone, reset it, went and got quest fresh again, then did zone all in one go, it gave me electrocharged hand, did red text about the hand getting charged, and I went onto the next stage of the quest where it takes you into Gears in the Machine. Engaged first named, and zone crashed, came back, fought to first named again, and zone started lagging terribly then crashed. Logged out for the night.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:33 PM   #146
Nero

Ty Kaitheel! Appreciate you looking into it!
Old 10-30-2017, 10:45 PM   #147
Leed

Legacy of Power: Realm of the Plaguebringer

I fought all through Plane of Disease: Outbreak [Solo], and got to the last step 'Search for another Rune of Symbiosis', after killing the last named in zone a glowing thing spawned, I clicked it (as you do for each step up to this point), and instead of it updating quest it zoned me back to Coliseum of Valor (nowhere near entrance to instance), I ran back to the instance, zoned back in, but all the quest items had vanished from my inventory. There was no way to get back into the dome and look for whatever would update the quest. The quest still says 'The High Dragoon held a Rune of Symbiosis, but it must have been damaged in our struggle.' is checked off, and he doesn't spawn again.

Hopefully there's something I can click, something I'm missing, and I don't have to delete quest and instance and redo them again to get into the dome or get those quest items back.

Edit: Found if you run at the barrier enough you eventually can work your way through it and get into the bubble.
Old 10-30-2017, 11:27 PM   #148
Kaitheel

Developer

Oh, Lourdess. You ran into many issues there. I couldn't even begin to figure out if it was a rollback issue, a lag issue, an inventory issue, or quest issue that caused the situation you experienced. I know a great many bugs with the zone and quest have since been resolved, including the changes I made yesterday. I appreciate the information, and please keep a look out for this issue in future testing!

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-30-2017, 11:28 PM   #149
Kaitheel

Developer

That does help me. Let me know if you run into this issue again, please!

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-30-2017, 11:35 PM   #150
Kaitheel

Developer

Oh, no! That is not the intended answer. That's a bug, too!

Thank you!

~ Kaitheel